Another Kombucha question..

cbelling

I have been enjoying GT's Kombucha during my Whole30 but tonight in the store I noticed a couple of flavors had a callout that said they contained alcohol and you must be 21 to purchase. I was under the impression they all had a little alcohol but not enough to have to be of age to purchase. Perhaps it was just because these particular brands had more than a certain %?

I guess the big question for me is if there are any GT's Kombucha flavors that are off limits.

Thanks.

It's their original recipe. The alcohol content is higher than the others so it has to be labeled. I'm not sure how high it is. I get carded when I buy it.

From their website:

Our Classic line of GT's Kombucha has the bold and identifiable effect that we first introduced in 1995 that made the name GT's Kombucha synonymous with quality. We have chosen to modify our labeling instead of compromise our formula. GT's Classic may contain more than 0.5% alcohol therefore you must be 21 or over to purchase

Delaine your stores probably just don't carry it because it's a bit of a pain for them. It's a distinct line of GT's with different labels and amber colored bottles instead of the clear ones. I will say I like them a lot better. They have a much more intense flavor and are more bubbly. They also tend to have a lot more slimy bacteria waste floating around in them. I took a swig once and wasn't expecting it and half choked and coughed out a huge brown slimy mass that dribbled down my lip and chin. Cute visual right?

Delaine your stores probably just don't carry it because it's a bit of a pain for them. It's a distinct line of GT's with different labels and amber colored bottles instead of the clear ones. I will say I like them a lot better. They have a much more intense flavor and are more bubbly. They also tend to have a lot more slimy bacteria waste floating around in them. I took a swig once and wasn't expecting it and half choked and coughed out a huge brown slimy mass that dribbled down my lip and chin. Cute visual right?

Literally laughed out loud on that one. What an description. :)

This fear is THE reason that I always pour my kombucha into a glass...and mine is not the high test that yours is.

LOL! Great visual! I have been pouring mine in a glass and that still happend to me the other night, all of the sudden a big slimy thing is in the my mouth, yuck!

I would love to get carded when I buy anything!

Got carded at the movies not too long ago. Almost made me cry. People tell me I'll be thankful for that when I'm 40. I say enough already!

I may have thrown up a little. Just a little. This is why I needed a booch brewer with a spout.

Archived