My Whole 90 (autoimmune protocol + coffee elimination)... almost...

suth_n_belle

Jackie, this product is not Whole30 compliant and definitely against the spirit of the Whole30 and Whole9 life. We're happy that it works for you and you enjoy it, though!

In general, we aren't big fans of posts that are purely advertising in nature, so we'd love if you choose to stick around, but please avoid posts like the above?

Thanks!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on nettle tea, which I understand to be a good multivitamin "replacement". I also take a vit C powder and Natural Calm, they both look to be W30 compliant. A few other supplements, as I'm on an iodine protocol with companion supps including selenium, plus I take wild yam root. Having a hard time finding compliant selenium and wild yam. Also fish oil. I just ordered FoodScience cal/mag, which states that it is free of corn, soy, gluten... and other things. So I think it will be okay.

I really need a daily selenium and wild yam root, though, even if I can't find a fish oil.

I'm thinking again about doing the AIP. My psoriasis is a little better but I'm curious to see if I'm really sensitive to eggs, nightshades.

I also have typical candida issues, though I can't decide if candida is BS or not. If I were to follow a candida elimination diet I'd have to eliminate starchy veg and fermented foods. Obviously not at the same time!

I'm just confused and I can't imagine eating fewer foods for longer periods of time. And Paleo Mom's site is down and where is she when I need her??? I have plenty to eat on W30. But the AIP really dwindles your options. I guess you can do anything for 30 days.

I'm thinking again about doing the AIP. My psoriasis is a little better but I'm curious to see if I'm really sensitive to eggs, nightshades.

I also have typical candida issues, though I can't decide if candida is BS or not. If I were to follow a candida elimination diet I'd have to eliminate starchy veg and fermented foods. Obviously not at the same time!

I'm just confused and I can't imagine eating fewer foods for longer periods of time. And Paleo Mom's site is down and where is she when I need her??? I have plenty to eat on W30. But the AIP really dwindles your options. I guess you can do anything for 30 days.

I've been telling this to myself for the past month.

I decided to take it very slowly. Sort of preparation beforehand (way to trick brain?). Eventually no eggs feels normal. No nightshades is ok too, though my favorite vegetable is bell pepper. I tried to take it back, oh my I wish I didn't. Idea is to get to the point where I am very comfortable with the narrow choices I have. Then do a superclean AIP. Fingers crossed.

Suth, good luck. I will def follow your journey. Make sure to check couple of websites I've posted in the AIP thread for meal ideas.

I don't think I will manage to start tomorrow. I've been trying to sub tea for coffee in the mornings, and having difficulty performing at work... I mean, I am really dependent on a mild stimulant drug! It's not that I feel more tired or less hyped without coffee... It's that I can't function! Brain fog city, and I don't want to lose my job over it! I'm thinking about ordering some yerba mate... I've tried it before, and the effects were only just "meh".

Also, my husband will be out of the country, most of the month, so I will be trying to do work and single mother, it's a lot of stress. Hubby will be off school over the summer and have more time to help, so summer might be a better time. Although I would have loved to lose a few more pounds before bikini season ;p

Nadia, my favorite veg is bell pepper, too. Raw or sautéed, any way. I just love it--it's my go-to and I've recently begun to love using it as a scoop/holder for other foods. I can imagine 30 days w/o eggs or tomatoes--though I'll miss my Tex Mex recipes that call for tomatoes. But bell peppers hurt the worst.

SB: I quit coffee as part of my W30 and it was brutal for a few days. I was using yerba mate to wean myself. It still sucked. I could barely walk or function. It was hard, but it needed to happen.

Haha! Glad I'm not the only one who is so dependent! I've allowed it to this point, because I lack an "on" switch for my brain. The coffee was like a partial "on" switch. Most people with a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD are on stimulant meds to cope and function, and I considered coffee a much safer option. I believe the ADD diagnosis is *probably* due to underlying health issues, that's why I didn't even mention it in my original post.

However, I had an episode, today, that made me decide to start tomorrow. I drank 2 large cups of coffee on an empty stomach, and thought I was gonna die, for about the next 3 hrs. I was sooooo sick! I decided, I'm done with this. I will plan on drinking black tea and yerba mate for W90, instead.

So look for it, May 1st, starting a 90-day aip + coffee elim, with the possible exception of early reintroduction of raw honey and stevia. Even if I'm not ready and I don't have enough food. I will fast, before I will wait another day!

Will post height, weight, and current photo, first thing in the morning.

My current selenium supplement, states that is if free of corn, soy, and gluten. So unless they change the formulation, I will stick with that. My wild yam root looks good, but it doesn't specify the source of the gelatin. That's the biggest things I'm trying to focus on in my supps, the corn, soy, and gluten. So until I know about my wild yam root, I will continue to take it. They are both by Nature's Way.

Still haven't found an affordable fish oil (not cod liver oil) that is definitely free of soy. So I'm not taking it, at present.

I'm with you in solidarity on the no-coffee. I didn't really miss it much when I did AIP, but of course afterward I was like "I'm healed, coffee with cream please!" But yesterday morning I came down with a stomach flu and coffee with cream was the only thing I'd had that morning before the nausea hit so now my brain is associating two days of misery with coffee. Wrongly so, but I'm gonna go with it.

Nadia, my favorite veg is bell pepper, too. Raw or sautéed, any way. I just love it--it's my go-to and I've recently begun to love using it as a scoop/holder for other foods. I can imagine 30 days w/o eggs or tomatoes--though I'll miss my Tex Mex recipes that call for tomatoes. But bell peppers hurt the worst.

Sub for bell peppers: dehydrated squash. Just made some, sliced on the diagonal to make bigger. Didn't even season them and they are sweet and delicious "chips" for holding things. Just an idea.

Ahah almost took off for a supermarket run

Which one? Butternut? Acorn? Temp and time? They are still a bit chewy right?

Oh, I used the yellow crookneck summer squash type in my Ron Popeil janky dehydrator. Takes like 2 days in there. They were not chewy at all. I think the winter squashes would be good but they are so difficult to cut when uncooked I doubt I would try. I saw on another thread someone used yam too.

Still haven't found an affordable fish oil (not cod liver oil) that is definitely free of soy. So I'm not taking it, at present.

Did you see the post on supplements above? There are a couple of brands of recommended fish oil. Not sure if they meet your needs.

Oh I see, I'll think about how to cut them. After my mad monkey night with breaking into coconuts I think I got this one. Plantain tostadas are the best in holding foods, but they must be forbidden. It's a crack.

There are three listed as options in the supplements list. I haven't purchased any, so I'm not sure where to find them or how expensive they are, but each has a link.

I'm finding questionable ingredients in both those brands, and neither of them explicitly state, "no corn, no soy," that I can tell. I don't trust it until I see something from the manufacturer to that effect. They both contain glycerin, which I thought was off-plan, and one contains "mixed tocopherols", which could be soy. And glycerin can be derived from corn. So I'd rather just go without until I find something I'm sure of. Just because soy is soooo prevalent in fish oil.

Here is my home-brewed kombucha stash, at least for the next couple weeks: I used fresh fruit to flavor it, and I made ginger-pear, ginger-orange, mixed berry, mango, berry-orange, possibly a berry-ginger in there, and even a cinnamon-vanilla-banana! Not sure how the banana will turn out, I was running out of fruit to use. Guess I should drink the banana one, tonight, even though it hasn't gotten to a second ferment, b/c I put a little vanilla extract in it, and apparently it's off-plan. I'm very proud of my home-brew!

post-23161-0-07048000-1367379435_thumb.j

Archived