100 Days of Awesome "Whole 100" Group Log

Koneill12

We went out of town this weekend for a friend/family getaway full of waterpark food, buffets, Mexican, Dairy Queen etc. I came prepared and have almost made it out alive lol. One more meal in the morning and I have boiled eggs, almond butter, an avocado and fruit left. Yippee! Day 9 is in the bag! Have a great day tomorrow!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We went out of town this weekend for a friend/family getaway full of waterpark food, buffets, Mexican, Dairy Queen etc. I came prepared and have almost made it out alive lol. One more meal in the morning and I have boiled eggs, almond butter, an avocado and fruit left. Yippee! Day 9 is in the bag! Have a great day tomorrow!

I so admire you. :)

end of day 5 here and I'm feeling a bit sluggish and full. I didn't really want to eat dinner tonight, I feel almost as though my entire digestive track has slowed down or something...I realized I am not eating many fresh/raw veggies and I think the lightness might help me a bit. rather than getting oils/fats from cooking I cut up an avacado and for dinner am having a "salad" of lettuce, tomato, tuna, and avacado with a little oil and vinegar.

breakfast: sweet potato hash, two eggs

lunch: leftover meatballs and red sauce

dinner: tuna salad

snack: luna bar while sitting in traffic

I think today was my hardest so far. my husband is complaining that there is nothing to eat in the house, my 8 year old is complaining, and I went to the store with her today to find some things for them to eat (things that are not whole30 but not crap, either...)and was totally triggered by all the breads, cheeses, milk (!)...I am a sugar addict so I guess in some ways I was surprised by how strongly these things triggered me. I walked quickly through, got some veggies to restock, some kombucha tea (for the first time - I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!) and got home. hubby and daughter went out to a movie tonight so I fear I might not kiss them when they get home lest I start licking their faces trying to get some buttery goodness or leftover chocolate pieces. better go to bed!

Day5 complete!

It's been a rough day,,I have been real moody. I'm very tired.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs,ghee,and kale

Lunch was a big salad with grilled chicken 1/2 avocado, tomatoes, oil and vinegar

Kombucha tea and some dry roasted almonds

Dinner was filet, broccoli, some mashed sweet potatoes

Late night snack... I did have some almond butter and a banana. It's that time of the month and it helped me out tonight a bunch:)

Still nicotine free:). I must say, I am just so excited for so many reasons about doing this whole100. It is so nice to have so many people who are on the same journey.

Night to all!!

Hangry! Trolling around the kitchen... would KILL for peanut butter. Spoonful of coconut oil (by itself, yummmm) and a sweet potato instead. It is after dinner and thus might be getting into dessert territory but if it keeps me from going face first into our (ginormous Costco!) peanut butter so be it.

On the upside, did 90 minutes of yoga earlier and it was fantastic.

Day 3 for me and it's been full of brain fog. Such is the result of me not eating squash or sweet potatoes for a day, apparently. I had some sweet potatoes with dinner and have been feeling ever so much better ever since then. Wish I had clued into that a bit earlier, but now I know. :) And I went to the gym and made an appointment to meet with a trainer next week. Yay!

I continue to be proud of myself for eating and cooking what I call "experimental food." Today had some mixed results -- I carbonized some of the thinner-sliced sweet potato wedges into dry tastelessness in the oven tonight, but poached eggs in spicy tomato-onion-pepper stuff for breakfast (it's a Middle Eastern dish, but I can't remember its name) for breakfast and a much-modified old favorite recipe for dinner were big winners.

Be well, everyone!

Day 5, all going well, I have my energy back, and feeling good, digestion and bloat returning to normal thankfully after the sluggish feel I had after the festivities, so hungry today tho, had grilled herby garlic chicken breast with cherry tomatoes and a lots of raw carrot for breakfast, but it didn't hit the spot, most unusual and I don't usually eat anywhere near that amount for brekky, I have a leftover lunchpot in the fridge for lunch, and dinner will be roast beef with loads of veggies. Busy reading recipes and writing menus for the coming week, and about to start this weeks cook ahead lunches.

Have a good day all x

Hi all:

Joining this journey starting today....Jan 6....I have done 3 W30 last year....amazing! make my own mayo, etc....but the idea of 100 days...I will stay with you guys and follow through longer. It is all about having people on the journey. I have used this forum to stay strong with ALL of my others. I have had fantastic results mentally and physically with this lifestyle. I have added nordic walking to my repertoire of exercise by replacing jogging which didnt' feel right. It left me starving. Nordic walking for the last month with my skiwalking poles is a great way to incorporate cave man lifestyle to this way of eating!

PS, I have learned ONE MAJOR THING from this lifestyle....Wheat is not my friend....I totally REACT! Can't wait to extricate it from my life again...completely! It affects my sleep, my mood, my rosacea and my stomach and intestines.....

Donna

So great to read about everyone's experiences! I am pleased with how my first few days have gone. Slight moodiness from sugar withdrawal. I have had a headache on a few occasions, but nothing like my first W30. Menu planning today for the week.

Hi everyone -- for those who started on the 1st -- it's day 6 which means tomorrow is one week down. Woohoo! Good times.

I'm still pretty tired at the end of the day but otherwise feeling good with steady energy. had eggs and spinach for breakfast, a stir fry of leftover chicken and cabbage with garlic and ginger for lunch and a sausage/sweet potato hash with spinach for dinner. I also sprinkled a few cashews and TWO apples through my day -- normally I only eat one piece of fruit a day but I figured fresh is better than dried so...baby steps. I keep telling myself this is a long journey.

Kim

Happy Day 6!

Apparently I've been in the wrong place the last several days. Thanks to the folks who pointed me in the right direction!

To start the day off with a bang, I am sharing this recipe for a Paleo (whole30 compliant) porridge.

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2013/01/04/banana-nut-porridge/

Very easy to make and a great alternative if you want something other than eggs. Its suppose to be like Cream of Wheat. It is very much like that in texture. I doubled the batch and added 1 1/2 cans of coconut milk & 3 tsp. of cinnamon but feel free to tweak to your hearts content!

Day 5 was a success!

However, I still have a case of the crusty eyed crankies. Ugh. Restraint of pen & tongue and all that. Very hard work. Sleep still not so grand BUT my energy is improving (as are the dark circles under my eyes).

The gift here is that I KNOW that the feelings that are coming up, the bloating, the constipation and all those other fun things I've been experiencing are the result of this thing working! I wouldn't be detoxing otherwise.

So I put my big girl panties on, zip my lip, grab my water bottle and forge ahead into a new day!! Woo Hoo!!

I am heading out to a exercise class called "BE MOVED" in about 20 minutes and then off to the movies with a friend right afterward. Yesterday I had a lovely day of sewing & puttering. I plan on finishing out my day in the same way.

In doing this Whole100, my goal has been to become more peaceful inside and out and it's working really nicely so far.

I try to seek out the pearls in my days and to be grateful that every day in every way I am getting healthier and feeling happier. I have to remind myself that this is a process and a journey and after my first Whole30 in August, I realized with all the damage I've done to my body over the years, it was going to take more than 30 days to get healthy.

I am not stressing as much this time. I wish the same for all of you.

have a great Sunday and may your choices be ever in your favor!

Linda

Day 6 and I feel soooooo tired!!!

I went to bed about 8.30p and woke up at 4.30 (with a few wake ups during the night; ie. dog, phone ringing, etc.). Had a salad about 5.00a and still felt tired... took a quick nap at 7.30a (about 20 min) and feel better but still heavy...

Is anyone else going through these feelings??? It is also cedar season here and the trees are in full pollen mode, so maybe that has something to do with it as well. I don't feel bad, just heavy and tired... Bloating is almost gone, so yay for small miracles.. I am going to do a cook up of ragu with elk, bison and GF pork at my parents and mom has bought me fresh strawberries to celebrate my Birthday. Since I have been preparing them all week that I am on this nutrition challenge, they won't be tempting me with any sugar treats or my nemesis, Wine....

I will post later today to let y'all know that I had a successful Birthday and gave myself the gift of good health today! So grateful for everyone here who posts!!!

Blues skies to you!

end of day 5 here and I'm feeling a bit sluggish and full. I didn't really want to eat dinner tonight, I feel almost as though my entire digestive track has slowed down or something...I realized I am not eating many fresh/raw veggies and I think the lightness might help me a bit. rather than getting oils/fats from cooking I cut up an avacado and for dinner am having a "salad" of lettuce, tomato, tuna, and avacado with a little oil and vinegar.

How funny! I was feeling the same way last night (my day 5 as well) and made the same dinner (but with raw spinach instead in lettuce). Nice to know we are both feeling how we are supposed to be feeling!

I just started my day and am feeling pretty good. I feel like I dodged the flu bullet by doing this Whole100 - I have had very mild symptoms, and with a lot of rest I am getting my energy back. I can tell it's not all the way there because my brain is saying I need some sugar to give me energy, but I am having lots of broth throughout the day and letting it work itself out.

Starting Day 4 here and it's Sunday -- which is when my husband and I usually go out to one of our favorite restaurants for breakfast, which they do up amazingly, something different every week. I didn't even think about going out this morning, just cooked my eggs in coconut oil and heated up some leftover mushrooms from last night and the red cabbage I made a couple of days ago. I enjoy that now a plate with 3 eggs and the rest of the space filled up with colorful veggies looks "normal" to me, whereas husband's 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon looked incomplete and kind of lonely on his plate. :D I'm glad to be making such interesting/different food for breakfast that I don't miss the Sunday breakfasts we used to spend so much money on -- and I'm also glad that my husband can get his "breakfast at a restaurant" fix on Saturday mornings with one of our other housemates. To each their own. :)

Guess who desserted yesterday...

<--- this girl. Found myself eating an apple and two sweet potatoes last night at nine thirty!! Chocking it up to growing pains and moving forward.

It's weird, I have a harder time with structure and routines on my days off... one would think that long work days would be more taxing, especially since I just started a new job. But in reality days off with lots of 'free time' are harder to stay on track. Maybe it's just the Capricorn in me longing to work :rolleyes:.

Regardless, yummy big breakfast, off to run errands and then back for a quick workout and lunch. Oh! And I think my teeth are getting whiter, happened on my last W30 too... lovely!

Day 6 and I feel soooooo tired!!!

I went to bed about 8.30p and woke up at 4.30 (with a few wake ups during the night; ie. dog, phone ringing, etc.). Had a salad about 5.00a and still felt tired... took a quick nap at 7.30a (about 20 min) and feel better but still heavy...

Is anyone else going through these feelings??? It is also cedar season here and the trees are in full pollen mode, so maybe that has something to do with it as well. I don't feel bad, just heavy and tired... Bloating is almost gone, so yay for small miracles.. I am going to do a cook up of ragu with elk, bison and GF pork at my parents and mom has bought me fresh strawberries to celebrate my Birthday. Since I have been preparing them all week that I am on this nutrition challenge, they won't be tempting me with any sugar treats or my nemesis, Wine....

I will post later today to let y'all know that I had a successful Birthday and gave myself the gift of good health today! So grateful for everyone here who posts!!!

Blues skies to you!

Happy Birthday Fergie!

Yay!Day 6 is done (and I'm so impressed that Tina is still smoke free :D ). I woke up at the crack of dawn (4:30) and I'm glad I did. It gave me a chance to eat a nice big breakfast of eggs and veggies before my husband got up. He made paleo pumpkin pancakes with chestnut flour and they smelled soooo good. I was happy to already be full. Nobody wants to smell pancakes (even paleo ones) when they are hungry on a whole30.

Had left overs for lunch and then made an absolutely amazing eggplant thing. I'll post the recipe on my blog tomorrow and give you guys the link.

Tough workout tonight. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to lift my arms tomorrow or dress myself (which could be problematic since I have to go to work :rolleyes: )

xoxo

Yesterday was a compliant free-for-all for me. This sinus infection is kicking my butt. I don't know that I had an actual meal, but instead grazed throughout the day. I woke up this morning determined to eat real meals, and started the day with my usual sweet potato hash with two eggs.

I managed to make a tomato veggie beef stew yesterday with some bone broth I made last week and it turned out well. I froze most of it so I have a last minute meal or two ready. I have a whole chicken and plan on making a chicken soup today, and have some flank steak and peppers/onions to make some fajitas with avocado. And I bought 2 dozen eggs - one dozen to fry / make mayo / etc., and another to boil. Not sure I'll get to all of it today, but at least I won't come home from work tomorrow with an empty fridge.

hi all, day 6 for me today. I agree, I am totally using this forum for accountability and encouragement. I so much appreciate coming on here and seeing how everyone is doing!

I am working today and knew this would be a hard day for me. it's where I eat tons of crap, go to the gift shop, go into the break room. I took a break and almost had some apples and cashew butter but really wasn't hungry, decided to forgo it and had some tea instead. I do have lunch packed but don't know if I will even be hungry before I leave. brought some sweet potato hash and eggs this morning to munch on so I was good to go.

I am a mayo failure. I am getting frustrated making it because I can't seem to get it right! I need to get some olive oil because yesterday I used some bacon fat and it tasted so gross. maybe tonight I will try again, not sure.

so far so good today, I only have 3 hours left of work so I know I can make it!!! :)

Yesterday was a compliant free-for-all for me. This sinus infection is kicking my butt. I don't know that I had an actual meal, but instead grazed throughout the day.

I was sick on Day 1 through yesterday (still a little sick today) and I know what you mean about free-for-all! It doesn't help that I'm pregnant too. I was just eating every couple hours, and I'm sure there were a couple times I ate even though I wasn't hungry. Hey, but staying compliant when you're sick is a big deal, especially at the beginning, so good on you!

Day 6 for me and now I'm getting the Day 4 sugar cravings. They are so bad today. I was at the Science Center with my family today and everywhere I looked was sugar. Lots of kids eating their "healthy" cookie snacks, people eating candy, and of course the concession stand with tons of terrible foods. It was rough. I heard my brain trying to convince myself that quitting sugar is too hard and not worth it. At one point, as I was staring at a little girl's raisin oatmeal cookie, I actually thought, "maybe I should be vegetarian again. Maybe this paleo diet isn't anymore healthy than that." All so I could eat a cookie! Insane. I just calmly reminded myself how wheat and sugar make me feel and that being vegetarian was not an option because I still couldn't eat the cookie. So.... I ate some canned tuna in olive oil with my toddler instead. Staying strong, but today is tough!

Ni

Hi all,

I wasn't able to log on yesterday and am now feeling confused. Did the group decide not to do a new daily post each day and instead use this one?

Any update would be helpful. Thanks!

Nina,

Tom married all our threads together. He said the mods don't want us doing a new one every day, we have to keep using the same one.

Thanks Lisa! I ate some grass fed baked chicken thighs with some veggies and am feeling better with a bit more energy (not so heavy feeling). Guess I needed more protein than I was consuming. Bolognese Ragu is going well and I am having a nice relaxing day W30 style. a bit more snacking than usual, but it is all allowed foods and I am pretty proud of my progress so far.

Good luck on your workout! I am hitting Crossfit first thing in the morning and then a busy day ahead, so I'm hoping I will continue with the energy "upswing".

Have a great day!

Archived