Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

Happy day 8 everyone! I've had a cold for two days so I am hoping that subsides soon! High stress this week with finals (and yes, usually everyone around me "let's go" of healthy eating during finals week...but not me!) I'm praying for a good week and strength to keep to the whole30! I've noticed my skin is less dry and the circles under my eyes from sleeplessness have gotten better! Along with being able to sleep better!

Has anyone noticed positive changes yet? Good luck all!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 8. I've been mentally cheating, and grazing all weekend. January/February I was pretty dedicated to at least having the food dialed in, this second stab at W30 I have much less enthusiasm and resolve. That is par for the course for me. I try out a new way of eating, get bored after 8 wks or so. Family has no desire to change eating habits, at least not any time soon, and deadlines/pressure at work make me want to just forget about this right now. Ugh. I'm not on template at breakfast: too much fat not enough veggie content. Was so close to diving into birthday cake yesterday and today there is chocolate chip cheesecake with ganache at work for someone's birthday. Yikes! I need to find my willpower. Maybe need to reread It Starts With Food. Program my S.A.D. Diet brain.

Day 8. I've been mentally cheating, and grazing all weekend. January/February I was pretty dedicated to at least having the food dialed in, this second stab at W30 I have much less enthusiasm and resolve. That is par for the course for me. I try out a new way of eating, get bored after 8 wks or so. Family has no desire to change eating habits, at least not any time soon, and deadlines/pressure at work make me want to just forget about this right now. Ugh. I'm not on template at breakfast: too much fat not enough veggie content. Was so close to diving into birthday cake yesterday and today there is chocolate chip cheesecake with ganache at work for someone's birthday. Yikes! I need to find my willpower. Maybe need to reread It Starts With Food. Program my S.A.D. Diet brain.

This is my second (I did my first in Jan and then Feb stayed about 95% compliant) and I was struggling this weekend too. Don't give in! I am feeling much better today and more in the spirit of things again. That first weekend is just tough...but the magic is just around the corner! Plus, the trees are blooming here and my allergies are fine. So awesome.

Hey all! I haven't been online much all weekend (typical for me) but I wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still going strong. This Whole60 has been really different from past ones for me. I'm not sure why, but my symptoms are ridiculously mild and I'm noticing all kinds of other crazy things. Like the other morning, I all of a sudden noticed that my sense of taste was super strong. I mean, I could taste all these undertones to my coffee (same coffee I make every day) that weren't there last week! Cravings have been there, but not all that strong yet. They are mostly more like 'suggestions'. :P

I had to make a run to a local mall over the weekend (I cannot remember the last time I was inside a regular mall!) and the smells of the food places was like an assault on my brain. Initially, it smelled good but it was a matter of minutes before I felt like I was walking around a Yankee Candle place and getting a headache. Then we did walk past a Yankee Candle place (and a Bath and Body Works) and I couldn't take it. I just wanted fresh air!!!

On the plus side, my Whole Foods has finally started carrying Tessamae's dressings!! YAY!! I think I may have done a little 'happy dance' right there in the store and embarrassed my husband. We went a little crazy and bought two dressings, the BBQ sauce and the wing sauce. I have one of the dressings to have with my salad at lunch today and I can't wait to try it. It certainly smelled delicious as I packed it up this morning.

Happy Week Two to everyone!!

Day 7 yesterday, made it though thankfully! Hubby and I spent the day with my fam and while they usually have something healthy in the fridge, nada this day. Plenty of other things though...! Ended up having too many fruit and nuts, but now I know better what my limits for those are. I would never have suspected nuts, but good to find out sooner than later, eh?

Today is going well, it's food prep day again. Got to pull out the mince, chicken, beef, and veggies for a cook-up. Another batch of mayo and maybe some of the other Well Fed sauces. Does anyone have a fav yet?

I must have missed the whole new page of posts... :)

Also, I can't believe it, I had a food dream. A real one. I woke up wondering if I'd actually eaten frozen yogurt or not, and then thinking, "Oh man, I have to start over now." It's something I never eat either, so weird!

I also started my first whole 30 on the 11th of March. So far so good. I am suprised that I haven't been having sugar cravings. I think the sweet potatoes are helping. I have been going through not weighing myself problems but I have not stepped on the darn scale! I am suppose to be going to Weight watcher...I am paying for it monthly....but I haven't gone yet because I know they will weigh me in. My plan was to tell them not to tell me if I lost or gained. What worries me is that they will "celebrate" a 5 pounds loss and then I will know.

Made it through my daughters birthday party yesterday with no problems. Of course I have someone else make the cake, LOL.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Carolyn

I also started my first whole 30 on the 11th of March. So far so good. I am suprised that I haven't been having sugar cravings. I think the sweet potatoes are helping. I have been going through not weighing myself problems but I have not stepped on the darn scale! I am suppose to be going to Weight watcher...I am paying for it monthly....but I haven't gone yet because I know they will weigh me in. My plan was to tell them not to tell me if I lost or gained. What worries me is that they will "celebrate" a 5 pounds loss and then I will know.

Made it through my daughters birthday party yesterday with no problems. Of course I have someone else make the cake, LOL.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Carolyn

My advice would be to ditch WW for this month. !!

Yes, ditch WW! I've been struggling with the temptation to weigh but I really want to give this program a chance to work in its entirety.

On another note...I think my cold has turned into the flu. SO sick! And I'm having awful cravings of warm, carby, bready goodness but I know that is just because I am sick and wanting my version of comfort foods! Staying strong!

Mid Afternoon (3.30) on Day 8. I am so sleepy, but full from lunch - leftovers of ground beef/sweet potato/green pepper has with two hard boiled eggs. I am waiting for the energy to come on. Is this because I ate too big a lunch? Nothing available to eat - and I'm not hungry so I won't even be going there! But a little sugar sounds good in the form of a cookie. Ugh.

Stay strong @Tveen - sounds like you are doing really well.

@Carolyn CH - I'm with the others - one thing at a time - I would say wait and do WW another time. With WW I always felt like I was thinking about food/planning food/thinking about points/figuring ways around things with extra exercise, etc. . . This Whole30 is the opposite - I am not thinking about food at all during the day, and it doesn't matter to me. . . Just my 2cents!

Be well all of you! -Ruthanne

Way to go Pea! You have been going through a lot. I have to say, I admire your strength! Congrats on sticking through the plan and lean on us if it gets too crazy. Kudos!

Thank you so much for the words of support, Belinda. It means a lot! I don't see how eating crap is going to help me; I am getting a kind of satisfaction from knowing I am doing good things for my poor, tired, stressed body. What amazes me is how easy it is to stay away from sugary junk foods that might have otherwise tempted me as a kind of comfort. It's kind of like this plan strips away everything from food that isn't just about satisfying hunger and nutritional needs. I typically am a great one for an evening TV snack. Now, don't get wrong, most of the time that was a bowl of full fat plain yogurt with nuts and a dab of jelly, but the fact is that I am just not hungry after dinner.

If the body's communication to one's brain about food is like a telephone line, it's as if there had been static, and now the signal's clear.

Pea

Yes, ditch WW! I've been struggling with the temptation to weigh but I really want to give this program a chance to work in its entirety.

On another note...I think my cold has turned into the flu. SO sick! And I'm having awful cravings of warm, carby, bready goodness but I know that is just because I am sick and wanting my version of comfort foods! Staying strong!

feel better...so challenging when you r sick. soup maybe??

O.k Day 9....staying the course but last night at midnight wanted to dump an entire box of grahmn crackers in milk and eat...but I didn't...that is a miracle because the craving was crazy.

Going shopping at whole foods today because I have to stir things up or I am going to slip; boredom is a big thing for me, need to get creative with the food.

Worked 13 hours yesterday and I think that is why staying solid during the day was easy and i had the serious midnight munchies.

the fruit in coconut milk helped...(a bit) still craving cake and bread and cereal.

time to get out of my boring funk and find some interesting, cravebusting blends.

We shall see.

keep it up all; seems everyone is doing great.

peace and health.

You guys are scaring me a bit! I don't know why, but my cravings have been so mild this time around. Reading all these stories makes me worried I'm going to be blind-sided soon! ;)

For those who are craving sugar - don't feed it with fruit. That'll just make it worse. Feed it with fat (like avocado) or something really decadent (mmmm, steak!).

I did go to bed with a mild headache and it's still hanging around in the fringes today. I assume it's from the change in diet, but it could just be a regular old headache, I suppose. I dug into our chest freezer this morning for more grass-fed ground beef and I discovered a 3-4 lb freezer bag of pork shoulder already pre-cut for carnitas. I'm so excited to make those again (from Well Fed) this weekend!

Thanks ya'll! I think you are right, I will just skip weight watchers for the whole 30 days Im doing this. :P It is true that your are consitantly thinking about food on weight watchers. I went about 6 months paying and not going I can do it for 30 days :rolleyes:

I feel so good today. I love not worrying about weighing the food I eat. I eat when I am hungry and stop when Im full. Never done that before.

Making hot wings tonight...so excited!

Have a great day everyone!

I think you're making a good decision @Carolyn! It is so freeing to not think about food/weigh it/ and just pay attention to your body. I feel like I am more present in the rest of my life instead of having food thoughts in the back of my mind.

I got some Cilantro Lime Shrimp at Costco yesterday and had a few when I got home, thinking this was such good protein to hold me over until dinner. Not. I had a few more this morning and then my daughter said "Can we have these?" - she was looking at the label and said "no" - canola oil and whey powder was in the list of ingredients. I was so mad and disappointed. I didn't even think to read the label because I thought Cilantro + Lime = Okay. . . watch that everyone. I feel like I do a good job of this and I failed at this one.

Onward today however. I am still so tired - slept about nine hours last night an could have slept more. Still waiting for that energy boost to kick in.

Ruthanne

Hello everyone! Happy day 9! Still sick today but sticking to the program. I am going to Disneyland on Friday after my finals are over with my boyfriend....already researching menus and packing my lunch with me! We save money this way too! Since everything at Disneyland is triple the cost anywhere else, plus pretty unhealthy!

Good luck today, everybody! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Day 9 already! Yesterday went well, cooked masses of good food. A friend came over just as I was taking cumin roasted carrots (Well Fed) out of the oven and we stood by the stove and ate them before dinner. So good!

Not sure if I'm getting the bug going around or if it's just a few off days, but I'm a bit of a sicky today. Had a harder time eating b'fast. Hoping some peppermint tea and a nap will perk me up.

Disneyland sounds fun right now! We're planning a family trip to Disneyworld for our next holiday and even though it's super far away, I'm excited already :)

This morning had a burger made from a mixture of grassfed beef and liver ground together---special order from my farmer. Ate that on top of some raw arugala, sauerkraut, topped with olive oil and some black olives.

Lunch: home chicken bone broth with grassfed beef meatballs, arugala, onions. So yummy.

Dinner will be lamb neck bones braised in chicken broth with onions and brussel sprouts.

I'm doing so well without eggs!

Thank you so much for the words of support, Belinda. It means a lot! I don't see how eating crap is going to help me; I am getting a kind of satisfaction from knowing I am doing good things for my poor, tired, stressed body. What amazes me is how easy it is to stay away from sugary junk foods that might have otherwise tempted me as a kind of comfort. It's kind of like this plan strips away everything from food that isn't just about satisfying hunger and nutritional needs. I typically am a great one for an evening TV snack. Now, don't get wrong, most of the time that was a bowl of full fat plain yogurt with nuts and a dab of jelly, but the fact is that I am just not hungry after dinner.

If the body's communication to one's brain about food is like a telephone line, it's as if there had been static, and now the signal's clear.

Pea

You are so welcome! That's what this group is all about, support and encouragement! I absolutely love it and it keeps me motivated!

I have been thinking about how I feel and comparing it to how I felt a little over a week ago and I can't understand why I didn't do this sooner! I have a friend who has been working out quite heavily and trying to maintain a diet of less than 1500 calories to lose weight. He has been complaining about his knee arthritis flaring up and how tired he is. It's no wonder with the little to no fuel he's providing his body to support his daily 2 hour workout routine. I wish I could get him to convert as this way of eating would support his workouts and probably get him faster results than the dangerous method he is using. I know because I have been down that path before and the results don't last and the dangerous caloric restriction isn't sustainable. It takes superhero will power to not cheat or quit altogether.

Long story short, what he's feeling every day reminds me that I made a great choice doing my Whole30!

Soooooo....everyone seems to be hanging in there.

Here is what my day looked liked and today my new BFF is Butternut Squash.

Breakfast; coffee; coconut milk

veggie; cauliflower, spinach, broccoli in curry spices EGG scramble...I only had one egg left but I was o.k with that, but got hungry earlier.

Lunch: Tuna (from whole earth) with lemon, dill, roasted red peppers, calamata olives, over salad (with olive oil and apple cider vinegar)

Dinner: Bolognese Sauce, Made with ground turkey and compliant tomato sauce....My kids had it over fussilli with grated cheese

I Had it over Butternut Squash which I sauteed in chicken broth and evoo, rosemary, and garlic and "mashed it"

It tasted great and I kind of felt like I was having a bowl of pasta because I got to eat the meat sauce!

Fruit; blueberry/half banana and sliced strawberry small bowl.

whipped up some coconut milk and put about two tablespoons on top.

Feeling FULLLLLL and satisfyed....I am sorry to say my sugar cravings are still present, but I am just ignorning them at this point.

By Sugar I actually mean, cupcakes.

Peace and Health.

Soooooo....everyone seems to be hanging in there.

Here is what my day looked liked and today my new BFF is Butternut Squash.

Breakfast; coffee; coconut milk

veggie; cauliflower, spinach, broccoli in curry spices EGG scramble...I only had one egg left but I was o.k with that, but got hungry earlier.

Lunch: Tuna (from whole earth) with lemon, dill, roasted red peppers, calamata olives, over salad (with olive oil and apple cider vinegar)

Dinner: Bolognese Sauce, Made with ground turkey and compliant tomato sauce....My kids had it over fussilli with grated cheese

I Had it over Butternut Squash which I sauteed in chicken broth and evoo, rosemary, and garlic and "mashed it"

It tasted great and I kind of felt like I was having a bowl of pasta because I got to eat the meat sauce!

Fruit; blueberry/half banana and sliced strawberry small bowl.

whipped up some coconut milk and put about two tablespoons on top.

Feeling FULLLLLL and satisfyed....I am sorry to say my sugar cravings are still present, but I am just ignorning them at this point.

By Sugar I actually mean, cupcakes.

Peace and Health.

Just remembered I was starving during my food shopping so I had cashews and some Heirloom tomatoes...which is NEVER a snack I would have had; but Go figure...I liked it and it tasted sweet!

Archived