W30d6—Diary of a Wimpy Dad

Duke

You're doing fantastic! Poor dogs have to start over. I was a little floored at my grocery bill yesterday. The meat is the most expensive part. The butcher had to keep running to the back to make sure the fresh ground sausage didn't have sugar etc, I do love how it all tastes.

Keep up the good work. I'm only on Day 6 but loving it,

TMI-Let's Talk About Poop Baby--Let's Talk About You and Me!

Yes--my new Super Boy Band--TMI and their hit song Let's Talk About Poop!

Really---this topic is TMI...do you really want to read this?

Are you sure?

Well- you are truly as foolish as I for posting this...here we go!

Life before Whole30 was seriously a poo fest. I would poo first thing in the morning, then 10 minutes after that, then again after my first sip of coffee, and yet again just before leaving for work. Then on my way to work, I would need to stop half-way to poo just one more time. All of the icky and wet...yes, I was Mud Wrestling...Had the Hershey Squirts...had the--RUNS BIG TIME.

I am now happy to announce that I no longer have this issue! I poo either once a day or once every other day now. I can make it to work without stopping (40 minute drive).

I am unsure what the root cause of the crap-tastic poopfest, BUTT, I am glad it is gone. If this is all I get out of this way of eating, it's okay with me! I am ecstatic for this result!

-or-

Happy as a pig in poop!

Whole30-day 23

So I kinda need to redeem myself for posting such crud on my last post. I am actually surprised that it wasn't pulled or reported, but I am glad it wasn't. I am very pleased with my new "gut response" to this new way of eating (for me). It actually changes the way I live at times.

But I digress...let's move on:

I have to say I am actually feeling better as a whole right now. My anxiety and depression has improved (the sun has been out and may have something to do with that as well).

My sleep has slightly improved. I have actually fell asleep one day last week without taking an Ambien and this has not happened in years!

I am hesitant on weight loss/body changes--I look forward to day 30 to see. I think my clothes are getting looser, but I really cannot tell.

More energy? I think so--slightly yes. I still need to get my butt to CrossFit more than once a week to really know. I do have a fear factor here. I suck so bad at CrossFit and am always last in everything and cannot do a lot of the moments (pull ups, more than 10 burpees, etc). Especially when "running" is involved.

I do keep somewhat busy. I have made my garden beds and ordered too much soil and so moving dirt all over the place which works up a big sweat.

One thing I was really hoping for was to have people notice my changes...that has not happened :(

Health wise--I get pretty light headed at times when standing up. Even to the point that it makes me actually stop and grab something so I don't fall. I do drink plenty of water and feel it could be blood pressure or diabetes medications that may need to be altered. Guess I gotta see my doc.

Anyway--day 23 almost done--I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Okay--Time to Share Good News! Day25

I bought some jeans a few months ago and could not fit into them. Well today is jeans day at work and I thought I would give them a shot. BINGO!--they fit! I swear they were like 4 inches too small around my waist at least. This is a very nice start to a beautiful Friday in the Rose City.

I had also slept in to 5:45 this am (I normally wake up by 4:30-5:00) and slept through the night without leg cramps or having to pee every hour.

Since I was running late for work--I skipped breakfast at home, but stopped by Panera Bread and ordered off their Hidden Menu. I had their POWER BREAKFAST EGG BOWL WITH STEAK. Sorry for all caps there (I just copied and pasted it from their website). Num Num Nummy--if you have a Panera Bread Restaurant near by, I HIGHLY suggest stopping by and ordering from their hidden menu.

It's nice not to complain and be able to share good news. I sure must have been quite sick before changing my eating ways. Although I will be celebrating with a taco fest on day 31, I think day 32 I will be right back here.

Congrats on fitting into the smaller pants - what a great feeling! Congrats too on your multiple triumphs over non compliant food in the house. My husband and toddler share a similar diet of chicken nuggets, pizza, crackers, and cereal, so there are temptations everywhere. Good job! B)

Life before Whole30 was seriously a poo fest. I would poo first thing in the morning, then 10 minutes after that, then again after my first sip of coffee, and yet again just before leaving for work. Then on my way to work, I would need to stop half-way to poo just one more time. All of the icky and wet...yes, I was Mud Wrestling...Had the Hershey Squirts...had the--RUNS BIG TIME.

I laughed hard at this!! My husband has the same morning routine! :lol:

I'm glad everything is coming out for the better! ;)

Day #28--The end is near. Thinking that I will continue this (after a 2 day vacation from whole30). I am pleased with the results, but this time I need to do a better job of adding in exercise.

I am pleased with the results, but this time I need to do a better job of adding in exercise.

Ditto.

Enjoy a break but make a clear plan as to what you will and will not eat. Mke sure you have compliant food on hand for the third day. You might want to not go totally off plan for all meals, or it might be tougher to return to it. There will a very loud voice in your head telling you to pig out on everything you haven't been eating.

Today is Day #30 of this little experiment I have delved into on my eating habits. 2 more meals to go and I will take my small break. One concern I do have is that I had my A1c tested last week and my doctor's office called the next day to see me regarding my diabetes (type 2). Initially I thought it was to congratulate me on such a wonderful job on controlling my blood sugars and then I thought maybe the month before I began Whole30 I went crazy with my food choices. I honestly don't remember what I did two months ago & I started the Whole30 Project on a whim at the last second so I didn't eat everything in the world before.

So I have this Dr. appointment for my A1c test coming up this next Tuesday--I have already shared my Bipolar views and then I listen to Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution Podcast yesterday. He was saying that taking the A1c test during a low carb diet shows false high blood sugars. He said that the red blood cells lived longer under this way of eating and therefore has more (I don't remember the term exactly), "Stuff" stuck to them because they are older cells which in turn gives us higher A1c results.

So crud...I think I need to go search out some documentation on this to show my doc, because he doesn't even know I have been doing this and I don't think he knows much about this lifestyle (Paleo, Whole30, etc.).

Here is a link to the podcast of which I speak:

http://robbwolf.com/...in-episode-183/

Chris Kresser's Article that Robb Refers to:

http://chriskresser.com/why-hemoglobin-a1c-is-not-a-reliable-marker

Duke, congrats on finishing your Whole30 and the great health improvements your achieved! I too figure this is a WholeWhatever because I have a lot of healing. I might take 1 day off, but not sure.

Archived