Calee's Whole Whatever

calee

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no, sounds like you might be getting a bit of a cold? Hope you shake whatever it is off quickly.

Nevermind about the pate, maybe you could try making a plainer one next time? I thought it was fun to make too - so much of the satisfaction comes from the cooking, not just the eating. Well, for some of us. I know there are people out there who hate cooking.

Day28: slept long. 9:30-5:30. Woke several times to p. alarm woke me. I was exhausted last night. Head still cloudy, tight feeling in the back of my throat this morning. Slight headache. I wonder when I will wake up feeling great? I used to, but not for awhile. Can't remember because for a year I drank 8oz of coffee upon awakening. Stopped coffee day 15. Stopped black tea day 27. Drinking jasmine green pearls this morning.

Back to work today. Two people coming in at noon for an afternoon of individualized training. I'd rather work alone when my energy is low. Maybe the walk to work will energize me.

Am I correct in thinking that healing is happening when I'm not feeling optimal? If yes, I will celebrate it.

Bites:

1. Patty of mixed ground turkey and Italian sausage, sautéed cabbage, kombucha

2. Lamb patty, sautéed cabbage, baby carrots, cherries

3. Artichoke, pâté, carrots, watermelon.

I live pretty simply so that I can travel. It's a gret trade off for me and so well worth it. New car..... Provence, Riviera, hike the Great Wall, kayak in Thailand, easton to Buddhist temples in Korea and Japan, rent a boat in Cambodia? It's a no brainer for me. These are the memories that I will cherish forever.

Totally agree. We are pretty strapped now but if we had any extra money I'd spend it on travel for sure. No question!

Not even to leave the country. I think our first trip will be to rent an rV and drive down to see friends in Tennessee, stopping in the mountains on the way. Another dream is to spend Christmas in Yellowstone. Ack. First I need to figure a way to pay for my groceries, but plans are in the works.

And feel better. I have been battling a cold for two weeks now. First started in he back of my throat, and the river of mucus continued for days and days. Now I have a chest cold and a sore throat from coughing.

Bone broth with ginger feels amazing.

And feel better. I have been battling a cold for two weeks now. First started in he back of my throat, and the river of mucus continued for days and days. Now I have a chest cold and a sore throat from coughing.

Bone broth with ginger feels amazing.

I'm so sorry you're sick!! I forgot to bring bone broth to work this morning so drinking hot pomegranate tea. I know ginger is great but it feels irritating to me. I will drink ginger kombucha later this morning.

When my kids (i had three steps along with Zach) were young, I rarely took them to a regular MD. Our family doc was an accupuncturist who was a licenced doc in China. It seemed like her cure for everything was to boil ginger in a chinese pot and feed it to the kids. When they were really sick she gave us a concoction of herbs that stank up the entire house. Try to get that into the mouth of a child. oy vey!

I hope that this won't turn into a cold for me. I don't think I've had one in a decade. My body goes into low drive, makes me feel a little crappy and slumpy while it does it's repair. I got a note from my doc recently saying I hadn't been to see her in over 2 years and to come in for a check-up. I keep up my mamograms and blood work and don't ever really feel the need to go. I update her via email if I need to relay something to her.

Totally agree. We are pretty strapped now but if we had any extra money I'd spend it on travel for sure. No question!

Not even to leave the country. I think our first trip will be to rent an rV and drive down to see friends in Tennessee, stopping in the mountains on the way. Another dream is to spend Christmas in Yellowstone. Ack. First I need to figure a way to pay for my groceries, but plans are in the works.

Hah! I wouldn't take children out of the country until they are old enough to remember the trip and praise you for being such good parents.... for the rest of their lives. :)

Hah! I wouldn't take children out of the country until they are old enough to remember the trip and praise you for being such good parents.... for the rest of their lives.

Great point. And that gives me a few years to set aside some $.

Definitely Beets. Travel is expensive.

Good day. Food was easy. Walked a 5k, visited friends, got a haircut, productive at work. Looking forward to restorative sleep!

Contemplating another W30. Want to wake up feeling radiant. Maybe it's a bit of hand inflammation? Maybe it's just getting older. Hard to say.

Sweet dreams.

Getting a haircut is one of my favourite things. Even if it's just a trim, it always feels like a little it of indulgence.

If you really want to do another Whole 30, I don't see why you shouldn't. Or maybe keep the food compliant but relax the rules slightly (ie dessert if you want it,etc). I was just thinking about my meal plan for the next week so I can put my shopping list together for the grocery shop on Friday. Then I thought "But Friday's the last day!". And then I realised that didn't matter, and I want my food to stay like this anyway.

Hope you slept well!

Hi Calee! I have noticed improved sleep patterns within the last week. I think it may have to do with trying to decrease screen time prior to going to bed. (I read through your posts about your AIP process, and that stuck with me!)

I am going to weigh in Friday ... and then move forward with a minimum of another 15 days. I really think it could turn out to be another Whole30. I have a lot of years of food related issues to heal, and I feel like it will take more than 30 days to get them managed effectively.

Here's to a radiant day!

Day 29: went to sleep at 11. Wake at 12:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, then to the alarm at 5:15. What's up with that? Head feels better. Never got that cold that I fought for two days. I think my hands are always a tad stiff in the morning. My belly is flat. Haven't taken my 1/4 ambien in the last few weeks. That's progress.

PP, I love getting a haircut too! My upstairs friend has her daughter and grand daughter visiting from Boston this week. Daughter cuts hair professionally and did it for me. Lovely treat and it looks good. I too want to continue eating this way! I dont see a reason to stop. Can't wait to see if I've shed a few pounds. Hope so.

Normal day here. Walk to work and back, then meeting a girlfriend at a park for a 90 minute walk in the woods.

Bites:

1. Pork/turkey patty, sautéed cabbage, jasmine green tea, kombucha

2. Green salad, carnitas

3. Artichoke, maybe trout not sure

Food is the easy part for me. I haven't eaten out much to keep it simple. Doing my next Whole 30 will focus more on the Whole9 life concepts.

I love this! So happy I took the challenge.

Hi Calee! I have noticed improved sleep patterns within the last week. I think it may have to do with trying to decrease screen time prior to going to bed. (I read through your posts about your AIP process, and that stuck with me!)

I am going to weigh in Friday ... and then move forward with a minimum of another 15 days. I really think it could turn out to be another Whole30. I have a lot of years of food related issues to heal, and I feel like it will take more than 30 days to get them managed effectively.

Here's to a radiant day!

I'm going to weigh too! Funny, I was just writing about sleep and then saw your post. Before W30 I was taking 1/4 of an Ambien at night. I have taken only a few at the beginning and none for awhile. I think you're right about screen time. I was reading in bed on my iPad and being wide awake. Last weekend I got a new kindle fire. I've set it on sepia tone for at night and fall asleep a few pages into a book. Reading this forum in bed was not conducive to falling asleep.

I'm not feeling the need for off roaring as much as I feel the need for continued healing. Are you going to move your log to the Post Whole 30 forum or if just continue here?

I'm not feeling the need for off roaring as much as I feel the need for continued healing. Are you going to move your log to the Post Whole 30 forum or if just continue here?

I'm not sure what the protocol is ... I am not really all that "forum" savvy! LOL I like to create connections ...I think finding support is more than half the battle with something like this ... but I'm not all that good at figuring out the etiquette. I always feel like I'm the pesky neighborhood kid when I move over to someone's log to post. Should I post? Should I not? Am I bugging them?

Weird, I know.

What do you think? Here, or there?

Calee - Seems like you are doing great so far! 29 days! wow. You are so close to being finished. I too think that i'm going to keep going with this. Mine may end up being a whole100 because I don't want to go back to crap eating (ever) but especially before my wedding in september. It seamlesssly has become just my way of eating and i'm starting to get used to being hassled about it.

Great job!!

Day 30: woke with the birds at 4am. Only five hours sleep. Not enough, but happily sipping a cup of jasmine pearl tea.

I feel like its the last day of Survivor. Walking through my ailments. Saying goodbye to them. So silly but I'm grinning. I will write about it later.

Day 30 of Whole 30. No slips, no cheats. No nightshades, beef, eggs or oranges. I think nuts went the first week.

Day 15 strict AIP. Coffee went on day 1. It wasn't a difficult transition to AIP because I was already eating close to plan. I'm planning another 30 days of AIP. It's been liberating for me.

I will probably move myself to the big girls forum on Post W30. I look forward to visiting my scale tomorrow! I started at 148.6. When I started I really wanted to let go of the five pounds I put on last fall when I took a desk job. When I stopped hiking 30-40 miles a week it took its toll. I've seriously been trying to shed these pounds since last October by restricting calories, carbs etc. my holiday 2 week blow out had me at 152 pounds. So being down anything will be great.

Funny how the eating that I feared might be difficult is so easy now. Bites seem to be the least of this process.

Bites:

1. Pork/turkey sausage patty, sautéed cabbage, kombucha. I forgot to drink it yesterday! Herbal tea and a cup of jasmine tea

2. Lamb patty, green salad, cherries

3. Protein and veggies

Careful to not restrict today in hopes of a good scale number tomorrow. :)

Yay Calee! You've done fantastically. So happy I got to do mine with you :)

Crossing fingers you'll get a number you like. I know we're not supposed to focus on that, but I want the cherry on the top of the cake for you :)

I bought myself "graduation" gifts! I mean really, doesn't finishing a W30 deserve some gifts?

Five Hipline Shimmy Dance Classes - Anytime

A month of unlimited Reformer or TRX classes. - June

I had already purchased a month of unlimited Barre Method classes. - July

The best part is that all three studios are on the same block as my office and walking distance to home.

Oh, and a cute little Gap jean jacket, because I have never had one. I always thought I was too fat to wear one. I have to say it's great with my skinny jeans. :)

So that's how I'm celebrating. Same AIP food, new jacket and best of all fitness classes!! I couldn't be happier.

Yay Calee! You've done fantastically. So happy I got to do mine with you :)

Crossing fingers you'll get a number you like. I know we're not supposed to focus on that, but I want the cherry on the top of the cake for you :)

Thank you!! I too am happy that we got to do this together! I will enjoy reading the benefits that you have gotten in this last month!

I am sorry that you will be moving your log....but, I can see that it is a type of reward for the hard work you have done.

I have enjoyed having you here, and thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Christi, you can read anywhere you like! I have been reading some of the Post W30 logs to get inspiration along the way. You'll get all the same rewards. :)

Archived