30 Days of Awesome

shelley417

Several of us who completed 100 Days in April have decided that its time for a reset. We have been sharing our post-100 successes and challenges. So beginning today, Sunday morning May 26 in the USA, and with start dates through June 3, we are going to support each other to review the challenges we had during these past 2 months, and to use the strict rules of the w30 to learn more about how to eventually ride our bikes forever. Each of us have had challenges. From our post W100 thread I feel that mist of us have been more than successful. But it's scarey out there and so let's use this time to help us understand our bodies even more. And here we go!!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wishing you a very successful 30 days Shelley! I am in! I have started whole30 compliance today (except for white potatoes and occasional <1% sugar bacon) but will use this week to get used to no coffee, nuts or cocoa and to reduce snacking, and start counting my 30 days with Jess from 3rd June....... My goals this time around are to heal my scalp rash again and to eat to be satisfied not full!

Susan-- can you please tell me your mindset that keeps you 98% compliant always.

Shelley let me think about it over my butter tea and eggs and I will come back and give you a thorough answer. :0)

I'm already on day 7 and will continue on through at least August, per doctor's orders! I've been mostly compliant for the last month or two, but it's the eating out that gets me every time. I'm using this as an excuse to either have people over to eat more often or to eat small meals out when necessary. Figure I might as well save some money along the way, right?

Day 1: meal 1: sweet potato and 2 eggs ( I pretty much eat this every day)

Meal 2 : salmon salad, coconut carrot soup, 3 figs and some coconut.

meal 3: This never happens to me but I had no appetite for dinner. Even though i made salmon, roasted coconut sweet potato rounds and lemon garlic string beans for hubby and his visiting daughter. I I just had a teaspoon of coconut manna before bed-- I want to see if fat before bed keeps me asleep through the night.

Hey Shelley, my breakfast lasted me through to 2pm today and I saved some of my dinner for tomorrow.... Strange... Good to know we are still fat adapted hey?

I had m1 chicken broth and leftover meat and veg, m2 chicken casserole, celery soup and a raw carrot, and m3 oh more chicken and salad for dinner. I did have some peaches cooked with an egg and coconut after... That's why I am soft starting.... Will be good on the 3rd I promise!

Day 3: M1 sweet potato and a egg

M2 salad ( with avocado) and chicken soup

M3 salad (with homemade mayo dressing) and chicken sausage with tomato sauce. 1 fig. 1 Tb coconut manna.

Swelling down. Bloating down. I had to check-- 2 lbs lighter. I dont really care about the scale. I just needed to prove it to myself. The whole thing makes sense.

G' Night!

Yay for you, Shelley!

Yeah, I know scales are supposed to be off limits, but I still check. More just to make sure I'm not gaining scads of water weight. Down 3 pounds as of this morning. A friend told me this weekend I looked a lot less bloated. Just another reminder that one bite of something that my body hates = a gazillion pounds of water weight.

Had a cookout tonight with my kickball team. I brought burgers (no bun) w/guac and a salad so I was set and well nourished! Didn't even bat an eye at the beer and Doritos. I got this! :)

Hello!

I was wondering where everyone went!

I am starting tomorrow but am mostly compliant now. I'm hopnig this will be an effortless rebooting 30 days.

My abdomen is either very swollen or I'm really bloated. Maybe from my medical procedure? Not sure but SO ready to be on anti-inflammatory foods and get back into the swing of things.

The good news is that I have been pretty good all the way around exccept for a few off-roadings of epic proportions (stress induced corn chip binge) the other day. Ugh. Story on the other page.

Going to do a shop tomorrow morning and a big cook this weekend.

So much of this is about me setting aside time to nourish me in more ways than just food.

Here we go!

Hugs,

Linda

I think pistachios are out for two reasons: I can't eat less than 1/2 bag in one sitting, and I'm bloated. Enough said.

Had a HUGE eczema flair this weekend/week - hasn't been that bad in a long time. I suspect die-off from the parasite meds I was on. By yesterday, it had all but calmed down again. I'll take it!

ETA: I was on the road yesterday/today for work and I'll admit I wasn't the most prepared. But, I was barely hungry, made compliant choices, and survived no problem!

Hello Awesome 100's. I like that you are all doing this together. I completed my May Whole 30 last night and I'm just rolling into another 30 or 31. I think of it as my WholeWhatever. I've been doing AIP since May 15th. I know I have more healing. My sleep lets me know.

I'd like to drop by here some and join in the festivities and support if thats ok.

Join us officially Calee! You are very welcome. Some of us have started already, a few start today (1st) and Jess and I are counting from 3rd June. Do you have an official start day for 30 (is it today?) or are you just going to add onto to your other 30 and do a 60...

I am doing a part AIP I think with no coffee, cocoa, nuts and coconut. Also having a rest from eggs for a week to see if they were responsible for triggering my scalp problems. Other than the chilli spices, what else needs to be avoided or AIP? Is ghee ok?

Hi, I'm just continuing on from May 1st. I don't need or want a break. I am debating how much more AIP I want to do. I think it's helpful for me.

Eggs and ghee are both off the AIP food plan. My plan was very stripped down. Nightshades are off AIP. No tomatoes, peppers, eggplant or White potatoes. I went off nightshades on day 1. Coffee went on day 15 when I started AIP.

Thank you for the lovely invitation! I look forward to learning from you W100 pros! :)

Good morning, Centurians, and our new friends! Day 1 here. Didn't give up coffee after all. Toyed with the idea, but decided against it. The only things I really added regularly since the W100 were sugar in my coffee and soybean oil in some prepared dressings and mayo. Have not felt as good in May as I had previously. Wondering if it is one of those. Surprisingly, my sugarless coffee tastes just fine. Wonder why I felt I needed it back?

Did my first-of-the-month weigh in. Exactly the same as last month. First time I haven't lost something since we started in January. Guess I got a little further off track than I thought. Maybe the chocolate? Or the coconut milk ice cream? Whatever it was, it's gone for a while. Need to get my tiger blood back and get back in the gym on a regular basis.

Sweet potato hash and eggs for breakfast, as usual. Defrosting some of Shelley's eggplant curry and baking a chicken breast for lunch. Marinating a London broil for dinner and lunches for a few days. Time to organize my kitchen. I've gotten lazy this past month. Just need enough until I can cook-up on Monday.

Getting another senior foster dog on Monday. She was on the euth list for the next morning and had a rescue that would pull her, but no foster to house her. Giant mammary tumors, probably terminal. Terrified in the shelter. No dog deserves to die alone, unloved and frightened in a place like that. Even if all we do is give her a few weeks of 'normal' life, a couple of cheeseburgers, and a dignified end, it is better than what she had coming. Waiting for the vet report.

Hey Karen, did you know pistachios are the worst nuts for bloating... High in fodmaps... Macadamias are supposed to be the best, do you have them where you are? Hope you are on the mend.....

Nope, didn't know that... So many other nuts showed up on my food sensitivity list... Perhaps I need to do this WholeWhatever neutered (no nuts).

Welcome to the newbies!

And Maryann (and Linda), you're such a saint to take in the dogs that need a little loving at the end of their lives. The world needs more people like you.

Archived