Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

Okay, jumping in this thread....I started a lone thread on 3/11 but it's crickets over there....so hopping in here too.

Today is day 12 of my W30....

I am doing great, No cheats.

This is my 4th W30 and I am still struggling with the 'thought' of sweets. The physical craving is GONE. Thwack to the sugar dragon for now. Lots of obstacles this and next weekend. Have a Bar Mitzvah this weekend and Easter next weekend but I will stay on today. Would love some support from you all.....I will give it back. Promise!

here is my thread with my foods

http://forum.whole9l...__fromsearch__1

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Donna! Welcome!

OMG, you guys...I was just thrown a serious curve ball. My husband just told me that a box was delivered to our house from Legal Sea Foods. Let me preface this by saying that I now live in the Pacific Northwest but I grew up in New England (mostly the Boston area). Tomorrow is our 10 year wedding anniversary. It looks like my parents just sent us a lobster dinner for two from Legal Seafoods to celebrate! Lobster (yay!), crab cakes (boo!), clam chowder (boo!) and two pieces of Boston cream pie (boo!). They also sent a quart of crab soup for my husband (his favorite). Can I just say WAAAHHH!!! Ok, hissy fit over. I asked him to put the crab cakes, chowder and pie in the freezer for consumption in May (for his birthday) when I'm done with my Whole60 and we'll celebrate with fresh lobster and lots of drawn butter.

What a tease! ;)

o.k...dinner was amazing and I took GLC1968 advice and got some sweet pototo action going;

Made: Shrimp sauteed with olive oil, garlic and mex/cajun spices...added a few mango chunks into the sautee'

served over baked sweet potato sliced and peeled with guacamole on top.

Seriously, delicious; I never realized how much RICE and GRAIN I was eating, whether it was brown rice or quinoa...I have been so satisfied eating my main course over veggies.

Lets hope my late night stays clean:-) I am tired today, so hoping the bedtime will be early. thanks for all the love and support guys and

KUDOS to storing away all the Yum from legal seafood...that is willpower!!!

GLC....that is a tease. But hey, lobster with drawn butter is not too shabby. But, I do get the desire to have the whole kit and kaboodle.

I admire the fact you want to do a W60. I would like to say I would do the same but I can only stay in today. Too many plans for the upcoming weekends and fearful of sabbotaging myself. I get antsy around Day 21.

Kristy: here are some of my saviors during my W30s.....Sweet Potato, Avocado, Coconut Manna, Bora Bora Fireballs (Well Fed), Bowl of blueberries with whipped coconut milk and toasted coconut. These things carry me through....

Whipped coconut milk? I didn't know you could whip coconut milk! I need to do this!

Welcome, Donna! The more, the merrier.

Doing well so far. Just finished breakfast of turkey sausage and avocado over sautéed winter spinach, which I got at the farmer's market last week. I still have a small bag of arugula left from last week. Winter spinach is so SWEET!

My dad will be discharged today or tomorrow from the hospital. My parents' lives will be changed by this, and I will need to look after them more. It is a challenge and a great gift. I feel quite tender.

I haven't been able to exercise as I'd wished these past 8 days, what with taking my mom to the hospital to see dad. I am looking forward to getting them settled at home so I can take a little more care of myself.

Don't know what's for lunch or dinner but I do know I have to pay attention to food at home soon, or I shall be faced with finding something to eat when I'm too hungry to think!

Pea

I'm here to come clean. I made the conscious decision to break my Whole60 with a dessert on my anniversary. I did put away the crab cakes and clam chowder for a later date (I already know these two freeze well), but I thought long and hard about it and decided that I wanted to eat the dessert. It was not a craving. It was not a longing. It was not a 'spur of the moment weakness'. I made my decision earlier in the day before I'd even laid eyes on the thing!

It was worth every. single. bite. We had a very special evening and I'm happy with my choice.

So, today is kind of day 1. I'm back on track and feeling good about it. I'll be really curious to see what happens over the next few days in terms of sugar cravings or other reactions.

Whipped coconut milk? I didn't know you could whip coconut milk! I need to do this!

Welcome, Donna! The more, the merrier.

Doing well so far. Just finished breakfast of turkey sausage and avocado over sautéed winter spinach, which I got at the farmer's market last week. I still have a small bag of arugula left from last week. Winter spinach is so SWEET!

My dad will be discharged today or tomorrow from the hospital. My parents' lives will be changed by this, and I will need to look after them more. It is a challenge and a great gift. I feel quite tender.

I haven't been able to exercise as I'd wished these past 8 days, what with taking my mom to the hospital to see dad. I am looking forward to getting them settled at home so I can take a little more care of myself.

Don't know what's for lunch or dinner but I do know I have to pay attention to food at home soon, or I shall be faced with finding something to eat when I'm too hungry to think!

Pea

O.K first of all; i don't know what I am doing on here with quote/multi quote ect; Pea, I didn't mean to quote your whole passage; just the whipped coconut milk part.

I took coconut milk from a can; chilled it ( in can) take off top layer, leaving all the coconut "water" at bottom of can; use a hand held mixer (you can add vanilla etc) and whip to a thick cream; I got the idea from Donna and the how to; on line. I had a a couple of spoons over fruit. I would have liked to add a bit of agave to sweeten but I didn't...It was still super creamy. with pinapple it's like a pinacoladaish...banana; think banana-cream pieish...

"ish"

mrsjessica - I have similar sleep patterns as you and good sleep is one of the things that keeps bringing me back to the Whole30! Your disney trip sounds wonderful. Cancer remission and marathons? Sounds like lots of awesome things to celebrate!

It'll definitely keep me as well! At first I was wondering if it could be from W30, but I honestly can't remember a time I had (now 3!) good nights in a row. SO good!

And thanks! It's been a long time coming, so it'll make the celebrating even sweeter :)

Donna - Welcome! I've just discovered whipped coconut milk too. With berries, YUM! I'll have to make the fireballs, her cookbook is full of fantastic recipes! And 4 W30's? Wow! Hopefully that'll be me someday :)

The rest of yesterday went well for me. Made cauli-rice with peppers, onions, cinnamon, and curry spices, then mixed in garlic mince. Had that with spicy butternut squash soup. It was so good I ate it again for dinner! My favorite meal so far!

As always, still working on drinking more water...

I thought long and hard about it and decided that I wanted to eat the dessert. It was not a craving. It was not a longing. It was not a 'spur of the moment weakness'. I made my decision earlier in the day before I'd even laid eyes on the thing!

It was worth every. single. bite. We had a very special evening and I'm happy with my choice.

I admire this attitude so much. Its this healthy relationship with food that really drew me to W30, I hope I'm there with you some day! Lots of luck on your "day 1" :)

Okay, jumping in this thread....I started a lone thread on 3/10 but it's crickets over there....so hopping in here too.

Today is day 12 of my W30....

I am doing great, No cheats.

This is my 4th W30 and I am still struggling with the 'thought' of sweets. The physical craving is GONE. Thwack to the sugar dragon for now. Lots of obstacles this and next weekend. Have a Bar Mitzvah this weekend and Easter next weekend but I will stay on today. Would love some support from you all.....I will give it back. Promise!

here is my thread with my foods

http://forum.whole9l...__fromsearch__1

I'm a little behind in the thread and am just catching up. Welcome Donna, good to have you :)

Holidays and special occaisions are tough, but I'm sure you can do it! Just think, by Monday you will be half completed with your 4th (impressive btw) W30! Take your own food if possible or eat a nice, flavorful W30 meal before you go and keep a snack in your purse just in case.

Good luck and welcome again :)

I have eaten well on my W30. Part of what keeps me going is how amazing I feel, how much better I'm sleeping, how much better I'm handling stress, and Monday marks my halfway point! Just think y'all, end of Monday we will have completed 15 days! I'm quite proud of all of us!

I have not started working out. I wanted to take the first bit of this to adjust to the food changes. I feel pretty comfy with that phase, now it's time to get my rear in gear! Any suggestions? I'm really considering kettlebells. I've done them before and liked them. I think I should also start working on getting burpees (hate these!) back down as they are great for the entire body. I would love to hear your ideas or routines! I need variation in my routine.

Thanks for the kind greetings all....

GLC It was your anniversary, there is time to start again today....thanks for your honesty. It's refreshing!

Kristy How much can we laugh on a Friday night? Love our group eats on Friday. Everyone thinks we are nuts in our group on this diet...Even Shara asked me if you and I were on the same diet!

Msjessica Melissa Joulwan (the clothes make the girl) is amazing! Her website and cookbook have helped me do this thing

Belinda thanks for the welcome....I will try to be compliant for my sister's son's Bar Mitvah tomorrow. It is a posh event so hopefully there will be plenty of healthy choices!

So for the whipped cream: Put a can of coconut milk in the fridge for several hours. Next, freeze your whipping bowl and mixers for an hour or so. Whip the coconut milk on whipping speed and it whips up nice. Add some vanilla or almond extract for flavor. Toast some coconut flakes over med high heat in a non stick pan. Pour over berries.....it's a great dessert fix but also what Melissa calls SWYPO....sex with your pants on. Try not to indulge in too much of this on the W30 because it can trigger desire for more sweets. It does soothe the savage beast! If your feeling especially creative, toast some almonds as well....

Belinda: I am with you. Typically I don't exercise too strenuously during a W30, especially the first two weeks. But this week I plan to recommit to the gym. This will be 3 days of strength training/yoga/running or skiwalking. When you mix the two (diet and exercise) the magic starts to happen. Also, it has been my experience that noted change in my physique begins at the end of week 3. Always. I cheat and weigh myself on every W30 and am disappointed until the end of week 3. I average a 10lb weight loss every time. I think my body holds onto a lot of fluid while I detox and heal....Then, it drops it in good health! So if any of you are cheating and weighing yourself, there is a reason why Melissa asks us to wait the 4 weeks. It truly is changing our eating mentality. The magic happens!

Hi guys sorry not been on in a few days. All good here apart from not sleeping as well as I do normally. But otherwise dont feel anymore tired for it.

Hi to all new guys!

Well I've been exercising my butt off, more than I normally do (I luv it) haha

Hoping by the end of w30 I wil see a difference in my body.

Well nearly half way!! Can't believe it.

Although I was a little down today as sat ngt and in staying in to avoid temptation. Lol x

Day 13!!!!!! keeping on; eggs and sweet pota...for breakfast; coffee with coconut milk/

Gonna grill for dinner.

starting to notice tiny changes in my body and joint pain is GONE

keeping it up despite my moments to want to cash in my chips...for...well, chips!!! and cookies.

keep up the good work all

Belinda: I am with you. Typically I don't exercise too strenuously during a W30, especially the first two weeks. But this week I plan to recommit to the gym. This will be 3 days of strength training/yoga/running or skiwalking. When you mix the two (diet and exercise) the magic starts to happen. Also, it has been my experience that noted change in my physique begins at the end of week 3. Always. I cheat and weigh myself on every W30 and am disappointed until the end of week 3. I average a 10lb weight loss every time. I think my body holds onto a lot of fluid while I detox and heal....Then, it drops it in good health! So if any of you are cheating and weighing yourself, there is a reason why Melissa asks us to wait the 4 weeks. It truly is changing our eating mentality. The magic happens!

@Donna Thanks for the response. I am a research-a-holic (seriously, it is nearly a sickness!), so I have been looking at different gyms in my area. I've tried Crossfit and I hate saying this here, but just not quite my thing. Tried boxing, liked it, but I can't do the gym hours with my work schedule. I did find some yoga groups in my area that start various classes as late as 8 pm. I love yoga and Pilates, so I'm thinking about going that route while throwing some kettle work in at home.

Ok. Lets talk food now. This morning I used a leftover sweet potato (cut up into little bits), diced apple, ground bison, and spinach spiced with a little nutmeg and cinnamon. It was yummy! For lunch, I had chili lime wings, brussel sprouts, sliced okra with cherry and grape tomatoes cooked in coconut oil. Again yummy! Idk what's for dinner tonight. My kids are away for the evening so I'm sure something simple and W30! Have a great y'all!

Yay Day 13!! I went to Disneyland yesterday and survived! Praise The Lord :) the smells and sights were soooo tempting but I left completing my day 12 of whole 30 wooooo! Keeping on with day 13! Good luck everyone! :)

I can't believe we are almost half-way! I am honestly not counting the days because I know I need to eat this way for a long time in order to give my body the healing it needs.

Donna, thanks for the caution about whipped coconut cream; I likely will not try this for some time yet.

I'm doing pretty well considering how stressful everything is with my dad newly home after having had a heart attack. It's going to be a very busy couple of weeks coming, as I will be driving both my parents to all their myriad doctor appointments until my dad is cleared to drive and feels up to it.

Brekkie this morning was a big bowl of curried chicken and greens. Lunch was a small piece of grilled grassfed sirloin steak with brussel sprouts, olives, and a half avocado. VERY filling. I am going to a Japanese restaurant with a friend tonight and I think I will have plain grilled salmon with lots and lots of veggies.

My alternative care doc told me to have more frequent smaller meals but I seem to be doing well right now with three meals. It's an improvement from frequent snacking, that's for sure. And I am almost craving-free, even with the stress. Now THAT'S a miracle.

Pea

So, today is kind of day 1. I'm back on track and feeling good about it. I'll be really curious to see what happens over the next few days in terms of sugar cravings or other reactions.

Did it increase your sugar cravings??

I just roasted a whole leg of lamb; I have a whole chicken in the crockpot, as well. There is leftover steak in the frig, too. There are tons of frozen veggies----spinach, kale, butternut squash, sugar snap peas. I made egg salad for the non-whole30 family members. Nobody should complain they are hungry in my house!

Last night I made "The Best Chicken..." from Well Fed. It was great, but the super great part I think is the dipping sauce! I bet you could dip a shoe (made from grass fed cow hid ;) ) in it and it would taste good. I love dip-able foods and anything I can eat with my fingers, so I feel this will be a frequent recipe in our house! I broiled the chix as we're grill-less in our apartment, but can't wait to take it to the beach and grill as the weather warms up. YUM.

Donna - I have to admit, the comment about a 10lb average perked me up a little this morning! I'm not expecting anything really in that department for myself, but to hear it's possible for someone else does give me a tiny bit of hope for sooomething to happen :) I was tempted by the scale after the first week as I think I lost some fluid "f'luff" as well, but I'm back to feeling (my new?) normal, so out the window with that until day 31!

Hi All:

Belinda: I am with you on the Crossfit stuff....not really sure what it is about, but at 54, I am not sure my body could handle the intensity.

GLC: How are the sugar cravings going? Did it reawaken your sugar dragon?

Pamela: I need to pick up my exercise, that is my problem in the midwinter, I get lazy. Recommitting to the gym this week.

MrsJessica: going to try the best chicken recipe. I have Well Fed and it's my all time fave cookbook, never tried the chicken and you have piqued my interest.

Tveen: good for you at Disneyland, quite the accomplishment

Pea: foods sound great, if I knew where you lived, I would be heading over!

So, today, I went to my sister's son's Bar Mitzvah....I gotta laugh. Her husband is Jewish, we are Irish Catholic. We all get along so wonderfully. At the end of the ceremony, we took family pics. The Irish Catholic side of the family was falling off the stage.....Someone from the other side of the family said "I can't believe two people made all these people"....it was hysterical. When the Rabbi was positioning us in front of the Ark of the Covenant, for pictures I said "This is what Irish Catholic families look like!" and he laughed.....

But I made it through the party. It was like a wedding. There was a fabulous cocktail hour and then dinner with a DJ and dancing. I was sooooooo good. I stayed 100% compliant. My husband was like, c'mon, cheat, it's a special day. But I wasn't throwing away 14 days of hard work. I am halfway there! I just wanted to push through, and I did it! So, today is Day 14 and all is well....YIPPPPEEEE

Day 13!!!!!! keeping on; eggs and sweet pota...for breakfast; coffee with coconut milk/

Gonna grill for dinner.

starting to notice tiny changes in my body and joint pain is GONE

keeping it up despite my moments to want to cash in my chips...for...well, chips!!! and cookies.

keep up the good work all

Kristy, I just saw this, good for you. Hang tough, we can do this together. We are halfway there.

Archived