Jen's Post W30 Log

pjena

Another clean day.  I ended up going home a bit early, skipping yoga, helping 11yo with his class secretary campaign posters (cutting and gluing is very relaxing!), taking a bath and then going to bed at 9.  It was fabulous!  I'm still tired, though, and am worried I might be coming down with something.  I'm determined to make yoga tonight but will try to go to the 7pm class so I can still get to bed early.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another clean day!  Today's goal - NO CANDY!  Not one bite.  I will remember that one bite is not worth it.  Ever.  It will lead to way too many bites and then I'll feel gross and mad at myself.  I'd prefer to feel good.  I will not eat candy.  Same through the weekend.  Just don't do it.

Not quite enough sleep last night, but hope for yoga and a good night tonight.  Sat night might be late. 

Our plans are to hand out candy while the kids go trick or treating with friends and then to go to that friend's house to hang out by the bonfire.  My plan is to bring a travel mug of tea and skip any beverages and skip any food.  It's not worth letting my guard down around the candy. 

Sunday, we have a family birthday party.  I'm not sure what will be served, but I will do my best and will skip the dessert.

Happy Halloween!

Happy Monday and happy November!  The weekend was mostly good with a little bad. 

Good - Saturday, I ate no candy, drank no wine, had no treats and it was super easy.  I had a nice time hanging out at bonfires chatting with neighbors and friends.  The kids had a great time trick or treating and hanging out with their friends.

Bad - it was easy to skip the treats because I had a stomach ache Saturday afternoon/evening (no idea why).  Kind of sad, but I was actually glad for it so I wasn't tempted by any of the treats.   :unsure:   I didn't even eat dinner Saturday.  I just drank tummy tamer tea.  I still managed to enjoy the evening, though.  And, I felt mostly better yesterday. 

Good - I didn't have wine or take a piece of cake at the birthday party yesterday. 

Bad - I did have a few bites of that cake when 14 yo couldn't finish his and gave it to me.  :unsure:  It was homemade and chocolate and good. :P  Interesting to note that after just a couple bites of cake, I spent the rest of the day trying not to think about all the candy in the house.  It wasn't hard at all before those couple bites, but after, it was very hard.  I toughed it out, though, because I know 100% that if I have one piece, I'll have 20, and that is NOT worth it. 

My goal this week is to string another 5 clean days together (I did 6 last week before those bites of cake!).  My mom is coming to visit this weekend and I'm sure we'll have a glass or two of wine and will probably eat out a couple times so a clean week going into that will be good.  I am going to be diligent about no candy, though, no matter what.

It sounds like you did a great job.  Especially noting that for you, one piece of candy = lots of candy.

I want to pull a good week together as well.  My downfall seemed to be the couple of apple cider beverages I had on Saturday.  But I made it myself and it was really good and not something I will do again until possibly next year.  So context and figuring it out.

Hope your stomach issue is completely resolved now!

Not a clean day.  I had a latte.  :ph34r:  My rationale was that I had a coupon (great one, right? :P  ), that I was a little hungry and that dinner wouldn't be until late.  I'm ok with my treat.  Today and tomorrow will be clean days.

I didn't do very well eating this weekend.  I had wine, sweet potato fries, a cookie, a few bites of a caramel roll and honey roasted peanuts (need those gone!).  So, back on the wagon today and aiming for 5 clean days.  Sigh.  The rest of the weekend was fun.  My mom came to visit and we had a fun girls and 11yo boy weekend. :)  14yo and husband were hunting.  We did some shopping and had lunch with grandma and went out to dinner and made pig shaped sugar cookies (11yo is still obsessed with pigs).  It was fun. 

Good question.  For me, it means not perfect W30 but still pretty darn good.  ;)   For me, clean means 3 template meals based on what I normally eat without fretting over something small like corn in soup or sugar in dressing if I'm out.  It means no desserts, no alcohol, no "treats" like lattes, no unnecessary things like bread or pasta.  I also occasionally eat plain Greek yogurt and I like to put my mom's homemade pepper jelly on my eggs sometimes (I know, I'm weird).  It means calm eating.  I guess I'm being vague because it's not W30 and I try to be sensitive about posting about non W30 food here while calling it good. 

Anyway, yesterday was a clean day + yoga. ;)

However, 11yo was sad last night that we never have family time.  We're running every night.  So, I'll stay home and not go to yoga today and tomorrow.

Archived