Awww nuts!

onadownhillslide

I am about to start my first Whole 30. I am not very good at moderation. I gave up sugar a year and a half ago for that very reason. I am looking at the approved foods for this and I notice that nuts and dried fruits are in the "limited" category...I need to know what my limits are (because i am completely incapable of setting my own and I will eat an entire jar of almonds in one sitting). Help please with quantities in these areas! Thank you!

Run away from the nuts! I learned in my first whole30 that nuts are bad bad bad for me! Such a trigger, and interestingly enough, not so with nut butters, but nuts by the handfull, cup full, bowl full.... um nope, can't do them. I would just give them up for the month and see how you do!

Dried fruit is ok as a condiment like an addition to a salad. I would not snack on them. You should really try to give nuts up for the whole thing. I promise it will go by faster than you think, and you really won't miss them that much. There are so many other foods that have more nutrition and flavor than nuts. And they also don't wreak as much havoc on your system.

I could eat cashews all day long, i swear. What I have found works is to get a handful, put them in a ziplock baggy/container with a handful of coconut, and take it to eat with my lunch at work :) If I dont have the container, I won't be able to eat it.

Now, when I get home, it's been a little more difficult... but so far, so good! :)

No more than 3 macadamia nuts a day. That's the limit for myself and my kids before we feel full, so I consider it a reasonable limit for a very rich food. If you eat more than that, I'll have to come take your bag away. :)

Archived