I messed this up, didnt I?

realgravity

I had three whole fruits today. One guava and two bananas. Maybe I am obsessing, and maybe I am not. I know I had a serious sugar craving today, and I was just feeding it.

Did I totally mess up my Whole30 journey? I am on day 10. Have I undone some gains (as in benefits, positve changes in my body)?

You're going to have to stop feeding the sugar dragon. Honestly I avoided fruit and did not eat dried fruit at all during my W30 because of my sugar addiction. I don't think anyone would tell you to start over, it was real food after all, but perhaps take a moment to see what was triggering your cravings. Were you truly hungry? Increase your fat and protein at meals. Were you stressed? How can you deal with that better, because let's face it, stress happens. Were you lonely? What plan can you put in place to address those feelings? It's about being as prepared as you possibly can be. You can take this day to help you plan for a better tomorrow.

You're going to have to stop feeding the sugar dragon. Honestly I avoided fruit and did not eat dried fruit at all during my W30 because of my sugar addiction. I don't think anyone would tell you to start over, it was real food after all, but perhaps take a moment to see what was triggering your cravings.

I am pretty sure I know why I was doing it, and knew I wasnt supposed to, as I was doing it! Ugh. I should just stay away from the fruit. Last November, I didnt do fruit at all, and it really helped my sugar cravings.

Thanks for your words!

You haven't totally messed up. You learned something valuable. Feeding the sugar dragon with fruit keeps it alive. I rarely eat fruit because I have a sugar dragon that still loves to appear occasionally.

Yap, I just decided not to eat any fruit for the rest of the W30. It is really a trigger.

Everyone has something that has no brakes.... I'm really ok with sugar and never really crave it unless have been on vacation and binged on desserts that I didn't even really want and that lead to me shoving more sugar in my mouth! The worst for me was artificial sweetener, I was up to 3-4 spoons I each coffee plus 4-6 cans of diet soda a day... It's been about nine months without any sugar/ sweetener and I will NEVER EVER dance in that arena again...

My true weakness is nutbutters! Perfectly legal in moderation, told myself I need the calories because I workout so hard, never shoved veggies of my plate for it, but........... Two or three spoons a day would shortly lead to a whole jar a day!!! So I just say no now....

• 2 weeks later...

Im so confused!!! I have the shopping list from the Whole30 that I am constantly looking back and referring to, but it sounds like im not supposed to be eating fruit. I am only in day 3 of my first Whole30 and I really want to do it right so Im wondering are these food not allowed or are they? Please help :)

I have found that if I chose to eat fruit it will have to be right after a meal. I mean like directly right after. As in it has to be on the table with my meal. Then it can be part of my meal as opposed to a "treat". So the sugar dragon does not rear it's head unless I have single "snack" that is a fruit. I have also found that if the fruit is followed by a couple of olives or sprinkled with coconut butter that the sugar dragon is not around poking me later.

I have found that if I chose to eat fruit it will have to be right after a meal. I mean like directly right after.

True so true. I started to eat them before the meal. May sound strange, but I actually like it this way. Fruit alone always leads to random snacking = not good.

I have also found that if the fruit is followed by a couple of olives or sprinkled with coconut butter that the sugar dragon is not around poking me later.

Back when I was on the Atkins forums, someone gave the tip of eating the opposite for a craving. A lot of people with sugar cravings found they went away if they ate some olives or a dill pickle. I'm not big on sugar, but on the rare occasions I do crave it, I find this to be true.

Archived