May 5th start

Kage

Renee - it sounds as if you have several things going on that are working against you. I am not a doctor but I am old enough to finally realize that many things have a domino/snowball effect. I watched my father work his butt off with very physical labor. He eventually needed back surgery, then shoulder, then elbow, then another back surgery, then a knee replacement. He began to slow and his poor diet finally began to show itself. It began with a "beer gut" which eventually began to throw off his posture which made his back hurt more and restricted his movement. He began to gain more weight which bothered his knees and feet making him more limited. His breathing became difficult, daily functions were diminished, blood pressure and cholesterol shot thru the roof. His doctor prescribed EVERYTHING for him to take on a daily basis. Eventually he reached almost 350 pounds with a 5'7 frame that was never built or designed to carry that weight. He became house bound being cared for by my mother. This was a tremendous blow to a very proud man who raised three men and now he found himself eating more to cope with his depression. This is what I would call "death by a thousand cuts!"

I was fortunate to see all of this happen and could make "course corrections" in my life to try and avoid the same fate.

If I were you, I would ask myself a very serious question: Do I eat poorly? If the answer is yes, I think the first thing I would do is try to correct that. I would try to remove one of the "dominos" that might link to the next one. If my eating were corrected......and some of my weight came off......maybe I would have more energy! Maybe my joints, lungs, feet, back would feel better. I dont know if W30 can correct or neutralize an immune problem, but better eating sure couldn't hurt. I have lost 34 pounds since January and my feet, knees, back feel great. I......"I"......feel great!  My allergies are at bay for the first time in years.

If you need to take meds or eat something doctor prescribed to get better but knock you off the W30 program....do it! It doesn't mean you can't be part of our group and do what YOU can to make a difference in your life and health. You can still eat better, you can still get encouragement, you can still get recipe ideas! I'm glad to see that you still recognized the positives. Sometimes it is very easy to slip into a self pity position and never see anything that is working for the better. Good for you, good luck, and keep with us!

Dave

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave-thank you for your last post.

I have been having a tough time this week but I was afraid to share it because I felt like this thread has turned into a shaming thread. (mostly from the moderators.)

To all the 5/5's keep working at it because you are all amazing.  I haven't been posting but I have been reading. 

I am going to share my set back now in hopes to find guidance and to help others as well:

To be clear my reasons for doing the WHOLE30: my body is out of wack. My immune system is a mess (actual diagnosis/words from a doctor) and I suffer from fibro and environmental allergies.

My goal: to get my hormones and pain on track plus loose some stress weight that I gained from moving to a new state.

The Good:

The first week and a half: I felt AMMMMMAAAAZZZING. my skin was glowing. I lost the intertub of weight around my waist. It was the weirdest feeling. I felt light. My mood was HAPPY. Freaking Happy.

I compliant with food this entire time yet I did struggle with afternoon snacking. I have since increased my lunch meal portion to help with that but i lost my mid-morning snack and my evening snack (which I thought I would never give up)

The Bad:

I have been feeling horrible this whole week. Tired, grumpy and I feel like the intertube was back around my waist. I went to the doctors- where they weighed me and told me the weight! what mind-f*%K. It it messing with me

Anyways i am having immune issues and am all out wack. I have three new issues to deal with and my doctor wants to me take something that is not complaint with Whole30.  I will go on the troubleshooting forum to figure what to do.

The Ugly

I feel defeated even though I haven't done anything yet. I feel a lack of strength to continue bc I am still getting sick.

My parents are visiting and they have brought doughnuts, cookies and chips into the house. I have had to go to so many end of the school year events with non-compliant food YET i haven't eaten any of it but I feel my strength slipping away. 

I didn't mean to have a pity party but this processes has turned tough for me.  I will try to have patience because I want the benefits.

Please know that I am sending you all happy strong thoughts on your journey through this transformation.  Happy Birthday Miki. 

All the best.

Renee

Essentially doctors rule above whole 30 compliance.  If you want to hold off on taking certain meds until after the whole 30?  That's your choice.

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time.  Week 3 can be a bit of a crummy week. Some people report on feeling amazing but I remember on my first whole 30 that I felt exhausted until pretty much day 21 or 22. Didn't start sleeping better until Day 25 so yeah I hear you.

Just a thought here - are you consuming nuts?  If you are, they may be contributing to the bloating/innertube feeling.  So go easy on them.  A lot of people have problems with nuts.  (I am one of them)

For me personally I have had a long wrangle with my hormones to get them under control.  Hormones, much like immunity, take some time to heal - so try to remain patient with yourself.  I know it's hard to feel this now, but you are doing a good thing to help yourself.  I used to get colds at the change of every season (sometimes more often than that) I haven't had a full blown/feeling super crappy cold in over a year.

Renee, Sorry it has been rough. Do what is right for you! If the doctor needs you to do something non-compliant with the program don't feel bad if you have to stop your whole30 for now and try again another time. I'm sure it happens! Do you keep a food log? Perhaps there is something you ate later in the week that you didn't eat, or eat as much of, during the days you felt awesome? I know if I have a reaction to something I eat the side effects can last about 3 days and my allergist says that is a norm. Perhaps you are eating something you have and undiagnosed allergy to?

This is such a great learning process. I love what we have all been able to accomplish so far in our journey and I love that we have been able to learn from each other!

@Dave- Thanks for that reply to the moderator! I was feeling a bit put off too!

Dave and Renee - 

Please know that we as moderators do value your feedback and want you all to feel safe and comfortable posting here.  

Dave - I'm considering your point that my post should have been a private message. And I don't mean that glibly. There has been a lot of moderator presence here lately, and perhaps we should just let you all be.  While I agree that the point could have been effectively communicated that way, let me share my perspective for making it a public post:

1. This group thread goes far beyond the regular posters. It's there on the internet for all to see. Every word you say here is available for public keyword search, examination  and consumption. (Seriously.) And their application of the words said here will go far beyond the context of the conversations. As are the words we share as moderators. So, given the broad reach of these conversations we, as moderators, like to clearly point out the details of the program for those who are invested in the outcome and those who are just passing through.

2. We look at this thread (and all the starting group threads) as a microcosm of Whole30 in the real world.  The way you interact with each other is similar to the way Whole30ers interact with each other all over the world.  This thread is encouraging, uplifting, supportive - all good things - but not quick to point out the mistakes and finer points that can mean the difference between a successful Whole30 and a flop.  I mean, let's be honest, how many of you would have called each other on your mistakes - intentional and not - and suggested a restart?  My guess, by reading the tone of these posts, is very few of you. When we come across conversations like this one that focus on the good and "do better next time" the bad, we find that the integrity of the program (and the quality of change it produces in folks participating) diminishes.  Everyone deserves the best results the program can offer. That's where our jobs as moderators become important. Encouragement is a wonderful thing, but at times it gets in the way of true progress. That's not what we want for anyone here, and we're comfortable making the hard calls and sometimes being the bad guy.

3. Sometimes, tough love is the kickstart we need to push off in the right direction.  Notice, I didn't call names, I didn't suggest that Monica's Whole30 was invalid, I didn't even say she was doing things wrong.  But I feel like it's important for her, and others who read this, to know that we care enough to say the things that (sometimes) piss others off.  Maybe, just maybe, she'll get mad enough at me to prove that she's in this for the right reasons. 

Monica - I'm going to take that post down now. Not because I regret what I said, but because I feel like there's been enough input and because you seem to be ready to fight for this. Please accept my apologies for any hurt feelings - know that wasn't my intention. But also know that you will get out of this everything you put into it. Please let us help you fight to turn this around and change things for the better. 

Robin - I am extremely encouraged by your response. I am all for tough love, but sometimes tough love is not an approach that will work with everyone. This goes the same for people who enjoy being miserable no matter what you do to help them. Your comment: "how many of you would have called each other on your mistakes - intentional and not - and suggested a restart" is a valid point. I, and probably others, who do not have a complete grasp of the rules would be hesitant to suggest a restart if we don't truly know what constitutes a restart. No one wants to stop someones progress after a couple weeks of trying something new only to find out that they were wrong to suggest a restart. I have been happy with several of the inputs by the moderator team but felt a couple had become personal, which is still possible even though names weren't called. You have a job to do and I can respect that, but my response was only to say that I believe some comments can do more good in private. Thank you for responding to my comments in the fashion you did. I look forward to continued Moderator inputs and "course corrections" to steer all of us to a successful program finish.

Dave

Ok, so here goes.

What brought me here?  

I was stressed.  I started watching a little boy from my home and already have a high needs toddler and I wasn't getting enough sleep and he needed to be held all day or he screamed.  He screamed so much.  I was stressed.  I was eating crap, drinking more than I should, and I could tell I was at the end of my rope.  I gained 10 pounds watching him and I'm willing to say stress hormones had a ton to do with it.

My husband has high blood pressure and cholesterol, even though he's a young (ish) bean pole.  I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and don't want to get full blown diabetes.  I'm fat.  I needed......something new.  My husband doesn't diet.  (skinny beanpole)  He eats cookies and candy at work like they are going out of style.  I however have done TONS of diets.  In fact I start a new one every week.  But it's usually like, hey I should eat good.  And then I don't.  I wanted something strict.  Something that would shock me into a new way of life.  I wasn't quite sure that paleo was for me, cause honestly, most paleo people I know are kinda annoying and cultish (no offense to anyone here, it's not directed at you).  But I had heard a few people talk about Whole30s and I thought it sounded good.  It would help find what was causing my husbands high bp, since we ate kinda sorta ish healthy.  By many peoples standards.  And it would cause us to get back on track with eating whole, clean foods.  Something I always strive for.  (I just get confused, because lots of people have different ideas of whole, clean foods).

So, we saw the Whole30, my husband read all about it and immediately was on board.  Which, was kinda shocking.  We planned it for May 5th, because we had a lot going on before that and that was the first available date.

Mostly, it's been great.  I will say that yes, I do feel isolated.  Even if I go out with friends, I feel isolated.  I was asked out to dinner, I really didn't feel like paying 15 bucks for a meal that was probably in some way non compliant, when I could stay home and feed my whole family for that much.  (Now, I would gladly go out before the Whole 30 and treat myself with chips and salsa and a beer and some cheese enchiladas, that would somehow seem more worth it).  This weekend we are going to a crawfish boil.  Everyone will be eating craw fish and drinking beer.  I can have kombucha in a fancy glass.  And explain, over and over again why I can't eat anything.  And what exactly I can eat on this diet. (I'm allergic to craw fish).  So, although, no I dont' have to sit in my house, it still makes me feel isolated.  I went to a training and they had sandwiches, and didn't understand why I wasn't having one (actually it did start a conversation with one woman who was already looking into the Whole30 and I told her it was awesome).  Anyway, I had to explain over and over again why I was only eating broccoli and carrots.

I didn't come here to start trouble.  I really didn't think weighing myself was going to cause that much trouble.  It's hard on the internet.  there is no tone, it's hard to read people.  Honestly, yesterday I did think about just quitting the diet.  I thought, well, heck, whats the use?  I ate all those stupid sweet potatoes for nothing.  cause I stepped on a scale.  That seemed nitpicky.  And my skin isn't too thick.  I was already feeling tired and emotional.  I can't stress eat.  I can't have a glass of wine (and yes, this is good, I'm seeing what I typically use food for and I know that its a good thing to recognize).  And I felt a bit bullied and instead of finding commuinty I felt like I was being kicked out of the cool kids group.

I'm better today.  Mostly.

AuburngalNC  

I've been making bone broth for over two years.  It's awesome.  You can make a big batch and freeze it.  Great in soups and stews and sauces or cooking veggies.  I hear you can drink it straight.  That sounds gross to me.  It's great for your gut and has lots of good properties.

Wow. I would like to give kudos to EVERYONE for all the honesty and laying themselves bare. 

This is hard. And it brings up layers and layers of emotional "stuff" that we may or may not be ready or want to deal with. 

Dave - thank you for calling a time out. No one should feel shamed here, the purpose of the group is to support without judgement, while sure, offering opinion and suggestion. 

Moderator - I agree with Dave that you do have a valid point that we might not push the reset button for each other or ourselves and sometimes it IS good to have an outside party to remind us where the baseline is supposed to be. Credit to you for considering the possibility that your post was too much and taking it down. None of us like getting slapped on the wrist when we feel like we're trudging through the muck, even though we KNOW we screwed up. Its very hard to find that balance I know. 

Monicav everything happens for a reason and we've all learned a huge amount from your post. 

Renee - I am sorry you're having a rough time. One thing to consider is that everybody's body chemistry is different and will react differently to different ways of eating. Nothing is a cure-all for every single person in the world and its only by trial and error that we figure out what works for us. I know someone who completely cured his fibro by going raw vegan. That's what worked for him. I know how disheartening it feels when you're like, I'm doing all this hard work and I'M STILL SICK/FAT/LOSING MY HAIR/INSERT AILMENT HERE. I think we have to think of our health as a process, especially when we're coming up from under and you know, Rome just wasn't built in a day. 

I think this is a great group and I'm proud to be among such feisty, honest, strong, hard working, lay it all out there folks. 

Onward and upward guys and thanks to everyone for really bringing it. 

Renee hang in there what ever you do! its all a learning curve, I agree with Deb, everything happens for a reason. 

Monicav I hope you stick with it. I have ups and downs in how I feel but overall I feel better. I thought I was eating fairly well too but I feel there was definitely room for improvement. My joints are feeling soooo much smoother, like they have been greased. My nose is still runny and that is frustrating but I read that sometimes it takes as long as 6 months to find out what you may have intolerances too. Good news~ they can be reversed. I wish I could believe that I am losing weight, I can't tell. I am still wearing the same clothes they just fit better. I read about people wearing pants in a smaller size and I feel like why not me?? I guess I have to remember everyone is different and things hit at different times.  I hope it will come. I hear and feel your anger and frustration. I am here with you and support you, sounds like you have lots on your plate!

AuburngalNC, I always make stock from my chicken but not beef I have been wanting to give it go too! glad your dad is better~less stress. 

Happy Birthday Miki, Disneyland the happiest place on earth!! 

Thank you all for being present and caring so much.  :wub:

Everyone here needs to give themselves a pat on the back!

We all came here for different reasons and we are seeing some type of results.

Before I even started this program, I read the part of this being hard..... And then it said this is not hard, cancer is hard, child birth is hard.

Take pride in the victories even if they are small or fleeting!

Even though results are varing ( I am not feeling like I need new pants either, same old ones fit just fine), I am feeling a lot better so to me that is a small victory! It might take me a little longer to buy those new pants. And I did have more energy the first week, maybe plateau'd a little the next but feeling fine again.

One thing that I am not doing is putting myself in difficult situations especially if I think I will be stressed after all it really is only for 30 days, some of you may not have a choice to go to events. I tried to do the Whole30, when I could do it mostly from home. I do go to meetings and they do have unhealthy choices but I am not really hungry in them so I do not want anything. But sometimes my mind wanders and says maybe a little bite.

I have felt like quitting also but this is not hard if we do not make it hard. KISS, keep it simple sweetly!

I understand the moderators, they do a great job to keep us informed. Maybe we feel like it is a little harsh at times but yet again, I try not to take to much to heart. Hey, it is their opinion. When they do comment, it helps me to make sure that I am following the 'rules'.

ALL OF US CAN DO IT, even if some of us have to do a restart because honestly.... We are worth it!

Hey everyone, I missed all the action but am happy to read how everything has resolved. 

I did great eating larger meals and didn't do any snacking today, but it sure helps to be out of the house all day.

I didn't need to buy new, smaller pants but I did anyways.  ;)

The truth is I caught a pair of jeans on a barbed wire fence when I was chasing a chicken so I really did need a new pair.

I can tell I'm getting smaller but it seems I find new things about my body to be unhappy with. I really need to work on my body image and be thankful and grateful for a body that does so many things well and the luxury of being able to spend time and money on making healthy food.

If anyone is having similar body issues, I really enjoyed this blog post today:
http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/

and this one, as well: 

http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2014/05/encouragement.html

I spent the day with my paleo brother and sister in law and it so felt nice to talk to people who understand why I'm choosing to eat this way- instead of my (sweet) dad who asked, "Why are you doing this?" As concerned dads do. 

Happy Birthday Miki! 

5/5's,

We are a good group and I am grateful for each and everyone of you. For your honesty, acceptance and willingness to grow and learn.

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes, it was a truly magical day.

Dave - we parked on level "Minnie", I had to laugh (kids didn't get it, but that's okay) I wish I could post a picture. We rode a lot of rides and walked all day.

At the end of the day, I want to be lighter and healthier so I can keep enjoying wonderful days like today!

Looking forward to another day with our group.

Miki

I forget who posted about Disneyworld, but I really want to go there!

@Miki- So glad you have a fabulous birthday! I love the attitude you had and that you realized making great memories with you family trumps the food aspect. You have proved to everyone here that you can eat out and you can go out and do things if you plan properly and still be compliant!

Everyone- Thanks for your input on bone broth. I roasted a chicken earlier this week and have been eating it for lunch. I'm going to use the bones to make bone broth tonight. I'm seem to be very excited about something with a name that is so off putting! LOL

@bluegrass_mama- a friend of mine on facebook posted a link to the blog that you shared and I have to admit that I have re-read it every day since.

Everyone- If you haven't read this yet, please do! It is amazing! http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/

Lots of action on here lately...  which is good.  I learn so much every time I read other's input.

Yesterday was the Rockies baseball game.  I did take compliant food with me -- I made lettuce wraps with veggies and beef in them.  Pics at the end...  I ate an extra Larabar though.  And boy I felt WAY bloated later.  The reason for the extra Larabar w/o fat and protein to accompany it?  Two different rain delays that extended the game; which was eventually postponed anyway!  You never know at a baseball game.  Very proud of myself for not caving in to a funnel cake -- and to my husband for not eating on in front of me.  

He's very supportive (mostly except for eating oreos in front of me at home)..... but I read an earlier post about someone having a "beanpole" husband that eats candy and cookies all the time.  Yes -- I have THAT husband too.  It can be frustrating, at times, to see him eat crap all the time and not gain weight!  On the other hand, I suspect he has allergies (running/stuffy nose A LOT) and he is overly dependent on coffee to get going each day.  And he can't sleep at night -- which by the way is affecting my sleep.  There is a piece I feel I am missing out on and short-changing my Whole30 -- getting enough sleep.  But I am sleeping better; he's not and it wakes me up.  I have always been a light sleeper and someone moving around in the bed does tend to wake me up.  Maybe we need Ricky and Lucy twin beds!!!   :P  I think he would really benefit from doing a Whole30 himself; but he is not convinced yet that he needs to.  And he's afraid of all of the veggies.  He doesn't "like" so many of them.......  

Anyway, I survived the baseball outing and remained compliant.  WHOO HOOO!  Next up; high school graduation open house for my daughter on 5/30......  At least I am in control of the food we have.  I did order a cake though.  wish me luck!  I will not cave in .....   

Jamie

Hi all,

I apologize for my pity party.  I was typing while being emotional.(I was even typing horribly, so hope you could understand what I was trying to say) Thank you for reading the post and for your responses. They helped me to stop and breathe.

Don't worry- I won't go against my doctor's advice to stay on Whole30 but the good news is that I found a compliant version.  ALL GOOD. and Still compliant on whole30 and doctor approved.

I failed to mention that the medical issues I am dealing with this week are new to me. I am just so bummed.  But they are treatable so i am taking this one day at time.

Since I started WHOLE30 my fibro pain is diminishing. I haven't taken pain meds since I started. SO THAT IS a HUGE Win.

I was just hoping my immune system would get on board.  I know this takes time but I still keep looking for the magic bullet.

6 months after my second child was born my immune and adrenals took a dump. He was a sick child so I had a lot of stress. He is almost 4 years old and healthy now but my body still thinks we are in fight or flight mode.  I ate very healthy prior to WHOLE30 and was not overweight but I did eat dairy, grains, legumes and those dark chocolate covered almonds. I was hoping for a fast fix. (as fast as 3 years can go).  I will be patient. I just get tired of being sick all the time.

thank you to the moderator Carlaccini- your post really helped me remember to be patient. I will watch out for almonds as well.

ok enough about me.

Dave- I am so sorry that you had to watch your dad go through a decline in his health. It must have been heartbreaking. Congrats on your self-improvement. Thank you for always providing great support to this group with a slice of humor on the side.

Bone Broth- i have been making chicken bone broth for about 5 years but the beef bone broth is new to me. Has anyone made broth with beef bones? I am going to have to try it.

Deb C- thanks for the info about your friend who went raw vegan.  Yes Rome wasn't built in a day...

Jamie- I think we live in the same area. That was so crazy about the two game delays. Congrats to you daughter and to you for staying strong at the ball park. 

Onwards and upwards everyone.  Thanks for your help.  Here's to a great day.

Renee

Renee, reading your post gives me inspiration! Hang in there. I look for the silver linings, they are always there sometimes just harder to see. Immune systems are tricky. Today I woke up with the least runny nose I've had in a very long time. I have decided to lock out nuts and cocoa. Last night I was really jonesin for my nuts and had a nice little argument with myself about if I give up nuts its one more thing on a very long list. Is there going to be anything left for me to eat?? Then again I asked myself how long are you willing to live with a stuffy runny nose and stiff joints. There was the line. NO MORE. I am so glad I woke up feeling clearer. It's not all for nothing. 

Best to all , it's all good!!!

Hi Everyone,

I do not have any medical issues like some of you are mentioning. But my heart does go out to you.

I think that my grasp of what the concept here is ..... do not let food control, do not let the scale control .... etc

That little contraption called the scale plays with our minds, you feel good when you lose a pound or two and feel horrible when you gain it. And that is not what they want this to be, they want you to focus on you.... not the scale, not the sugar, etc..... that is why it is a 30 day plan.....

The media and companies have jumped on weight, weight, weight and it has become a billion dollar business and although our minds tell us one thing our hearts tell us another...... we need to focus on health and not weight, if your doctor tells you need to lose weight for health reasons, then you need to lose weight...... not all of us are going to fit into a size 2, do men even have size 2?

I loved the link to the woman who lost all that weight and was very physically strong but still at times had issues with her body image (thank you for sharing). That in itself was very powerful and kudos to her for realizing how much she has already accomplished!

Just remember Marylyn Munroe (sorry Dave) was not a size 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 ...... I have heard a 12 or 14.... and she is still regarded as one of the all time sex symbols!

No worries to anyone for coming on here when you are feeling out of whack, emotional, happy, crazy...... I think that we started this journey together lets finish it together!

Here are pictures of my lettuce wraps --

Basically I took lots of veggies and chopped them small, added a hard boiled egg and some roast beef.  Then I put in a tablespoon or two of paleo mayo and mixed it up.  I then spread a little guac on the lettuce leaf, spooned the veggie mix and and rolled it up.  They were a tad messy when I ate them at the ball park -- but they were good.  Had about 4 of them I think, and they were pretty filling.  YUM!

http://instagram.com/p/oWgY1mPOHp/

http://instagram.com/p/oWgeahvOH0/

Hopefully the pictures post.... they are links to my instagram....

Jamie

@bluegrass_mama, @AuburngalINC thank you so much for posting that blog post. Its amazing!!! What a great story. Super inspiring. 

Miki, so glad you had a good birthday and fun time in the Mouse House. 

And now I'd like to give a shout out to buffalo/bison! Has anyone else been eating this? Whole Foods sells grass fed bison and boy, it is absolutely delicious. I just had seared bison rib eye with compliant pesto, and a butter lettuce salad with tahini dressing. Best. Lunch. Ever. 

I put on my tightest jeans last night and yes, I do believe they are looser around the waist. Just a little. But I think they are. Very cool. 

Happy Friday everyone! 

Donna, Deb, Renee, Marita, Jamie, Dave and all 5/5s,

Well, each day I improve my arsenal for what (as I understand better now) will be my first Real Whole 30 experience in June.

I'm finishing this one with you so I can continue to learn and grow. There were so many surprises for me. Like I really needed a good blender. I really need to peruse the recipes and have the mayo and the Dressings ready. I bought two new containers for my bone broth and will freeze one after I make a big pot.

I have an issue that I would like input on. Please understand I will have to do what I believe I can honestly do, as I do not want to have another unsuccessful W30. I do have diagnosed autoimmune issues, my curiosity is if I should do a regular whole 30, break and follow it with an autoimmune whole 30 to see if there is a difference? Or, do I need to do just do the AW30 right off from the start. A world without hotsauce and eggs sounds so sad...but a world with pain and feel 100 and age 54 is worse, I suppose (ppp - aka, personal pity party).

I thank all of you for your honesty. For some of us who add "food issues" to the mix this can be a real challenge.  The no snacking is HORRIFIC for me, clearly because it is a coping mechanism I have probably employed successfully since I gave up smoking about 15 years ago. That was probably the biggest boon to my health in years and I know that getting on board and doing a true and honest W30 where I can truly "heal the gut" and allow it to function normally and train my mind that I don't need a scale to tell me whether I'm eating appropriately any more than I need a shock collar to tell me if I'm being unkind. I'm an adult and I can tell how my clothes feel and what my stomach looks like. Journaling my emotions helps.

I need to find some replacements for snacking, my scale, things that crunch....although the crispy parts of roasted brocolli leaves or Brussels Sprouts are pretty intoxicating.

I bought almond butter again. I'm going to reread W30 again. I'm thinking that even at meals, that might be an "at risk" food for me.

Okay, I'll give you guys a break...Stay with it...I'll let you know how my bone broth and stinky soup turn out!

Make it a safe and W30 weekend.

miki

Archived