Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

Man, on a semi-related note, how awesome is VitaCost?

I took a look on there - they do international shipping, but I'd  have to really sit down & work out what I'd want/need as shipping is the same amount no matter what you order right up to a particular weight, then they start adding per 100g..... a project for the weekend methinks!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maw was young and when she had me...she was eating cinnamon rolls and drinking coffee.  She ate cinnamon rolls almost every single day.  It's a wonder I even have a brain.  Don't go there. :D  We are what our mother eats, seriously.  All of you mothers out there that watch what you eat as you carry your children...your children will thank you waaay into the future.

Maw ate whopping boatloads of multi-crap.  I'm paying for that.   She did much better with my siblings.  They have wonderful teeth.  Me,  not so much.  I've been sitting in dentist chairs since the age of 4 and that's never ever stopped.   With each passing time I have to go and have all kinds of major work done,  I could just throw myself on the ground and eat another dirt sandwich.

I don't want to go.  The time is flying.  I should be getting ready and I'm dragging my feet.  

I want to cancel that appointment but I must go.  I'll catch you on the flip-flop.  Enjoy the clubhouse while I'm gone.   I'm distracting myself with music.  I can see why they play music in surgical rooms now.    Musical instruments and instruments with sharp jagged edges.  black-eye1-smiley.gif?1292867556  Yuck, I 'm going to need a bucket.chase2-smiley.gif?1292867566

There's your cinnamon rolls.   All of them should be sprayed with Raid.   I loathe, cake, frosting and cinnamon rolls and multi-crap.  They'll get you nowhere good.

tumblr_lq3b59Wuj41qfhr6z.jpg

Really?   I want helium balloons,  laughing gas,  and lots of it.  I want to be bouncing off the walls while I'm sitting in that chair staring at that hot light and thinking of songs.  Ooooooo please,   sometimes I ask the assistant if I can hold their hand.   It's ridiculous but I can't help it.   

I reminded Maw yesterday that it was all her fault.  The blame rests squarely on her shoulders. We are what we eat.   So for everyone who wants to go back to thrill eating on Day 31...take a good hard look at what's coming down the road.  Consequences. 

Your frickety frick frick teeth may fall out and your pancreas will simply pack its bags and check out to Heartbreak Hotel.  

I wish you could get your dental work done at a Comedy Club.  They should have that by now.  A stand-up telling jokes and making you laugh while you're tanked up on laughing gas.  Larry the Cable Guy and Tater Salad. 

"You wanna get the truth out of me, get me hammered."   Tater Salad

That's the dealio, when I'm tanked up on laughing gas, the most amazing things come out of my .cavitysearch-smiley.gif?1292867566.....I will say almost anything to anyone.    

But I am not even remotely kidding.  Doctor appointments, dentist appointments, yes even hair appointments -- anything that requires me to be still and people are doing something to me?  Yep.  Gives me anxiety, for sure.

My doctor agreed to give me just a few tablets per year, to deal with this stuff.  What's funny is that they are 5mg tablets, and all I really need is 1/4 of one of those.  I don't take too much.  It's just enough to take the edge off and keep me from pooping my pants.  LOL!   :lol:

When we're at the Clubhouse,  do you see how the time goes!!!   I've been here over an hour.  I was just inches from a clean get-away.   Ooooo,  I was going to pick up that phone.   Dentures.   CrapOdear. 

George Washington had wooden dentures.   Poor ole George, wonder how Martha liked kissing a pine tree.  Rosin up the bow, jmcbn.  

Wooden-Teeth-Copy.jpg

Brewer- what do you mean my lifting heavy things? I lift my body weight, which is heavy, when I do my PT exercises. :D

Lancer, I picked up my first weights almost 4 years ago.  My life has not been the same since, nor will it ever be.  Thankfully.  

I was weak.  I was a smoker in high school, and I walked the mile in gym class.  I had no idea how people looked muscular and athletic -- all I knew was, it wasn't me.  I probably thought they just had good genetics.  I probably just thought I was screwed.  If I even thought about it.

Many years later -- after 3 kids -- I started out doing a home strength training program, with my little 3-pound weights -- because that was all I owned.

{HOLY CRAP...  When I type that out, I can really think about how far I've come.}

I spent some time with home workout programs, then I quit smoking and stopped working out for a little while (FUNK) -- then I knew it was time to get my butt in gear again.  

Lifting helps with depression and anxiety.  Boosts all of those feel-good neurotransmitters, hormones, etc.  I never regret doing my training once I get started, but I can always feel the difference when I don't.

So, I went to a small gym down the street from my house, and I learned some really cool things with a personal trainer, for about a year.  At that point, I was ready to break out and do my own thing -- even with visions of maybe becoming a trainer someday, myself.

I bought the equipment I needed, and I set up my own home gym.  I am passionate about lifting.  I see the change it has made in my body, my everyday life (everything is so much easier!), and how I feel inside.  I love being strong.  I love being able to carry ALL of the groceries in the house in one trip (and yes, I do that, frequently  :lol: ), I love being able to put my 8-year-old on my shoulders and do squats all the way to the ground.  Throwing my kids' bikes in the back of the truck, all by myself.  The list goes on.

I love being able to decide that I am going to start climbing stairs at the art center -- and just doing it.  I haven't died.  I didn't wake up this morning unable to walk.  No big deal.

This is the program I am using these days:  

http://smile.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-Womans-Building-Better/dp/1936608642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443115870&sr=8-1&keywords=strong+curves

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-24%20at%201.31.3

I love Bret Contreras.  I have heard him speak on several podcasts, and he is a great guy.  "The Glute Guy".  He has a program in there for everyone -- beginners to advanced, whether you're at home or in a gym.  And yes, they are full-body workouts -- not just glutes.   ;)  And not just women -- yes, I have known guys who use these moves, also.

The back of the book has the most detailed, extensive explanations of each move that I personally have ever seen in a book.  With pictures.

SO.  When you see me talking about Lifting Heavy Things, now you know.  This is me.  If I could, I would have everyone in the world doing strength training.  The benefits of building muscle are too many to count.  ...And yes, of course bodyweight counts.  In the beginning!  We all gotta work our way up from somewhere.

Brewer has the arms to prove it.  I've seen them.  They're deluxe.   Brewer,  I'm just checking in.  This is an all day ordeal.   I have to go back in at 4:00 pm.     I need 2 crowns,   asap and more down the road.   I'm going to throw myself on the ground.  looser-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793 Just finished the x-rays and checkup.  Cleaning at  4:00 and film at ll:00.

I'm crown-fallen or crest-fallen, whatever.  bad-luck-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927

They're deluxe.

This made me LOL.  Thanks, Lily.  :)

Ugh!  Ugh ugh ugh.  So sorry about the dentist.  Valium.  I've got nothing else on this one!  And Lord knows I've tried just about everything.

Don't drink any caffeine between now and then.  Even green tea.  Caffeine is a stimulant.  You don't want it when anxiety is high.  Trust me.  I know.

Nope, nope.  I used to smoke & drink coffee before appointments like a MORON.

Nicotine = stimulant

Caffeine = stimulant

:rolleyes:

I just want to go get blasted,  falling down blasted.   I won't but I might if  y'all were around.    It wouldn't be a pretty sight.   I'd be crawling around on my hands and knees and barking like a dog.  Alcohol and me.   Not a good mix.gargle-blaster-smiley.gif?1292867601

I know a fair few people who get valium from the Drs for air travel - for some it's the only way. For me I'm fine  with flying, I've even had a filling or two without sedation, but ask me to go to the local swimming pool and I'd need to be heavily sedated to agree. A few years back I bumped into our (then) IT guy at a waterpark/pool not too far away from where I live and he stood & talked to me whilst not lifing his eyes from my chest. It's a nice chest, for sure, but he forgot that I had the power to make him our ex IT Guy.... 

I'm a lifter too - at least when I've not got a prolapsed lumbar disc. There is something about being able squat more than the bloke beside you that is very empowering. I did a lot of functional training with a PT to correct some issues in my lower back/glutes due to a slight scoliosis and I'd come so so far having moved on to a lot of Crossfit style Olympic lifts. Then I got the tendonitis in my elbow from over-training, and now the back. The elbow is pretty much healed now, although I've still some strengthening work to do to prevent the same injury, and I'll see on Saturday morning what the prognosis is for my back.

I NEED back to the gym - I'm starting to get cabin fever.

In other news, I'm posting >this link< to some photos of my beautiful country, just because.... Meadow, you'll have seen a few of my own photos of some of these places but there are a few new (to you) ones amongst these. 

Archived