Rotisserie chicken...

BirdyP

Guest Andria

What kind of help are you looking for?

If you want places you can buy compliant rotisserie chicken, unfortunately you can't rely on answers in the forum.  You would have to investigate that on your own.

If you want an easy option for chicken, as LadyM said, roast your own whole chicken or bake up several pieces of chicken thighs/breast/legs at once so you have plenty of precooked chicken for future meals.  Personally, I hate being tied to my stove/oven for very long so I throw a whole seasoned chicken in the crockpot and if I want the skin crispy I brown it in the oven just before serving.

Ok, so I have been putting a chicken in the crock pot once a week. But with the whole family eating it I run out by Friday. So,....what I used to do was grab a rotisserie on Friday as a treat, no cooking meal for myself. I about cried when I investigated the ingredients! LOL!! So, maybe I need to do 2 a week in the crock pot so I don't run out!! Thanks for the advice! I will try browning it too. Do you usually do that in the broiler?

My local Sprouts offers rotisserie chicken in three varieties--barbecue, herb, and plain. The barbecue is full of crap, the herb is compliant seasonings and maybe some olive oil, and the plain is a naked chicken tossed in the oven. We usually pick up the plain. But as others have said, always, always, ALWAYS read your labels because stores can change their recipe and/or supplier without warning.

Do you feel comfortable leaving the roaster like a slow cooker/crock pot? I may give it a try in the oven too. I do miss that browned skin that you get with the  rotisserie. I actually have a small rotisserie machine but do not feel comfortable leaving it alone all day.

Wholefoods has a naked plain rotisserie chicken and Kroger has their simple rotisserie chicken. Not sure if you live close to any of those stores or not. I was sad that i count get mine until i found these. They are a it more expense then my usual Costco but it's ok bc it's better for me.

I was addicted to the Costco version... Only $4.99, and a whole bird, unlike the versions at Safeway and Albertson's that looked like mini hens for almost twice as much... I still have a recipe posted to the fridge for UNREAL Costco chicken soup / curry...

Once I read the ingredients on the pulled chicken (The meat they offer, off the bone), I knew why it tasted so good... All the chemicals you would expect from a processed food... I DO remember that the actual rotisserie bird doesn't have the massive ingredients like the pulled packaged stuff, but I forget what it is exactly...

Yes, I had the same experience from Sam's and Costco!! OMG!!! I do not even understand WHY they would need to add those ingredients. I did find some Naked at EarthFare. I didn't realize Kroger had Naked too. Will definitely check that out!! Thanks! I LOVED the Costco bird! After reading the ingredients I now know why too. The problem is to explain that to someone not aware would be very hard. Even if they are into health sometimes. They would just think it's chicken. I'm good!! I hate that companies do this. I am a VERY informed customer but some people just don't want to take the time. I kinda understand it because it really gets old.

Ok, one of my sources for whole birds have changed vendors. Curious about the ingredient list. Chicken, rice flour, lemon juice, salt, paprika, spices, garlic powder, rice concentrate. Are these ingredients allowed? Most look just fine. Really unsure on the last in the list. Help?

There's a reintroduction guide on the site here and an Dear Melissa post about the slow roll re-intro here. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide when and where to start your re-introductions. The first link I posted suggests introducing foods which are less likely to cause a reaction before reintroducing the foods which are more likely to be problematic (dairy and gluten).

Yeah! I hear ya!! I KNOW already that I have an issue with gluten. Dairy......not 100% sure but don't really ever eat it anyways. Maybe in the past I would put a small scoop of FF great yogurt on some taco salad. Not really missing that either. Avocadoes have replaced that just fine!! Truthfully, I think it's the additives, sugar and occasional gluten binge that knocks me right off the track. Well on the occasional alcohol! Waking the Dragon! Just unsure on the additives!

Archived