Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

One of those darn days where I crave everything bad... Had dreams about chips last night lol... But have been good and didn't slip.. How is everybody else holding up?

Also do you have those weird moment when you prepare something non whole30 (I have to for my family) like spreading nutella on my sons bread (that I bake myself) and then the automatic mostion of wanting to lick it off my fingers - right before it gets to my mouth I catch myself lmao....

Any changes for anybody I can tell my belly is a bit flatter now (must be all the water weight and bloating gone) Looking forward to hear from you!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning guys day 14. I slept better last ngt thankfully. But grumpy this morning and really could go a nice cold glass of milk!!

But had some tea instead. Today I feel I might not make the 30 days which i haven't felt from day 3/4. Goin to go to gym for a couple if hours to take my mind off it!

Then plan to paint my bathroom. Atleast I can eat doin that haha!

Keep strong folks! X

thanks Belinda....it's all in my head. I have to change the way I relate to food. It is not a privilege to eat 'garbage'. I have become so addicted to mainstream foods it's quite sad. This week I am going to pay for my May through November CSA (community shared agriculture). It is sooo awesome and forces me to try veggies I never heard of before. Once a week I pick up my half share for my husband and I....and we get to pick field flowers too which keeps my kitchen vase full from May to October!

Tunde: Breaking old habits is difficult but doable. You can do this. I know it is hard with children to stay on your own program but just think how it will make you a better mommy for them!

Pamela: there are days when we are ready to throw in the towel. But, come to the forum for support and it will make you think twice.

Onto Day 15 for me.....I am so happy I am 15 days in successfully. I get weak at Day 21 and say, ah, you made it this far, that's enough....that will be Easter so I have to stay in this and will with all of your help and support and thank you....

@Tünde I have done the nearly lick my fingers thing before on diets in the past. This time around I haven't had that issue. I am making my kids W30 with me at home. They are at least eating better part of the day.

@Pamela Stick it out! You can do this! We are winding down our second week and you have come too far to turn back now. Review the timeline and get excited for the next stage of changes to come. For me, it's sort of an experiment to see if the claims are true. Will I really feel that much better in 30 days or make that many healthy changes? That makes it worth the short 30 day requirement. I also have read other sites and downloaded supporting books to keep myself informed and interested. You can do this. Stay strong :)

Last night had company for dinner; made smashed cauliflower and steaks and a huge salad; my husband and his friend had sugar free Red Bull...I immediately said "oh give me one" and just as I was about to drink it I realized "Oh my God...I can't have this, what the heck am I thinking"...it was so automatic to say; it's sugarfree, not a problem. My friend said; "why"...I told them..."It is a can of chemicals basically and I can't have anything that is not natural". I am so glad my brain triggered in time before even a sip. They all had Icecream and cake at dessert...and I can HONESTLY say; I did not crave it for a second which is BIZZAAAARRRRRRE. really unheard of!

I had steak/ egg and cauliflower for breakfast...happy day 14! you all inspire me sooooooo much! I am going to start exercising again today...actually right now!!! gonna just jump on the treadmill even if for 15 minutes.

peace.

Had dreams about chips last night lol...

-I'm glad I'm not the only one! Not craving anything really, but am looking forward to a cocktail party I only RSVP'd to after I confirmed it was post W30 :)

...the automatic mostion of wanting to lick it off my fingers - right before it gets to my mouth I catch myself

-Yes! I've done this a few times making food for my husband. Not meaning to, I almost licked a few pieces of rice that were on my finger tooday. Wasn't trying to eat anything, it really is a total automatic reflex. Glad we've both made it through :)

Any changes for anybody I can tell my belly is a bit flatter now (must be all the water weight and bloating gone)

-The same for me as well. Besides sleep, that is. I've been getting the best sleep I've had in a long time. I think TOM has got me puffed back up a little, but I'm hoping that just means I'll reeeally be able to see some sort of difference two weeks from now.

I got into a few conversations about W30 tonight with some friends and wouldn't you know, the men were the most interested?! My friend pulled out some grass-fed beef from his fridge and we had a discussion about olive oil oxidizing, coconut milk, and the best way to prepare sweet potatoes. Crazy, eh? The women haven't had the same reaction. I can guess why, but still, the men were so supportive/interested - not a "what-a-crazy-thing-to-want-to-do" look in sight - that I'm still a little suprised. Happy, but suprised for sure!

Thanks guys feel better from goin to gym. I wil make it to w30 lol.

Well looking at myself my skin has cleared up, stomach is nearly flat, got more energy but this may b because I'm off on hols from work.

Hope we all get great results.

On to day 15!!!!

Really glad to hear how well everybody is doing! We're halfway there!

I did fine at the Japanese restaurant last night. I had sashimi (raw fish) without rice, and I asked for it with some sliced avocado and some steamed veggies.

Breakfast and lunch the same here today: roast lamb from the leg o' lamb I roasted yesterday, brussel sprouts, a little avocado and olive oil. For dinner tonight I will probably have lamb again made into a stir fry with coconut milk and curry. I will probably have to freeze the lamb into single portions as my family is ignoring it for their meals. Good...more for me!

Going to take a nice rest now.

Pea

Wow, We made it two weeks! We should all be proud. I cant believe I havent stepped on that darn scale in 2 weeks.

Mircles can happen :) I sure have been tempted though.

Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum I am able to make lots of tasty foods. I cant believe all the cooking I have been doing. I usually cook for my family but after 3 of my 5 kids have left the house I was getting bored of the same casserole thing so this is just great!

I feel good too, I havent really been journaling my journey but I think I might start. I have more engery and my stomach has really gone down. I was so bloated before. :(

I have this thing I do every Saturday night where I try on all my church clothes to see what fits now. Been doing it since started Weight watchers in October. Well I have really noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit. I have given lots of clothes away now. Dont want to keep them around to grow back into ya know :rolleyes: Getting many compliments on how I look lately. I tell people that it from cutting out junk and doing Kickboxing.

Have a question for you all though. When I go to church on Sunday I take the sacrament which is a finger tip of bread crumb, do you think It will be ok? I wont stop taking it for the 30 days. I have been super good and not even taken a small taste of sugar the last 14 days other then that.

Thanks~~~Carolyn

Great to hear from eveyone!

I, too, have almost licked my finger or a spoon when preparing something non compliant for the kids. It's such a habit. Luckily I've stopped myself.

Carolyn, I think it's ok to partake in Sacraments. I have not stopped.

I can't believe we are just about half way. I'll admit that I weighed myself several times during the first week, and I was down a few pounds already. Probably just water, but still. I've been good since then. I know weight is just a stupid number, but I have a number I want to reach, and I know I'll be a little upset if I'm not down to it at the end of this. I know that's an immature attitude, and that reaching a number on the scale is not what this is about, but still... I struggle with those thoughts. I do, however, feel pretty good. If I continue to feel this way and better, I bet the scale won't matter as much come April 9th.

I did have some gas pains last night. I'm wondering if it's the cauliflower I ate.

Next weekend we will celebrate Easter. I'm pretty sure it will be here at our house, which will make it easier since I'll do most of the cooking. My mom eats gluten free, so lots of veggies will be just fine.

Wow, We made it two weeks! We should all be proud. I cant believe I havent stepped on that darn scale in 2 weeks.

Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum I am able to make lots of tasty foods. I cant believe all the cooking I have been doing. I usually cook for my family but after 3 of my 5 kids have left the house I was getting bored of the same casserole thing so this is just great!

I feel good too, I havent really been journaling my journey but I think I might start. I have more engery and my stomach has really gone down. I was so bloated before. :(

I have this thing I do every Saturday night where I try on all my church clothes to see what fits now. Been doing it since started Weight watchers in October. Well I have really noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit. I have given lots of clothes away now. Dont want to keep them around to grow back into ya know :rolleyes: Getting many compliments on how I look lately. I tell people that it from cutting out junk and doing Kickboxing.

Have a question for you all though. When I go to church on Sunday I take the sacrament which is a finger tip of bread crumb, do you think It will be ok? I wont stop taking it for the 30 days. I have been super good and not even taken a small taste of sugar the last 14 days other then that.

Thanks~~~Carolyn

your religious traditions in terms of the sacraments should not count; If your tradition is to eat a whole bunny rabbit cake; well that is different...but the host...I think your good on that one. just my opinion.

Day 14 down! Congratulations everyone :)

I am exhausted and get to be up early for work, so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I stuck to all of my foods like a good girl today. I really do not mind eating this way. I'm fortunate enough to not have much of a sweet tooth and can see food as fuel for the body; so whatever fuels the body best wins in my book (although, I will admit I still miss my cheese).

I enjoy pre cooking on Sundays. I find I do not dread coming home to whip up dinner so much, which helps keep me compliant. My kiddos are gone part of the week and I realized I over cooked a bit last week, so I scaled it down a bit. Tonight, I made mysel a meatza for dinner and an extra to have later in the week, Chocolate Chili, and some kind of slow cooker Thai curry pork roast. The latter is my own concoction so we shall see how it goes. I added red curry, pinapple, coconut milk, coconut amino, fish sauce, and green bell pepper to my crock with the pork. I'm hopeful. Lol.

Well, so much for short and sweet. I'm off to bed. Everyone have a good night and successful Day 15!

Starting 2nd W30 tomorrow March 25th. Going to be a W45 as I never got to the "miracle" moment in only 30 days. Lost 25 lbs and felt great on last go around. Been a bit lax for last few weeks. While I have only gained back 4 lbs, I am not feeling as good as I had while on W30. Looking forward to the challenges again. Hope I am able to have a bit more self control when it is over. Also will start exercising. Wish me luck!

Thanks~~~Carolyn

No WAY.....Melissa touched on that somewhere. Religion traditions are excluded....Don't worry, I am Catholic and take the host frequently...this week may be daily.

Thank all for your input on the Sacrament. Makes me feel less worried about it. Funny thing though I have been making bread for my family all week in the bread machine, sometimes waking up to the good smell but never ever tempted. That is so weird but good~`

I am a big salty food eater and I found a recipe for some almonds......not a good idea I decided. I really ate too many!! I think I will stay away for the nuts this go round.

I really love this way of eating. I can see myself doing it for a long time. Has anyone been on Weight watchers in the the last year? They too have a program that you can follow that you just eat power food......basically what we are eating with Whole 30 but the power foods include dairy and bread. You dont weigh or count points I dont think.

When I eventually go back to weight watchers I will eat the power foods way(Whole9 or whole30) and cut out whatever was making me fill awful in the dairy or wheat department. I plan to go back just to make it to goal for once (been on it like 10 times) after you make goal it is free. Maybe I can be a testament of their power foods program and that it works, HA HA :D

Sunday is Easter, do we all have a plan to what we will eat while everyone is eating the "traditional" foods???? I am planning mine this week. It is funny cause when doing weight watchers I give myself "permission" to eat what i want on the holidays but this time I dont even care to eat the junk they will be eating.

Have a great week!

I'm so excited to have reached day 15!!!! I faced a lot of temptations yesterday. We were at my aunts house making homemade fresh popcorn, guacamole, and all with gluten free chips (which they had purposefully bought for me knowing I have an allergy). I had to explain to them that even tho it was great they were gluten free items and I appreciated them buying those chips, I was staying away from all grains and eating real foods to see why I still am getting sick or feeling ill even when eating "gluten free" foods. It was a good teachable moment! Good luck to you all today!

Ah, Easter. Carolyn, you bring up an interesting topic. I am thinking I will take my own food for Easter to my aunt's house. I think that is the wisest option available to me. I am thinking either cauliflower mash or mashed sweet potatoes and my new passion of coconut oil fried okra with tomato for my veggies with (hopefully) the questionable W30 pork roast I made (still haven't tried it or taken the lid off my crock, so I am still deeming this questionable).

Happy Day 15 all!

http://everydaypaleo.com/beyond-easy-pulled-pork/

Ladies, the above recipe will knock your socks off....so easy and your house smells unbelievable. I just stopped and got a 5lb hormone, antibiotic free, pastured pork butt....I can't wait to put in on my crock pot tomorrow. It is a big SAVE when you are jonesing for something decadent. A side of sweet potato or smashed turnips and some collard greens....oh my you will thank me dearly.

Did it increase your sugar cravings??

GLC: How are the sugar cravings going? Did it reawaken your sugar dragon?

YES!

On Friday morning, I was happy to go back to Whole30 foods right away. And despite a large number of thoughts about sugar and some persistent cravings, I did not cave all weekend. I will say that having sugar a couple of days before a weekend was pretty bad timing on my part, but I weathered the storm. It was a crazy weekend with lots of activity including a great bike ride with my husband, tons of food shopping (we are stocked full again!), some cooking and WE SOLD OUR HOUSE! We've been paying two mortgages since last November as we prepped our previous house for sale and we listed it two weeks ago. We accepted an offer yesterday and we are super excited. Only one more double mortgage payment and then we are DONE!

Whole30 wise, I feel like that anniversary dessert had little to no effect as long as I was willing to weather the increased cravings for a few days. Now they are gone. I'm still sleeping great, I'm feeling leaner, my skin looks great and my moods are still really stable and hunger is totally as one would expect. Oh, there was also a nice mental battle with the 'oh, I already messed up...why not have a little of this or a little of that', too. Knowing you guys were here helped me shut that voice down quickly!

Congrats to everyone on all those wins that brought you here to day 15. We made it halfway! (or maybe it's really only day 4 for me - I feel way too good for it to only be day 4!)

Hi everyone. . . you all are so encouraging, for yourselves and for the rest of us. Thank you!

I really feel like I am half way through. I want to feel ready to continue, but am needing to work on it. The first two weeks and the thrill and fun are sort of wearing off. The habits are good, I think it's mostly my attitude. I really really wanted a glass of wine on Friday night and did not have one but still wanted.

Lunch today curried chicken wrap with fresh spinach and dried cranberries. I am not eating the spinach wrap! I had to get something at work again as we are out of leftovers. I have my book group tonight and don't know what will be served but my friend is a careful and clean eater so I think i will be okay.

Have a good day. We're going to make it!

Ruthanne

The habits are good, I think it's mostly my attitude.

This is how I feel as well. I think right now it's PMS and needing to go grocery shopping. There are foods I know I would like and are perfectly W30, they're just at the store now and not in my fridge... c'est la vie... off to drink more water, stay complient, and make a shopping list for this evening :)

I RRRREEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY want some chocolate!!!

Coming to post here instead.

Now I'm going to go brush and floss, because that often deters me from eating.

See, now that I wrote this, I know I won't eat any chocolate because I'd be embarassed to come back tomorrow and post that I gave in.

Does anyone else seem to be really, I mean really thirsty in between meals. I use to drink like two large glasses of water when I eat and now only have one but during the day I drink and drink and drink. I know it is good for me and I have always been a water drinker but man I am so thirsty. Just wondering.

Oh my goodness! I swear I feel like I could drink a large body of water!

Archived