Dirty 30 "Best Group on W30"

dcducks1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just polished off more watermelon.  Definitely need to break up with watermelon.  It is no good for me - just like ED (eating disorder).  Ok, no more watermelon.  Watermelon is making me unhappy because I have no control, and I do not like being out of control!

Meadow how do you get photos to appear in your posts as opposed to being thumbnails? 

I have no idea...my computer has older programs.  It's not the latest, greatest.  It just works.

I don't even know where to post a question on here.   Dave probably knows the tech-ity details.

I have no idea...my computer has older programs.  It's not the latest, greatest.  It just works.

I don't even know where to post a question on here.   Dave probably knows the tech-ity details.

When you write a post at the top where there are the editing options click the one that looks like a photo. if you hover your mouse over it it will say "image", click it and you can enter the URL of your picture and it will put it in your post instead of a tumbnail.

You will need a photo hosting site like instagram or photobucket, but they are free. You upload pics to them and then you can get the url from them to post in the "image" box.

Hope that helps!

Again I've failed on the personals. Wednesdays I leave home at 8:15 am and don't get back until 8:15pm. Then had to pack my youngest suitcase for school camp (he is 7yrs and camp is only 1 night). I then followed up with work stuff until midnight. Think I would be lucky if I had 4hrs sleep so it could be an interesting day.

Wyoinap - I always, ALWAYS, think I'm not doing enough. Every night I say "I didn't do anything today."

Here's an article I posted on my FB this week: Why Creative Side Projects Are Good For You  My brother is a master at this. He has taught himself to brew beer, make wine, make cheese (I once got a 5lb wheel of goat cheese for Christmas!!). Recently he has mastered the ukele. He's really getting so good!  AND LADIES - he's single!  He's 40, so I'm not sure if that works for him or against him  :)   He takes talkety thinkety to a new level, LOL!

Meadow - are these pictures of your daily hike?

Rick and I are having a very busy week at work so I'm reading along but don't have time to respond to everybody.

Here's our dating story:  I was at a financial conference in 2010. I was in a serious relationship of 4 years. Rick was looking for a new brokerage firm where he could move his business, and he came to our conference. They put me in charge of recruiting him. (I take my job VERY SERIOUSLY.)  We parted ways, and 8 months later he came on board.  A few months later I left my relationship (which truthfully had nothing to do with Rick).  Two months later he invited me to his company retreat as a facilitator. For our second date we went to California for a week. And on our 3rd date he said, "You know this long distance dating will never work unless we get married, right?" And I agreed  :wub:

Re: the watermelon issues. Rick and I both HATE IT. We are the only ones we know who don't like it, and that's how we knew we were meant to be, LOL!!

Finally, my workouts are NOT feeling great at all. Thinking of you on this Cara. Yesterday I thought it was my bad choice of pulled pork before my bike ride, but today's run was horrible, too. I'm starting to do some experimenting. I'll keep you posted!

My flight leaves on Sunday, September 14th and I return home on Sunday September 21. September 15th will be the 10-year anniversary of my Divorce final. I've come so far. People will tell you I'm not even close to the same person. I love my life, just want to be healthier, have more fun and travel. I purchased cauliflower...not sure if I have the umph to make CC's cauliflower tortillas, but I at least want to make some cauliflower rice. Bought fresh leeks and will add them to my chicken, cruciferous dish for tomorrow.

Friday is a Dodger game with the kids, looking forward to that a lot, fireworks after.

CC - great "how we met".

Cara, love the pic.

I didn't eat well today and I am miserable...slow learner.

hugs.

m

Cara - that picture is AMAZING.

CC - wow - regarding how we met.  I would be too scared to marry so quickly but you two must have known it was right because you have a great relationship.  Hating watermelon must have sealed the deal for both of you.

Miki - love that you love your life and that you are striving for improvements in different areas. 

Good day to you sirs and madams,

I must start this by saying that I am proud of Miki for venturing out of the comfort zone. I can't think of a better way to celebrate your autonomy than to go to a new place and discover it for yourself. Deb is a font of knowledge and connections, no? I hope you all consider that you ave a friend in Ireland, and if you ever happened to travel this way you would each be made most welcome. I might be inclined to force lacklustre produce from my garden on you at meal times, but nothing comes for free in this life people. Grin and bear it damn you.

Long night last night, with both little guys spluttering themselves awake at ever decreasing intervals. I'm so tired I could drag myself to bed by my teeth, but we soldier on. This feeling is one of the reasons I have no hankering for further kids. Three is plenty by anyone's standards in this global economy. Must be a cultural thing, when I was a kid everybody had big families here, my OH is one of 7 children. Its almost as though it isn't a family unless it can double as a sports team without outside additions. I have no earthly idea how his mother (or my granny, who had 6 children and several still births) managed that many little people. Its like intensive people farming. 

I'm finding myself hungrier during the day since I started working out again, which I know is an indicator that I ought to be refuelling after exercise, but I can't face eating much more than a handful of anything at a time. Its kind of weird. I've been sorta force feeding myself three properly sized meals (which I don't want to finish but do anyway) but then I get to snackety 2 hours later. And I'm sorry, but I can't do a tin of tuna, that shizzle is way too close to cat food, ga, the smell alone.

Meadow, are those images all from your locale? Where the hell are the strip malls, gas stations, truck stops and other beauty spots? Must be tough to live in such a hideous corner of the nation. I feel sorry for you and everyone you live near. Yuck.

I live in Irish horse country, its really very charming in my village, we have one store, one pub/restaurant, and a couple of interiors shoppes (yes, you do have to spell it that way, its the law of the yuppie). Many of the houses used to be attached to the local estate as dwellings for the jockeys, trainers and service people for the big house, so they are fairly chocolate box.  We do, however, live in a dip of the highway, so it twists around the town like a noisy grey ribbon. Still, we have sheep and horses and wildflower meadows for the kids to destroy, er, I mean enjoy. 

Cara, your beach is beautiful and you have a boy that can fly! Surely there is potential there for earning you obscene amounts of moola. My boys don't fly, they just send my blood pressure soaring.

CC, I liked your How I Met My Rick story. There seem to be a lot of brave, leapety mcfaiths around here. Your brother sounds awesome, if I wasn't already entangled I'd be all kinds of into that. C'mon girls, he makes cheese, that is hot to me.

Rosann, where you at girl? If you are going to be too busy to talk to us then at least post a photo of how much fun you are having without us, like Dave does.

Deb, glad you are about to get a nice break from your filming schedule. Your trip up north sounds fun, I hope that doctor turns out to be everything you have heard and more. So cool that you are already planning our next w30 food challenges. I dread to think what Dave would have us all doing this time around. Resurfacing roads and inventing time travel maybe.

Laurie, lovely to see more of you. You sound much more upbeat and that is a joy to see. 

Higsy, I too ate some disappointing cake yesterday. Despite its less than deliciousness, I went back and had another piece. This slope is slippery.

Ok, my tiny one is calling for me, better go, thinking of you all even if I didn't mention you by name,

Rose

Rose - I've traveled around Ireland but didn't make it to Northern Ireland.   I've face planted myself on the Blarney Stone with a photo souvenir.  I went with a friend from high school.   We landed in Shannon.  We visted about 12 countries and flew home from Spain. 

I must say, the food in Ireland was some of the healthiest on the entire trip.  Fish and vegetables, dark crusty breads and butter.   I loved it.   It rained the entire time but the shimmering raindrops on the trees were jewels in the occasional sunshine.

Spain's food - everything was fried in olive oil.   Germany's food -  El Paso.   France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands - great.   Britain - tea and fish.   Italy - coffee, bread, pasta, eggplant.   Greece - yogurt and coffee, fruit, fish.

The clothes in my suitcase didn't dry out until I made it to Italy.   Humidity in Ireland...never experienced anything like that.   I know cold but not like that.

Cara - your son!   How in the world did he make that jump and where did he land?  He's like an antelope.

Higs - you should write a book about your travels and fishing.

Deb is going to end up with her own show.  Her voice will draw the viewers in every day.  

CC - will start her own marathon challenge for a good cause.

Me - I'm doing well.

Wyoinap - everything is going well for you, too.    Way to go, Cowgirl.   Do you like Country Music? I cried when George Jones died.  He was my father's generation but I've learned to appreciate the way he moved cowboys.  I enjoy Bluegrass but Country as well.   I'm sure you know who wears Wranglers vs. Levis and why.   :D 

As they say, Wyoinap, you never know who's out here running around in the sagebrush.   I won't name-drop but I've met a few of the country greats just trying to blend in with the scenery.  You see them in the most unlikely places.  Some of them graciously share their music with an impromptu concert.  Awesome.

Higs - I love music and the drum....it's in my DNA.

Wyoinap - dedicated to you, Cowgirl.

Holey Moley. I've been gone for 2 days and there are 3 pages of posts to read. I will, I promise, get to tall of them, but I've only got a few minutes now.

Meadow -- you're gorgeous -- natural, healthy, and peaceful appearing.

Deb -- I saw the FB thingy and I am one of the thousands of views and even one of the many comments, so I guess I will ride your coattails to fame.

I walked 4.2 miles last night with a group of local folks trying to be more fit. Laid back type of guys who just want encourage one another to better health. I enjoyed it and will certainly join them again. It was, however 89 degrees when we began our walk at 8pm. Arrrrrggggh. At least the humidity was down a bit.

Ya'll are funny with the superwoman thing. Haven't been called that since the young'uns were, well, young'uns. Nothing big, really, the ex and I just thought that kids deserve a chance. 6 of our guys were school aged when we got them (between 5 and 13 years old) and we just figured it wasn't their fault that they needed a home - they deserved at least some years of a loving family. We thought maybe we could offer that. Did our best. Most of them have overcome their "baggage" and are emotionally healthy. We have one guy who may never stop hiding behind his seriously crappy first thirteen years, but perhaps one day he will figure it out. At least he had a chance. What he does with it is now his decision.

I'm off for a play day (again) and will be back tonight to catch up on all the fabulous stuff I've missed. See ya.

Archived