Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

I just can't wrap my mind around livers of any kind.  My face as I'm even contemplating livers:

yuk2-thumb-200x199-thumb-200x199.jpg

I felt the same way for a long time. The fried chicken livers are so so amazing though. And they are fun to cook because they sizzle and pop and flip themselves over in the pan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday was not a very healthy eating day. It is almost that time of the month and I had leftover rice and just didn't feel like eating any vegetables.  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:

My class in the morning went well, got some work done in the afternoon, did a little searching on craigslist to see what type of part time jobs were out there, had coffee with a friend (bogo lattes at Starbucks), went to Sh'Bam which was super fun, watched 1.5 hour of my earned tv time, flipped through a dumb magazine that I still am not sure how I got subscribed to, and then read until I fell asleep on my book.

I think I turned the lights out around 10:30. Got woken up by the husband a lot. He was playing Call of Duty which usually means lots of swearing  :rolleyes: and noise travels pretty easily in our apartment between the office and the bedroom. Then I woke up when he came to bed and didn't really go all the way back to sleep until he finally fell asleep. Alarm went off at 7 and I got up after 1 snooze at 7:11. 

Need to eat more vegetables today. Need to make more progress on the apartment today. Going to pump/cx this morning and kids ministry tonight and the rest of the day I hope to do meal planning/prep and cleaning with maybe a few breaks. My nails really need to be done. Perhaps if I can stay the course this afternoon I'll reward myself with a redbox movies after church tonight.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, kraut, blood orange, 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: Teach WIM (1 hour)

Post WO: Smoothie - sweet potato, pear juice, whey powder, spices, vanilla

M2: carne asada steak (against all grains), white rice, sour cream

grande cinnamon dolce latte (whole milk, 1/2 syrup, whipped cream - still way way too sweet - next time I have one asking for 1/4 of the syrup)

Exercise: Sh'Bam (45 mins) - the instructor gave out hershey's kisses which I brought home to the husband

M3: orange-sesame chicken (against all grains), white rice

last 2 cookies 

8 oz kombucha

lots of tea and not quite enough water

Yup! Just picked up my CSA order. It is on the counter. Current plan is to shower, make lunch, clean out fridge and freezer, meal plan, and do much vegetable prep. We will see how it actually goes. I want to see how little I can buy at the store this week by trying to use what I have in the freezer. If I can find some wiggle room in the budget in the next couple of months I really want to buy containers for the fridge and freezer to better organize stuff. Pump/CX was killer this morning! I went up on my squat weight and didn't die! I almost dropped my bar on my toes in the back track though because I was losing my grip. Need to work on the muscles in my forearms. 

So yesterday wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be but it was a lot more productive than it could have been. Got my meal plan and shopping done, cleaned out the fridge and freezer (and discovered that the temperature was at the coldest setting which would explain why my produce keeps freezing...frozen lettuce = yuck), and got a good start on prep work. Yay! This is despite my tummy being fairly angry most of the day. The rice Friday and lunch yesterday (grain free pasta) finally caught up with me. Unloading my CSA onto the counter and then deciding what to make with it seems to work better than putting it away and then trying to plan. Tried to plan in such a way that I prepped with things rather than just stuff them away. Yesterday I washed, tore, and spun my kale and lettuce and stored in plastic zip top bags, steam sauteed 3 bunches of rainbow chard, pulled meat and strawberries from the freezer to defrost, and made golden cauliflower soup (well fed 2). Was going to make two other salads but decided they were quick enough to make the evening that I'm going to eat them. Even went to bed with a mostly clean kitchen after all that. I should have cleaned it all but I was so tired.

Sleep was weird last night. Went to bed around 9 with a magazine to flip through, switched to my book which I think I read the same sentence over and over again and then would fall asleep. Finally turned out the light around 10 I think. Slept really hard for a while (maybe until 1 or 2 I didn't look at the clock) and woke to use the bathroom. Then slept restlessly on and off. Around 4 am I got up and had some tea, some cashew butter, and read in the living room for an hour. Went back to sleep at 5 and slept hard until my alarm went off at 7. Turned that off and slept hard until 8 and again until 9. Feel really stiff and sore today but I know I needed that sleep. More food prep today and hopefully some more tidying up around the apartment. Was going to go to BodyFlow but I slept in too late.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, kraut, 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: Pump/CX

Post WO: Smoothie - sweet potato, pear juice, whey powder, spices, vanilla

M2: grain free fettuccine (capellos), marinara sauce (against all grains), ground beef with taco seasoning

square of dark chocolate (theo's)

8 oz kombucha

apple with cinnamon warmed in the microwave

M3: 3 fried eggs, 3 whole carrots, 1 cup of golden cauliflower soup (well fed 2) with raisins

spoonful of cashew butter

Yesterday did not end up being productive. Hung out and played Star Wars with my husband most of the day. Took a break to go to church. ;) I don't regret any of it. Went to bed around 9:30, probably finally fell asleep around 11, woke up around 5:30 and couldn't fall back asleep so got up when my alarm went off at 6. I'm feeling pretty tired still though and wish I could have gone back to sleep. Tummy feels a bit off today but I think it is because its almost that time. Teaching tonight so hopefully I feel better as the day goes on. Legs are still a bit sore. 

Food Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled into sauteed kale, 1 cup of golden cauliflower soup (well fed 2) with raisins, kraut, small blood orange, 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

M2: indian spiced pork roast with asian pear chutney (against all grains), 3 whole carrots, mayo

M3: medium gluten free pizza from garlic jim's with basil pesto sauce (instead of marinara), ground beef, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, and mozzarella

nibbled at a paleo chocolate mouse treat that a friend made me - it's huge and pretty sweet so just had a few bites of it, probably will last me the entire week. 

WTG getting all that prep and cleaning done!  I need to clean out my fridge/freezer, too.  I try to keep it clean, but it still needs a good scrubbing a couple times a year.  We had a nice relaxed day yesterday, too, except ours involved less video game time (much to 12yo's dismay) and more sorting legos by color. LOL  9yo got Rangors(sp?) Pit for Christmas, which apparently fits under Jabba's Palace which was "in the bin" (i.e. mixed with millions of other legos and impossible to put back together).  We sorted them ALL by color to make it possible to rebuild the palace so he can put the two together.  Fun times. LOL

WTG getting all that prep and cleaning done!  I need to clean out my fridge/freezer, too.  I try to keep it clean, but it still needs a good scrubbing a couple times a year.  We had a nice relaxed day yesterday, too, except ours involved less video game tmie (much to 12yo's dismay) and more sorting legos by color. LOL  9yo got Rangors(sp?) Pit for Christmas, which apparently fits under Jabba's Palace which was "in the bin" (i.e. mixed with millions of other legos and impossible to put back together).  We sorted them ALL by color to make it possible to rebuild the palace so he can put the two together.  Fun times. LOL

So we both kind of played Star Wars yesterday. ;)

Had a very productive day yesterday. Got lots more food prepped. Glad I decided to do it because I ended up having to shift some meals around in my plan because Amazon didn't deliver my tuna yesterday like they were supposed to.  :angry: Checked off every chore on my to do list yesterday too including cleaning the bathrooms (much easier when this is done once a week instead of once a month  :rolleyes: ) and started sorting through the mess that had piled up on my buffet in the hall. Spent the morning doing chores and the afternoon playing Star Wars with hubby as we both had the day off. Class was great last night despite getting visited by AF yesterday afternoon. Came home and had my smoothie, finished tidying up the kitchen, scooped the cat boxes, swept the floors, showered, and went to bed. I was even in bed by 9:30! Lights out by 10:30. Slept restlessly and was up a lot thanks to AF. I've taken 3 advils over the course of the past 24 hours. During the day I try to deal without it but I just can't sleep if I have cramps. Alarm went off at 6 and I snoozed 3x and got up at 6:30. Planning on BodyPump this morning, then home for chores, working from home this afternoon, and hoping I might finally find some time to do my nails tonight. We'll see.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled with sauteed kale, 1 cup of golden cauliflower soup (well fed 2), 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

M2: sb&j burgers (well fed 2 - I used almond butter not sunflower seed butter - this combo was surprisingly delicious), belly dance beet salad (well fed 2), and casablanca carrots (well fed 2), ate the rest of the paleo chocolate mouse and nibbled at the chocolate cookie hearts (was like a sandwich) the rest of the day - still quite a bit left

M3: tod mun chicken cakes (well fed 2), spring chopped salad (well fed 2), avocado-basil dressing (nom nom paleo food for humans)

Exercise: Teach WIM 1 hr

post wo: smoothie with half can sweet potato, water, whey protein, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla

Great productive day yesterday!  I've noticed that Amazon's performance has gone down lately.  Even my guaranteed 2 day Amazon Prime orders don't show up on time.  Very annoying! 

I've generally not had problems with prime unless something wasn't ready to ship right away. I do know all the weather issues have caused a lot of shipping issues. This order is a subscribe and save order so it isn't a guaranteed delivery date. I do live in Amazon country so a lot of times I get things early if they start in one of their main warehouses here. That is always nice. 

Did my new squat weight again today in pump and went up on my tricep weight. Ouch! I need to focus on strengthening my grip as a lot of my failures come from forearm and grip strength not necessarily the primary muscle being trained.

I've noticed I've had some issues with hand strength.  I've been using a stress ball, but need to get back on that.

You've been very productive lately, I bet it feels good!   :D

It does...but it seems like I'm on one day and off the next...yesterday was completely wasted. Completely. I need to have enough self discipline to not let myself start a game or turn on the TV until I've accomplished some things. I was like "just 1 hour while I make lunch" and then lunch took much longer to make. I tried the Perfect Steak from Well Fed 2 and I just couldn't get it cooked inside using her directions so I finally turned up the oven to 350 and cooked it for 20 minutes. Then it was a bit more cooked than I liked but it tasted great. When I was finally done with lunch I was completely sucked in. So today I commit to no gaming/TV at all. I need to get my little hours earned/used chat set up somewhere where I can see it. Slept better last night at least. Lights out around 11 I think. Woke up once in the night to use the bathroom. Snoozed the alarm from 6-6:30 and then dismissed it and stayed in bed until 8. I'm committed to making today productive. Hopefully meeting up with a friend for coffee later (and a walk if the weather is favorable...we've been alternating between pouring rain and bright sun the last couple of days). Community group tonight. My Amazon stuffs finally came last night. 12 cans of tuna, 12 cans of salmon, and 12 cans of pumpkin. The box with the pumpkin is glued shut so I can't get it open....need my husband to attack it with his fancy knife. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled with sauteed kale, 1 cup of golden cauliflower soup (well fed 2), 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: BodyPump 81 1hr 

post wo: smoothie with half can sweet potato, water, whey protein, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla

M2: perfect steak (grass fed rib eye) (well fed 2), mashed cauliflower with butter and garlic salt, polished off the rest of the chocolate from my friend while I was cooking

M3: deli-tuna salad and sweet & salty broccoli salad (both from well fed 2), bubbies pickle

8 oz kombucha (tossed the last little bit because a fruit fly flew into my glass and drowned and I just couldn't bring myself to finish it even after I scooped him out...ick)

handful of raisins and a handful of chocolate chips - sure sign I stayed up to late  :rolleyes: 

You're reading the Vampire Academy series!?  I saw those and didn't pick them up because I was tired of the vampire scene, but now I'm thinking I might need to try out the first one.  Now that my kids are a bit older and are sleeping better, I'm getting in a lot more reading time.  It's SO nice and I feel like I'm glugging it down like I'm parched.

We usually get our CSA order and pat ourselves on the back for getting it all put away, but then we don't know what we have and we don't plan our foods and then we risk not eating something before the next box arrives (like the kale and celery currently in our fridge).  I like your idea of planning things out before putting it away.  Maybe this week we will do that - oh - but we have a meeting.  Hmmm.  Maybe we can do it anyway.  I think it's kind of necessary.

Good luck with getting things done so you can get back to gaming!

Yes I'm reading the Vampire Academy series. I think I'm on book 5 now. It isn't the best thing I've every read and there are some bothersome timeline issues in book 4. The overall story is good and the characters are well developed though. It's a very different take on vampire lore than I've seen before. I would not recommend it for tweens...entirely too much sexual content/language in my opinion for younger kids. The movie was decent though I fear it won't do well enough for them to make more. I guess we'll see.

I had dinner with a Paleo friend last week and she did the Perfect Steak recipe with some grass-fed filets - ours turned out great, but I know she said she butterflied the filets because they'd otherwise be too thick. Maybe that would help with that recipe? I have some ribeyes in the freezer that I'll probably have to do that with.

I'm kind of obsessed with that salty broccoli salad right now. I don't love broccoli (don't hate it, just... ambivalent), but I will eat that every day and twice on Sundays.

I had dinner with a Paleo friend last week and she did the Perfect Steak recipe with some grass-fed filets - ours turned out great, but I know she said she butterflied the filets because they'd otherwise be too thick. Maybe that would help with that recipe? I have some ribeyes in the freezer that I'll probably have to do that with.

I'm kind of obsessed with that salty broccoli salad right now. I don't love broccoli (don't hate it, just... ambivalent), but I will eat that every day and twice on Sundays.

Maybe...my steaks were not that thick though. I wonder if I didn't get my skillet hot enough for the searing portion. I also wonder if my oven is accurate...I find a lot of times I have to cook things longer than the recipe says.

I left the red onions and nuts out of the broccoli salad but it was still awesome. I just didn't feel like cutting those things up and the tuna already had onion in it. Nom! Bacon makes everything better of course. 

Is Vampire Diaries appropriate for a 12yo boy?  He's reading the Gone series now, but it won't last long.

The above is why I don't play video games and only watch tv while on the TM or elliptical or sometimes during a big cookup.  It sucks up too much time and it's hard to pull away!  It drives me nuts when my husband wastes a day playing video games while I've been doing laundry, cooking, errands, running the kids around, supervising homework, etc.  But, I guess it's the other way when he spends all day perfecting the shoveling of the driveway while I stay inside and read. :)  It evens out.  Totally off tangent.  LOL

Is Vampire Diaries appropriate for a 12yo boy?  He's reading the Gone series now, but it won't last long.

The above is why I don't play video games and only watch tv while on the TM or elliptical or sometimes during a big cookup.  It sucks up too much time and it's hard to pull away!  It drives me nuts when my husband wastes a day playing video games while I've been doing laundry, cooking, errands, running the kids around, supervising homework, etc.  But, I guess it's the other way when he spends all day perfecting the shoveling of the driveway while I stay inside and read. :)  It evens out.  Totally off tangent.  LOL

I've not read Vampire Diaries yet, I watch the show and I think it is kind of teenage girl centric. Vampire Academy is similarly girl oriented I think. And like I said there is a bit of sex/language so depends on his maturity level I guess. I've not read Gone yet.

I get the husband sitting around while I clean thing. We've talked about it and will continue to talk about it. I get frustrated when he tries to get on my case about what I'm not doing but isn't really living the example. Nobody is perfect though. 

I try really hard not to do the math on who is doing what, that leads nowhere good for me!  I do love reading though.  I could waste endless days away reading.  And once my nose is in, it is hard to pull it out.  I usually try to get something done before starting on something really pleasurable like reading.  Or I limit myself by saying, 1 chapter and then I'll do this.  Another chapter and then I'll do that.  That seems to work for me.  With my son, we'll often tell him he needs to do whatever on the next game save.

Good morning! Productivity reigned yesterday once I got myself going! Yay! I went back and forth between work tasks and tidying/dusting. My desk at home is free of clutter! Horray! My mail holder is not overflowing with junk mail and credit card offers! Horray! I hope today to get through enough tidying and dusting to be able to vacuum and wash floors tomorrow. Parents flight gets in late tomorrow night so I have the whole day but am teaching in the morning and would like to go to Sh'Bam in the evening again. I wish I had spent the time doing this when we moved in. Clutter just sucks my energy! After parents leave I want to start organizing closets and bookshelves. Right now I'm just trying to get everything put away, given away, or thrown away. I also need to start hanging stuff up. I'm kind of hoping my mom and dad might help me with that when they are here. My mom loves that stuff. Plan for today is again to work from home. Maybe meet a friend for coffee. BodyPump tonight.

Food Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled in sauteed super greens, golden cauliflower soup (well fed 2) with raisins, kraut, blood orange, 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

M2: ab&j burger, belly dance beet salad, and casablanca carrots (all from well fed 2), square of Theo's dark chocolate

8 oz kombucha

M3: oven-fried salmon cakes (asian style), sweet & salty broccoli salad (both from well fed 2), 2 bubbie's pickles

Wow another productive day yesterday! Need to make a trip to Good Will and a few trips to the dumpster today. Going to try and get the vacuuming done before I see about clearing through a few more boxes.

Had a great BodyPump workout last night. Hammered through on my higher weights again. Hard to drink my post workout smoothies last night. Taught this morning and it was a nice big high energy class! My friend talked me into sticking around for her cxworx class. I need to bring a change of clothes and something to eat next week if I do that again because I was so cold and hungry. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled in sauteed super greens, golden cauliflower soup (well fed 2) with raisins, kraut, blood orange, 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

M2: ab&j burger, belly dance beet salad, and casablanca carrots (all from well fed 2), square of Theo's dark chocolate

8 oz kombucha

M3: tod mun chicken cakes, spring chopped salad (both from well fed 2), avocado basil dressing (nomnompaleo food for humans)

Exercise: Bodypump 1 hr

post workout: smoothie - sweet potato, gelatin, water, spices, vanilla

Archived