My Whole 90 (autoimmune protocol + coffee elimination)... almost...

suth_n_belle

Ok. Day 30. TMI warning follows:

I am feeling very fat, today. I have a raging systemic yeast infection of unknown origins, plus I think I'm getting a cough or sinus infection. I seem to get both, a lot, and had hoped W30 would help... I guess not! I feel like I'm retaining fluid. My boobs are small, my belly and my butt seem huge. Baby belly is still here. Since I do have the candida and I don't feel my sugar demon is under control (just ask me how much watermelon I ate over Memorial Day!), I'm not going to reintroduce honey and stevia, just yet. I don't know how long I'll wait. Maybe another month, maybe 2 weeks.

My question is this: should I get on the scale, tomorrow? I'm really terrified that I haven't actually lost much, or perhaps even that I've gained! I'm scared. It was awfully nice to just eat and not worry about weight. But if I have gained, I will also know that I need to majorly change something. I'd like to know before too much time passes, so I can put the brakes on about it. Should I just wait for a day when I feel less fat??

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Your woes sound very familiar. If I were you I would do my best to remember my size 4 shorts and stay off the scale. Focus on healing. So sorry you're suffering right now!

Your woes sound very familiar. If I were you I would do my best to remember my size 4 shorts and stay off the scale. Focus on healing. So sorry you're suffering right now!

Ditto! Relish the shorts and stay off the scale as long as possible.

I feel you on the yeast thing and seem to recall that happening with me at the end of my w30. I also, I believe, have candida issues. Feel better.

Ok, thx... I think I'm going to weigh more when I'm sick, anyway, due to the body holding onto toxins. If so, when should I weigh? When I feel better, after another month, whenever I reintroduce honey and stevia, or ?? I don't want to wait too long.

Congrats on Day 31! I'm sorry you're sick. What a crappy way to feel on Day 31, but certainly not an indication on your success in the last month.

I vote with the others. Size 4 shorts? Throw out the scale and focus on healing your cold.

Re: meat: The truth is, that I get grossed out at eating stuff that is not pastured and organic. Like, nasty!! So I'm making us go broke, instead, but oh my! It tastes soooo much better!! If I manage to have more energy by eating right, maybe I can work more hours to pay for it??

Well, still sick... I am getting one thing on top of another!! I switched to a different thyroid med, and am having issues with thyroid pain and swelling, and getting sick with everything... I now have conjunctivitis on top of the yeast and sinus infection. Feeling like my actual thyroid gland is infected, if that's possible (I don't even know if it is), and the sinus symptoms are simply a manifestation of that. I have antibiotic drops for the eyes, but I'm holding the oral antibiotics for sinus infection, and just trying to treat with oregano oil and colloidal silver, instead :(

• Moderators

This happened to me on my W30 too--the sickness on top of sickness with conjunctivitis to boot!

I'd like to think it's the body kicking out the jams. Feel better. Those eye drops are magic.

I also picked up some sweet potato vermicelli from the Asian market, thinking it would be like sweet potatoes... and it is not. I don't like it, and I don't know if it is W30 "legal", for all the starch in it. So I had a few servings, and feeling "fat", afterwards... I don't think I will be eating those, again, so long as I am on the strictest part of my whole 90.

Well, I am back on my old thyroid medication; the switch did not go well. There was an anti-inflammatory agent in the new med... And while it worked at reducing inflammatory pain, I also felt it increased my susceptibility to infection; I got sick with about 3 or 4 things, all at once!! I'm still trying to come back from all of that. Feeling much better, NT still have a sore throat that hasn't gone away.

The reason I tried to switch, is because I'm concerned my current med may have cornstarch as a filler, and I am pretty sure I'm allergic. So the symptoms are thyroid swelling about 30 mins after I take my meds, and the chronic inflammatory pain that wont go away. Now, the inflammation is likely caused by the Hashimoto's, but I'm concerned there may be cornstarch in the med which keeps me feeling inflamed, even on an adequate thyroid dose.

But I have to get well before I can even look into a different medication option.

Ok... Anyone feel thin one day and fat, the next?? I don't know if I'm alternating days of fluid retention, or what. And the belly... Flat one day, poking out with food baby if I eat anything... And this is weird, but... Legs feeling huge and flabby? Please tell me the flabby is part of weight loss and not having the firmness from the fat?

Anyone experienced some of this, or am I just being weirdly self-critical?

I should totally weigh myself, just so I can quit wondering, and know...

Hi - You're not alone.  Honestly, I think it's psychological in part.  I definitely feel thin one day and fat the next and sometimes within the same day, yet the same clothes fit on both days.  As for the scale, just my opinion, but I say weigh or don't, but stop stressing about whether to do it or not.  I can't tell you to ditch the scale all together, because I haven't, even if it is a good idea, but stressing about it isn't good, either way.  :)  I'm glad you feel better! 

So, once our body has made this "switch" in fat metabolism, it would be our new "normal" to crave fats when hungry, right? I come home from work and I want avocado or coconut butter by the spoonful! I haven't limited myself on the healthy fats; I think, if I am craving it, perhaps my body needs it. I also find that being quite liberal with the fats, helps me to feel full and satiated.

I weighed, this morning.

7 weeks, or 49 days... I am just over the halfway mark.

126.2 lbs. I have lost 10.8 lbs.

It was very emotional to step on the scale, and I don't plan to weigh, again, until Day 91.

On one hand, I'm like, Aww only 10 lbs in 7 weeks, whereas everyone else loses 15 lbs in 30 days?? And then I think, I weigh 126 lbs?? AWESOME!! I probably shouldn't go much below that anyway, for a healthy weight.

But seriously, I don't think I've weighed below 130 since my early 20s? I will be 39, this Friday. I am ready to hit the beaches in a bikini! :D

This brings total weight loss in the past year and a half to 46.6 lbs. And this is in spite of a thyroid disorder which makes weight loss more difficult.

Acne is slightly better. Aches and pains are all still there, completely unaffected. More energy. Skin seems smoother. That's the general assessment, so far.

Well, we ate out for the first time since being on W30. I wasn't sure what to eat, and I probably got some stuff like canola oil, without knowing it. So be it; I did the best I could. It was Mediterranean, and I ate a shishkebab out of ground beef, a cucumber-tomato salad with the tomatoes picked out, and fruit. And tea.

I am still struggling with candida, well, either still or again. I think I will probably re-introduce stevia pretty soon, as I feel the juice I'm using to sweeten my tea, may be keeping me from getting over it. At least stevia doesn't give it anything to feed on. If so, I will be moving over to the reintroductory forum, even though I have about 6 weeks to go, on the plan.

Archived