coconut flour?

lilangel4824

I find that I only need to use about a third of the coconut flour if a recipe calls for almond flour. I've never actually cooked with almond flour, though, so it's just through trial and error I figured that out. Overall I'm a big fan of it, though. Good luck!

Does anyone else just stick their face in the coconut flour bag and inhale the smell?

It smells so dessert-y I sometimes can't open it in case I get into a frenzy and run down the street to buy sixteen coconut macaroons

No, not yet but your description made me giggle and now I need to go buy some coconut flour! :D

Does anyone else just stick their face in the coconut flour bag and inhale the smell?

It smells so dessert-y I sometimes can't open it in case I get into a frenzy and run down the street to buy sixteen coconut macaroons

Lol...I bought mine from a bulk bin at a Whole Foods type store near me. I was so happy when I smelled it. :)

allowed flours for none baking uses are coconut, almond, tapicoa (also called tapioca starch) and arrowroot.

Did I miss any?

I don't know if you missed any, but I don't think there'd be any more that you'd need. Coconut flour is great for dusting meat or a little bit of thickening and tapioca is perfect to replace corn starch in anything that needs proper thickening.

I don't keep almond flour, mostly because the temptation to bake become very very strong.

Michaela, I am going to second what you said. I made the meatloaf last night with the coconut flour, and I am not sure if I just didn't mix it well enough, or if it's just naturally grainly, but the meatloaf was disgusting!!! I could feel the texture of the flour and it was horrible. Couldn't even get my seven year old to eat it. Ugh. I'm going to browse some local health foor stores to see if they carry almond flour since I can't seem to find it!

Instead of flour I put about 1/4 to 1/2 head of cauliflower through the food processor and use that. It works just like using bread crumbs (I put it in the meatloaf raw) and I LOVE it. It does not add a lot of flavor but adds veggies and it makes a great meatloaf.

I know It's not an almond flour answer, but thought I would give you this one to try., :)

• 7 months later...

I tried to cook with coconut flour yesterday and I loved it! Ive heard some people saying that it adds sweet flavour to meals but I didnt notice any difference at all. Here is a good coconut flour pancakes recipe.

is baking powder allowed? Or is this a SWPO recipe?

Paleo pancakes are not allowed on a Whole30.

On another note, it's tricky to find compliant baking powder, as most contain cornstarch or potatoes. Google paleo substition baking powder and you will find a sub that is a combination of baking soda and cream of tartar.

Archived