Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I see this kind of thing all the time - more so on holidays..... Comical!!

My dad would be mortified if my mum started dressing anything like him.

That said I've noticed on occasion when I pick up the boys from their dads on a Saturday that the clothes I've packed for them on the Friday morning co-ordinate with what I'm wearing - I must do it subconsciously...  :blink:

I'm running to the one pump gas station.  I'm going to look around at the hotdogs hopping along on the roller, check out the tea in cooler and sample the condiments.   It's a quick trip, not an off-roading.    I'm going to blow the stink off and stick my head out the window.   I'll whip my hair around like an egg-beater and think about that cool buzz cut. 

I can't be gone long due to my job.  

Dogs get the raw deal in the lifespan department.  I'm going to make the most out of today and take my dog for a ride.   Life is too short for a dog.   dog-smiley.gif?1292867583

I'm from the North of the island, right on the east coast - not too far from Belfast, home of that World famous ship that infamously sank, but I make a point of travelling all over the island so that my kids know all about their heritage. People joke that I should be working for the Tourist Board. The photos I posted in the link are all within two hrs of my home, most within an hour, and quite a few even less - in fact one I can see from my office window...

Dublin is a beautiful city - so cosmopolitan for such a small place, and so much history - you would love it, everyone does....... Add it to your Bucketlist!

Nice! Yes, I have a friend from Seattle (that's where I am at) who moved to Dublin. I know we'll visit him when we go, as well as Belfast, because my husband might register for citezenship there in the future. His granpa was an Irish native. 

Like-wise. I was to get my hair cut this afternoon after work but my best friend (who is also my hairdresser) had to postpone as her mum has been in hospital and was getting discharged today...

I'm trying to grow out a pixie cut and I know the next 12wks are gonna be pretty grim. I also know that about 16-20 odd weeks after that when I get things just where I want them I'll throw the head up & go back to the pixie - or the GI Jane look I sometimes favour....  :ph34r: 

Interestingly my hair was long & poker straight until I was about 14.

Life was simple then, just like my food.

If only it were that simple now.

When your friend cuts your hair, make sure they just point cut the ends, and give you some texture and movement while you're growing it out. Also, have them recommend an awesome new hair product that you can use to make your hair look, smell, and feel more awesome :) It should help you get through it. 

I think a buzz cut would be very nice.   Good through the wind, rain, sleet or hail.   Bear and I could share the same look.   Married people start dressing alike at some point, don't they.  My husband can't stand matching shirts and clothes.   He thinks it's ridiculous to see couples dressed like twinsies. 

He won't let me buy any more of his shirts.  He's tired of his coworkers asking him 'if his wife dressed him today'.   I like bright colors like eggplant and dark magenta, spruce greens and he prefers dirt sandwich brown and tans.   So I can't do any more of his  online ordering.

magenta_droplet_4_by_kingyousy-d49267g.j

My hubs and I look like twinzies alot. It's because we both have the same taste in clothing- is it practical, yet cool? Is it comfortable? Do we both like it? If so, we both have it. It also doesn't help that we mainly only wear black. Cuz we're casually got like that. We like it when our friends freak out about it also. :D I would show you a pic but I don't know how to post pics in here. Maybe you can help! 

When your friend cuts your hair, make sure they just point cut the ends, and give you some texture and movement while you're growing it out. Also, have them recommend an awesome new hair product that you can use to make your hair look, smell, and feel more awesome :) It should help you get through it. 

Thank you - you're a star and I can just imagine you adding some 'juj' to my hair (sp?) in your salon... !  :D

I feel honored to be on your personal log and in your space.   I've known you quite awhile, too.  You are very real.   I wouldn't be here if I didn't know both of you.    

OK, you all...I hear you, both in what you say, and in what you don't. I am truly sorry to not know any of you, or if my posting here has been annoying, I truly find your dialogue inspiring and enlightening and, oh yes, REAL... But I will excuse myself now and not barge in to your conversations any more. Thanks anyway for all the encouragement and I wish every one of you vibrant health and joy.

Brewer, don't shout me down when I'm preachin' good.  You have movie star looks and if you were bald, you would look maaarvelous, darling.  Simply marvelous.    

Whewwww.   It was good to get out and blow the stink off.  Soph loves sticking her head out the window.  I drive slow so it doesn't hurt her lil ears.   Frankly,  I think I'm starting to drive like my Grandmaw.  She drove like a snail.   I don't care, what's the rush.   

Remember when she drove us to the Dairy Queen and several kids fell out as we went around the bend because the door wasn't shut tight.  Well,  if she hadn't been going at a crawl....I just can't say.   I might not be able to blather on and foam at the mouth about almost everything here.  :D 

kumbaya-smiley.gif?1292867630

Lancer, you have good ideas.   My hair is a tee-total wreck.  self-scared-smiley.gif?1292867669  I don't know. skriet-smiley.gif?1292867673   It could be that I just want to mix it all up and go punk.   Bright magenta.  Yeah,  like Brewer....all kinds of cray hair colors up in here. I'd like to make a huge change. Dark purple or midnight blue.   It's probably best  to sleep on it.   

If  I was coming to your shop,  I would be sure to call ahead for my appointment.  

Archived