Dirty 30 "Best Group on W30"

dcducks1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DEB - YOU ARE FAMOUS!!!!

On the Whole 30 website, they posted your picture and IOD forum and gave you credit!!

The feedback was overwhelmingly positive! I'm so proud to be a Dirty 30!!!

They did?!??!!?  They obviously don't know I'm the one who yells at them on Twitter about the forums being down  :unsure::D  :P

I gotta go look! 

That is awesome, Deb!  The Dirty 30 rules the world!!!!

MeadowLily, I love the photos - especially the one with all the sagebrush!  I can practically smell it.  It reminds me of home in Idaho.

Dave:  glad you're having fun!  You and your cousin do sure look like brothers.  Where's naked Joe?

Trying to catch up here after my moment of fame  :D

Dave, you look SO like your cousin!!! Now, is HE single, can Miki and I somehow get into the family? 

Rose - I loved your posts and am left obsessing on the deliciousness of what you cooked. You had me at condensed milk. If it has condensed milk and golden syrup in it, I can eat the whole thing at one sitting, no joke. I actually once ate a whole tray of Chocolate Peppermint Slice although now I think about it that has neither ingredient but you get the point :)  (Cara, recipe from the Australian Women's Weekly Cookbook!) on the subway from Queens to Brooklyn. #noshame

Laurie I agree with all, you have enough on your plate right now and I feel intuitively that you will be fine weight-wise (but definitely understand your concerns). I also agree with Rose that different ways of eating suit different people - and there ARE many - raw vegan, macrobiotic, Ayurvedic - everyone's chemistry is so different, there is definitely no one right way. I recently happened on a great blog where the gal completely cured her Crohn's disease with a macrobiotic diet. Rose is also right in saying that Drs don't test deep enough - I recently got a blood panel requested by my nutritionist - stuff that my GP had never ordered (although he kindly did the tests at his office). It was interesting to see what she red flagged and he didn't. I think its always worth a second opinion from a really good holistic/functional medicine practitioner, even if its just about supplements that can support needed Western meds. 

Miks, they ordered Farm Table for us again tonight, once again it was good! Lamb shank, very tasty. 

Roseann, like Miki I think you are superwoman. That is all. 

Rick, SERIOUS congrats on the weight loss and the training gains. 

CC, I love it! All the kids I am working with right now are super into it as well which is so funny. It takes about 6 weeks to shoot. Days off are few and far between! But do exist!  

Meadow, love all the gorgeous pics. 

Cara, are there no hunky rangers on the island that may have been secretly pining for you?  ;)

To all who work out: I salute you. 

Good morning friends,

Going to have to make this quick because I have foolishly promised a friend that I would proof and edit his master's thesis (on human resource management...this may not be entirely in my field of interest, so the issue is keeping the attention from straying while reading 60 pages and catching errors). I also have a crazy deadline of this evening to get it all done in and the kiddos just love to get under my fingers when they are on the keyboard. What kind of a nut job am I? Sometimes I take a step outside myself and stand there, shaking my head at the idiocy.

May have to forgo my workout today too...we'll see how quickly progress is made. Started a new program yesterday that is mostly cardio and I had to stop at the 36 minute mark in an attempt at returning my face to a quasi-human hue. Pushed through and finished though and I feel fine today, so I must be fitter than I thought I was. Always a nice surprise. 

I still think the Korean spa sounds awesome, but then I do like a little rough sapphic attention every now and then.

Dave, too weird how much you and your cousin resemble each other. Do you guys play tricks on gullible strangers? I don't know why I asked, if you don't already do that then the mere suggestion will be enough to get your mischievous thoughts flowing.

I think we can all agree that Rosann is some kind of legend, raising nine kids without killing even one of them. A better girl than I, 3 is so my limit. Irish people have a propensity for asking nosy questions about your future plans for family expansion and I always say "bite your damn tongue, I need another baby like I need to be eaten by wolves". I notice that nobody ever asks the other half this impertinent question though. What gives?

Now I'm just dallying to avoid work, so I better shake a tail feather. Groan.

I get teenagers. I really do. Oh, and Mix, fear is your son's friend. Fear of you, fear of the road. All good things. How old is he, 16? My daughter will not be learning to drive until she is 18 or so, kids over here don't get cars and driving privileges easily. Insurance for young people is unbelievably expensive (way over a grand a year, sometimes over 2000 depending on the value of the car), and since she can't get it together to look for a job by applying to more than 3 places, she can't afford it. I am not the bank of Mom. Well, I totally am the bank of Mom, but this bank is in foreclosure and cannot be handing out loans to high risk madams.

Love to all and keep it rollin'. We are justly becoming famous in the w30 sphere.

Good Morning Folks,

So much good input and so little time, as usual. I set my alarm for 4:30 to go to the gym, unfortunately reset alarm. Once I start getting in the habit, I'll be fine, so we'll try again tomorrow.

CC I want to know what the plank challenge is too. We haven't had any challenges since Dave and Deb it would be nice to have something we're all trying to do. It's so important to find like minded people. I'm going to try and find a meetup who is trying to lose weight. I wonder if they have a Whole30 meetup.

Rose:  Kevin is 17 (18 in Nov.) and community college will be a freeway drive, so he needs to learn to drive, get a license, practice around town, practice on the freeway and be able to get himself to school by next August...no small task. He could have gotten a license at 16, but just didn't want to...he still doesn't want to...WHAT IS UP WITH THAT. I had a friend take me to the DMV the day I turned 16 and so did my eldest, just a different soul, I guess. I keep telling myself it will all turn out the way it is supposed to...right?

Deb C...our STAR. I think your idea for all the different foods really help all of us a lot. Even if we didn't always follow through on time we were looking for the stuff and exploring new things to impress our dirty daring food coach (I still have frozen leeks in the freezer...but still thinking about it, not sure what I'm afraid of). I'm out of food again and the boss is in town again for a week, so time will have to tell.

Rick, you and CC are doing so great. I honestly just thought the other day...I should throw out the flower & sugar but son still uses sugar in his coffee (but he would use agave). Then I thought, will I really not make oatmeal cookies for his birthday or macaroons for Kevs. I guess I'm just not there yet, but so impressed that you are. Really, would the world come to an end if I didn't make peanut butter fudge for my 85 year old dad? Working on this.

Deb, I was wondering if the cousin was single too, great minds, lol.

Higs - How's life going in the wilds of Oregon? How's the boys head? How are the darling goats?

Laurie, sending strength vibes and knowing that you are getting the perfect amount of nutrition for your body to help you through the stressful time. I picture the scenery on the other side of surgery to look like Meadow's posts.

Dave, I'm not quite sure where naked Joe was or why you and your cousin had clothes on, but whatever. I'm trying to get up the nerve to book a vacation in Cabo next month...all I have to do is push the button, right?

okay, hitting the showers...love to all - Plank Challenge CC&R...your our Dirty Thirty Devil (oops) make that DarlingTrainers.

Deb, maybe I can talk the boss into the restaurant tonight or tomorrow night, I'll let you know.

m

Miki, I didn't get my license in the U.S. until I was 22, and I still don't have my full Irish license. Late bloomers of the world unite! Finished the dissertation, slammed the workout, lunched the babies, visited a friend, grocery shopping outta the way and next to dinner for tonight. Phew. Need more hours in the day, somebody arrange that for me, won't ya?

Rose

I was one of the early drivers.  I got my license at 14 (farm state) in a 1974 VW bus (and I still prefer a stick shift).  I love to drive.  My dad used to let us practice on the backroads when we were kids, and when we were really little, he'd let us take turns sitting on his lap and steering while he did the pedals.  My big brother was a late bloomer with no interest in driving, so my sister and I finally taught him when he needed to start driving for work.  He was a terrible driver for years.  Now in LA, though, he seems to have figured it out at last.

Miki, book your trip to Cabo!  I absolutely love traveling alone - you will meet so many people.  I traveled in India and Nepal by myself for 6 months when I was 23, and I met so many awesome people.  If you can do online dating (the idea of which I find terrifying!), traveling alone will be a piece of cake.  And September in Baja has some spectacular fishing if you're into that kind of thing (good way to meet some dudes and bring home a freezer full of tuna and dorado!).

Things are good on the farm.  My two girl goats seem to have adjusted and it's fun watching them re-establish dominance now that the big boy is out of the picture.  All is quieting down around here without the ducks - I forgot how loud they were, and their incessant chatter (quack, quack, quack) is noticeably missing.  Only the garden is noisy with zucchinis exploding (not literally).  I had my zoodles last night with some garlicky nettle pesto, and feel sorry for anyone that gets to talk to me at work today with my dragon breath.  Tasty though.

Yes I too need a fitness challenge!  I make all kinds of plans for it in my head, and have trouble with the follow through.  I need daily yoga, planks, and PT exercises for my hips.  I am doing none of those things currently.

Early work day today so signing off.  

"My dad used to let us practice on the backroads when we were kids, and when we were really little, he'd let us take turns sitting on his lap and steering while he did the pedals."    Love it.

When Daddy Let Me Drive....Alan Jackson

Just an old 1/2 ton, short-bed Ford
My uncle bought new, in '64
Daddy got it right
Cause the engine was smokin'
Couple of burnt valves and he had it goin'
He'd let me drive her when we'd haul off a load
Down a dirt strip, where we'd dump trash
Off of Thickpin Road

I would sit on the seat 
And stretch my feet out to the pedals
Smiling like a hero that just received his medal
It was just an old hand-me-down ford 
With 3 speed on the column 
And a dent in the door

A young boy, 2 hands on the wheel
I can't replace the way it, made me feel
And I would press that clutch and I'd keep it right
He'd say a lil' slower son you're doin' just fine
Just a dirt road with trash on each side
But I was Mario Andretti
When daddy let me drive

Im grown up now 3 daughters of my own
I let 'em drive my old jeep 
Cross the pasture at our home
Maybe one day they'll reach back in their file
And pull out that old memory
And think of me and smile, and say
It's just an old worn out jeep
With rusty ole floor boards
Hot on my feet
A young girl, two hands on the wheel
I can't replace the way it, made me feel
And he'd say, turn it left now, and steer it right
Straighten up girl now, you're doin' just fine
Just a lil' valley by the river where we'd ride
But I was high on a mountain, when daddy let me drive
Daddy let me drive
Oh he let me drive

Ugh, I just ate some really sugary cake at my boss's anniversary party. I feel gross. It wasn't good at all (although it was beautiful). Lots of oohing and aah-ing from party goers but sweet apparently isn't my thing anymore.

I'm not able to read up yet today, I don't want to rush it. I like to let the posts wash over me after dinner and respond then.

HOWEVER, we just went out to a BBQ joint (which I was worried about) and had the most fabulous NAKED PULLED PORK and collard greens with ham. I think that is my new favorite dining out spot. I had never eaten a collard green before and I have to say it was quite tasty.

I was so excited I couldn't wait to share  :D

6:21am and the alarm will be going off in a few minutes so just a quick good morning.

So glad to see your star status acknowledged Deb, you are amazing.

And Miki, push the button. Solo travel is awsome. I will dig up a couple of shots of my 1st trips away alone when I get a chance :D.

Will try and get back for proper personals latter!

Archived