Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

Morning! Actually got some work done at work yesterday. Today is officially my last full time day but I will probably be finishing some stuff up over the next week or so on my own time that I should have finished before end of day today if my head had been in the game. Not very productive at home yesterday though I did get some food cooked up in the morning. Husband introduced me to a new game that kept me up way past my bedtime.  :rolleyes: Went to BodyPump last night for my friends last week teaching that time slot. It was her first class so kind of bittersweet. Managed to prop myself up enough on my toes to do lunges (yay?) and even managed a real hover with my toes up on the bench and do the rock back and forth thing for a bit. This is pretty huge for me. Yay! Was going to take a WIM class this morning but the pool is closed. Bummer. Going to go to CX though and then practice my new tracks in the ggx room afterwards. Then off to work for the rest of the day. Was going to go to a BodyJam class tonight but I don't think that is the best idea for increasing my toe healing.  :ph34r:

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs scrambled with sauteed kale, 2 slices bacon, black coffee with gelatin

M2: Zoodles with store bought sauce (trader joe's) and Italian meatballs (Well Fed 2), piece of 100% dark chocolate

unsweetened blueberry/pomegranate green tea (iced from trader joe's) 

slice of raw cheddar

M3: honey chicken thighs (the paleo slow cooker), mashed cauliflower, 8oz kombucha

Exercise: BodyPump 78

Post WO: 2 coconut larabars (not best choice - didn't feel like making my smoothie or eating anything else)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been MIA lately...just kind of in a blah mood...getting to be that time of the month.  :rolleyes: My eating has been way off road and I need to get it steered back on track again. Too many grains and too much dairy and not nearly enough vegetables. Ugh. I'm officially not working now so I really have no excuse not to cook all the things except for just not feeling like it.  :ph34r: My toe is getting much better and mostly doesn't hurt now. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the 10k I'm supposed to run on Sunday. I know I have not run enough to do it well. I guess I will see if I can get out and run on Wednesday and how my foot feels. I might have them bump me down to the 5k. Taught my class tonight with a glittery 4 leaf clover on my shirt and a funny mini leprechaun hat and painted my nails green. Holidays are fun. Of course my arms were covered in glitter after class. :P  

I would definitely give your toe a trial run, you don't want to damage it.  If you do the 10k, can you just do it as a "fun run" kind of thing?  I'm competitive with myself, so I think I would find that hard to do.

I would definitely give your toe a trial run, you don't want to damage it.  If you do the 10k, can you just do it as a "fun run" kind of thing?  I'm competitive with myself, so I think I would find that hard to do.

I might be able to do that...but my biggest problem with racing is that I get competitive and go out too fast. My other concern is that I've not run more than 4 miles in months. I'm more and more thinking that I won't race again this year. I have so much other stuff on my plate right now and the thought of formal training just doesn't appeal to me right now. I think I'm more in a place of wanting to run when I want to run not because I have to. Once the weather gets nicer I'm sure I will want to. I also want to try and ride my bike more this year (if I don't ride it this spring/summer/fall I need to sell it). 

My eating continues to be sub par this week. Not sure what is going on with me right now. I just don't feel like cooking. Need to push through that today. I can't afford to waste food and I don't want to start feeling like crap again.

Did the new BodyPump release yesterday and boy was it challenging. Going to be fun to train on this bad boy. I did manage to get through 20 pushups on my toes and some tricep pushups on my toes. I also did rotating hovers on my toes which I didn't think I could do. I sure hope I don't get assigned the lunge track because that is a monster! On top of my pump class I went to the chiropractor (things continuing to improve yay!), Sh'Bam, and then back to the gym later for RPM. I'm a bit sore today. Going to take it easy today I think.

• Moderators

I think laying off the racing right now is a good idea, Bethany, especially this weekend with your busted toe.

I also can say that I definitely go in cycles with cooking. I tend to have spurts of mad creativity in the kitchen (right now inspired by W30 after a year off) tempered with shorter periods of meh. One of two things usually works during the meh phase: 1. I eat the same simple thing over and over again that satisfies me and is easy to prepare, or 2. I push myself to make something really savory that's brand new and maybe plays with ingredients not in my usual rotation. Option 1 usually leaves me wanting so desperately for something new that it brings me back to my cookbooks and mad scientist phase. Option 2 just shakes me out of my boredom.

Glad to hear Bodypump is challenging and that you're rocking it! I love those classes, but I'm toying with dropping my gym that offers them for the little one much closer to home. Its bootcamp and community feel are really doing the trick for me, and the half hour intense bootcamp classes are a nice and doable complement to my running schedule.

It just occurs to me that training for races is a lot like behavior in the kitchen. I've been away from both and am full of energy for both, while you're on the opposite reach of the pendulum right now. I don't think you should worry about it too much, unless all of a sudden you ditch all of your workouts and start faceplanting in nothing but pastries. That might mean you're depressed. But a natural shift, especially at a change of season period, seems totally normal.

If you don't feel like racing, don't.  This is all about you, so make it your own.

I also have my ups and downs in the kitchen.  I've been cooking and eating fine, but BORING!  I've barely tried anything in the Well Fed 2 cookbook I got for Christmas, and it is March already!

sometimes we all get stuck in a rut or hit a downer, or just plain get tired.  I know you'll get back to eating better when it clicks back into place for you.  I agree with SaraRuns about the running.  if you are really not feeling it then why would you do it?  Exercise has to be enjoyable and you could damage the toe or slow its recovery so take time to heal and dont beat yourself up about it.

look after yourself x

Hey everyone. Sorry I've not been around. Still feeling a little blah but things are getting better. Yay for that time of the month.  :rolleyes: Still struggling a little with food/cooking but doing better about eating more vegetables and not buying things like organic chips. My new favorite way to eat sweet potatoes is to spiralize them and pan fry them in some grass fed butter with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. I've had that almost every day for the past few days. A little harder to run through the spiralizer than zucchini but much more fun way to eat them than chopped into squares.

I did end up dropping down to the 5k and did that yesterday. Was a chilly but sunny morning. Considering I hardly trained and didn't run at all in the past 2 weeks I did pretty well. Official time was 33:26 and I came in 11th in my division. About 3 minutes slower than my PR for the 5k but again...not trained. I did run nice negative splits according to my watch and considering much of the last mile was uphill this is pretty good too. I just never managed to get my HR consistently into my race range mostly because my legs said "no, no!" 

Toe is feeling quite good again. I am experiencing some tingling in the last two toes occasionally, but I'm able to do everything I want to do again without pain. 

Got all my stuff for BodyPump training on Saturday so I've been working on that. My dad offered me a free trip to Florida for a couple of days next week but I'm thinking I'm going to say no because I don't want to deal with flying recovery and jet lag right before my pump training. Kind of a bummer but probably the best course of action. 

Need to get things back under control in the apartment today and do some major cooking. I know I say this every Monday. I always mean it. ;) 

Hi!  20 pushups is amazing!  I'm impressed.  I need to get my spiralizer out.  I've been pretty boring in the kitchen, too.  We just get so busy that I'm going for simple things right now.  I don't see the schedule opening up any time soon (soccer is starting again...) but spring and fresh produce will inspire me soon, I hope. 

Glad to see you back.  And glad to hear your toe is better.  Sounds like dropping down to the 5k was the right thing.

I have to try the spiralizer on sweet potatoes, that sounds yum!  Boiling them is getting boring!

Hey all! So the beginning of my week was greatly wasted on a game I'm a bit addicted to. *sigh* Taught Monday and Tuesday night but didn't get much else done the rest of either day. Clogged up the drain in my kitchen sink on Tuesday which didn't help either and then husband left town Wednesday without fixing it for me and I'm not much of a handy person. Wednesday I had lunch with a friend and spent the rest of the day lounging and went to bed at 2am.  :rolleyes: Thursday I broke one of my own rules and went to the gym on 5 hours of sleep. BodyPump class, then practice for new WIM stuff I'm teaching this week, and practice for my BodyPump training. Found out at 5:30 that someone desperately needed a sub for their 7pm class so I went in and did that too. Yikes was I sore and tired. Friends came over and fixed my sink Thursday night which led to a super productive Friday. Yay! Today we had a women's conference at church and I babysat. Tomorrow we have our Pathfinder night so I need to finish cleaning in the morning/afternoon. Despite all this lack of productivity my eating has been better. I finally put up my personal rules (that I set way back in January) up in my kitchen. Going to try and stay really on target this week and really try for 6-8 hours of sleep a night this week so I'm super energied up for my training next weekend. I'm starting to contemplate a 2nd Whole30. Maybe after I finish all my BodyPump training stuffs. I read someone saying they liked 30 day challenges (LadyM was that you?) in general so perhaps I should come up with something to work on for April.

Glad your eating is getting back on track.  I do like 30 days as a timeframe to work on things.  It has an end but is long enough to push yourself.  I'm thinking of doing a 30 days of meditation, something that sounds so not me!

Hope you had a good weekend!

Morning all. Had a nice long sleep last night as I turned off my alarm. I did wake several times in the night. Woke up with a cough. Yikes! Need to do ACV tea today. I'm teaching tonight and tomorrow morning and have my pump training this weekend so I just can not be sick! Had our Pathfinder group over last night. Made Cambodian Chicken (The Paleo Slow Cooker) with white rice and romaine salad with some decently clean store bought Ranch dressing. Also made Real Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Against All Grains). I ate one too many cookies I think because the combo of the almond flour and the rice made me feel kind of bloated. My legs also felt very itchy last night and I'm actually wondering if I might be sensitive to fish sauce because I spilled a little on my arm when I was getting everything in the crock pot and my arms were itchy. Something to pay attention to I suppose. 

Still considering what I want to do for my 30 days in April. I have a few ideas. Need to come up with an inexpensive reward for completion. 

Need to get serious about finding a job this week too. Got a lead on a short term nanny position, but I'm not sure about the hours. My friend said the previous nanny was doing 45 hours a week which is a no go for me. Going to call her and ask more questions today.

Manicure is a great reward! I think what I've decided on is checking off my daily chores every day in April. I'm allowed to catch up/pre-do as needed but a calendar full of checked boxes is the goal. Doing well so far. And I think I will add a pedicure to my reward if I can find a job before the end of the month. ;)

Still dealing with the cough. Ugh. It isn't horrible but it is there. Feeling nervous but ready for pump training this weekend. Plan to get all my food for the weekend ready tomorrow. Need lots of stuff that will be good without a microwave to heat up and that will be sustaining for all the work I'm going to be doing. This is the only time I wish I still ate sandwiches. ;) 

Eating has been better this week but I'm still not feeling the cooking love. Need to get my kitchen mojo back. Tomorrow morning I think I need to do a serious fridge clear out before I meal plan and grocery shop. 

Checklists are great motivators for me, too.  You'll be enjoying that mani/pedi in no time! 

Good luck this weekend.  Bring plenty of good food and you'll be fine.  At a weekend soccer tournament I lived on massaged kale salad and avocado tuna salad.  It worked.

Bodypump Instructor Training done and passed! Yay! I did really well this weekend so I'm stoked about that. The challenge today showed me that I can do a lot more than I think I can as far as weights and I'm going to be trying to find a day once a week to really push myself to try and get my weight up and be a better role model. I also think it is time I start researching what changes I need to make to my diet to pick up the fat loss again. I feel like I've been pretty stagnant. Wondering if I'm being overeager if I email my GFM about setting up a team teaching schedule tonight or if I should wait a day at least. ;)

wow! That was fast. Way to go Bethany!

Well I'm not fully certified yet. First step is passing the two day training weekend. Next step is to team teach and get ready to submit a video of myself teaching the entire class to Les Mills. I have until June 6th to do that but I'm hoping to get it done in early May at the latest. 

Let me say that I'm so much more sore today than I was yesterday!

One of the things I did on the challenge that I didn't think I could do was 20 squats with a bar so heavy I couldn't get it off my own back. Yay for partners! 

Archived