kb0426 Whole30 Round 2

kb0426

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slw - new liquid coconut oil?

I did stop for kale after all! You know when everyone is in their cars and they are crabby because it is snowing in April? Oh, you don't know that because YOU DON'T LIVE IN MINNESOTA? Anyways, I digress...I needed to get across two lanes and due to the crabbiness it wasn't happening. I had to head in the completely opposite direction from home; I took it as a sign I needed to go to the grocery store and get the kale.

m3: Baked buffalo chicken wings, kale chips, plantain chips with guacamole dip, bottle of kombucha. Yes, it is a fingerfood kind of night!

Reading through your log, I just realize that I have to go and get kale... and perhaps make that salad tonight, it sounded delicious!

Tomorrow it is supposed to snow again. I know exactly what you mean with snow in April, and how it makes everyone grumpy.

Happy Saturday! :D Feeling good, feeling fine! Tiger's blood!

Day 15:

pre-wo: HB egg, regular coffee w/ WCC

post-wo: HB egg white, 1/2 banana

m1: Fisherman's Breakfast over wilted spinach. I added some red pepper flakes. Mmmmm! :wub: Decaf w/ WCC. Thanks for the wilted spinach idea Derval!

m2: grassfed beef patty, sauerkraut, dill pickle, romaine and grape tomatoes with some homemade caesar dressing.

I added a fried egg and mayo to the burger, and also had a kale salad with evoo, lemon juice, and some raisins and walnuts too. Had a kombucha gingerade too. Talk about probiotics galore!

planned m3: I am stumped. I am sure once I get to the co-op I will find something perfect!

I have to say I felt really good at the gym this morning. I felt strong and put in a little extra as a result.

post-6147-0-18379400-1365263095_thumb.jp

My picture taken at the gym where you are not supposed to take pictures. :ph34r: I really wanted to have a picture to track progress. I have only been back at the gym for 2 weeks but the muscles DO remember how strong I used to be!

Have a great Saturday!

m3 ended up being a big ol' piece of grassfed rib eye, baked plantains and guacamole. I may have a baked plantain problem. Just sayin.

I AM going to bed at 9 tonight and I AM going to sleep until at least 7. If I say it forcefully it will happen, right?

G'night!

Good Sunday Morning! Apparently speaking forcefully works! I slept from 9:15ish to 6:45ish. I vaguely recall getting up to pee. A vague recollection is good. That means I barely woke up and went right back to sleep! I just love putting my head on the pillow and immediately dozing off!

Last night I finally purchased Natural Calm. It should be here Wednesday. I obviously did not do this for the sleep! I think I need something to keep things moving, so to speak.

Day 17: Already? No! It is day 16!

pre-wo: HB egg, regular coffee w/ WCC

post-wo: deli roast beef slices and 1/2 a banana

m1: Fisherman's eggs over wilted spinach, mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries), decaf w/ WCC. I was so full I only ate 2 strawberries and was done.

m2: Sliced grassfed ribeye over spinach, grape tomatoes, olives, caesar dressingI ate all the spinach with breakfast, and I had just recently painted my nails. Went for easy peasy and had chocolate chili. I did throw some frozen spinach in before heating it up and added chopped avocado. The BOMB.

planned m3: Pork roast, mashed cauliflower, roasted brussels sprouts

I must say I am enjoying this whole30 much more than my first one. I think when I did my first one I was just so excited to try all of the new recipes, etc. I have been sticking to my mission this time of keeping things a lot more simple. I still do some prework on Sundays (a girl HAS to have homemade mayo and HB eggs at the ready!) but in general, easier is better. For now, at least.

I also have to say, for whatever reason, this time around has been less expensive. I think I am spending probably 75% of what I spent the first time around. It could be things like appreciating the ease of a grassfed burger patty just as much as an expensive lamb chop? Anyways, "Paleo being too expensive" should never have to be an excuse! Sardines are $1.59 a can :wub: .

Catch you later!

Quick, turn away, cover the children's' eyes before it is too late!

Okay, now before you take an enlarged look at the image below, I will tell you that, to you, it may not be pretty. To me, however, it is a very good thing. I post these pictures on here not to say "look at me" but for me to see progress. I look forward to tracking these photos.

I will never have abs that others covet. First of all, I have scars. Weight loss surgery left me with what I call "my zipper" down the middle of my stomach, and the loose skin of weight loss hangs from it. I also have what I call my "second belly button" which is a scar from the same WLS that did not heal correctly, leaving me double-belly buttoned.

Do I let these scars stop me? No, I don't. Whilst I do keep them covered in the gym, I still wear bikinis. I worked hard to get where I am today. If others don't like what they are seeing, then frankly, they don't have to look. At one time I was tempted to get a tattoo that said "what are You staring at?" While these scars are not pretty, they are mine. They remind me of the person I once was and the person that I will never be again. If not for my past, I would not BE the person I am today. I happen to love who I am, scars and all.

post-6147-0-68576400-1365349923_thumb.jp

Yes, this was more covert photo ops. :ph34r:

Kb.... You rock!!!!

And I'd be proud to walk down any beach with you sporting a bikini, ( I'll wear board shorts cause speedo marble bags are just gross no matter how good a guys abs are).... ** and no, I'm not hitting on you...lol"

Besides, after the first 5 seconds( primal instinct ) of seeing someone's " perfect body" it's all about attitude and personality!! I've dated plenty of " " perfect body" women and they were more insecure and paranoid then moms of three with scars and stretch marks.... Those dates never lasted to long.

My wife has a good body but by no means perfect....but to me she's perfect because she just rocks her attitude and that is what most guys find really sexy.... And anyone who puts up with me just be a goddess of sorts!!!!

Keep on rocking..... You are inspiring :) :) :)

We actually took a walk today! I still had to wear my winter puffy coat, but we enjoyed the sun trying it's hardest to convince Minnesota that it is spring time.

Here is the other half of the "we". He is the best friend and walking partner EVER.

post-6147-0-46294300-1365367044_thumb.jp

He tolerated my walking slower than usual. I can't wait to get this pin out in two weeks!

It really was nice to spend some time outside. It has been a long, hard winter in so many ways.

Epic dinner fail. Sometimes it happens.

The recipe I used for the rub for the pork loin said 1 tablespoon of salt. I blindly followed despite my gut saying it should be teaspoon. WAY too salty, and I ended up having to cut off the edges, including the fatty part. :(

The mashed cauliflower - the garlic, one bulb, overpowered it. I could taste nothing but the garlic. Into the garbage it went. :wacko:

The brussels sprouts - in theory, these should have been fine. I think I just had such a strong salt and garlic taste in my mouth, that I wanted nothing to do with them. :blink:

I followed up this meal with 6 blueberries, 3 blackberries and a strawberry. No, it wasn't dessert. It was a desperate attempt to get the nasty taste out of my mouth. I am going to go brush my teeth now.

I really hate when I have a dinner fail.

I hate meal fails because they set a cascade of random eating after...with no satisfaction.

Now I know where to send liver treats! Adorable. What's his name?

Nails are awesome. Looks like Essie's "bikini so tiny" or OPI "Havana dreams". I need the name hehe

And yeah, I am joining all the above in admiration. You are so courageous!

Hi Nadia,

My buddy is named Paco Chavez Javier Castroneves. I am not kidding. I call him Paco for short.

I am not even sure what the name of the color is! I surprisingly found it at the co-op in the natural beauty section. I have been amazed that it lasted a week! I am very hard on my hands between computer work, kitchen work, etc. I actually changed my polish today. Maybe some more covert gym shots will have to take place to expose it!

I think brushing my teeth was the best thing I could do; I now feel like I am ready for bed, and eating anything would just mess it up. Honestly, I am full from the pork but feel a little blurgh. :blink:

It's Monday! (snaggle fraggle and a little grrr thrown in for good measure.)

m1: 3 Applegate farms organic beef hot dogs - the compliant ones. Yes, I had 3. I was hungry! Sauerkraut, mustard, a banana and some almond butter. Decaf w/ WCC.

Edited to add: midmorning I was cranky. Personal and work issues and yes, I had an open handful of almonds as a result. I'd like to use an excuse that there was something lacking in my breakfast leaving me "hungry" but that would be a lie. I know what the issue is. I needed crunchy.

m2: 3 egg salad with green olives and homemade mayo, "crudite" assortment of carrots, celery and dill pickles and an orange. I guess I was full from the damned almonds.

planned m3: IF I can swing by the store today and get some spinach, I am having leftover ribeye sliced over spinach with grape tomatoes and homemade caesar dressing.

Hope your day is great!

KB...sorry for the delay. I have been in bed sick most of the weekend, so did not venture out to my laptop. Here is the link to the Coconut Oil that I bought. I since have found out that New Seasons (local WF type store) carries it and it was on sale this week so you may be able to find it at a local store.

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Coconut-Premium-Oil-Ounces/dp/B008YQKZ3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365441555&sr=8-1&keywords=coconut+oil+liquid

I really like it. Very easy to drizzle over veggies before roasting or gobbling before a session at the gym which my trainer is having me do.

So, after too many errand after work, which did not include the grocery store:

m3: 2 chicken thighs, plantain chips, mango (sliced) and guacamole. I just couldn't handle the thought of all of the chopping to make mango salsa when I had guacamole that needed to be eaten!

G'night!

What's better than a Monday? A Tuesday, of course! One day closer to the weekend!

I slept hard last night...and really wanted MORE. My body naturally likes 10 hours. This 8 hour business is not enough!

We have snow in our forecast :angry: . Will do my best to not be bitter about that.

m1: I have to admit - I was ready to throw some HB eggs in a container along with a banana and head out. I looked at the clock and realized I had time for a proper template breakfast! SO...3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk, 1/4 nappa cabbage sauted with coconut oil and coconut aminos (thank you Susan! :wub: ), grape tomatoes and a banana. Regular coffee w/ WCC. The "regular" coffee was intentional for "regular"-ity. The Natural Calm arrives today!

m2:I am getting the Chipotle I never got Friday! Carnitas salad with tomatoes and guacamole - LOTS.

pre-wo: HB egg, SMALL handful of nuts.

m3: I am going to break this one up; the sliced ribeye will be as soon as I get home from the gym, then I will have some sweet potatoes and kale chips. It will all be in my belly within about 30 minutes!

Make it a great Tuesday!

m3: I am going to break this one up; the sliced ribeye will be as soon as I get home from the gym, then I will have some sweet potatoes and kale chips. It will all be in my belly within about 30 minutes!

Oh yes there is!

Archived