Made Mayo...Now What??

A spoon :)

My son and I both agree!! That is his favorite way to eat mayo! Other than on a spoon, I use it on cooked brussel sprouts and broccoli, in chicken, tuna or egg salad, as a dip with seasonings, a coating on chicken before baking, salad dressings, deviled eggs, anything you would have used conventional mayo for, you can use your lovely concoction for.

I think you should invite us all over for dinner :)

It's great as a base for salad dressings, inside lettuce wraps (wipe it inside a large lettuce leaf, then fill with protein, veg, etc & roll like a burrito), make shrimp or lobster salad, coleslaw, broccoli salad, etc...

I dip raw veggies, slather a burger, coating for fish, salad dressing as is or thinned out with lemon, lime, or orange juice. Mix with apple cider vinegar salt and pepper to consistency and flavor desired, chop up onion and cabbage and make amazingly delicious cole slaw.

A few nights ago I added minced fresh green garlic, salt and pepper, to it and used it as a dip. At the end of the week I take the leftover mayo and make the cream italian dressing: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/01/25/tangy-goodness-creamy-italian-dressing/

Deviled eggs, chicken salad. Spread it on ahi tuna and sprinkle cajun seasoning on it and sear on a super-hot pan.

Mix it with compliant dijon mustard and spread it on lettuce wraps.

I mix mine with homemade ketchup (I'm obsessed with the everyday paleo ketchup recipe) and use as a dip for sweet potato wedges, burgers, meatloaf, whatever.

I also sometimes add creole seasoning and horseradish. Ever had the bloomin onion sauce from Outback?? Bam! I just gave away my secret copycat recipe :)

Archived