Calee's Whole Whatever

calee

Calee - I have enjoyed reading your log. I am on day 13 of my 4th whole 30. I have noticed your sleep issues and want to urge u to try the plain Natural Calm. Once your whole 30 is over u can try the flavored ones sweetened with stevia. It will change your life (and your sleeping). Years ago I had to use ambien - had to wean slowly as weaning caused night terrors. Calm works way better than ambien. I find it literally works for whatever ails you!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, you're making the pate! You won't be sorry. It is delicious. Maybe you could take a bit in for the butcher to show your appreciation ... ;)

Enjoy your new toy! Hubby and I share a kindle but I think the time has come for more toys and less sharing. (What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine ...).

MORE kombucha! Have you looked at scoby homes yet?

Calee - I have enjoyed reading your log. I am on day 13 of my 4th whole 30. I have noticed your sleep issues and want to urge u to try the plain Natural Calm. Once your whole 30 is over u can try the flavored ones sweetened with stevia. It will change your life (and your sleeping). Years ago I had to use ambien - had to wean slowly as weaning caused night terrors. Calm works way better than ambien. I find it literally works for whatever ails you!

Wheeler trio, congrats on your 13 days. That's awesome!

Thank you for your suggestion of Natural Calm. I put it on my shopping list for tomorrow!

Yay, you're making the pate! You won't be sorry. It is delicious. Maybe you could take a bit in for the butcher to show your appreciation ... ;)

Enjoy your new toy! Hubby and I share a kindle but I think the time has come for more toys and less sharing. (What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine ...).

MORE kombucha! Have you looked at scoby homes yet?

I actually didn't look for Scoby homes because at $1.99 a bottle, I'm happy to buy it for now until I see how I react to it.

Definitely get a kindle if you can afford it. Having your own will probably make you happy. I was reading on my iPad but had a $100 gift certificate to amazon, as well as $30 off on a new kindle HD Fire so felt like I just "had " to do it!

I'll let you know how my pate turns out!

Day 25 wrap up: I feel pretty good and actually noticed some physical changes tonight. If I've shed any weight it's most likely a small amount. Changes aren't that big.

We went to my favorite tapas place for dinner. Wearing my size 6 skinny jeans that have been snug since last fall was perfect. I was so satisfied about it that the fabulous bread and anchovy olive dipping sauce just didn't lure me at all. I noticed this with the bagels on Thursday, no emotional draw at all. That in a wrap is my first really victory of these 25 days. Emotional freedom! I hope it lasts because I'm over the moon happy.

It's funny bc my husband is always making comments about how "strong" I am in the face of bagels or donuts. I don't feel strong. I sometimes vaguely miss the enjoyment I attach to eating them--in terms of it being a family or group activity, but it isn't a struggle at all to not eat them. They are non-food. I don't sit there fighting myself. I think this is really hard for people to understand.

Nice about size 6 skinny jeans! Yay.

Calee you are on the home stretch now, well done

Thank you! I knew I'd get through this, but I suspect that in the back of my mind I was really hoping that nothing would off road me. Hoping I can stay compliant for these last days. I'm not really seeing a reason to stop what I'm doing because the calendar says Day 31 on Friday. We'll see.

What I love most about my Kindle is not waiting for a paper book in the mail. Australia Post is sloooow.

I live that too! I share a Kindle account with several other women. Did you know you could do that? When one person purchases a book, several of us can read it. Great $ saving feature!

It's funny bc my husband is always making comments about how "strong" I am in the face of bagels or donuts. I don't feel strong. I sometimes vaguely miss the enjoyment I attach to eating them--in terms of it being a family or group activity, but it isn't a struggle at all to not eat them. They are non-food. I don't sit there fighting myself. I think this is really hard for people to understand.

Nice about size 6 skinny jeans! Yay.

Beets, while I was low carb for decades, I did occasionally have flour products on higher carb days. I didn't start following the 80/20 Primal plan until January 1st this year. I was back east for two weeks and had indulged far too much in flour and sugar. I felt like crap to got on the plane 1/1 committed to Primal. I was still eating flour a few times, maybe 6-7 in the 4 months and an occasional square of dark chocolate.

It was my desire to divorce flour that made Whole30 so attractive to me.

Great that bagels don't call you! Hoping to continue to say that myself.

In response to your kids and traveling from another log, you'll get there. We didn't start our annual family vacations until Zach's was in high school, 20 years ago. Now we wouldn't miss it. Somewhere international once a year, and a smaller vacation together at a film festival. Last year Napa where he had a short film, this year Palm Springs where he premiered a feature length documentary. Such fun to do together!

Wow. I bet your kids are amazing. Feature film! Bravo.

The travel with grown-up kids is seriously going to be a goal of mine, and I am so glad you brought it up. I think travel is so important. I've been petitioning my husband to skip the obligatory Disney trip in favor of something awesome. (Not that we are going anywhere now, but when it comes up.) For the amount of money you have to spend at Disney you can go practically anywhere in the word.

Wow. I bet your kids are amazing. Feature film! Bravo.

The travel with grown-up kids is seriously going to be a goal of mine, and I am so glad you brought it up. I think travel is so important. I've been petitioning my husband to skip the obligatory Disney trip in favor of something awesome. (Not that we are going anywhere now, but when it comes up.) For the amount of money you have to spend at Disney you can go practically anywhere in the word.

I live pretty simply so that I can travel. It's a gret trade off for me and so well worth it. New car..... Provence, Riviera, hike the Great Wall, kayak in Thailand, easton to Buddhist temples in Korea and Japan, rent a boat in Cambodia? It's a no brainer for me. These are the memories that I will cherish forever.

Day 26: really? Already? During my slump I didn't think it would ever end, but I knew I was going through serious busy work inside of me. Now that my energy is back the days are flying by rather effortlessly.

Sitting here sipping Hibiscus Ginger Grapefruit Kombucha. It is OH MY FREAKIN GOODNESS delicious. Yup, that incredibly good! Earlier I tried a Syngery Kombucha, just 6 ounces. I hated hated hated the taste. The label said contains alcohol but who knew that I'd feel drunk afterwards. Giving it to my upstairs neighbor because I can't do that again.

Productive morning. Laundry done. I hate changing sheets but love crawling into crisp clean cotton at night. Kitchen floor washed.

Sunday Morning cooking:

Roasted sweet potatoes

Mixed ground turkey and ground pork for my breakfasts this week

Sautéed mix of red and green cabbage in the porkie pan. So delicious that it may not make it to breakfast tomorrow.

Artichokes in the steamer basket.

Sliced half of a personal size watermelon. I could seriously eat the entire thing quart of pieces and call it a meal. I have to parcel out watermelon or it has no brakes for me. Probably my fav food.

I had turkey necks in th crockpot overnight. Took them out.

Yesterday I was at a friends house. She was striping meat off an organic whole chicken. I asked what she was doing with it. She was going to throw it out so it's in my crockpot.

Now I can shower and go out to play with a girlfriend for the day. Not sure how my bites will shake out, but they will be compliant.

Bites: behind door 2&3....unknown delights to look forward to!

1. Turkey neck, roasted cauliflower, kombucha!

2.Lettuce, carnitas, guacamole at a Mexican restaurant in Napa. Cherries from the farm stand.

3. Lamb chop, cauliflower a few more cherries. They're perfect and right off the tree.

I'm afraid to have kombucha after lunch because of the organic Yerba mate. That's caffeine! Anyone know how much caffeine remains after processing!

I don't think I hydrated enough today. Other than that it was perfect. My hunger seems to be regulating itself. I wonder if the kombucha is having an effect on me.

Tomorrow is a film day because its supposed to rain. My friend said she wants to have buttered popcorn. I'm a little nervous about that but she said she wouldn't if I tell her not to. I'm torn because I have to learn that I'm doing this for me and can't expect the world to revolve around me. I should be able to handle all temptations!

Day 27: it's a holiday, no work today. YAY! Woke up with inflamed hands. Not sure why. A little pressure in my head. Hungry!

Today I'm going to play with making liver pate. I couldn't do it until I got a big potted basil plans last night. Recipe needs fresh basil. It's made with cranberries and duck fat. I've never bought or eaten duck fat before. Whole 30 is opening up new adventures. Duck fat, kombucha.

What fabulous kombucha flavor shall I try? So many yummies to chose from.

Leaving in a moment for a 90 minute walk in the woods. Later a movie. I WILL NOT eat popcorn. Oh golly this has always been a challenge. Hopefully not today. I will take a beverage to sip.

Bites:

1. Turkey neck, cabbage, bone broth

2. Italian sausage, green salad, cherries

3. Pâté, artichoke, cherries

I finished the 10 day AIP on Friday. I'm still off nightshades, eggs, beef and oranges, nuts, seeds, coffee beans and everything W30.

I'm thinking that today I might try a spoon of ghee and so how I react to it. I'm looking forward to testing beef next weekend. I said I would go the 30 without nightshades, beef eggs or oranges and will honor my challenge. I'm actually proud of myself!

Ha, booch virus! It's an epidemic!

Yay, have fun with that pate! Are you halving the recipe or making the full amount? It makes LOTS! I had to freeze a tub. It freezes ok, texture a bit grainier when it defrosts though. I might do half batches going forward as hubby didn't end up helping me at ALL despite saying he liked it.

You've done brilliantly staying off all those things. You should totally be proud of yourself :)

So curious about beef! Had to laugh about the booch virus around the forum. Keep going, you are doing great, Calee ^_^

Thanks Nadia! I appreciate all the support her. How are you doing?

Make sure it's grassfed and organic for testing. I can really tell the difference now, not sure if it's the omega count or what.

Yes and yes. :). I wonder if I will be able to tell the difference.

Ha, booch virus! It's an epidemic!

Yay, have fun with that pate! Are you halving the recipe or making the full amount? It makes LOTS! I had to freeze a tub. It freezes ok, texture a bit grainier when it defrosts though. I might do half batches going forward as hubby didn't end up helping me at ALL despite saying he liked it.

You've done brilliantly staying off all those things. You should totally be proud of yourself :)

I AM very happy so I guess proud by extension. I made a half recipe. Just liver, no heart. I had your pictures open. :)

So the verdict on the pate is.... Not my favorite. Funny because the peron I hiked with this morning said the cranberries sound weird. She ended up liking it more than me. I grew up on traditional chopped liver. Liver, onions, hardboiled eggs, chicken fat, kosher salt. I will keep trying this. Thankfully it's not a big container. I need some celery to stuff. I had fun making it. I haven't used my new cuisinart in the last two years so it finally got used.

Day 27: I haven't felt well all day. I realize that my tired of this morning was that I don't feel well. Kinda cloudy head and tight throat. Low energy. Fell a sleep at the beginning of the movie for a bit. Haven't been able to get warm today. I didn't have my cup of black tea this morning. Have heartburn this afternoon so warmed up a cup of chicken broth as soon as I got home. Will have low key evening and go to bed early tonight.

It feels like winter here. I wore my down jacket this afternoon.

Archived