Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

Finally I feel like I'm coming out on the other side of this cold.  A week and a half seems long for a cold, but it is what it is.

I did get in a run last night, that felt good.  Tonight is a dentist appointment for my son, lots of running around this week.  Hoping to still get him to karate, but that may be logistically impossible.

Hopefully I have an active, movement filled weekend (including yoga) and treat myself well with food.  We'll see.  Fall is seeming to bring out a "treat yourself" rebellious attitude in me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weight is finally approaching my normal range.  I need to make sure that continues.

Weekend was good.  5 miler on Friday, Yoga and lifting on Saturday, and 8.5 mile run on Sunday.  I plan to get up and get in a 5 miler tomorrow morning.

We got a cold snap last night, temps in the mid 20s, brrrrr!

My parents are gone again for two weeks and my husband is away overnight.  I think I'm prepared to get through it.

And today is our 13th anniversary.  :wub:

Thanks, Jen!

Halfway through my parents being away.  So far so good, other than last week being crazy for schoolwork - 5 tests, a major science project due, and then regular homework.

Spent the weekend in DC for my niece's birthday and my sister's first marathon - the Marine Corps.  She did amazing, I'm so proud of her.  We were able to see her three times on the course, including at the 26 mile marker.  Since her family are vegetarians, my diet tends to be pretty grain heavy while visiting, which is fine since I don't seem to have any intolerances.  Great visit, but back after 8pm last night, so pretty tired and draggy today.  Who ran the marathon?   :P

Should be a pretty normal week, other than a half day for my son on Friday.

Weight is still on the higher end, but still chipping away at it.

So far so good on the normal week, Jen.  But I'm still really tired.  This cold seems to never end.  I was feeling better, but now I'm feeling a bit worse again.  I think my son may have passed it back to me.

I did not get up to run this morning and probably won't this week.  I think I need the rest more than the run.  I'll get in a good run on Friday.

At least the homework seems to be lighter this week than last.

Rainy day here, so I probably won't get my daily walks in.  I'll miss them.

I plan to do weight training tonight after a run to the grocery store.

Had a starving day yesterday, thanks TOM!  I wonder if you actually use more calories during it?  Hopefully today will not be a repeat.

Jen - I've been making it a priority to get out.  I think it actually makes me more productive.

Got my weight workout in last night.  Today is another karate night, so probably not much.  Runs on Friday and Sunday, a weight workout this weekend, and hopefully some hiking with my boys.  My yoga instructors are in the Bahamas, so no studio yoga for me this weekend.

mcjule - We'll see if I can make myself continue when the weather cools down!

Great weekend.  My son had a Halloween party on Friday and then of course, ToT on Saturday.  I stayed out of the candy including the peanut butter cups.  My son had lots of fun.  Sunday we went for a hike on Hawk Mountain.  My son had a great time doing that as well.  We're going to try to get in more hiking, movement as a family.

Made a really yummy shrimp/spaghetti squash dinner last night.  It wasn't too much work, although too much for a weeknight (anything besides straight up grilling is usually too much for me during the week!).

Ran 5 miles on Friday, cleaning and a walk on Saturday, and hiking on Sunday.

Weight is up, I know why.  I know what I need to do to get it back down.  Not looking forward to that.  ;)

I have a shrimp / spag squash recipe I'm going to make this weekend.  I wonder if it's the same one! 

My weight was starting to come down, but is back up this morning, but I know why, too.  Brussels sprouts = bloat.  I still eat them, though.

My recipe was very spicy, which is good for me, because I love spice.

I just keep pretending like I don't know what I need to do, when I know what I need to do.  Too much letting loose on the weekends.  And I've been cutting back on running to try to let my foot heal, not a great combo.

I got up and ran this morning - 5 miles.  Tonight is dinner with a friend at a new Italian place.  Should be yum, but not great for the scale.

Jen - I know.  I just want the healing part to be done and move on to being able to get back in the groove.  I hope your son's foot heals quickly.

Dinner last night was great, very yummy and I always enjoy catching up with a good friend.

Weights on tap for tonight after grocery shopping.

Got the grocery shopping and weights done yesterday.  Karate is early tonight, but with the time change, it will probably be too dark to get a walk in afterwards.

Normal food day.  Weight is down slightly...  We'll see how I do over the weekend.  I'm aiming for a weight session, yoga, a couple of runs, and hopefully hiking with the family.

Great weekend with lots of movement.  Two runs, two weight workouts, a couple hours of hiking, and a couple of hours raking leaves.

Eating was fine.  Not great, not bad.

I found out we are going to the Bahamas in the Spring for a promotion trip from my husband's work.  Let's see if that can get me motivated, as I continue to swing back up a few pounds over my high normal weight.  Time to get that back under control before the holidays come...

• Moderators

A trip to the Bahamas?!?! Hooray for that!

I say just staying steady through the holidays is enough of a challenge. Figuring out how to enjoy favorite indulgences and good company and cheer without regrets and feeling terrible is where it's at.

Walking daily regardless of weather is my number 1 good medicine for all four seasons. There's no bad weather, only bad clothes, one of my favorite outdoorsman friends likes to say, and I've adopted his approach.

Happy anniversary belated! 13 years is quite an achievement!

Yay to the Bahamas!  That sounds amazing.

Weekends are always a struggle for me too.  When I lose the structure of a workday and have food in the kitchen that is easily accessible in addition to extra social events my weight always goes up after a weekend.

Thanks, Ladies!  It should be fun and if it is early spring, I'll really be looking forward to some good weather.

I like that quote about no bad weather, only bad clothes.  It does make it a little more difficult when I'm trying to walk at work, as obviously my clothes are somewhat dependent on that.

Weekends are definitely more of a challenge, less of a routine, more of a celebratory "I'm not working" feel.

But I did better last evening and I'm continuing to make my evenings a work in progress, without getting psycho or obsessing.  I did get out for two walks yesterday, but today doesn't look good with lots of rain.  I did not get up and run this morning.  I am going to try out running tomorrow after work.  No karate and just grocery shopping.  My husband said to give it a try.  I REALLY do not like getting up at 4.  We'll see...

I like that quote about no bad weather, only bad clothes.  It does make it a little more difficult when I'm trying to walk at work, as obviously my clothes are somewhat dependent on that.

And hair - walking at work in way hot weather results in a hot sweaty mess.  The same can happen in rainy or snowy weather.  I miss the gym with showers at my old job.

Jen - Ha!  That's why I do three short walks, instead of one long one, to avoid the sweat!

Still doing better with my evenings and I can see it in my weight.  Just need to stay focused (without obsessing).

Tonight I'm going to try to run and do weights.  I'm not sure how it will go, but it is worth a try.  My husband is supportive, so that's a help.

Archived