Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

I once read a blog post about Feng Shui Trash and the writer suggested that every day for 9 days, getting rid of 27 things (or something like that - my numbers might be wrong).  The things you get rid of can include old receipts, tissues under the bed and other trivial easy to toss items.  The only rule is that you have to get it physically out of your house (so I stashed the give-away boxes in my car).  It seems like a big number of things, but it was really kind of fun and motivated me to clean out my bathroom drawers.  I'm eyeing our overflowing box of shoes right now as I type this and our pile of winter gear by the door.  I know we have old too-small mitts and boots.

Exciting your parents are coming to visit.  I always love when ours come and I love the cleaning I do beforehand.  Nothing like some good motivation to get things in better shape.

Have fun with your folks and out at your classes!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking in! Visit with parents has been great. This is their last day here. We've done a lot of projects and gotten even more cleaning done and I have pictures on my walls! My mom is so good at the decorating stuff so her help is so welcome. My dad helped me take two big loads of stuff to good will. Yesterday was my birthday and it was sunny so we went to the Chiully (sp?) Glass Museum and Garden in Seattle. I had two desserts too (oh yes I did!) one of which was a homemade paleo coconut cake. Ruth's Chris for dinner. Will be nice to get back to my normal routine tomorrow but I've had a wonderful visit with them so definitely no complaints!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a fun visit! Back to the normal routine today (sort of). I need to do some meal planning and shopping and cooking. I was thinking that we would easily blast through the fruits and veggies I had from last week but I think we actually consumed less than I usually do alone because we ate out an average of once a day. Need this week to be veggie heavy. I was also hoping they would help me eat more of my cake before they left. Too much left! :) 

Slept well but not long enough last night. Need to get back to my 10pm lights out now that I'm not entertaining people. Might not happen tonight as I'm having my hair colored and cut at 8pm. Taught my class this morning and then hung around the gym chatting. Scheduled a chiropractic evaluation for Tuesday as I get a complimentary service with the gym as an employee. Came back to the gym to rescue my friend who got her car stuck in the mud in our employee parking lot this morning. Had Starbucks in the sun with her and her daughter. Now trying to get some work done. Found out about a BodyPump training coming up soon and I'm contemplating it. Need to discuss with husband. Have a busy weekend coming up. Come Monday need to start to get serious about updating my resume and putting out feelers for a new job.

Had Starbucks in the sun 

This sounds lovely!  I can't wait to be able to be outside and enjoy the sun.  I miss it!

Glad you had a great visit.  Good luck with working on that resume, not something most of us enjoy doing.

Good morning! So my weekend of getting back on track has been not so successful. Had a good first meal yesterday and my post workout (pump/cx) smoothie. Then I ate at a baby shower which was a mix of good and bad. Had little corn chip shells filled with salsa, avocado, sour cream, and I think beans. Maple bacon chicken bites (yum yum!). Chocolate peanut brittle squares  :ph34r:. Gluten free corn bread. A scoop of pasta salad (should have just fished for the mozzarella cheese in this, the rest wasn't worth it). And yummy carrot cake. I learned after I almost finished mine that there was a gluten free portion but I picked up a gluten portion. Oh well. Stuck to water and didn't have the blue lemonade. After kids ministry I picked up a bunless burger with cheese, bacon, and avocado with fries and flavored mineral water at Whole Foods and went and joined up with friends for a game night. Food was delicious. Felt very headachy and tired when I got home and dehydrated too. Too much sugar and I suspect the gluten didn't help. Tonight we're doing games and pizza (gluten free for me) with friends for dinner. Had a good first meal and need to have a good second meal. My kitchen is out of control and I need to learn the new tracks I'm teaching tomorrow and meal plan and grocery shop today. Time to get back on my routine. This week I want to work on my resume and apply for some jobs, work on the filing, and get my regular cleaning routine going again.

Had a good Sunday. Got enough of my meal planning done to go grocery shopping. Need to plan veggie sides but should be able to do that without needing to buy more food. Had a fun time with our friends last night and the birthday cake is finally gone. Goal to have no more offroading until I go out to dinner Friday night. Tamed the kitchen yesterday but didn't get to work on my WIM stuff. Planning to run today but it was pouring last I checked. May have to do the dreadmill. 

Food Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled with sauteed kale, kraut, orange, black coffee with gelatin

M2: 4 grass fed hot dogs, 3 bubbies pickles, mayo and mustard, square of dark chocolate

M3: 4 slices gluten free pizza with chicken, spinach, and pesto sauce, slice of coconut cake with strawberries, decaf latte

The baby shower food sounds delish.  I must be hungry because now I'm craving corn bread muffins and chocolate peanut brittle.  Dreadmill doesn't sound near as fun as a run outside.  Hope that rain clears soon.

I was a little annoyed because as I was finally driving to the gym it was down to a light drizzle, but I committed to that option and I did it. Ran 3 miles starting at 4.5mph because my HRM was being a dork (giving me a way too high reading), bumped up to 5mph when the HRM looked reasonable again and below my recovery zone, and bumped it up to 5.5mph near the end to get to the higher end of my range. Was nice to review my notes for the new stuff I'm teaching tonight while I did it. Hopefully Wednesday will be nicer. Oh March. So unpredictable. How many days until July 5th (when Summer starts in Western WA)? :)

Boy did I feel that run while I was teaching last night! Hopefully if I stay the course of an easy run on Monday mornings my legs will get used to it. If not I'll have to come up with a different plan. Despite some minor flubs (I should not try to be cute with the lyrics when I'm not solid on the choreography yet) it was a great class. I had 13 people (that is counting the people that were making out in the end of our space...eww) which is my biggest class in this time slot! I hope it keeps growing! Rest of the day was semi productive. Kind of lost steam in the afternoon. Played a little Skylanders as husband got me some new ones for my birthday. Need to actually go into the office this afternoon to finish up some stuff. Going to pump this morning and I'm going to attend the Tuesday morning WIM class as I've not taken it as a student in a while. Getting a chiropractic assessment today as well. Busy day! Slept alright last night but not as well as I would like.

Food & Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled with sauteed kale, orange, kraut, black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: 3 mile easy run

Post WO: smoothie with pumpkin, gelatin, honey, and spices

M2: savory sweet potato meatloaf (omg that's paleo?), spring mix with store bought caesar dressing

8 oz kombucha

M3: 3 spicy tuna cakes (nomnompaleo food for humans)

Exercise: teach WIM

Post WO: sausage quiche with sweet potato crust (against all grains)

OMG I woke up hella sore this morning! My back and neck and upper arms are all really angry. I'm not sure if this is from doing the BodyPump/WIM combo yesterday or from actually going to work yesterday or a combination of the two? I'm supposed to run 3 miles today but not sure if that will help or hurt. Part of me just feels like I need to get the muscles warm so I can stretch them out more. Part of me wants to just not move. I will say I finally got up this morning because laying in bed hurt more than being upright. Advice??

Was kind of great to take WIM as a student yesterday. I hadn't done our current release in the water yet and it will help in my teaching going forward knowing what all the movements feel like. I need to be better about making time to get in the pool and try all my new choreography before I teach it. I saw someone in the pool with some sort of water mp3 player. Need to look into that. Otherwise I can just grab the stereo and set it up. The trick is finding a time when the pool is relatively quiet so I can use a lane without disrupting the lap swimmers.

Chiropractor and I mostly just talked yesterday. I think this will be a better experience than when I was in high school. He watched me do squats (as my feet being uneven is concerning to me) and had some comments about that and he talked about strengthening my arches to help bring my feet closer to neutral which will also help. Going to see him again on Thursday to get started for real. I'm teaching about an hour after my appointment but he promised I should be fine. 

Had my friend and her 4 year old over for dinner last night. Poor cats. They are not used to being chased by little people. ;) I played Skylanders for him and he asked lots of questions and wanted me to put every guy on the portal for him to see. My friend said she'd never seen him sit that still for that long before. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday

M1;3 eggs scrambled with sauteed kale, black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: BodyPump 82 + WIM Wave 17

Post WO: Coconut Larabar (not enough food I know)

M2:  savory sweet potato meatloaf (omg that's paleo?), spring mix with store bought caesar dressing

Afternoon munches: 8 oz black coffee, dark chocolate mint coconut cup (eating evolved), another coconut larabar

M3: paleo pad thai used zoodles (well fed), apple with cinnamon

before bed: 8 oz kombucha

Thanks for the advice! I decided to do some chores to see if movement made it looser and it did and then the sun kind of came out so I did do my run. 3 miles staying near the middle/low end of my heart zone target average 11:53 pace. Feeling better now. Still sore but not as bad as this morning. Epson salt bath would be lovely if I could bring myself to try and take a bath in our bathtub. If I'm still sore after CG tonight I might sneak over to the gym and sit in the therapy pool for a little while.

I'm sorry you're so sore!  I'm glad the run helped.  I was barely sore after my Jillian DVD last week.  I think I need to figure out how to get some more intense workouts.  Maybe just get bigger weights.  I hope you get some time in the therapy pool! 

I am feeling much better today. Still a little sore but hopefully will be fine to teach tonight. Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep so got up and read for a while and had a little something to eat as my tummy was grumbling. Not sure why I was hungry as I felt like I ate all the things yesterday. Turned my alarm off and ended up sleeping until 9 on a day I told my boss I'd come in around 10. Oops. Will text him and let him know I'm running late. Good thing I live close. Did pretty well food wise at our CG potluck last night. One friend brought a ginormous Guinness Cake (theme was Irish Food) so I had as small a piece as I could carve out or it. It was good but way sweet and I couldn't finish my piece. Worth it.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled with sauteed kale, kraut, orange, black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: 3 mile easy run

M2: 3 spicy tuna cakes (nomnompaleo food for humans), 2 grass fed hotdogs, fresh greens and herbs salad with caesar dressing, roasted potatoes, mayo, mustard (like I said...I ate all the things...I was super hungry)

Afternoon: Dark chocolate mint coconut butter cup, walk to Starbucks (~1.5 miles), grande American with a smidge of half and half

Later Afternoon: more roast potatoes with feta cheese and mayo, 8oz kombucha

M3: paleo beef casserole (the paleo slow cooker), mashed potatoes with cabbage, Irish vegetable stew, roast chicken, salad with caesar dressing, small piece of Guinness Cake

Middle of the night snack: spoonful of cashew butter, small chunk of sweet potato sausage quiche (against all grains), a couple pieces of roast potatoes, herbal tea with gelatin

What did I miss, what did I miss? Parents, progress in being an instructor and sore horror story. Birthday too, happy belated, friend! Never stop (only to enjoy the moment and acknowledge how far you've come) and then onward to better faster stronger you! 

What did I miss, what did I miss? Parents, progress in being an instructor and sore horror story. Birthday too, happy belated, friend! Never stop (only to enjoy the moment and acknowledge how far you've come) and then onward to better faster stronger you! 

Thanks sweet girl! This year has been a wild ride and I am loving it!

Good morning! Friday! Yay! This week went by fast and was not nearly as productive as I was hoping it would be. Oh well. :) Helped my boss clean out our printer lab yesterday and then tried to do some documentation work (emphasis on try). Finally got cold and hungry enough to come home. Had 2nd meal and did some more scripting for WIM. Just didn't have the energy to get much done yesterday despite plenty to do. Saw the chiropractor in the evening. Definitely some range of motion issues to deal with and like zero strength in my glutes. All the muscle tests he did for my glutes I failed miserably. He beat the crap out of my glutes and gave me foam rolling homework. Need to remember to do that. I ordered a pink (yes pink!) foam roller but won't get here until Monday so need to roll at the gym until then. He thought it was awesome that I laugh when I'm in pain. Glad I'm amusing.  :rolleyes: Went and recovered in the locker room lounge area while I tried to review my choreography notes while children were watching Spongebob at an obscene volume. Taught my class with one major brain freeze (I blame spongebob) but otherwise went well. Microphone only worked for a couple of tracks as it wasn't plugged in to the charger when I went to fetch it.  :angry: Came home and scrounged some food. Up a bit too late reading, probably until close to midnight? I need a non lighted clock that I can glance at before I turn the light out. I think I slept through most of the night. Woke up a little before my alarm. Tried to snooze it but canceled it by accident in the act of grabbing the phone so got up at 6. Plan for today is BodyCombat (which I've not taken in ages...not since I lost 50 lbs in fact) and maybe pump/cx depending on how I feel. May or may not go to Sh'Bam tonight. That class is so much fun...just depends on my energy level tonight. Going to Cactus with a couple of friends for a belated birthday dinner. Mmm steak faijitas...yes please. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: sweet potato and sausage quiche (against all grains), roasted potatoes, black coffee with gelatin

8 oz black coffee, dark chocolate mint coconut butter cup

M2: savory sweet potato meatloaf (omg that's paleo?), fresh greens and herbs salad with caesar

coconut larabar

Exercise: Teach WIM

M3: roasted potatoes with feta and mayo, 3 fried eggs, 8oz kombucha

Archived