kb0426 Whole30 Round 2

kb0426

Day 25:

I have to say - I have already decided that this will only be a whole30. I am no longer shooting for 40 days. Am I caving in to cravings? To pressure? Nope. I simply feel as I approach the end of this second round that I am ready to ride my own bike for a while again.

m1: Grassfed beef burger, sauerkraut, mustard, 1/2 roasted sweet potato

m2: carne asada salad - same contents as yesterday and kiwi on the side

pre-wo: HB egg

post-wo: Kippers from the tin I think, sweet potato

m3: Really depends on how close post-wo is to m3 and to bedtime!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is my Day 2 I hope I have the strength that you have had. I too am going on vacation in May. And I want to drop some more weight I have already lost almost 15 1/2 lbs since Jan. and I am looking to at least drop 10 more before May. If not more.

Good Luck With the rest of your days!!!!

Day 26:

Sleep was good. Poop was good. Life is good. ;)

m1: Lame-o! 4 eggs scrambled, grape tomatoes, a banana. Just not feeling the greens love this morning.

m2: Carne asada salad - the last of it!

m3: Likely chicken thighs and kale caesar salad.

Cya!

Day 27!

m1: 3 eggs fried over a bed of sauteed spinach (greens! go me!) and 1/2 roasted sweet potato

m2: Chicken thighs, salad that I will put together at work

pre-wo: HB egg

post-wo: Sardines in mustard from the tin, 1/2 roasted sweet potato

m3: depends on timing again!

Day 28:

Is it wrong that I want a piece of toast smeared with peanut butter this morning? :wacko: It would clearly be a need for comfort food. I am SO tired of the snow, SO tired of the cold. Is a desire for it to be 60 degrees with a piece of peanut butter toast in my hand really such a bad thing?

Sigh.

Anyways...

m1: 2 HB eggs, a banana, carrots and celery, fruit salad and almond butter (I had to pack my breakfast to get on the road early because of the *&^%$ snow)

m2: Tuna Nicoise salad

m2 ended up being at a different restaurant, so I had the kobe beef burger again, with the egg and avocado!

m3: I think I am rocking Chipotle carnitas salad with tomatoes and guacamole...however, everytime I say that it fails to happen!

Hope it is warm where you are!

Is it wrong that I want a piece of toast smeared with peanut butter this morning? :wacko: It would clearly be a need for comfort food. I am SO tired of the snow, SO tired of the cold. Is a desire for it to be 60 degrees with a piece of peanut butter toast in my hand really such a bad thing?

Sigh.

I'm with you. I'm so sick of snow and cold! Really hate MN this spring. My parents in Duluth have it way worse, so I take some comfort in not being there. :)

I did not make it to Chipotle for dinner. All I could think about all day was the fact that there was neither kale nor plantains at home. Thanks Nadia ;).

I went to the store and resolved that issue :).

m3 was sunshine in a bowl. Mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt (damn I forgot the jalapenos!) and shrimp. Oh, and plantain chips on the side for scooping!

There may be snow on the ground, but the sun is out and life is good!

Good Saturday morning!

I am sitting here with the first cup of coffee for the day, relaxing and planning. Today is Day 29. I am making my grocery list with not a noncompliant food in sight.

This is when it gets a bit scary I think.

The plan when I had finished my first whole30 last October was to only be noncompliant when I went out of the event was special. Fast forward to March when I was bringing home crack Triscuits and cheddar cheese. Don't forget the wine!

I have the knowledge that:

wine makes me blow up like a blowfish

dairy makes me break out like a 14 year old (sorry 14 year olds for the generalization about your skin)

triscuits are food without brakes

Yet, I knowingly consumed them; sometimes that was dinner.

I am not ready to record my thoughts about what this whole30 has taught me, but I can already state that I know I am always going to be a person that needs a whole "x" to reset. That is just the way I am wired. For me, it is recognizing when I need to make the call and start. I think what I can say was successful about my first whole30 was that I KNEW when I was no longer feeling as good as I was before, and even feeling a little bit off was enough. It was no longer about what the scale said that forced me to start eating foods that made me healthier, it was about how I felt. For the record, the scale was only up 1-2 pounds from the end of my first whole30, so I HAD to use the signals from my body to tell me it was time to set on a straight and narrow path again.

Okay, enough of that for now.

pre-wo: HB egg, regular coffee with coconut milk

post-wo: 1/2 lamb chop, 1/2 sweet potato

m1: Fisherman's eggs over wilted spinach

m2: will have to check the timing on this

m3: A friend recently moved into a new house, so I offered to bring them all dinner so that were having a home cooked meal. I am bringing chocolate chili (duh), avocados to add on top and some roasted sweet potato as the base.

I am also bringing a completely noncompliant dessert for THEM. Dudes, I am known for my baking skillz [sic]. One must not tarnish one's reputation by showing up dessert-less!

It is going to be a busy day. Paco is getting groomed today (I hope he talks to me after), I am going to the gym, to the grocery store, have to get the stuff made...well, I don't know if this is really a busy day as much as it is a fulfilling day :).

Oh and as much as I adore my whole30 sleep, I sometimes miss sleeping in until 8, you know? Now, on the weekends I am waking up every time at 6:57. If only that could be my wake up time M-F as well!

Off to get this day started. TTFN :D

m3 was sunshine in a bowl. Mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt (damn I forgot the jalapenos!) and shrimp. Oh, and plantain chips on the side for scooping!

There may be snow on the ground, but the sun is out and life is good!

Did you eat it in your new bikini? Ahah

I still have that mango and my plantain is almost dead. How lame is this.

Thank you for your posting this month! I'm on my 1st whole30... still trying to get things right... I too am a Minnesota girl... SOOOO over the snow!!!

Can you send/post the link of your chocolate chili and your mango salsa? Also, these plantain chips you speak of? Sounds yummy!!!

Thanks!

Cheers to snow melt!!!

Karla

Hi Karla -

Here you go!

Chocolate Chili from The Clothes Make the Girl:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

The plantain chips from Johnny the Moderator's blog:

http://www.eatingforidiots.com/creamy-shrimp-and-avocado-ceviche/

And the mango salsa I don't have a link, but here is what I do.

1 mango, chopped

1 avocado, chopped

1/4 red onion, fine dice

Cilantro, per taste, fine chop

jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, fine chop

kosher salt to taste

Juice from one lime

Mix and eat :).

Enjoy our sunshine while it lasts!

So I never got my post-wo meal, but I did have some grape tomatoes while I waited for Paco to finish his morning at the "spa".

He came home exhausted and I came home starving!

Since I did not m1 until after 12, m2 most likely is not happening today, but if I get hungry while I am cooking m3, I have plenty of safe foods!

Good Sunday morning!

Today is Day 30!

Rockin' the final day!

pre-wo: 2 HB eggs, regular coffee with coconut milk

post-wo: 1/2 lamb chop, 1/2 nuked sweet potato (I must say yuck. I view a nuked SP as more medicinal than anything else.)

m1: 3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk, decaf americano with coconut milk, sauteed nappa cabbage and bok choy (lots!) with coconut aminos and some apple cider vinegar

Another late m1, meaning probably a minimeal this afternoon...(I definitely needed something after shopping this afternoon. I had 2 HB eggs, a closed handful of walnuts, 6 blackberries and a medjool date. Thank goodness I didn't add a date until day 30...those little buggers can wake the beast!)

m2: These creamy tomato baked scallops that Nadia shared on another post:

http://paleodietlife...baked-scallops/

and kale caesar salad.

The gym was nice and NOT busy this morning. Everyone either sleeping it off or praying it off ;) ; it is nice to not have to fight for a bench!

This week's photo...baring it all.., this shot may be PG13 ;).

post-6147-0-12136700-1366564528_thumb.jp

Shameless! See, I told you I don't give a (*&^%. Isn't it nice that you get to see the toilets at the gym too? :mellow:

Off to keep this day going! Make it a great one!

Hooray and congrats! You actually look slimmer.

Can't wait for your verdict on scallops. I loved this recipe.

Going to miss your log, kale, mango, plantain and pictures. Your co-workers must be happy to have you back - cookies for them, lucky people.

Archived