Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

Day 9 already! Yesterday went well, cooked masses of good food. A friend came over just as I was taking cumin roasted carrots (Well Fed) out of the oven and we stood by the stove and ate them before dinner. So good!

Not sure if I'm getting the bug going around or if it's just a few off days, but I'm a bit of a sicky today. Had a harder time eating b'fast. Hoping some peppermint tea and a nap will perk me up.

Disneyland sounds fun right now! We're planning a family trip to Disneyworld for our next holiday and even though it's super far away, I'm excited already :)

I love disneyworld; went last november with my kids, husband and other family...AWESOMENESS

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pea - your breakfast sounds good! (I don't think I've ever eaten lamb neck bones even though I love lamb).

I had the 'Jicama Oatmeal' mentioned in another thread. I made it last night and while I wouldn't really compare it to oatmeal (except that it's hot and you eat it out of a bowl), I liked it. It was a nice change of pace. My husband (not on a Whole30) ate his with added fruit and honey but even just plain (with blueberry sausage on the side), it was tasty.

I was moody and blue last night and still a little bit today as well. Just looked in my old log and sure enough, noticed the same thing at day 9 - 10 on my last Whole30, too. Odd. Physically, I feel damn good though!

Feeling good today; craving....a STEAK. which is good to crave since I can have it. I am learning to say "I don't eat that" rather than "I can't eat that"...

Have energy today and I find the nights the hardest since I am not a good sleeper and tend to wander around a bit...ultimately looking in cabinets.

What can now only be known as the "gramhn cracker phenomenon" took over AGAIN at midnight; it is my desire to dump said box of crackers in milk and eat the whole thing (day 3)

I instead, had left over squash and meat from dinner and was o.k...but man when it takes hold, it's like crazy addict kinda crave.

You would think I would throw the box out, but NO, I leave it as some kind of will power/sabatoge test. Good news the box has barely any left...so tonight should not be too bad.

Something about making it to day 10 gives me renewed energy! Thank you for all of your posts, as they are inspiring to me!!! I wish we could all meet up, just that minor difficulty of being all over the country and world for that matter.

Keep on every one....Peace, Health and Veggies.

Kristy

Just made the chicken off "the clothes make the girl" site and it really was the BEST chicken ever! I highly recommend it! Also I wrote this on my log but wanted to copy/paste it here as well to see if anyone else is having a similar experience...good luck to you all and happy day 10!

"I am loving the non-calorie counting and just learning to listen to my body for cues! I'm also realizing the first 2 hours after meals is when I am hungriest which is strange but now I realized why! I used to chew gum NONSTOP before starting my whole30. I kid you not, at least a pack a day. I used to chew right after meals so I think this is the sensation I miss! 2 hours after a meal, I still feel like eating, and THEN the full feeling kicks in. Does anyone else experience this? So happy I'm off gum!"

Still doing all right here. I had a scramble for breakfast today: sausage, onions, butternut squash, zuccini and egg. For lunch a made a big pot of green curry with chicken and ton of veggies. My kids ate some over rice. I had it over butternut squash. Supper was a big salad with roasted beets and a well-seasoned hamburger patty. Snack was a handful of cashews.

I've been craving chocolate, and I really wanted some red wine with my steak yesterday, and white wine with my fish. Habits..huh?

Keep at it, everyone.

Had a pretty good Day 10. I was a tad moody today, which was actually a first for me since I started the Whole30. I felt great and energy was no issue. I super cleaned an rearranged half my home.

Food today was no issue. I had squash, zucchini, eggs, and ground beef topped with spinach for breakfast. I ate lunch out with my youngest kiddo. We went to a restaurant owned by a woman with gluten allergies, so the whole menu is tailored to whole foods and Whole30 friendly meats. Yippee!!! I ordered a "bowl" dish and subbed spinach for the whole grain rice and added tomato, mushrooms, zucchini, egg, and chicken sausage. It was phenomenal! We also ordered kale chips and unsweetened iced green tea. Dinner was chicken, sweet potato, and salad with a little strawberry, coconut flake, and dressed with creamy Italian (made from Well Fed).

This girl is now exhausted and has to be at work in 8 hours, so it's bedtime. Hope everyone else had a great day!

Had to make my trip to Atlanta today. I go with my friend about every 6-8 weeks to get stuff for my business. We always go out to eat. NOT today. I am not ready to try to figure out a menu yet. I brought my lunch and some snacks. We ended up out really late and I didnt get home till 8pm....way past hungry by then. I had to find some stuff I already had cooked in fridge but it was not much and then made some bacon and had some berries and coconut milk. I dont like eating this late and must plan better next time.

I love reading what you all post for meals cause it gives me Ideas what I might like to have. I think its funny that we seem to think nothing of having some sort of "dinner" for breakfast getting in a great balance of veggies through the day.

Heres to a great day 11!!! BTW my moods have not changed much but I have been waking in the night still. Need to get a good night sleep, hope it happens soon.

I slept last night REALLY well!!!!! Considering the stresses in my life (Dad in hospital post heart attack, caring for mom and disabled adult son) and considering I haven't had a good night's sleep in over a week, this is AMAZING. I also felt the high-anxiety, shaky resolving. Sure, some of this is just feeling like the acute crisis of almost losing my dad is over; we are in another phase, that of adjusting to his new medical problems. But I slept a deep, restorative sleep. I had a cup of kava kava tea before bed, this might have helped, too. Despite all my medical issues, I AM TAKING NO PRESCRIBED DRUGS!!!!

To all you young(er) people out there: PLEASE take good care of yourselves. I grew up in the 50s and 60s, when convenience foods first the hit the market. I was drinking Tab (a diet cola with artificial sweetener) when I was a young girl--maybe 13. We ate crackers, bread, cookies, cakes, frozen TV dinners all processed foods. Now I am paying the price at age 57. I feel like 67. I am trusting in my body, knowing my body has full capacity to heal itself. But it's far easier to prevent the kinds of problems I have then to reverse them. Stay strong, companions! You've only got one body: cherish it, care for it, love it.

Since I made a big pot of that lamb neck stew, I had a little more of it for brekkie today: the lamb, brussel sprouts, and I tossed in a cooked beet and turnip. Very filling and yummy.

I am going out to dinner tonight at a steakhouse with a friend (who is also on whole30) so it will be easy-ish. The only temptation for me will be wanting a glass of red wine with dinner. I will look for a fish entrée with cooked veggies and a salad, most likely. I am treating myself after a full week of taking care of mom and dad. Today I have to take my mom to the market---I go to the farmer's market on Saturday, myself.

Pea

o.k....here it goes....I am on day 11 and If I am going to work an honest program, I can't pretend this didn't happen.

At 11;40 pm last night...THE grahmn crackers one out...I dumped them in a bowl of coconut milk and ate about 10. I wanted to lie, but that serves no purpose. I was feeling super guilty and horrible, but then I started with a new outlook for day 11.

I can't explain what made last night worse, or unbearable, but I suspect it was overworked, underfed, (didn't have a proper lunch) and then exhaustion (have a sleep issue, as I mentioned). I hope ya'll still like me...

I will not hate myself for this as this will set me up for failure; I had cauliflower and beef for breakfast (left over from dinner)

Ummmm....I don't know what to say except...sorry?? I am back full force today and other than the "grahmn cracker" incident; yesterdays food was pretty stellar whole 9.

Let's hope it's a new day; I wish I could just knock myself out past 11 pm and temptation would be gone.

Moving on; having salmon for lunch with veggies....Praying to the whole 9 goddess's for my continued perseverance....( I am not known for my consistency)

Peace, Health and a teensy bit of shame on my part.

Kristy ; Keep up the good work soldiers!!!

Kristy, no shame! It isn't like you went out and mugged a little old lady!

The important thing is to learn from what happened. Clearly, you cannot keep graham crackers in the house, and just as clearly you need to have more good food available to you, and a plan for what to eat should you need something late at night.

Here are some suggestions: baked a big batch of sweet potatoes and have them in your frig. You can heat some up with a fair bit of olive oil or coconut oil or ghee (yum). These are good substitutes for your nighttime grahams.

I have sleep issues as well, and I find kava kava tea at bedtime a huge help. Sleepytime teas of all sorts help, but kava kava really is sedating for me.

I find I can't cheat on an impulse if the stuff isn't in my house.

Reset yourself and keep on keepin' on! You've had far more success than slippage.

Pea

Yup! The shame is what gets you! I know for me, if I used to make a "poor" nutritional choice (let's say a B+ instead of an A) I'd take it all the way to an F by making the worst possible choices afterwards too! Your attitude is great...it happened, and now it's time to move on!

Good luck to you all today!

thank you both...it's ridiculous how I feel so disappointed; but this is the good part of the forum...I don't know what it is (Possible pms) but I could cry. trying so hard. well; thanks to me, the crackers are gone; it is hard because I have two young boys and they want cereal and that is also a trigger food for me!!! time to lock up the cereal, hand it over to husband and have him "distribute" the cereal, as needed to the kids...LOL.

A better day is in store for me and I am getting the Kava kava!!! thanks soooooo much for your kind words...it helps a lot.

Peace, Health and "shameless"

Kristy - good for you for coming clean and do not beat yourself up about it. No guilt. Just a slip.

Move forward like you are doing and as I've seen recommended by moderators to others, just tack 10 days on at the end to ensure you get the full 30 days of healing good foods without interruptions.

And from my own experience, stay on the alert. Your cravings for those suckers (or other such treats) will likely be strong for a few days now!

For me, today is much better. I feel like my moodiness is gone. I also discovered that today is day one of that time of the month, so my moodiness might have been Whole30, but it also might have just been my normal cycle. Maybe it got amplified this time around? Either way, I feel great today so I'm pleased.

Since I'm doing a Whole60, I'm debating asking my husband if he'll join me for the last 30. His eating habits lately are worrying me a bit (even though he still eats my healthy meals with me).

Woke up to sunshine and a beautiful day! I'm feeling the good sleep magic and it is so wonderful! I've always had trouble sleeping and have done countless things to improve it, but the quality/quantity has been so miserable I've taken to functioning on as little sleep as necessary. But the past two nights have been great!

HB eggs, sweet potato for b'fast, and some leftover veggies. I cooked so much on Monday, but my husband (who dropped out on me on day 2) has been making his way very quickly though everything I'd prepared :) At least I know the recipes are winners! Got to bake up some more chicken and make soup this evening. Thinking about Chocolate Chili as well, the recipe looks great!

Happy day 11! (already?!)

I love disneyworld; went last november with my kids, husband and other family...AWESOMENESS

Was the remodel finished? I can't wait to see everything! We were there in 2008 for my Mom's 50th after she recovered from a stem cell transplant, also during the holidays. It was an incredible time! Now, 5 years later we'll be there for her remission from stage 4 non-Hodgkin lymphoma (yay!) and for me, hubby, and father to run marathon weekend. Excited!!

Was the remodel finished? I can't wait to see everything! We were there in 2008 for my Mom's 50th after she recovered from a stem cell transplant, also during the holidays. It was an incredible time! Now, 5 years later we'll be there for her remission from stage 4 non-Hodgkin lymphoma (yay!) and for me, hubby, and father to run marathon weekend. Excited!!

some of the remodel was; but not all...what a beautiful thing to celebrate! enjoy every second!!!!

Kristy - good for you for coming clean and do not beat yourself up about it. No guilt. Just a slip.

Move forward like you are doing and as I've seen recommended by moderators to others, just tack 10 days on at the end to ensure you get the full 30 days of healing good foods without interruptions.

And from my own experience, stay on the alert. Your cravings for those suckers (or other such treats) will likely be strong for a few days now!

For me, today is much better. I feel like my moodiness is gone. I also discovered that today is day one of that time of the month, so my moodiness might have been Whole30, but it also might have just been my normal cycle. Maybe it got amplified this time around? Either way, I feel great today so I'm pleased.

Since I'm doing a Whole60, I'm debating asking my husband if he'll join me for the last 30. His eating habits lately are worrying me a bit (even though he still eats my healthy meals with me).

I am hoping you meant tack "1" day on at the end, lol, since I only had one slip:-) It had been a really good eating day till the evil grahmn crackers beckoned me. Today has been great so far! thanks for your support!!!

It is so nice to read all of your comments and suggestions and support for each other. I am starting Day 11 and am feeling good. I did not pack a lunch today (woke up late from a great sleep!) so will figure something out at the cafe here at work.

Probably will have some left over chicken for dinner with one of the great spice/sauce additions from the recipes in the book. I sure feel thinner, and would really love to get on the scale, but am trying to just stick with the program.

I hope you all have a great day!

Ruthanne

I am hoping you meant tack "1" day on at the end, lol, since I only had one slip:-) It had been a really good eating day till the evil grahmn crackers beckoned me. Today has been great so far! thanks for your support!!!

Actually, no, it's 10 because you slipped on day 10 so to get 30 full days of clean eating, it would mean adding 10 to the remaining 20 left. Sorry! That's just a recommendation though and of course, I'm no moderator. ;)

mrsjessica - I have similar sleep patterns as you and good sleep is one of the things that keeps bringing me back to the Whole30! Your disney trip sounds wonderful. Cancer remission and marathons? Sounds like lots of awesome things to celebrate!

Actually, no, it's 10 because you slipped on day 10 so to get 30 full days of clean eating, it would mean adding 10 to the remaining 20 left. Sorry! That's just a recommendation though and of course, I'm no moderator. ;)

mrsjessica - I have similar sleep patterns as you and good sleep is one of the things that keeps bringing me back to the Whole30! Your disney trip sounds wonderful. Cancer remission and marathons? Sounds like lots of awesome things to celebrate!

yeah...not happening for me over grahmn crackers:) this is the cleanest I have eaten in my life, so I will stick with one extra day to make up for a 10 minute slip...but I am certainly not a moderator...I just will feel discouraged if I look at it any other way. I have to think progress not perfection or I won't continue this path (but that is just my brain)...day 11 is going great.

yeah...not happening for me over grahmn crackers:) this is the cleanest I have eaten in my life, so I will stick with one extra day to make up for a 10 minute slip...but I am certainly not a moderator...I just will feel discouraged if I look at it any other way. I have to think progress not perfection or I won't continue this path (but that is just my brain)...day 11 is going great.

although, I can't imagine, changing in any big way how I am eating now after the 30. Just need to find a way to make paleo desserts...which I know there are many cook books.

o.k....here it goes....I am on day 11 and If I am going to work an honest program, I can't pretend this didn't happen.

At 11;40 pm last night...THE grahmn crackers one out...I dumped them in a bowl of coconut milk and ate about 10. I wanted to lie, but that serves no purpose. I was feeling super guilty and horrible, but then I started with a new outlook for day 11.

I can't explain what made last night worse, or unbearable, but I suspect it was overworked, underfed, (didn't have a proper lunch) and then exhaustion (have a sleep issue, as I mentioned). I hope ya'll still like me...

I will not hate myself for this as this will set me up for failure; I had cauliflower and beef for breakfast (left over from dinner)

Ummmm....I don't know what to say except...sorry?? I am back full force today and other than the "grahmn cracker" incident; yesterdays food was pretty stellar whole 9.

Let's hope it's a new day; I wish I could just knock myself out past 11 pm and temptation would be gone.

Moving on; having salmon for lunch with veggies....Praying to the whole 9 goddess's for my continued perseverance....( I am not known for my consistency)

Yes, I liked your post even though you gave into a craving. May I suggest throwing out the box to help you stay on track? I appreciate your honesty and think you can prove to yourself you can be consistent this time! Keep moving forward!

So my favorite food Is mexican. Mostly chips and salsa. Today I made some pico di gallo and put it on my salad. I realize that maybe I just like the salsa, not the chips. It was so good. I have to admitt it would be easy for me to just eat the whole bowl myself, but I know I wouldnt be able to eat my pork ! :D

I made some really good mexican chicken lime soup from, bigeatstinykitchen.com That too gave me my mexican fix!

I still have a craving to get on that dang scale...no food cravings just the "need to know", havent done it though, and dont plan to but the desire is there. :wacko:

Okay, jumping in this thread....I started a lone thread on 3/10 but it's crickets over there....so hopping in here too.

Today is day 12 of my W30....

I am doing great, No cheats.

This is my 4th W30 and I am still struggling with the 'thought' of sweets. The physical craving is GONE. Thwack to the sugar dragon for now. Lots of obstacles this and next weekend. Have a Bar Mitzvah this weekend and Easter next weekend but I will stay on today. Would love some support from you all.....I will give it back. Promise!

here is my thread with my foods

http://forum.whole9l...__fromsearch__1

Archived