Severely Constipated!!! Whats up with that??!!

MelanieR

A little late to the game but I wanted to chime in and say a big glass of water first thing in the morning (possibly warm, with lemon) will certainly help! I once read to drink a liter of water first thing in the morning and I started doing that and it sure does set you up for the rest of your day!

Also, I'm curious about the coconut.....since it is fatty, wouldn't it make you less constipated? I thought fat did that. Am I wrong?

A little late to the game but I wanted to chime in and say a big glass of water first thing in the morning (possibly warm, with lemon) will certainly help! I once read to drink a liter of water first thing in the morning and I started doing that and it sure does set you up for the rest of your day!

Also, I'm curious about the coconut.....since it is fatty, wouldn't it make you less constipated? I thought fat did that. Am I wrong?

Coconut is used for those with chronic diarrhea to help slow things down. Google it and you'll see what I mean. If you're backed up and eating a ton of actual coconut, manna, etc., that might be part of your problem. Coconut oil doesn't seem to be so much of an issue, though.

• 9 months later...

Last month I have been constipation for 15days really it hurts so badly and the stool is small and hard to pass. At that time I was regularly following normal diet like drinking and eating apple or some sort of juice etc. really those days was horrible for me I extremely unlikely to say to my parents or friends. I have shared this to my close friend she has suggested to consume fiber and one glass of warm prune juice and water 2-3liters per day. I regularly followed but I didn't find any results with that finally I have consulted doctor after a week the doctor suggested me take laxative weekly three times I have drink really laxative is an amazing source to reduce constipation problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I have to admit....I'm having the same problem.  Painful gas and I'm constipated.  (This is NEVER a problem for me...you can usually set your watch by my "schedule".)  However, I eat sweet potatoes almost every day now, drink lots of water...especially in the mornings, because that's when I workout...and I eat a lot of apples.  I drink my coffee black (which usually gets me "moving"), so the coconut thing is almost non-existent for me.  I eat lots of kale, spinach, and Brussels sprouts, so I'm getting a lot of green, leafy veggies and crucifers.  What else can I do?  My tummy is NOT happy!  :unsure:

Hi - I found that a HCL enzyme supplement helped me immensely.  I'd tried all of the other suggestions - water, sw potatoes, magnesium, etc, but it was the HCL that almost immediately helped and has kept me regular ever since.  It might be worth a try if the other suggestions don't work.

Oh man... coconut milk might be my problem as well but I love it soooooooo much.  Do you think there's anyway around it if it is the culprit?  Like has anyone has success with keeping it in their diet and adding the fermented stuff, starches, magnesium etc... I dont want to give it up!  

I have it every morning in my eggs AND my coffee.  Ahhh!!

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I'm still having issues in this department. I have been going like 2 days without a BM, and then bam, I'm running to the bathroom. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to up my starchy veggies, but maybe not enough? Maybe too much fat? Not enough veggies? I have no clue! Please help. This is frustrating.

I haven't been taking any supplements, though I keep hearing about Natural Calm.

I post daily my food intake in the Your Whole30 Log forum - my log is: Trez 1st Whole30 Log

Archived