Calee's Whole Whatever

calee

Yay calee, good result! Even without the weight loss I think you got some great results out of your Whole 30, so this really is the icing on the cake.

*mad applause* *hugs*

We should have a party-blower, celebratory emoticon :D

You're the best road buddy! You're right, I got great results. I brought a pair of capri's to slip on when I got back to my office after class this morning. They were tight when I started May 1st. This morning they're baggy but especially baggy in the tummy. That's because there's NO BLOAT!!! Golly I've loved this month of healing and all of you wonderful people I'm getting to play with along the way.

Are you done yet? :) Hugs hugs hugs!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, that slump was the worst I've ever experienced! But it's kinda like childbirth, you think it will never end and then look how great it all turns out. Hugs hugs hugs all around! I think that our AIP group seriously altered how great my 30 day experience was. Hooking up with you pros was a smart move, don't ya think? I learned so much. I'm really super stoked for the next 30 days. I bet my energy is going to become more vibrant day by day. I'm high off my reformer class. She kicked my ass from here to Tuesday. It's a new studio, new instructor and I was nearly in tears during the first five minutes. I was glad there was no clock in the room because that was a slow 55 minutes. I sweat like a little monkey jumping from tree to tree. It was a much more aerobic workout than my other reformer teachers! Maybe I'll try TRX or Barre class this weekend while recovering from this. I couldn't believe she had us doing burpees in the middle of class! I wanna grow up to be a dancer like you Nadia. I'm about to grab a Kombucha out of the fridge to cool down. :)

Ahah burpees. They are good for you but it's a love/hate thing for sure. I hope 55 minutes including warm up and stretching after? Crazy sweaty part shouldn't really take more than half an hour ideally. Yes, recover well, your body might be in a slight shock. Massage? One more routine that proved to be magical (MissMary knows the stuff))) - alternating sauna 10 min-cold shower/room-steam room 10 min - cold shower/room - hot tub 10 min. Repeat if needed. Miracle thing I tell ya.

Let us know how the barre class will go! So glad that you are doing it.

Hmm. I would not be especially pleased if I was doing burpees in a reformer class. I'd be thinking, I can do that at home but I can not use a reformer at home so put me on the *$&]#% machine! You should be able to use the same muscles on a reformer anyway--but in a more precise way, which is why you choose a pilates reformer class vs a bodyweight bootcamp class.

Well, that's probably just me. I enjoy the control and precision of the equipment and the way it feels--and I want to extract every second of work I possibly can. But there are obviously benefits to mixing up workout types.

Anyhoo. $100 is amazing for a month of those classes. I'd love to have a nearby barre class.

Hmm. I would not be especially pleased if I was doing burpees in a reformer class. I'd be thinking, I can do that at home but I can not use a reformer at home so put me on the *$&]#% machine! You should be able to use the same muscles on a reformer anyway--but in a more precise way, which is why you choose a pilates reformer class vs a bodyweight bootcamp class.

Well, that's probably just me. I enjoy the control and precision of the equipment and the way it feels--and I want to extract every second of work I possibly can. But there are obviously benefits to mixing up workout types.

Anyhoo. $100 is amazing for a month of those classes. I'd love to have a nearby barre class.

This is a new studio. I'm going with the flow. Th few times we got off the reformer were actually a bit of a relief. They do some mixed classes. I'll have to see how it goes. I got an exceptional workout! Yup, $100 for a month of once a day is a steel. Single classes are $35 each.

Ahah burpees. They are good for you but it's a love/hate thing for sure. I hope 55 minutes including warm up and stretching after? Crazy sweaty part shouldn't really take more than half an hour ideally. Yes, recover well, your body might be in a slight shock. Massage? One more routine that proved to be magical (MissMary knows the stuff))) - alternating sauna 10 min-cold shower/room-steam room 10 min - cold shower/room - hot tub 10 min. Repeat if needed. Miracle thing I tell ya.

Let us know how the barre class will go! So glad that you are doing it.

Yes, 55 minutes start to finish. Warm up about killed me. It was a class of five so lots of individual attention. My body is definitely in shock! The muscles in he lower corner of my tush are screaming. The instructor said my form was perfect if that's where I hurt. I have a big sauna downstairs, but not a hot tub, just a pool and gym.

Please send a few shirtless gorgeous men, with great abs of course, to massage my aching muscles. Yes, that's a great idea! :)

No, I'm sure you are right! A combo class is probably perfect. (And i would never actually complain, i would go with the flow too.) I am sure I could stand to have someone make me do a few sets of those. :)

YAY! We made it! Sounds like we're both in for another round ... I'm glad! It'll be fun to compare notes, and see what happens next! :D Thanks for helping a girl out with wise and encouraging words ... it's appreciated more than you probably know!

Congrats on being awesome ... Whole30 on! B)

On Day 31 I wanted to experiment a touch. I was debating another W30 to add onto June or a W30 AIP to add to the 15 days AIP that ended on the 30th.

I figured start slow because I didn't want to feel bad. Fail! I experimented with 1 teaspoon of Ghee. I put it on my Japanese sweet potato and added cinnamon. It was seriously OMG delicious. I wanted more but was satiated by my liver pate and veggies.

Five minutes after finishing, my nose was stuffed up. I woke this morning with a sore throat, stuffy head and lethargy. My body is smart in that it gives me major signals when it's not happy. When I've been eating clean, the reactions are super apparent.

So I'm on to a W30 AIP.

So sad, I love ghee and believe for most people it's fantastic at reducing inflammation. I am not sure if it does this for me though but haven't set out to test it just yet, maybe after the coffee/cocoa testing is put to bed.... Since coconut and avocado are out for me and possibly eggs, I am reluctant to lose another fat source just yet

Archived