Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

He certainly can play. He will just be limited (like I am) in finishing some of the levels completely. There are areas you can only get into with a certain combination or type of swapforce skylander. (ok...if you didn't know I'm a geek here is proof) For example I currently have a water with climb and a fire with blast. So I can't get into the areas that require spin or speed or dig and I can't get into the areas that require a combo of say magic and fire. :D But I can still beat the level, just missing bonuses, but I can go back and do them later.

Gah!  I need to stop reading.  This sounds like something I could totally get sucked into.  And now, I'm super intrigued. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah!  I need to stop reading.  This sounds like something I could totally get sucked into.  And now, I'm super intrigued. 

Look away!  I used to play Civ2 and Sims back before kids.  My husband keeps trying to get me into new games (he claims Civ4 is better than Civ2, but I will never agree!), but I don't need anything else to suck up my time so I resist! 

Look away!  I used to play Civ2 and Sims back before kids.  My husband keeps trying to get me into new games (he claims Civ4 is better than Civ2, but I will never agree!), but I don't need anything else to suck up my time so I resist! 

Ugh Sims is evil! My husband brought home Sims Medieval a few years ago and that completely sucked me in for a month or so. Have not touched it since.

I ended up going with the white with the satin finish and foregoing the topcoat which I regret because it already chipped a little. I was wearing black and gray yesterday so thought the white worked well. Not sure I love it though. With the finish it kind of looks just like painting your nails with white out which I totally did in junior high. I may put the top coat on today and see if I like it better. Or I might just let it be and do the purple one this weekend.

Had a pretty decent day. Not super productive though. Had a fun walk with 2 friends and their sons to Starbucks and back. It was chilly yesterday but the sun was out. 

Last minute opportunity to teach this morning as the regular instructor's daughter came home from school yesterday with a fever. Was desperately trying to cram my choreography back in my head last night as I have been focusing on learning the new release as I had no teaching opportunities on the schedule before the end of February.

Had a restless nights sleep. Lights out around 10:30 though I think I fell asleep on my book before that, woke around 3 am and was hungry so had a piece of cheese and read until about 4:30 when I started falling asleep on the book again. Alarm went off at 6 and I must have dismissed it after the last snooze because I woke up again at 7. Oops. Glad my class isn't until 9:30.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 fried eggs, leftover Brussels Sprouts with bacon (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), bacon, black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: 2 mile easy run outside

M2: smokey grilled pork chops w/ cookout coleslaw, brussels sprouts with bacon (both from 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

Exercise: Walk to/from Starbucks (~1.5 miles round trip)

tall Americano with half and half, 8 oz kombucha

M3: Portuguese green soup (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook) (so good...2 bowls!)

1/4 tsp natural calm in water

3:30 am snack of raw cheddar

Good morning! Had a pretty decent day yesterday. Not super productive at work. Need to get focused today. Taught my class in the morning and it went really well despite some minor choreography errors. Had 19 people which is probably my biggest class yet. Got a really nice note via the regular instructor from one of the students as she had emailed them and let them know I was coming. :) Ran errands after work and came home early to help my husband tidy up a bit before company. Actually got to run the vacuum cleaner! What a difference even on our grungy old carpet. Cleaned the bathroom. Helped husband unclog the sink (note to self...do not put parsnip peelings down the garbage disposal). And started cooking for company with nice clean kitchen. By the time I was done cooking and people arrived it was kind of a disaster again. Everyone loved the food though and I made myself stay up and clean it up again before going to bed even though it was late. Was rewarding to get up and cook this morning in a clean kitchen (and it has returned to the clean state post breakfast...yay!) Lights out around 11:15 I think. Don't recall waking all the way up in the night but did have a lot of dreams. Woke up about 5 minutes before my alarm at 6 and snoozed but got up before it went off again. Going to go to boot camp this morning and I have a massage after work tonight.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs fried, cookout coleslaw (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), bacon, black coffee

Exercise: Teach WIM (1 hour)

M2: Portuguese green soup  (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

8 oz black coffee, 8 oz komucha

Snack: green apple and raw cheddar

M3: chorizo burger with spicy red onions (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), mayo, avocado, cheddar, season sweet potato fries (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), pickles

Dessert: pumpkin spice donut (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), tea

1/4 tsp of natural calm before bed

Great job on keeping that kitchen clean.  I hate cleaning up after guests leave, but it always makes for a much better morning!

Thanks! I so agree!

Nice recipes in that 21 day detox book.   Hope your day goes well - sounds like you had a pretty decent sleep and a pretty good day planned out with Boot Camp and a massage.

I'm enjoying a lot of them. Some of them have not really done it for me. I think I need to start keeping a document of what I've cooked and my rating of things like ease of preparation and over all enjoyment. Oh and how well it works as leftovers and perhaps what the real servings is. Sometimes a recipe that says 6 is really 3 for me. Sometimes one that says 3 is more. Good to know for meal planning.

Boot camp was awesome though I spent a great deal of time sucking wind. ;) Between circuit sets she had us do 2 mins on cardio machine of our choice with the biggest effort we could do. I ran on a flat treadmill and pushed the first minute at and 8 minute mile and then pushed it up to 7:30 minute mile. Super fast for me. 

Good morning! Pretty low key day yesterday. Very unproductive at work. Came home and made my dinner and cleaned up after myself. Went for my massage which was good. She said I'm maintaining much better between appointments now which means I don't have to see her as often. Yay! Not that I'm excited to see less of my friend but driving into the city can be a PITA. Been kind of feeling blocked up the past few days and gurling tummy again. Didn't take the natural calm last night. I'm going to lay off it until I'm done with the sugar detox (day 18 today) and then make those chill pill gummies like I originally planned when I can have fruit juice again. Might try to make magnesium oil today though and try that as well. My body seems to not want to sleep more than 6 hours. I believe I turned the lights out around 11:30 last night as I was falling asleep on the kindle and I woke up around 5:40 and couldn't go back to sleep. Was another restless night with lots of dreams too. BodyPump/CX today. Debating whether to hit the dreadmill after class or push my run off until tomorrow morning. I'm leaning towards the latter especially as I'm not sure where my Monday run will fit in my schedule this week so may push all my runs over a day. Hmmm. I think next week (starting Monday) I want to back off my morning coffee a little bit. My grind and brew is currently set to 4 cups and I think Monday morning I'm turning it back to 2. Well actually I'm going out to breakfast Monday morning so let's make that Tuesday morning. ;)

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: mushroom & green onion frittata (21 day sugar detox cookbook), bacon, black coffee

Exercise: Bootcamp 

PostWO: Smoothie with pumpkin, banana, water, gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg

M2: portuguese green soup, pumpkin spice donut (both from 21 day sugar detox cookbook), 8oz black coffee

M3: lemon ginger chicken, asian greens (both from 21 day sugar detox cookbook), 8 oz citrus kombucha while cooking

snack: (after massage - wasn't hungry really) pickle, raw cheddar

I typically do two cups of coffee in the morning and then switch over to tea (herbal, with one caffeinated in the afternoon).

On the natural calm, it is so funny how we all react so differently to things.

I've been doing 24 oz of coffee in the morning pretty regularly and then sometimes 8-12 oz early in the afternoon. I've cut coffee before (did 2 rounds of the clean program before trying Paleo) and I do think I sleep better when I cut it to 12 oz in the morning and than still allow for my 8-12 oz in the early afternoon. Worth trying it again at any rate. Is it sad that my resistance to doing this again is my love for my larger coffee mugs?  :rolleyes:

Yesterday was interesting. My workout was great but was so sore and trashed after. Didn't feel like making my post workout smoothie so just ate meal 2. I never felt full pretty much all day. Had 2 snacks after meal 2. Went and did kids ministry for our first Saturday service at church. Came home so hungry (was supposed to go grocery shopping) and made meal 3. Kept snacking on bacon. Made 2 eggs. Than realized I had never had a starchy vegetable after my workout.  :rolleyes: Sliced up and baked a sweet potato and felt much better. 

Slept alright last night. Probably lights out around 11:30 and woke about 15 minute before my 7 am alarm. Was awake on and off through the night. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: mushroom & green onion frittata (21 day sugar detox cookbook), bacon, black coffee with gelatin, raw kraut

Exercise: BodyPump Express + CXWORX

M2: lemon ginger chicken, asian greens (both from 21 day sugar detox cookbook), 8 oz citrus kombucha

Snacks: raw cheddar, small serving of portuguese green soup 

M3: grassfed burger (1/3 lb) with mayo and cheddar, 2 bubbies pickles, rest of the cookout coleslaw, bacon (I think I ate 6 strips last night over the course of several hours), 2 fried eggs, sweet potato sliced and baked with some coconut oil and spices, tea

sweet potatoes are magic. that is all.  :D

Indeed!

Had a nice 3 mile easy run. Slightly faster tempo than anticipated but HR stayed in target zone except for on the last uphill. Enjoying my smoothie with pumpkin in it now. Trying 100% whey protein for the first time.

Yawn! Stretch! It's going to be a long day. I got to bed at like 8:30 last night thinking I would get at least 8 hours of sleep. Woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. Grrr. Teaching the 11am class and the 7pm class today. I hope I make it. :) Got up this morning and had breakfast out with a friend. Giant omelette that I couldn't finish. Lots of coffee. Felt sleepy most of the day yesterday. Made chicken skewers for dinner that I just didn't love especially for the work they took. I have the leftovers for lunch but I just might finish my breakfast instead. Aside from my run and church I spent most of yesterday playing WoW with my husband.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: mushroom & green onion frittata (21 day sugar detox cookbook), bacon, black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: 3 mile easy run

Post-WO: smoothie with pumpking, banana, water, raw whey powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla

M2: grassfed burger with cheddar and mayo over mixed spring greens, 2 pickles, 8oz kombucha

​M3: tandoori chicken skewers, sweet potato flatbread  (both from 21 day sugar detox cookbook)

Cutting back on coffee is such a big decision.  I sure liked coffee, but my body just started telling me it was too much.  Your weekend sounded great between your meals, runs and boot camp.  I'm gonna go check out that green portuguese soup.

I also don't have any desire to cut out coffee.  I've done it before and know I can do it.  I just don't want to. :)  I usually have about a mug and a half in the mornings at work, more on weekends at home.  I can't go near it in the afternoon or I won't sleep.  I hate that I'm so sensitive to it because I love the smell and taste and even decaf has too much caffeine for me to have late in the day.  I envy those who can have it later.

Definitely no desire to cut coffee here. Same as Jen...I know I can. I do know also that when I was drinking less I was sleeping better. So this morning as promised set the dial on the grind and brew to 2 instead of 4. So far still standing. ;)

Yesterday was a crazy day. The 11 am class was 23 people. Never taught a class that big before. It was fun and I think most people liked it but the hard core freestyle water aerobics people were not happy (I know because one of them was expressing her feelings loudly in the locker room after class...awkward). Felt completely wiped out the rest of the afternoon and wasn't feeling great but showed up to teach at 7 pm anyway. That class was only 4 people. I thought it was going to be another 1 person class but 2 gals showed up at 5 past 7 and another gal showed up almost at the end of class. Once I got going I got the energy back and started feeling better. Had a scrounge dinner as I didn't have time to make what I had originally planned and didn't want anything heavy before bed. Lights out around 11:30, woke once and went back to sleep without checking the time, up at 6:30 after snoozing the alarm 3 times. Had to make my entire breakfast as I didn't have time/energy to prep it the night before and was late for pump this morning which was awesome. Going to go to RPM at noon as I promised my friend and than probably collapse on my couch afterwards. ;)

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 1/2 of a giant omelette with cheddar, bacon, tomato, and mushroom, hash browns, black coffee. They wouldn't let us substitute anything for the toast which I found quite rude.

Exercise: Teach WIM

M2: Rest of omelette and hash browns, sweet potato flat bread, 8 oz kombucha, 8 oz black coffee. I think the flat bread is what made me feel sick in the afternoon. I think I just ate too many of them. Could have been something sneaky in the omelette too. 

Exercise: Teach WIM (I had no appetite before class)

M3: 2 fried eggs, 2 strips bacon, 2 pickles, 1 sweet potato flat bread, herbal tea

My favorite cafe in town does that no-substitutes-for-toast thing too - I think it's because toast is so much cheaper than everything else! It is annoying, though. Hope you felt better today1

I guess. Still annoying. I am feeling better today. I got better sleep last night. I was right about why my sleep was getting disrupted. My instructor friend said she used to get that nausea feeling before she taught an evening class when she first started teaching. I've actually noticed it happens almost every time I sub that class which makes me think some of it is just nerves. 

Good morning! My legs are pretty dead this morning. Going to ease them out for a run anyway. Yes I'm mean to them. ;-) Nothing else planned for exercise today unless the sun shines again and then I'll walk with my friend but that will be slow and short. 

Stayed at work late last night to make up for being gone so much to be at the gym. By the time I got home I was too hungry and tired to make what I had planned to make for dinner. I should maybe go through the trouble of assembling it today before I go to work so I can just pop it in the oven when I get home. Watched some tv while I ate my scrounge meal. Lights out around 10:30. Woke once in the night for bathroom and didn't look at the time. Alarm went off at 6 and I accidentally dismissed instead of snoozed so I got up.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: Sausage and egg biscuit (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), broccoli with olive oil, black coffee (12 oz)

Exercise: BodyPump 88 (1 hr)

Post W/O: raw cheddar and green apple, 8 oz black coffee

Exercise: RPM 61 (I think that was the number she said) (45 min)

M2: can of tuna mixed with mayo and dill, 2 pickles, baby carrots, cucumber slices 

Afternoon beverages: 8 oz kombucha, flavored mineral water, herbal tea

M3: grassfed burger with raw cheddar, mayo over pile of spring mix, last 2 sweet potato flatbreads, sausage patty

herbal tea before bed 

So I finished the 21 Day Sugar Detox yesterday. Was a good way to get me off sugar and grains again but I don't feel like it was a miracle change for me. I've missed fruit and the occasional honey and my winter squash. I probably didn't add back in enough starchy vegetables on my big workout days. I've felt fairly low energy. My plan now is to return to the W30 template with the following exceptions:

- will allow minimal natural sugars

- will continue to allow my post workout to be a smoothie as I can't seem to wrap my head around eating whole food right after a workout (something I'll work on if/when I do another W30)

- will allow grassfed butter and minimal dairy in meals (I need to stop snacking on cheese though)

- will allow for "paleofying" as long as my meal still fits the template in the end result

- will allow ONE treat a day (either a piece of theos or eating evolved chocolate OR a cup of eating evolved hot chocolate OR a single serving of a treat I make myself)

- will allow non-gluten grains and dairy when eating socially and try hard to limit those social eating events to no more than 2 a week. gluten will be allowed if it is really really worth it

The week my parents are here (last week of February) will probably be looser on the rules as I'm sure we will eat out more than once and it is my birthday that week, but I'm going to adhere to this until then and see how it goes. 

I'm sorry that you had to hear those rude people complaining about your class.  People get used to certain instructors, I think.  They should still be polite about it.

Thanks for the recap of your 21 day detox.  Sorry it wasn't a life changer.  I like your plan for going forward.

Archived