100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

Day 10 for me. Whats with the killer headaches. They kind of subsided for a few days and now are back in full force. Whats different about today? Am I not drinking enough coffee? or maybe its water that I need. I don't normally get headaches so its driving me nuts :(

Otherwise my day was good. Not even craving non- compliant foods.

B- eggs with bison and yams and carrots, banana, water

L - big salad with chicken - coffee, banana

D - salmon and asperagus, water

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 8 and I am so ready to be done with this wretched heartburn. It seems like it comes on mid-afternoon for no reason at all and then comes and goes until about 11 PM. What the heck?

Elizabeth Anne, have you tried taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in about 8 oz of water for the heartburn? Works for me every time.

Kim

Hi All,

I'm Lisa. I've been doing the Whole 100 since January 01, 2013 but by myself. Is it still okay to join?

I've been keeping logs and for the last 2 months going to CrossFit gym - now going 5 days a week. I've had autoimmune diseases for 17+ years. Been on Paleo Autoimmune Protocol since early July and have gone off all meds except Synthroid (thyroidectomy in 2006). Lost 35 pounds and feeling great! Still refining my very restricted AI diet and need support to stay on track!

Let me know ...

Thank you!

Hi All,

I'm Lisa. I've been doing the Whole 100 since January 01, 2013 but by myself. Is it still okay to join? I've been keeping logs and for the last 2 months going to CrossFit gym - now going 5 days a week. I've had autoimmune diseases for 17+ years. Been on Paleo Autoimmune Protocol since early July and have gone off all meds except Synthroid (thyroidectomy in 2006). Lost 35 pounds and feeling great! Still refining my very restricted AI diet and need support to stay on track!

Let me know ...

Thank you!

Of course you can join! Welcome! :)

Evening, Folks! Feeling much better this evening. Was still pretty wobbly early in the day. But now I feel a head cold coming on. Part of the same bug? Don't know. Maybe I'm just getting it in stages.

Anyway, since I was afraid I won't feel well for a few more days I did a cook up tonight. Made another breakfast casserole (eggs, sweet potato, spinach, onion, mushroom, tomato) so don't need to worry about breakfast for a while. Defrosting some stew for lunch the next few days, and defrosting pork chops to make this tomorrow night

http://www.columbian.com/weblogs/paleo-in-a-pinch/2012/jun/27/cinnamon-crusted-porkchops-with-apples-sage/

Also cooked up a bunch of chard. The man who owns the local organic grocery is also an organic farmer. He stocks all the usual commercial organic produce, but now that our growing season is in full swing he has put a huge rack outside full of whatever was ready to be picked at his house that morning. I love that it was all in the dirt that morning. I got a bunch of chard that was literally as big as those huge bouquets they hand Miss America. That's how I felt carrying it around. I had to cradle it in my arm! I wish the store was closer. I'd stop by every morning just to see what he brought from home.

I have been craving chocolate like whoa. I swear it starts a half-hour after breakfast and lasts until I have dinner, although it doesn't absorb every minute of the day. But whenever I crave something -- it's pretty much always chocolate. Or soda. I really thought, going in, that not getting to have honey in my tea was going to be a huge hurdle for me, but I don't seem to miss that at all. This thing with chocolate, though... argh.

I am so amazed that so many things I thought would be horrible to miss aren't that bad and things I never knew I'd miss are brutal!

I had a good day today, I feel like things are coming together and it's getting (slightly) easier! I think I'm still on a bit of a high from yesterday. My biggest trigger right now is shopping at target or Costco, places like that. All the junk I'm so used to eating just calls out to me when I get there. I love the huge massive picture of chocolate chip cookies and milk they have plastered on their wall. When we walked by it today my eight year old kept talking about what she was missing and craving (in fact every time we walked by something sweet) and the worst part is my 17 month old was pointing to the cookies too. What a serious and great reminder as to why I'm doing this, why I need to change my life and theirs!

B: three eggs, huge scoop of salsa and 1/2 a avacado

L: salad with leftover coconut chicken finger, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, peppers, oil & vinegar and a bit of mayo to make it a bit creamy

D: BURGERS! I've been craving them, made some green beans and sweet potato fries to go with them

I made some BBQ sauce this AM and it was ok, I wasn't super happy with it. I added some liquid smoke to the recipe and with dinner tonight I decided to mix some with some brown spicy mustard...and now I love it!!! It was great to dip my burger and fries in!

Day 10 for me. Whats with the killer headaches. They kind of subsided for a few days and now are back in full force. Whats different about today? Am I not drinking enough coffee? or maybe its water that I need. I don't normally get headaches so its driving me nuts :(

Sandzu, drinking more water might be a good idea, but also, you might not be eating enough. Are you following the portion guidelines? How much protein are you having? You could add in more veggies, too. Also, in your food log, the big thing that I noticed is that you didn't include any fats. Including healthy fat at each meal is important -- things like avocado, extra virgin olive oil, cooking with ghee or coconut oil, having coconut milk. If you're not having two servings of fat at each meal, I would definitely add that in.

I hope this helps your headaches go away!!

Tami

Sandzu, where are your fats? You haven't listed any. Could this be your problem? Are you not getting enough?

Hi All,

I'm Lisa. I've been doing the Whole 100 since January 01, 2013 but by myself. Is it still okay to join? I've been keeping logs and for the last 2 months going to CrossFit gym - now going 5 days a week. I've had autoimmune diseases for 17+ years. Been on Paleo Autoimmune Protocol since early July and have gone off all meds except Synthroid (thyroidectomy in 2006). Lost 35 pounds and feeling great! Still refining my very restricted AI diet and need support to stay on track!

Let me know ...

Thank you!

Hi Al-Paleo!

Of course you can join us:) We are glad to have you!!

Hi all! So, I have read everyone's responses and am so thankful I'm not walking this path all by myself. I figure I am not going to count days anymore, just go day by day until 100 days is up. Yesterday really bummed me out, but when I read everything and thought about it I know their was nothing Eaten with intent. I felt very sick today too. I'm just going to keep moving through my whole100.

Today I was very compliant and will not be trusting anyone to cook my food again:). I know many of us have had sleep problems, I did pick up some melatonin and I must say it worked wonderfully!! I have slept the last 2 nights more than I've slept in months. I cannot believe it.

Hope everyone has a great day! Happy whole living!!

My menu for the last few days: I'm on the Autoimmune Program... Looking at this, I'm wondering if I'm eating too much fruit. Any advice welcome!!!!! :)

Coffee

Banana

Apple

Chicken

Mixed Greens

Avo Vinaigrette

Sweet Potatoes

Butter

Pork Loin

Water – I Gal

Coffee

HM Coconut Milk

Cherries

Chicken 3

Clementines 2

Brussels Sprouts

Pecans

Mixed Greens

Beets

Water – I Gal

Coffee

HM Coconut Milk

Hummus

Lamb

Mixed Greens

Beets

Chicken

Butternut Squash

Apple

Water – I Gal

Decaf

HM Coconut Milk

Chicken

Beets

Banana

Chicken x 2

Mixed Greens x 2

Avo Vinaigrette

Cherries

Water – I Gal

Decaf

HM Coconut Milk

Chicken

Cherries

Turkey x 2

Spinach

Banana

Apple

Mixed Greens

Avo Vinaigrette

Water – I Gal

Happy Day 11!

I can't believe how quickly this is passing and am SO grateful I decided to do a Whole100. The truth is I still feel bloated, and I am experiencing myriad of other things that make me feel like nothing is happening. I know that's not true but this is where we lay it all out, so I need to be honest about how I'm feeling right now.

It's been a challenging week for me. I have been on the move constantly which means I really haven't been cooking as much as I need to keep my energy levels up. I'm not ating enough food and I was reminded last night through the various posts that I'm likely not getting enough fat either.

I remind myself in this moment when I'm feling like a complete and total failure that I am compliant and this too shall pass. It's a process and the gift is that I am able to take the cues my body is giving me to figure out what needs to be tweaked! That's pretty cool!

[email protected] made your Chicken caccitore recipe last night and it was in a word AMAZING! Thank you for sharing it and thank you to everyone else who shares their recipes. It makes this journey a lot more fun.

While I type this (speaking of recipes) I am trying a breakfast recipe that was suggested on either the Urban Poser or Against All Grains. It's spaghetti squash as a breakfast dish with some berries and coconut milk heated up. Takes a minute to get used to the taste but all in all it's not bad!

I am still very tired. I need a few days to be quiet and catch up with myself. I think I'm in need of thinning out my commitments for the next several days so I can find some balance.

Wishing you all a lovely day!

ElizabethAnne & Tamra, perhaps since we're all in the same general area, we could plan a meet up one of these Whole100 days?

ElizabethAnne what area of Chicago are you in? I'm in Evanston & Tamra is in Berwyn.

Linda

It's been a challenging week for me. I have been on the move constantly which means I really haven't been cooking as much as I need to keep my energy levels up. I'm not ating enough food and I was reminded last night through the various posts that I'm likely not getting enough fat either.

You're going to feel a hell of a lot better when you eat more. Cook a big batch of squash, sweet potatoes, and/or beets to have at least twice a day with meals so your energy is good and consistent. Feeling well is paramount.

I'm still here, still enjoying my Whole100, starting to have some wistful thoughts about Starbucks, but remembering how awful I felt trying to drink it (started my Whole100 36 hours early because of how rotten I felt after drinking Starbucks for a few days). I'm figuring out that thwen I start listing toward sugar, that's a sign that I'm hungry. Who knew? Also, when I get angry. Again, who knew? I was always fighting down the sugar-induced mood swings, and now I'm not. But yesterday I was angry about something that wasn't really my problem, and I realized I hadn't had breakfast. A good meal later, I felt calm again. So weird.

[email protected] made your Chicken caccitore recipe last night and it was in a word AMAZING! Thank you for sharing it and thank you to everyone else who shares their recipes. It makes this journey a lot more fun.

Linda

Thanks Linda, I'm glad you liked it!!

I'm cruising along in my nut-free Whole100. I'm finding I don't really need to snack, but I am missing my nuts sometimes. Today I cooked up some kale chips. Here is the recipe (with pictures and info about kale) in case you have never tried making them yourself. I LOVE them!! It helps to have something to turn to instead of nuts.

One thing I have really been making an effort to do is eat three meals a day. Although I have been paleo for a long time, I had slipped into the habit of not eating breakfast. I would just eat brunch at around 11, graze from about 4 until dinner and then graze again after dinner. I'm feeling much more consistent energy levels now that I don't snack as much and actually eat 3 full meals. I don't always feel hungry for meal 1, but I usually have no problem eating it once I get started :)

Happy Friday everybody!

Ooooooo thanks for the suggestion about the fats. I did have evoo on my salad and usually cook with coconut oil. Some days are rather low in fats ( usually days with major headaches) and come to think of it, I do better when I eat more fat - even crave fat some days and have to really focus on eating more. Might have sardines in oil for breakfast today and see if it helps :)

Ooooooo thanks for the suggestion about the fats. I did have evoo on my salad and usually cook with coconut oil. Some days are rather low in fats ( usually days with major headaches) and come to think of it, I do better when I eat more fat - even crave fat some days and have to really focus on eating more. Might have sardines in oil for breakfast today and see if it helps

Beyond the fats that you cook with and are in your meats, it says in the book to also have 1-2 thumbsized amounts of fat. So, avocado (the amount should be more like 1/4 to 1/2 an avocado), a few olives, a blob of homemade mayo or some quac. Eat up! :)

I am also glad for this being a W100. I feel like I am still very much in the detox phase and I know that, for me, it takes about 90 days for a new, healthy habit to really stick.

Today I ate a breakfast consisting of 2 eggs scrambled with ground beef and onions, served with avocado on top. I actually ate it all and felt like eating it! Also, felt good after. This is the first day breakfast (within 30min-1hour) was not a "discusting" thought upon waking. Does this mean I am finally starting to heal my gut and get fat-adapted?

My bloating is going down and I am starting to be more mindful of my portions. I have long belonged to the "clean plate club" and know this is not healthy. My pants even feel a little looser (even if it is just a tiny bit).

Hope everybody's day goes well and I alsoway look forward to everyone's posts on our forum!! :rolleyes:

Day 13 going well - I went grocery shopping and picked up a lot of spices- came home and made some seasonings from Well Fed. I LOVE having those handy-they really seem to perk up anything. My favorite are the Italian seasoning and the Moroccan one from the book (can't think of the name of it off the top of my head) Really good stuff.

I have been craving wine- or the experience of enjoying wine with my husband this week. Even dreamt about it last night- I watched my DH pour each of us a glass, and wondered how I was going to justify this on my Whole 100. NOT! Glad it was just a dream. I also dreamt about Pop Tarts last week- I don't even like 'em ! Crazy stuff- but all good, I suppose :D

Hope everyone else is rockin' their whole 100 !

Hi everybody! I was hoping I could join in on this wonderful group... :) I've been on the whole30 since the 1st and plan on going at least 100 days. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and due with baby girl #3 on April 9th. From Jan 1st to April 9th is 102 days and I would like to whole30-it until I deliver and hopefully beyond. I'm looking to get my gut in the best possible shape before delivery since the baby's first population of gut bacteria will be from me when she's born. I want to get her started off on the right foot! lol! I also want to keep my diet super clean paleo after I deliver and while breastfeeding. I'm going to be working in the next couple of months to get my freezer stocked full of super healthy whole30 meals that will be quick and easy to heat and serve after the baby comes.

Here's my menu for today:

Breakfast 1 Chicken breast tenderloin and 1 chicken thigh with butternut squash cubes stir-fried in bacon fat, 1 cup of homemade water kefir and coffee with 77g coconut milk and 7g coconut oil

Lunch Leftover pot roast with root vegetables and onions, 2 cutie tangerines and a cup of homemade kombucha

Haven't had dinner yet but I'm planning on a big salad with 1/2 of an avocado, handfull of kalamata olives, diced apple, onion, bell pepper, chicken breast and plenty of olive oil and lemon juice for the dressing.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself! Looking forward to getting to know everyone better! Happy W30-ing!

Nili

Lisa, thank you so much for the kale chips recipe!! You must have read my mind because I bought lots of kale on sale at Whole Foods Wednesday and wanted to make chips with it. Now I don't have to google all night to figure out a decent way to cook them!

Will let you know how I do.... crossed fingers here!

Today was a rough day. I went back to work, though I'm still not 100%. I didn't bring enough food to work - small batch of sweet potato hash for BF and some leftover chicken soup for lunch. I snagged a banana from the kitchen, too. So until I got home after work, I was pretty much hungry all day.

Even though I wasn't 100% feeling better, though, I was looking forward to tonight. I've been kinda seeing this guy for a few months. He lives 2.5 hours away. We haven't seen each other in 3 weeks and he was going to come to my house tonight. I got a call this afternoon that he got into a car accident. He's fine, the car is still drivable, but it was enough to postpone the trip. I'm totally ok with that. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about him, though, and was hoping to get a more clear image this weekend. Looks like I'll have to leave my feelings up in the air one more week.

Right after I got off the phone with him, I got a call from my dad. My 96 year old grandma has been in the hospital this week. Today, they found some masses in her brain and guess she has about 6 months to live. She's lived a long life, my grandpa was alive until just after their 70th anniversary, and she's lived on her own until now. She's an absolute pain in the ass, but I love her to death and inherited so many of those qualities about her that drive me bonkers! I've accepted a long time ago that she won't always be around, but now it's starting to sink in.

To top it off, my period is expected within a few days.

All I want to do is eat. I went to CVS for some medicine and saw the chocolate, potato chips, snacks, etc. I went to a local market and saw wine. I know enough that I won't cave and eat all the crap, but with my emotions as they are, man, it's really calling to me. I ended up going home with some fruit and a rack of ribs, but all I have the energy to eat/prepare is the fruit. It's been a rough day.

Archived