Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

I RRRREEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY want some chocolate!!!

Coming to post here instead.

Now I'm going to go brush and floss, because that often deters me from eating.

See, now that I wrote this, I know I won't eat any chocolate because I'd be embarassed to come back tomorrow and post that I gave in.

Awesome use of the forum! That's exactly why I love this group! Y'all not only keep me motivated, but also inspired to see this thing through.

Stay strong honey, you got this!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok y'all. Day 15 down. I must admit I have felt better than I have in a long time. I ate well and W30 compliant today. I am completely proud of each and every one of us for making it this far and believe we will help each other see success throughout the full 30 days. I don't know what I would've done without finding this group, I think it would have made the W30 much harder if not nearly impossible without your support.

Just in case anyone wondered, my pork crock experiment turned out amazing! I was a happy girl when I sat down to dinner this evening. Additionally, I think I've grown addicted to spinach! I didn't eat any with breakfast this morning and I really missed it. I suppose there are worse things I could be addicted to. Just never thought baby spinach would be my go to food. Odd, huh? Anyone else find they are oddly addicted to a food? Anything you have added that has become a gotta have that in your day?

Good morning ladies!

Thirsty....I think that is what we always were but the cues were messed up with the engineered food. Also, our digestive systems are healing big time so I would suspect that our bodies our begging for water to flush away the toxins (the nurse in me comes out)....

Craving foods....yeah, I am craving a pork butt in the crock pot for pulled pork. Who craves that? I have detached from my sugar cravings. Last night we made potato chips out of kale in the oven. It was to die for! I always forget that little way to feel indulgent.....

Also I bought a small rutabega. My husband suggested we slice it thin and bake it on high for chips with our pork butt tonight....Who knew this could be so fun? Proud of you all for keeping on......today is Day 17 and I feel great

I guess I'm a little late on this one, of course I only thought to join today for some reason. My husband and I started our second Whole30 on the 15th (though we intended to start on the 11th...and a month before that....). We did our first in November and it was fabulous! I exercised 6 days a week for the first one and my husband did not and we lost the same amount of weight. I have more responsibility with my work (which is from home) so I haven't had the time to work out. We also have a young son who is doing Paleo with us, with the exception of milk because he isn't two yet and I'm wary about taking him off of milk. Umm, where was I? Oh! Right...so this is our second go around and so far so good.

We've been hearing that sometimes it takes longer than just 30 days (or even a month and a half) to hit that magix sort of time when you really feel the effects of what you are doing, other than losing on the scale. We felt really good during our first one and we feel good now, but I'm also well over 100 lbs. overweight and have a long way to go. My husband is much more in a better shape than I am, but we both have this huge hurdle to still over-come mentally and the Whole30 is helping.

I'm with you, I like the good foods that we're supposed to eat, but I also like the bad ones for some reason, no matter how terrible they make me feel (and believe me, I'm only in my 20's but the more I eat that food, the worse it makes me feel every single time...I can't eat it like I could in my teens and earlier 20's). This time, we're going until our son's second birthday, which is July 1st. And to celebrate his birthday, I'm making a homemade "Paleo" (but not Whole30) cake. I really hope that by then, I will have overcome enough of the mental struggle and will have a better realization of just how important eating like this is for me.

Does anyone else seem to be really, I mean really thirsty in between meals. I use to drink like two large glasses of water when I eat and now only have one but during the day I drink and drink and drink. I know it is good for me and I have always been a water drinker but man I am so thirsty. Just wondering.

We get really thirsty between meals and part of it I think is just that our bodies need extra water when they're eating less carbs (I forget why, I just remember that from when I did a zero carb diet a while back) but also look at the foods that you're eating. I make a mean pumpkin curry and it tastes great, but it can also be salty if we eat enough of it and then I end up having to drink a few big glasses before bed. (Which means I'm up in the middle of the night using the bathroom). Some foods just naturally have more salt...so maybe that's part of it?

Belinda:

Honestly didn't see your post on pork. This is a Pulled Pork Recipe I got off a great Paleo website. My house smells fantastic, I need to be home all day or some of it because it goes in the crockpot on high for 6 hrs then low for 5 hours....It's a weekend recipe but I am off this week so.......

http://everydaypaleo.com/beyond-easy-pulled-pork/

there is the link....My husband and adult sons go NUTS over this recipe.....

I think that it make sense that our bodies confused hunger for thirst. Another change I have noticed is that my food doesn't need as much salt to make it taste good. I think it is because my taste buds have changed and I actually like that taste of my food and it is satisfying.

I agree that If I didn't have these forums I would have a harder time. I am the only one in my house doing whole 30. Thanks for all the support and also what you all write helps me. ;)

Ok......confession time. Remember how much I dont have a need for the foods I didnt eat but do have a craving to get on the scale....well today I went to the doctor, told the nurse I didnt want to know what I weigh but I ended up seeing it on my check out paper, I wasnt looking for it. I was looking at my blood pressure, take meds for it, but it has been down lately.......AND my weight was right in my face.......NOW this is why I have all of you to support me AND a different out look on what makes a difference, how i feel or what I weight.~~~~~~No weight loss at all. But I have been losing inches I know because my clothes are getting so loose on me.

So on I go for the next two weeks, would normally have quit after seeing that BUT...I really am changing my attitude about it all.

As always thanks for listening~~~~

Carolyn - good for you for keeping on! It is entirely possible that the doctors scale is different from yours and you really are down some weight, so definitely don't give it a second thought.

Cravings? Is it weird that I crave hard boiled eggs when just three months ago, I hated them? I forced myself to eat one during my last whole30 because I was in an airport with no other clean protein options. It was a little gross to me, but I managed to choke it down. Somehow, on that trip, I got used to them because I had to rely on them two other times as well. Now I find that I actually crave them. I had to learn how to cook them myself since it was never a skill that I bothered to master in my previous 45 years of life!

Overall, I'm doing really, really well. I'm definitely to the 'tiger blood' stage. I'm exuberant, feeling absolutely vibrant and in a supremely positive frame of mind. Contrary to some of you guys, I don't feel much slimmer at all. In comparison to other Whole30's, this one seems much less outwardly obvious. BUT, inwardly, this one is by far my best one yet. Happy girl here!

Hi everyone. . .I totally fell off at dinner last night. I was at my book group where we have a light dinner and i did not call ahead, or eat beforehand. One bowl of soup - and strawberries. The soup was a double whammy because it had both wild rice and cream in it. I just ate the bowl I was served and was hungry by the time I left so had some pulled pork when I got home. I am thinking that grains are not good for me after dealing with some diarrhea this morning. So sorry if that is tmi.

Right in the middle of the whole30 I did this to myself. I am back on the wagon and was quite torn to have to do that last night. Just shows the need to plan ahead.

So proud of all of you who continue to eat well and be good to yourselves!

Ruthanne

Does anyone else seem to be really, I mean really thirsty in between meals. I use to drink like two large glasses of water when I eat and now only have one but during the day I drink and drink and drink. I know it is good for me and I have always been a water drinker but man I am so thirsty. Just wondering.

That happened to me on my first Whole30 but not this one. In fact, I feel like I'm not drinking enough water some days!

Ok......confession time. Remember how much I dont have a need for the foods I didnt eat but do have a craving to get on the scale....well today I went to the doctor, told the nurse I didnt want to know what I weigh but I ended up seeing it on my check out paper, I wasnt looking for it. I was looking at my blood pressure, take meds for it, but it has been down lately.......AND my weight was right in my face.......NOW this is why I have all of you to support me AND a different out look on what makes a difference, how i feel or what I weight.~~~~~~No weight loss at all. But I have been losing inches I know because my clothes are getting so loose on me.

Carolyn, have no fear, it is all good! First, you can't compare your doctor's scale to the home scale. There is often a BIG difference. Second, I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning buck naked before getting into the shower. If I weigh myself at 5pm there can be a 3 lb difference. Third, you are not done yet. For me, the magic happens at the end of week 3 and for some it takes longer. If you feel your body changing it is....go by clothes etc....it's a better barometer.

Getting through day 16; I have a wicked Migraine and usually want comfort food; but I have been uber compliant...I had a bit more coffee than usual trying to kick this migraine. Going to bed early.

I can't stop weighing myself and that is a problem. Everyday, I say, I am not going to do it and than...I do it anyway; down a few pounds, but I get greedy and want MORE, QUICKER. (not a healthy attitude) However; my clothes are fitting differently, so that matters. Such automatic/addictive thinking....You are all doing amazing; inspire me and honestly keep me going on this plan. I can't imagine at this point just "going back" to eating junk. Good Luck as everyone moves into day 17! Off to bed to sleep off ( I pray ) this migraine.

Hi folks...can't believe we are two weeks in already. I just had brekkie: lamb slices and cooked spinach with olive oil. This is starting to feel normal to me. I have NO cravings whatsoever.

What I have noticed is that food is kind of boring. Because I have been so busy caring for my parents after my dad's heart attack, I haven't had time to fuss with any meals: no stir fries, casseroles, chilis, etc. I just throw a hunk of meat or fish into a pot and braise it or roast it, and then add frozen or fresh veggies and that's it. Whatever is quick and effortless.

So with that boredom, I find I am really just eating to hunger. Unless I am really hungry, I just don't care all that much. It's especially noticeable because I am doing the autoimmune protocol---no nuts, no eggs, no nightshades. BORING. But I am starting to feel better. It's hard to put into words, because I have so far to go for vibrant health. But I am noticing a shift towards more wellbeing.

It's all good!

Pea

Made a great dinner tonight. Put some coconut oil in my big cast iron pot, laid cut up carrots around and onion. Put in some chicken thighs more onions on top and put some trader joes south African seasoning on it, closed the lid and let it cook at about 350 till the chicken was tender. It was so good :P I had a half sweet potato and green beans with it. My kids ate it up.

Trying to be more focused these last 2 weeks. Off to get some port butt for dinner this weekend.

happy day ya'll,

Carolyn

quiet day on this forum...hungry day in my house; I relate to the boredom factor and that is only because I havent been able to get out shopping; salmon burgers for dinner...some cabbage and rutabega (or something like that) from my local health food store; headache a bit better but energy low. going to get some exercise in after dinner. Hope everyone is hanging in....I can hear a pin drop up in here today:-)

Losing track of the days, but I think it's 17? yes?

I am just so bored with food. This is actually a good thing, it's not pushing me to eat more, on the contrary, it just means I only care to eat because I am actually hungry.

I haven't had time to fuss with my food at all, so it's been very, very basic.

I am going to need to continue with this for some time, so I hope I have more room to get a little creative with meals.

Pea

Today has been hard for me. I had a tonnn of cravings and even bought chocolate covered banana chips at the mall and walked around the whole mall with them in my purse, but threw them out after :) praising The Lord I didn't give in because my old, binge eating self would definitely have gobbled them up! I'm disappointed that I even bought them but just focusing on the fact that I didn't eat them :)

Went to NYC for the day. Had lunch and dinner there and stayed 100 per cent compliant. I am so proud of myself. My weakness is Magnolia Bakery cupcakes. I passed it 3 times and didn't go in despite my hubs urgings. We ate at a steakhouse in midtown and we walked up the stairs to be seated and they had mile high cakes and desserts displayed. My hubs was begging me, I said NO but you can. He said "I can't do that to you"....it's bad enough I am drinking beer in front of you....I could really care less. I ate crabmeat and Caeser salad with no cheese or croutons. All is well on day 18. If I can just get through Easter Sunday, I will be golden. Snuck on the scale this am and have lost 9 lbs! I am crazy happy. If I can total out 10 this go around that would be a great start!

I have also added my walking/ski walking/running program back in since Saturday. I have clocked 15 miles thus far since Saturday....

. Snuck on the scale this am and have lost 9 lbs! I am crazy happy. If I can total out 10 this go around that would be a great start!

I wish I had lost that much by now. I just had that one time at the doctors to see my weight and I really dont understand "no loss at all" I have gone off wheat/bread ect before and lost like 7 in a weeks so I just dont get it. Really hoping it all drops off this next 2 weeks.

I wish I had lost that much by now. I just had that one time at the doctors to see my weight and I really dont understand "no loss at all" I have gone off wheat/bread ect before and lost like 7 in a weeks so I just dont get it. Really hoping it all drops off this next 2 weeks.

Do not weigh yourself !! You really have to trust the Whole30 program. Weighing yourself halfway through messes with your head!!!

Today has been hard for me. I had a tonnn of cravings and even bought chocolate covered banana chips at the mall and walked around the whole mall with them in my purse, but threw them out after :) praising The Lord I didn't give in because my old, binge eating self would definitely have gobbled them up! I'm disappointed that I even bought them but just focusing on the fact that I didn't eat them :)

AWESOME! You didn't eat them AND you didn't bring them home! That to me is a super victory!!

Archived