Mo rothar féin

Derval

Haha it involves pouring the whole bottle into the jar and waiting. That's it. I wish kids were that easy to handle :)

Can't find the recipe, kb will chime in I guess. Basically you cut them into slices, fry them until light golden (3-5 min?) on medium high. Place on paper towel, press gently and refry. Season with either garlic and salt or cinnamon.

I've updated post. Changed mashed to press. Keep them whole! Broken English, you know!

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I always do that? How rude of me. You really did nail the recipe if I remember right. Where is KB. The last time I saw her, she was snapping illegal photos of her cute self.

You really did nail it though. Stewpid question..if I buy a yellowish plantain, will it turn black if I keep it?

Do I always do that? How rude of me. You really did nail the recipe if I remember right. Where is KB. The last time I saw her, she was snapping illegal photos of her cute self.

You really did nail it though. Stewpid question..if I buy a yellowish plantain, will it turn black if I keep it?

Okay, that was funny :).

You got the recipe right!

I must admit, however, since trying Johnny's baked plantain chips, I have not considered frying.

http://www.eatingfor...vocado-ceviche/

These are better for scooping up guacamole!

Yes, a yellow plantain will eventually turn black and is still still edible; it just will get sweeter the longer it sits. I prefer the plantains when they are green for the baked chips. Easier to slice on the mandolin, and I count removing the peel as part of my exercise for the day.

I think when you use a mw, they get supet hot.

I love playing in Derval's yard after she goes to bed. Poor thing wakes up to bedlam. :0)

pretty_floral_hell_off_my_lawn_yard_sign.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90

;):D Not at all, I love awaking to lots of posts on my log :) So I tried the double fried method for breakfast, they were...ok...I don't know what I expected, more of a flavour? maybe I didn't cook them long enough, they still tasted pretty starchy, is that right?

Anyway here is a pic of my Caribbean/Italian breakfast :) instagram is doing weird blur-o-matic things with my photos, it's very annoying.

fbde21869f5911e28fa722000a1fbcea_6.jpg

When I do the double fry method, I then like to drizzle them with ghee that has been melted with some garlic in it. There is the flavor! Yes, they are still pretty starchy this way.

You know, I am thinking I need to buy some mango next week. A mango salsa with the plantain chips would be delicious! Your Caribbean flare is catchy :).

So Sunday is here & school is back tomorrow (whoop whoop :D )

9am - double fried plaintain tostadas, 2 slices procsitto, black coffee - pic a few posts back . Oh and a grapefruit.

10am - JM 6week6pack level 1

1pm - M&S spatchcocked poussin, salad, half avo, mayo, small sweet potato baked. Quite a sizeable lunch! Excuse the blurry instagram - what's with that??! Black coffee.

bd88fb1c9f7d11e2807c22000a1fba57_6.jpg

5,30pm - slow roast pork belly - omg delish - with roast baby potatoes (dunked in mayo) carrots, shallots, garlic. decaff coffee with cm.

55f938da9fa111e292b622000a1fb73b_6.jpg

Trying to get out of the fruit habit & 2 succesful days down so far :)

Looks so boring! I am having a breakfast appetiser (post run) of chicken, parsley and rosemary soup.. Cooked from meaty chicken bones and has a wonderful herby, fatty full flavour and looks like real food rather than coloured cardboard cut outs! Next will be the entree, chicken curry!

I enjoyed a link someone posted about all calories not being equal, really brought home how counting doesn't make sense

Busy day today!

7.15am - egg loaf, black coffee

8.15am - JM shed & shred level 1

then shower & scrub scrub scrub house, shop, prep dinner, scrub some more until

12.30pm - salad of mixed leaves, avo, cherry tomatoes with zesty ranch - chicken in sun dried tomato mayo

6505d4a6a04011e2921422000a1fb704_6.jpg

had coffee (black) in my friends gorgeous newly renovated home, green with envy :(

6pm (oh god I really had to fight not to snack before dinner time). Zoodles & spinach, bolegnase, parmesan.

That's it, will prob have a cm decaff later.

I missed a couple of party days in Derval's garden. :) Plantains are losing their green. I think I will like them less green. May fry half and make chips with the rest. Need to make Ceviche...too much pressure...aack. ;0)

Derval your pork belly looks incredible.

That sounds tough D, I can manage no snacks... If I have fruit with meals.....

See I was having fruit as snacks...or just after a meal..aka desert! Needing something sweet after a meal will be a good habit to break. I would still have fruit in a recipe if it called for it.

Tbh I'm just being super strict on myself because I'm going on holidays in less than 4 weeks and want to look ok to good in my bikini :)

Hmm I remember your shopping trophies a week ago. Those were tiny and my memory ain't failing me. You'll look great. Moreover tan and hapiness are proven way to look 5lb lighter!

Every time I wanted a fruit I shouldn't have I'd imagine Tom's disapproving face. "Why don't you go and eat some kale instead?". I hope I won't be banned for this :)

Archived