SharynF

Whole30 Sample Reintroduction Schedule

On 16-10-2014 at 4:38 AM, Robin Strathdee said:

Kirkor- Correct, the new reintroduction schedule is phrased in terms of least to most likely to cause issues. BUT, order can change based on personal context and preferences. If you have a preferred order, or want to skip foods on our list, please feel free. Our schedule is our best recommendation, but variation is not a deal breaker.

I'm still confused... should I follow the reintroduction schedule in the book (so starting with dairy), or what's on the website (start with legumes). I start this coming Wednesday (3 more days left only... iiieeekkk!), so need to start planning my meals.

Would be really great if one of the professionals could shed some clarity. I saw someone else asked this question too but it doesn't get answered anywhere, instead snowed under by a discussion on dairy. I understand the concept of how to reintroduce, I just really really want to do it in the right order since I've never had any food sensitivities and am extremely curious to how my body will respond after these 30 days.

4 hours ago, Annayllop said:

I'm still confused... should I follow the reintroduction schedule in the book (so starting with dairy), or what's on the website (start with legumes).

The suggestions in the book and online for the order of reintroductions are just suggestions. You are free to do it in whatever order you prefer. If I recall correctly, the website one is in order of least likely to be problematic through most likely......but there is no "right order". Also know that you do not HAVE to reintroduce things you know you won't be eating again or things you already know give you trouble. For example in my house we do not ever, ever eat soy. So no need to introduce it. And I already know that dairy gives me trouble so I wouldn't test that either.

It's a personal experiment, do it how you feel is right for you. :)

This is so helpful. Thank you all! Funny thing after reading the Slow Mo way to reintroduce, my lower belly felt 'itchy' just thinking about bread and muffins. Now that's a signal I want to pay attention to!

Hi all, I've a question on re-intro. My husband and I are thinking of going on the fast track, but we do have events coming up on the weekend so I'm not quite sure how that's going to work out. We might end up doing somewhat of a slow roll but we're afraid that we may not end up knowing what's actually causing issues. Day 30 is tomorrow. Any how, I'm thinking of introducing soy first because Asian food has lots of soy, and we might not introduce the rest of the legumes because we really don't eat that much of it. IF soy does not give us any issue, does it mean that during the next intro day, we can keep some soy in the picture (e.g. soy sauce in marinates) or do we have to revert to total whole 30 + said intro food group (e.g. gluten free grains like rice?)

Hope my question makes sense. Thank you! 

29 minutes ago, Delicacious said:

Hi all, I've a question on re-intro. My husband and I are thinking of going on the fast track, but we do have events coming up on the weekend so I'm not quite sure how that's going to work out. We might end up doing somewhat of a slow roll but we're afraid that we may not end up knowing what's actually causing issues. Day 30 is tomorrow. Any how, I'm thinking of introducing soy first because Asian food has lots of soy, and we might not introduce the rest of the legumes because we really don't eat that much of it. IF soy does not give us any issue, does it mean that during the next intro day, we can keep some soy in the picture (e.g. soy sauce in marinates) or do we have to revert to total whole 30 + said intro food group (e.g. gluten free grains like rice?)

Hope my question makes sense. Thank you! 

Each item that you reintroduce is to be done on a completely clear framework. Ie, if you introduce soy first, you eat Whole30 for a couple of days to see how you react and then you move on to the next item. Each item is done alone.