Forearms and legs are super sore and in pain after workouts

So as a cyclist and motocross rider I do a lot of strength and endurance training. I'm on day 7 and I'm getting more energy now, but my muscles are like 3 times sorer than when I was drinking electrolytes and supplements the day after.

Am I just not getting enough of the right nutrition or what here? I'm chugging water daily, doing pre workout meals and after plus my 3 meals.... Seems to be really bad in my forearms for some reason, thoughts?? 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, RanktheTank said:

Am I just not getting enough of the right nutrition or what here? 

There's no way of us knowing without knowing what you've been eating.  This way of eating shouldn't cause pain in muscles, especially if you're doing the same type of workouts as you were previously... you may feel more tired and have more fatigue as your body switches from carbs to fat adaptation but actual increased soreness is not a symptom of the Whole30.  If you'd like advice, please list out what you've been eating including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein, fats, fruit, water, workouts, pre and post workouts etc...

I think I'm just getting used to going from carbs to fat adaptation. 

Basic meals so far roughly:

1. Breakfast
    1. 2 eggs (salt +pepper)
    2. Tuna 
    3. black coffee
  2. Post Morning Workout (strength and stretching)
    1. 2 eggs (salt +pepper)
    2. 1 Chicken thigh boneless
    3. half red and green bell peppers 
    4. 2 cups spinach
    5. 16 oz water
  3. Lunch
    1. 1.5 Chicken thigh boneless (approved hot sauce + salt + pepper)
    2. full broccoli head
    3. 6 small red potatoes
    4. Green Tea
    5. 16oz water
  4. Pre Evening Workout (10 -30 mile bike ride)
    1. hand full of Cashews
    2. some source of protein
    3. As much water as possible
  5. Dinner
    1. Guacamole and approved plantain chips
    2. protein 
    3. vegetable
    4. maybe a little fruit

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RanktheTank said:

I think I'm just getting used to going from carbs to fat adaptation. 

Basic meals so far roughly:

1. Breakfast
    1. 2 eggs (salt +pepper)
    2. Tuna 
    3. black coffee
    4. Veggies??
    5. Fat??
  2. Post Morning Workout (strength and stretching) Post workout is recommended to be lean protein and starchy carbs, no fat, so no egg yolks and chicken thighs are fattier meat.  
    1. 2 eggs (salt +pepper)
    2. 1 Chicken thigh boneless
    3. half red and green bell peppers 
    4. 2 cups spinach
    5. 16 oz water
  3. Lunch
    1. 1.5 Chicken thigh boneless (approved hot sauce + salt + pepper) this is not a lot of protein.
    2. full broccoli head
    3. 6 small red potatoes
    4. Green Tea
    5. 16oz water
    6. Fat??
  4. Pre Evening Workout (10 -30 mile bike ride)
    1. hand full of Cashews nuts are recommended to be limited, so a closed handful every other day at most, don't use this every day as pre workout.
    2. some source of protein
    3. As much water as possible
  5. Dinner
    1. Guacamole and approved plantain chips the only approved plantain chips are ones you make yourself... 
    2. protein 
    3. vegetable
    4. maybe a little fruit

I've made some notes in your post...

You can still take electrolytes as long as there's no sugar or other non-compliant carriers.  I just dose my water bottles with salt and lite salt.

When you say sore are you talking full-on DOMS or another type of achy feeling?  I ride a dual-sport motorcycle so I definitely understand the sore forearms/elbows/wrist thing.

I'm just sorer than usual, I think the forearm pain is from bad form on the bike lately as I have been cycling 20 ish miles a day and just started ridding heavy again. 

So just salt water?? lol Are there any other electrolyte complaint things out there? It's been so humid here in Texas lately. 

5 hours ago, RanktheTank said:

I'm just sorer than usual, I think the forearm pain is from bad form on the bike lately as I have been cycling 20 ish miles a day and just started ridding heavy again. 

So just salt water?? lol Are there any other electrolyte complaint things out there? It's been so humid here in Texas lately. 

You can try Elete Electrolytes.  I could only find their UK website but you can purchase a bottle on Amazon.  I also use coconut water in a pinch or purchase water with added electrolytes.

https://eletewater.co.uk/

20 hours ago, RanktheTank said:

I don't know if this is good for workouts, but the Whole Foods in my area has what they call "Electrolyte Water". It's deionized water with potassium, calcium and magnesium added and doesn't contain any sugars or anything like that, although always double check that it's the same in your area. I've been meaning to buy it more regularly to see if it'll help with my exhaustion after workouts, but haven't gotten around to it yet. We're just starting to get some hot and humid days over here in Virginia. 

Electrolyte water is the same thing as unflavored Propel (which may be easier to find and cheaper than anything at WholeFoods). It's probably an even better bet for electrolytes than coconut water which, let's be real, is juice. I can only drink that stuff cold because to me it tastes like I'm drinking sweat. Considering you want the electrolyte water to replace the salts you've lost through sweating, it makes perfect sense, but it either has to be super cold or cut with something, for me. Even as important as it is...just can't do it straight if it's tepid. 

Archived