January 6 - Day 1

Robert2014

Food dream for me too -- my first. Not very interesting or dramatic though. For some reason I saw crumbs from a cracker (this is actually sort of pathetic, huh?) and put a couple in my mouth. Then I thought, "Oh, no!! I can't eat this", and put my fingers in my mouth trying to get all the crumbs out before they dissolved. Oh, and I tried PaleoGardener's suggestion to help save a dried-out roast and it worked really, really well. Thanks so much! It was definitely palatable, and I ate that for dinner and breakfast. Now I'll make a fresh start with a new roast and hopefully do better. No tiger blood for me, yet, but my stomach is doing really well again, and I'm so thankful. Cheers to everyone!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll guys, this will be the end of the road for me. I found out today that I am headed to Japan on February 4th on a business trip. I went to Japan a year ago and I only survived that trip thanks to ramen noodles. I don't want to stress while I'm traveling, so I am planning to start again when I return. In the meantime I will be adding dairy and non gluten grains only. Hopefully my third Whole 30 won't start off as painful since it will be minor off roading.

I wish you all the best. I look forward to following the rest of your Journey. I'm excited for you all. And I'm so happy for all of the positive results I am seeing so far.

Kindest regards!

Today was a very good day--much better than yesterday, when KATT reared it's ugly head.  I think I was stressed because my breakfast put me behind schedule, then I was yelling at the kids to get going (even though the the lateness was probably mostly my own fault).  That's been the hardest part for me--figuring out a QUICK breakfast that I can eat early in the morning including enough veg.  I'm going to try some egg-frittata-muffins of some sort this weekend.  Ideas? Anyone got a good recipe for grab and go egg thingies? 

No tiger blood yet.  No food dreams either!  I did get Rx bars yesterday--ate 1/2 one post WO today--wow.  So delicious.  I definitely need to keep them as "emergency only" food!

Best recipe so far is the sweet potato chews--oh how I love them! http://whole9life.com/2010/10/stm-pwo-sweet-potato/

Today:

Bfast: sweet potato hash reheated with chicken, onions

Lunch: leftover pork chop with almond chimichurri (YYYYUUUUMMM), onions, and mashed cauliflower

pre-WO: hard boiled egg

post-WO: 1/2 Rx bar (coconut cacao)

Snack: blueberries

Dinner: giant steak, mushrooms, onions, spinach

Lots of water--been peeing all damn day! :)

Peace out, peeps!

Chellie

Definitely the Paleo Crock Pot Pork Shoulder Pernil Carnitas with the Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice!  I just made it again yesterday. 

http://ourfullplate.com/recipes/crock-pot/crock-pot-pork-shoulder-pernil-carnitas-style/

She also has a link to the Cauliflower Rice on that page.  

I'm doing good.  This past week has been tough.  The kids have been home from snow days all week and my husband has been working 12-14 hour days.  I have been feeling like days 12-15 with good energy, but just give me a glass of wine!  or ice cream!  or just a bowl of cereal.  or cheese!  But, I haven't done it.  Today was good, I didn't snack or give myself a "dessert".

Also, for breakfast, I've been sauteing peppers and onions, adding my grated sweet potato, then adding fajita seasonings (dash of salt, cumin, and cayenne) with lime juice.  I top it with two fried eggs and I've been loving that, too.  

Really though, with the kids home and the cabin fever and chaos I really want a glass of wine or three. ;)

Started a new workout today. Doing well. Juicing the multitude of lemons & oranges from my trees( freeze the juice in ice cube trays to save for later use)

Also trying out some recipes for a Super Bowl party. Today making plantain chips & sweet potato hummus.

Yesterday I was telling someone about W30, & they asked me how I could do just a limiting boring diet. I think I have eaten better on this program than I ever have. Finding healthy recipes made from scratch, not just from a drive thru or out of a box.

I've learned so much on this program. I will be taking a trip in February where I will have very little control over my food (relatives that don't understand & won't change). I have plans to do the best I can, but plan to do another W30 after I return. I can see where I can continue to learn & tweak things to do better.

Congrats to the J6er's. we've hung in this far- we can finish strong.

Have a great weekend!!!

You are gonna LOVE the plantain chips and SP hummus! I made it with my older grandaughter on New Years Eve!!! We had a blast! We made the hummus with a white sweet potato...delish!! :P    

I came up with "Yin and Yang" bowl for breakfast: 2 eggs fried in ghee over a cup of well-drained Bubbie's sauerkraut (though I plan to start fermenting my own foods soon). A few weeks ago the thought of this combination would have made me shudder (and run to the kitchen to bake a loaf of whole wheat bread), but now that I'm not addicted to flour, the balance of the rich eggs and the astringent cabbage is what I want in the morning.

My favorite recipe is definitely Nom Nom Paleo's Kalua Pork (16 hours in the slow cooker!). It's a lot like carnitas, but flavored only with Alaea salt (easy to get on amazon and might even be at WF). My menfolk have it on buns, but I have it with pickled vegetables and a big side of sauteed greens or cauliflower mash.

I don't miss the buns. Bready things now look like "why bother?" foods to me.

I've got a friend and a brother and his friend about to start their own Whole30s!

I had a dream last night that I ate an M&M Mc Flurry! I felt so guilty about it while I was eating it, but I just kept shoveling spoonfuls of the stuff down my throat! I woke up in a panic this morning...WHEW! That wasn't real!

Seriously though, I still feel like I could murder a pint of Ben & Jerry's and a box of Cheezit's...don't even get me started on how I am dying for a glass of wine!

Am I the only one still feeling like I will need to do a Whole3000 to ever remove the 30ish years of poor choices I've made with my diet? Humph...feeling a smidge deflated....

Made these with mushrooms, broccoli, onions, spinach, asparagus, sausage, a little freshly grated nutmeg (all sautéed in lard and ghee), poured 9 whisked eggs w/salt, pepper, nutmeg on top.  Put the extra stuff back in the pan to taste it--oh my heavens!  I will have no trouble eating this all week!

Greased the tins with lard and baked for 18 min.  Yay for quick breakfast (if I don't eat them all before Monday!)

Mission #2: figure out how to cook up this bunch of kale...

Happy Saturday!  Stay WARM!

Day 20! congrats J6ers- almost there.  I was feeling pretty good- don't know if it was Tiger blood but able to get through some long days at work- 10-12hr days, crazy cold & snow, without feeling exhausted or burned out. Yes, tired by the end of the day but not that exhausted- feeling like I-got run-over-by-a-truck kind of tired. Sleeping great. Much more energy and no negativity- my mood is really good. Then this morning I woke up and bam! Head cold from out of no where, raw throat, ear ache and generalized yuk. I have been eating Paleo ( not W30 strict) for over a year and rarely get sick so this is really annoying.  Keeping to the plan. Eating some more citrus for the vitamin c and stayed in bed for the morning ( which I never do!) Hopefully it will pass quickly and that Tiger blood will come my way before day 30. Have a great weekend everyone.

Kelly79 here is the recipe. Super easy & yummy. Enjoy

http://www.tgipaleo.com/2012/05/28/sweet-potato-hummus

Also this is the recipe for the plantain chips, a little different than others I had seen. These are more like pita chips. http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/plantain-tortilla-chips/

PaleoGardener, what do you substitute fo the tahini in the sweet potato hummus?

Favourite recipe--bison burgers! And Chinese 5-spice ribs. Those were amazzzzing!

Although I do want to continue eating like this (mostly) I am getting a little tired telling myself no to everything that comes across my path. And I honestly want my lattes back. That being said, I plan to eat similar means, continue with the creativity in the kitchen etc. I really don't foresee myself changing too much.

This week I am having spaghetti squash, bison burgers and omelette's with sausage and bell peppers. Excited about the variety!

I had a dream last night that I ate an M&M Mc Flurry! I felt so guilty about it while I was eating it, but I just kept shoveling spoonfuls of the stuff down my throat! I woke up in a panic this morning...WHEW! That wasn't real!

Seriously though, I still feel like I could murder a pint of Ben & Jerry's and a box of Cheezit's...don't even get me started on how I am dying for a glass of wine!

Am I the only one still feeling like I will need to do a Whole3000 to ever remove the 30ish years of poor choices I've made with my diet? Humph...feeling a smidge deflated....

Sorry you're feeling deflated! I sound kind of relentlessly chipper which might be discouraging and even annoying to some, but I'm actually working hard at staying upbeat because, living with three hearty eaters who aren't eating the way I am, I come up against all the my temptations daily and have to beat them back. I served the menfolk pasta tonight with Nom Nom Paleo Veal Polpettine while I served my portion on steamed zucchini.  It wasn't easy in the moment of serving, but the eating was great. It's been key for me to make meals I look forward to eating.

Curlygirl -

Trust me, there is not one among us who is saying, "Wow, this is so easy.  I think I will eat exactly like this every day for the rest of my life!"

God willing, you will have well more than 20,000 days on planet earth to put a beat down on the B&J and tasty liquid grapes.  Just get through the next 9.  :)

Day 21 is upon us!  

Hi all,

Today is my day 31, so I am officially DONE! I feel good and plan to continue eating this way. I am going away on vacation tomorrow and will off-road a little with things that are worth it, but otherwise I am sticking with this way of eating. I already packed a sweet potato and veggie hash and eggs for breakfast and to take on the plane tomorrow, so I am not stuck with nasty airplane food.

You guys are all so near the finish now. Stick with it and remember that you deserve nourishing, delicious real food that will fuel your body and mind! I saw the food court in our mall yesterday. No nourishment to be found there....

Thank you soooo much for your support! I will return for another w30 in February I think, to give my food and sleep habits another tweak. Maybe some of you will still be around then?

Until next time,

Jenny

I missed yesterday....too wrapped up in my grandsons hockey tournament!!

I feel on top of the world today, usually that means a crash to follow, but I am hopeful it is a new feeling.

I am still being very basic with my meals, but would like to try some of the recipes that are becoming so plentiful for paleo eaters.

It takes me a while to get my head around things . I am finding out how much fat I can tolerate, and seems I have to go easy on the olive oil.

We are on the home stretch, really proud of everyone including myself.

Have a great day

Food dream: pizza!  I took a bite, spit it out, then ate the rest of the piece.  Then I was trying to decide whether I was done with W30, was going to try to finish the last few days, or was going to start all over.  The residual dream-guilt lingers!  So weird.

Actually got to eat breakfast out today-eggs, spinach, onions, and mushrooms cooked in olive oil and a side of fruit, black coffee.

Lunch: 2 egg muffins that I cooked up yesterday, 1/2 avocado, and a few sweet potato chews.

Dinner tonight: hamburger on guacamole, sautéed onions, roasted asparagus, and maybe a fried egg on top!

Carry on!

Archived