Granola

Nancy   H.

I know this was posted somewhere, but I jut make this this morning. And It is terrific. Be sure to try it. It really curbs the whole breakfast cereal dragon. At least for me.

GRANOLA

1/2 apple, cored and roughly chopped

1 handful sliced almonds

1 handful chopped dates

1 handful coconut flakes

Generous dose of cinnamon.

Pulse in food processor.

Serve with coconut milk.

Optional: you could top it with some fresh blueberries.

I am pretty new to this - 8th day today - and would like a little clarification. IF this was served as kind of a "side dish" to some scrambled eggs with some chopped spinach, would it then be more compliant with the template?

Yes I think so. Though it might set up some not some good wantiness for the rest of the day.

I am pretty new to this - 8th day today - and would like a little clarification. IF this was served as kind of a "side dish" to some scrambled eggs with some chopped spinach, would it then be more compliant with the template?

I'll let a moderator chime in on this. I've seen at least one of them say a smoothie is "sort of okay" along with a full meal, but for me, it wouldn't be okay. I stay away from nuts, dried fruits and anything that "imitates" something that isn't Whole 30. Sort of like even if the ingredients in a "paleo" bread are Whole 30 approved, making the bread still wouldn't be.

This is great for my kids. They love cereal as an after school snack once in a while. They finished up the box in our pantry last week and I told them no more would be brought into the house. This would be a nice treat for them once in a while. thanks for posting.

I'll let a moderator chime in on this. I've seen at least one of them say a smoothie is "sort of okay" along with a full meal, but for me, it wouldn't be okay. I stay away from nuts, dried fruits and anything that "imitates" something that isn't Whole 30. Sort of like even if the ingredients in a "paleo" bread are Whole 30 approved, making the bread still wouldn't be.

Yeah, I saw this posted and the SWYPO warning bells went off a little bit. I decided I was being overly harsh because I personally am and never was a granola in the morning fan. why eat granola when you can have eggs and bacon?

So here are my guidelines for you:

If you are using this as a cereal replacement, it is OUT.

If you are using this as the ONLY thing you eat in the morning, it is OUT.

If the dates are going to set off your sugar demons, it is OUT.

If you are experiencing any gut discomfort and are pouting because you aren't getting the full benefit of the W30, this should be the first thing to pull out

IF you just want something crunchy along side of your eggs to mix things up in the morning, or something sorta portable to take with you on a hike, or something like that...it's fine. Be honest with yourself about the choice.

Thank you Renee Lee. I have no problem with bacon and eggs. It was the vegetables in the template that I struggled with. I know, suck it up, right? I love vegetables, so any other time of day this is not an issue. I was quite literally finding myself nauseous after several attempts at eggs and vegetables or even leftovers from the previous night's dinner. A combination of banana, blueberries and some ground nuts let me feel like I was at least getting close to the template.

I want to enjoy my choices, and not struggle with them. This allows me to do that. Thanks again.

• Good to know I will make sure that I add some eggs with it I just miss my yougurt and granola in the morning and I did not have any isseus with needing sweets throughout the day. It actaully really helped me out. I did notice that I needed a snack before lunch so next time I make this I will add some eggs and protien to the mix and make this a small side.

Archived