Stevia without Dextrose?

jstutesmun

I have a quick question. After doing HCG off and on only to keep gaining back what I lost, I noticed that you are not allowed to have stevia on this diet. On HCG I could have it as long as it didn't have dextrose. Can someone tell me why and would it be harmful to have it?

Not necessarily harmful - but it will not help you with your relationship with sweets. 

You see the whole 30 is not necessarily just about THE food, it's also about helping you heal your relationship WITH food.  And besides, your body starts producing a reaction to sweet stuff as soon as it tastes it.  So the rule is no added sugars, or sweeteners of ANY kind.  This includes stevia. 

Fruit juice and fruits are the only exception.

One more note: the whole30 is really a polar opposite approach to HCG, so it does not surprise me that the rules would be different. The aim of the whole30 is health. You may find that you gain some weight temporarily as your body and metabolism recovers from doing HCG "off-and-on" over time. If you follow both the rules and the intent of the whole30 plan you should be able to get to a place where you nourish your body consistently and settle into a healthy weight for your personal context. It may take longer than you would like to get there.

Jstutesmun, were you eating only 500 calories aday with your shots or drops.?  HCG, a pregnancy hormone...real or the synthetic one doesn't work for men or women.  It's the 500 calorie aday over-restriction starvation mode that gives quick and short-term weight loss.  The rebound weight gain with HCG can be faster than the speed of light.

Good decision to start a Whole 30.   It may take your body awhile to balance everything out that the HCG diet aid/supplement did.  Don't get on the scales because that balancing act may take longer than 30 days to correct itself.   The state of our body coming into a Whole 30 determines what happens on Day 30.   Be patient and don't look at the scales.   It's only one data point that does not reflect healing in the body. 

Yes, I did the drops off and on. I had no problem losing the weight but found it impossible to maintain. I did gain it back lightning fast and I have found that regardless of the amount of working out and eating healthy I do, I just have no metabolism whatsoever. Hoping this does the trick! I start Monday so tomorrow is day one!!!

Jstutesmun, were you eating only 500 calories aday with your shots or drops.?  HCG, a pregnancy hormone...real or the synthetic one doesn't work for men or women.  It's the 500 calorie aday over-restriction starvation mode that gives quick and short-term weight loss.  The rebound weight gain with HCG can be faster than the speed of light.

I'll second that! I lost 45 pounds on HCG, but gained it all back within a year. On top of that, my liver function values have been off. It was great going down, but going up has been a real bummer for my health, wardrobe, and my state of mind!  

Meadow

I'll second that! I lost 45 pounds on HCG, but gained it all back within a year. On top of that, my liver function values have been off. It was great going down, but going up has been a real bummer for my health, wardrobe, and my state of mind!  

Meadowlilly, I have been on the diet off and on. I would lose 30 lbs, gain 35lbs, I would then go on it and lose 35lbs and then in the next month or two be right back where I was. It was so frustrating. Felt great losing it, but horrible to know that all I went through was in vain. Very tough to deal with emotionally and my wife and kids said that I was a bear when on it. They told me that they did not want me to do again. So I found this WHole 30 thanks to a lady at church telling me about it. My wife bought the book a while ago and after reading it, I was impressed. I am on day 9 and already down a pant size! I am already feeling great!

My wife bought the book a while ago and after reading it, I was impressed. I am on day 9 and already down a pant size! I am already feeling great!

Don't you wish everyone knew to just. eat. real. food. ?

It's a great day when you realize that all the gimmicks were just......  gimmicks.  :)

Archived