9 June Start

dcducks1

Morning 35ers,

We should be SO proud of ourselves! I agree with Rose, I need to make time for exercise. My boss agreed to walk on the beach tonight and make a whole 30 dinner, what more could you ask for in a boss. It will be a working evening while incorporating healthy eating and exercise...excellent. Hip is definitely on the mend, will just continue to focus on lower mobility and walking and upper strength. I feel like I've lost so much momentum for this injury time which frustrates me. My body composition is worse and I feel weak. I still haven't adjusted to the higher fat content because it makes it hard for me to stop eating. I would imagine I'm just eating too much fat.

Okay, no time this am. DEB I packed my can of coconut milk. I really wanted to make that cauliflower thai soup, but due to time and to keep in the spirit of your wonderful effort I will slap some coconut milk on some strawberries and blueberries along with cinnamon and toasted almonds and coconut (if I can find compliant). Make it a great day!

Miki

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weekend it finally dawned on me that, after feeling nauseous for the third time in two weeks after eating duck eggs, perhaps I have a sensitivity to duck eggs?  I raise ducks and eat a lot of duck eggs, but never before have I noticed that they don't sit well with me.  Were the symptoms masked before because of the other crap I was eating, or is my gut healing enough that the symptoms are just showing up more?  My plan is to quit all eggs for 30 days from here and then reintroduce chicken eggs first to see how that goes.  And this may finally be my excuse to down-size the flock.

I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing well.  This weekend I cooked, I cleaned (washed all hardwood floors, cleaned 2 bathrooms including baseboards), I did yard work, and then I kayaked a few miles and saw:  bald eagles, blue herons, an egret, a pileated woodpecker and a mama wood duck with a passel of ducklings.  Now, on to the second half!

Quote of the day "CLEAN my dirty 69ers!"

lol/ y'all are earlybirds! Although I realize some are in very different time zones across the country and the world. 

Rose, you get the extra credit :-)  Are you Irish born and bred? Those recipes look amaze, love that you are using coconut at every meal!

Miki I think you are doing so well in bossland - when does she release you to your own devices again? Coconut milk on berries with cinnamon and coconut actually sounds really good!

Higs - sounds like you could have a duck egg sensitivity  - I gave up eggs about 90 days ago and am trying to bring them back. Having some issues mostly bcs they now taste super eggy to me and I'm a bit grossed out. Allergy wise I haven't really noticed a difference. Jury is still out. 

Two weeks in guys and I love that we're talking about exercise - the hardest thing of all for me, a natural couch potato. I'd rather lie on the couch than do pretty much anything else. In fact I'm lying on it right now!  On Saturday I completed a 40 day yoga challenge - 40 classes in 40 days - in full disclosure I must say that you could go to any class at that studio to comply and some were straight up meditation (loved those!)  - nonetheless I did it and kicking and screaming all the way for about the last 15 days about that mandatory commitment. Still, I recommend it, something about these finite blocks of time that helps conquer the challenge, or makes it do-able. I'm figuring out what to do next; I can't commit to daily because of my work schedule but maybe 3/4x a week a combo of yoga and some dancing (I love to dance), take advantage of what's on offer in this big crazy city.

I cooked a lot yesterday so I should be good to go for this week  - oh, I made the beef liver pate with blueberry jelly - except I made it with chicken livers and without the jelly - and it is GOOD!!!! Really good. I think it would be even better with the jelly on top.

Ok, everyone, HALFWAY THERE! Have a great Monday.

For those of you keeping track - here is the weeks ingredients of the day (IOD)...thanks Deb

NEXT WEEK:

Mon   Coconut

Tue    Pork

Wed  Brussels Sprouts

Thu   Shrimp

Fri     Eggs

Sat   Grapefruit

Sun  Leeks

I had some free time today so I have been cleaning my cubicle at work. I dusted, wiped everything down and threw away everything that I could. I hung a few things, took down a few things..........spiffy clean! Then I went and cleaned the break room.....disgusting! I'm not a coffee drinker and I damn sure wouldn't eat or drink anything from there. Is it really that hard to COVER something you are going to microwave? And if you don't and it explodes all over the inside.......do you think maybe you might want to clean that? I can't imagine what some of these people's homes look like. I printed off the picture of the old woman in the kitchen with the "Have You Seen This Woman? caption. It's all about "I haven't seen your mom here either so CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!"

Tonight I will work on the dirty hand marks on the walls and doors in my own home. Then I am planning on a long walk with my dog, upper body workout (lift weights) and then straighten my workshop. I will also get a few things done on my antique motorcycle since some of the parts I am waiting on are about to arrive. I ordered some new tools today (tools are the equivalent of lipstick for my wife) because I HAD to have them......it's not like I wont use them.

MKBF - glad you are feeling the Tiger Blood!

Miki - you lost me when you called us 35'ers. Glad you are feeling a little better with the aches and pains!

Cara - you don't have time to be grumpy! Now....get all of the wind out of you and get to cleaning...in your sleep!

Higs - sounds like it's the duck eggs. Ducks are bad! I have been hunting waterfowl for many years and I tell people that I only shoot the ones that pose a threat to humans. When they say they have never seen a duck pose a threat I say "that's how good a job I'm doing!" I joke, I do love to waterfowl hunt and I LOVE watching my beautiful black lab do what he is trained to do.....(tried to get the wife to swim in icy water with a duck in her mouth but she just refused to catch on)!

My dinner tonight will be: Shrimp and pork steak nestled on a blanket of eggs and brussel sprouts, covered in a reduced coconut glaze garnished with leeks and grapefruit! hahahahaha

Dave

Deb - emotional days are so hard - and many times it's hard to find the root - hope you're feeling better!! Let it go, Girl! And you are so right about the AIP info, overwhelming and each one has a little different take - I am just trying to find a middle ground and hold to it

Higs- I feel you on wishing you could get your hubby on board - for me, it's my mom(have I mentioned, she lives with us) she has been diagnosed with so many auto-immune reactions it's unreal. But at least she is eating what I fix for supper - my prayer is that as I improve she will get more onboard

Oh girl, I am with you on the coffee - I really really don't want to give it up, I have stopped drinking my afternoon iced tea - but "please don't take my coffee away"

YOur Plantain chips sould awesome - SO many wonderful recipes, so little time!

Rosann, Deb- Thanks for the fed back on egg substitute - think I will try the applesauce, I am avoiding seeds right now--

Rose -I am with you on the Grouchy -mine was Friday, I feel really sorry for the salesmen that didn't take my first "No, thank you" as their que get get the hey out of my office

Miki - Coconut milk on blueberries w/ roasted coconut flakes - I'm all in!

Higs - Isn't this a fun and interesting journey - duck eggs- I find this all so fasinating, can't wait to hear how it works for you. Also sounds like your energy level is up - wow great weekend!!!

AS from me I went from grouchy Friday, to so/so Saturday, to Super Woman Sunday - Bathroom- cleaned, used baking soda and vinegar, mostly(trying to reduce the use of chemicals) - even hit the baseboards and corners with a toothbrush, kitchen-clean, bedroom-clean, floors of rest of house- dust mopped, door facings- done, grass out of flower bed, tree trimmed (hubby, helped with this one), laundry done, groceries bought, yoga, deck sweep, water hose replaced - I was just a ball of energy, tired last night, but the good kind of tired, not that exhausted can't pick up my feet, lead me to the bed kind -

Here's hoping you all have a great day!! As more me, I will probably be hitting that list hubby have me to do on his 68 Chevelle - well maybe I'll just fix something wonderful with coconut and fetch his beer for him :)

Everyone seems to have quite a bit of energy today. I guess it's all that cleaning Dave is having ya'll do. (Yes, I said ya'll -- I'm just not doing that part. Too many things on the plate right now.) Dave, I will, however, be willing to try swimming with fowl in my mouth. That's something I've not yet experienced.

Deb - I just made the tomato soup recipe you linked to with coconut milk. My first use of coconut milk. Really good soup. Thanks for posting.

I've never understood not covering in the microwave and pretending you don't see the splatter when you take out your food. Seriously!! I can't pretend I don't see a mess. And the thought of leaving it for someone else to clean up is unheard of. I'm too much of a people pleaser, I guess. Or....... maybe I'm not just a slob. I'll go with the latter.

A couple people have mentioned going on past 30 days. I am definitely NOT going back to the way I was eating. (Which means ya'll should sell your stock in Little Debbies because the stock will fall when it realizes I'm done.) I will just try to listen to my body when I'm done. I will probably eat primarily like this at home and eat thoughtfully when I'm out. Mostly, I just want to listen to what my body is telling me instead of obeying what my mouth says it wants.

Dave -- Is that what you're really having for dinner? Not fair. I can't make it from Florida to Maryland in time for dinner. More notice next time, please.

Deb - I so agree what you said about finite time blocks. That's why this works, I think. At the beginning when I wanted eat everything I saw, I just kept reminding myself that it is only for 30 days. I can do anything for 30 days. Of course, once we accomplish something, we want the benefits to continue so we keep the better parts of the new thing. Hopefully, anyway.

Both of my meetings went well today. One went better than expected. They were blown away by my product, placed a good order, placed a huge order for a November event, and assured me they would be regular customers. They are using my product as client gifts. AND, the most favorite thing about my business for me is watching someone who has never before had one take their first bite. I love the expressions and comments. I got to see 5 people in their office do it today. Made my day. Came home and ate a chicken salad stuffed tomato for lunch and made tomato soup (with today's coconut (milk)) for dinner. I think I'll just have a big salad with it. Haven't had a salad this week yet.

I'm loving everyone's posts but don't have lots of time to comment.

Rick and are on our vacation - food choices are going well, but it does have me a little anxious.  We finished a 31 mile bike ride this morning. It was tough at the end, but felt pretty good!

Miki - You crack me up! Yes, please keep the boyfriend chatter to a minimum  :)

Deb - Thanks for the coconut recipes. I'm definitely going to keep those to reference!

When Rick and I started talking about Whole 30, a friend recommended this website: http://paleorecipes.chriskresser.com/

Obviously it's paleo, not Whole 30. However, I think this could be a great addition to my meal planning and perhaps make things easier. I think my initial response was: "There is no way that this is a forever thing for me, so I will NOT be needing that website!"

I did mention that I would report back on the YAWP! bars.  First, they are highly portable, and compliant. Those are the highlights.  They are the consistency of a Nature Vally Granola Bar, dry and crumbly.  So for taste, it's a challenge for me because I was hooked on unctuous protien bars that tasted like candy bars. There is no comparison.  They are great to have on a long bike ride though, and I was grateful to have them.

That is all. Woo hoo to Day 15!

CC - CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BIKED 31 MILES! AMAZING! Good to get the feedback on the YAWP bars.

I love Chris Kresser - and it was his recipe I posted for the yuca fries the other day. He also has an amazing series of articles about GERD/acid reflux - if anyone is interested I can dig around for the links. I personally have found that as long as I stay away from sugar, the reflux stays in check. That app/tool of his looks super cool and helpful. Looks like there is a Whole 30 section AND one for auto immune. Thanks for posting! 

I had blueberries with coconut milk, roasted cocounut flakes with a dash of cinnamon after my chicken stir-fry at lunch today! All that goodness in one little bowl, I took one bite and knew I has hooked, stopped cleaning up my lunch dishes(always double tasking, lunch hour always seems like lunch 20 min)) went and sat on the couch and enjoyed my little taste of wonderful!!!  Can't thank Miki enough for that little nugget of pure gold!!

Lily, yes my thoughts are to continue past 30 days but I am trying real hard to take each day as it comes - telling myself this is a journey not a race. Seems to help me.

Dave, i have hung clean up after yourself notes all over our break room - pretty much a waste of paper -

Rosann, so excited for you and your business!! 

Sadie - don't let them win! Great job on the cleaning too....excellent! A clean home is a happy home.....and a dirty mind is .......probably  mine!

CClaymon - if you need to travel that far, you might want to buy a car........they really help a lot! hahahaha...congrats on your great ride!

Rosann - my dinner was EVERY ingredient for the week that Deb posted.......just being a smart ass (as usual)! And...good luck trying to take my dogs favorite thing to do away from him.

Meadowlily - I have to say that I will stay very close to this program. I am a very active person and do not shy away from physical labor. This program has taught me that I can still eat good food and lose weight/ feel great WITHOUT the Slimfast shakes, crazy gym workouts, etc. This is the way I want to live the rest of my life......or until Captain Morgan claims me!

Deb - good job on your Yoga! You are setting a great example for "former couch potatoes" everywhere!

Dave

Day 15 is finally here!!

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days, its been hectic.

Friday and Saturday were by far the hardest days for me. We were out both days and it was very challenging on staying compliant. We went out for dinner and I ordered steak, "steamed" veggies and plain sweet potato.. I woke up the next morning with a massive headache a bloated, not sure what could have caused it.

Saturday went to my favorite rib place and I had plain ribs with no sauce yuck!! I wanted to cry on how deprived I felt. I am still compliant but it was not easy. I have to admit that I almost fell off the wagon.

I am feeling good, hoping weight starts coming off this week as my side effects from the whole 30.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Guys I was cruising the W30 forums just a little and came across this great post. Thought it was worth sharing. 

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/9834-nadia-and-2-rounds-of-whole30-the-magic-isnt-happening/

Tomorrow's ingredient of the day is one of my faves – PORK!!! Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh. Since we already had bacon day, I won't include recipes that are solely bacon related. 

Ok so right off the bat I have to post my two Nom Nom Paleo slow cooker favorites – recipe tested by me! Both delicious and just so easy.

Slow Cooker Cheater Pork Stew

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/8425643634/slow-cooker-cheater-pork-stew

Kalua Pork (not the liquer but the Hawaiian classic)

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/10031990774/slow-cooker-kalua-pig

Nom Nom has a TON of pork recipes and I assume that they are all pretty delish. You can just go to her website and put in keyword: pork.  I bought her book I love her so much.

YUM this looks good Pineapple Braised Pork Roast

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/pineapple-braised-pork-roast/

Oven Baked Pork Ribs

http://paleopcos.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/oven-baked-pork-ribs-whole30-compliant/

Pork Al Pastor

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/32972-paleowhole30-pork-al-pastor/

Pork Chops and Applesauce

http://www.janssushibar.com/pork-chops-applesauce/

Roast Pork with Onion Apple Gravy

http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/10/27/roast-pork-with-onion-apple-gravy/

Pork and Sweet Potato Stew

http://katbiggie.com/pork-sweet-potato-stew-whole30-compliant/

Spinach and Pork Burgers

http://cavegirlinthecity.com/dont-cave-in-spinach-and-pork-burger/

Spiced Crispy Pork Belly

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com/2014/01/paleo-spiced-crispy-pork-belly.html

Pork Meatballs in Broth

http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2013/05/nigel-slaters-pork-meatballs-in-broth.html

Ginger Scallion Pork Meatballs

http://paleoparents.com/2013/guest-post-simone-ginger-scallion-pork-meatballs/

ok this looks wow. Chinese BBQ Pork

http://crossfitwv.typepad.com/eatpood/2013/03/the-long-awaited-chinese-bbq-pork-recipe.html

ENJOY THAT PORK! 

Rest of the week's IODS:

Wed  Brussels Sprouts

Thu   Shrimp

Fri     Eggs

Sat   Grapefruit

Sun  Leeks

Hola Chicas and chicos,

Just finishing my breakfast before getting the kidlets out of bed (nomnompaleo sweet potato hash with some bacon thrown in and an egg on top, surprisingly moreish, I'm maybe too stuffed for the peach I planned to devour after).

Yesterday was interesting. I followed through with my plans-thanks for the cheerleading guys, it made me feel accountable and stopped my instinct to bargain for delay in its tracks-ate three coconut infused meals and exercised.

Okay. So the thing is, I remember exercise as a pleasurable experience. Back when I used to go to the gym most days, swim, do pilates and yoga classes, back then it was. Because my body was conditioned to the increased demands on it. Yesterday was, perhaps, a slightly different proposition. Holy crap. 20 minutes of sustained exercise and I was the colour of a Bolivian tree frog (there's probably no such thing as a Bolivian tree frog, full disclosure- just imagine a bloated, empurpled amphibian and you'll have an accurate picture of my face).

While not entirely unexpected, I had a moment of wobble where I felt more than a little self-disgust for allowing my fitness levels to drop to such a low place. But I got back up kids, because Day one is always the hardest. Remember day one of the whole 30? I don't care to.  The point is to do things in spite of difficulty. Kick difficulty in the face and don't listen to the crocodile tears it cries, right? Onwards and upwards.

As an aside, keeping my mind busy with other activities not related to the program had a leavening (bread joke) effect on staying compliant. I wasn't thinking about day 31 and glasses of wine when I was sweating on my lawn. Bet the neighbours filmed that shizzle for youtube, I would have. This is the wisdom behind Dave's daily chore list, and it's very clever thinking D-money. I think today I'll get started on reupholstering the second club chair in my living room (after the first one I needed a 90 day break to forget how incredibly ghastly it is to remove 10000 staples with a pliers). 

Thank you, each and every one of you, for caring enough about your health and wellbeing to do this program, and for contributing your fascinating experiences each day so that nobody has to feel alone. You are the Mount Olympians of whole 30.

And Meadowlily? I won't go back to sugar or wheat or a lot of other rubbish I used to rely on, but just you try to prise that icy bottle of beer out of my sweaty little hand on day 31. Actually, don't try that, somebody would get hurt (probably me, did I mention I'm not as fit as I used to be?)

Debs, I'm half Irish (Mom's Irish Dad's a Yank), and have lived a peripatetic back and forth existence between the Midwest and Ireland for 37 years. Settled here now for the most part, but there are days when the light has a certain quality that reminds me of a suburban Michigan street on a spring afternoon...those are hard days. I found a long time ago that you can never return, though, because the place you remember has been eaten by time. C'est la vie. I have Europe on  my doorstep and the wit and naughtiness of Ireland to compensate.

Love to you all and a happy day 16. That's the sunny side of the hill people!

Rose

Hi all!

I wanted to check in after my trip to South Carolina. It was a success and I am now in the middle of packing and am on the fast track to get done by the first (the day the truck comes) to move!!! I found the cutest house and am soooo excited to be going to such a gorgeous area. There are 25 waterfalls in my near vicinity with hikes that are of differing levels of difficulty. It is just a slice of heaven there! 

I have never hiked before and now with my knees getting so much better, I am looking forward to adding this form of exercise. I never liked the idea of just walking for the sake of walking with no destination. And running?...well, you'd better have a gun. It never worked real well for me as a form of exercise. Now I am looking forward to trying it.

I was so glad I packed the food I did, but I so wish I would have added tuna or salmon, (Thanks higs and rosann) I will definitely do it the next time! As it was I found a Lemon- pepper rotisserie chicken that was yummy. Somehow every time I used to go on a trip it was a 'no holds barred' kind of mindset and open season on all kinds of bad food choices under the guise of 'I'm on vacation' or 'I deserve this'. Well today I deserve health! I want a body that will follow what my mind wants to do. I had a compliant trip!!! 

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts and don't know with all the packing if I will get a chance to. I did see our fearless leader's (a.k.a. Dave wielding a cleaning rag like a whip) post. Thanks for all the butt kickin'. And I took a minute to read the post that Deb suggested. Well worth the read! Thanks Deb! Also I am going to cook a pork roast today in a huge pot I have and was thinking I need a slow cooker and some dang proper kitchen knives. 

Have a fantastic Day 16 my fellow 6/9ers!!! So glad we're all still here!

Hmmmm I'm no longer getting updates when people post. I'm signed up for following this topic with instant notification, but stopped receiving notifications yesterday? Anyone else having this?

I'm having the same thing!!! It scared the crap outta me too. I thought we were down again. Yeah, I haven't been getting notices for a few days now. Maybe we should contact someone...

All I have to say is what the EFF with this forum being down shizz. OMGGGGG I miss y'all when you're gone. 

Ok, I'm getting it in quick in case we go down again. 

Our ingredient of the day tomorrow is: BRUSSELS SPROUTS!

A much maligned food, we now have many ways to make these “fairy cabbages” (my Mom called them that, clever) very very tasty including roasting them, shredding them, making salads from the leaves, and cooking them with bacon and balsamic. Gone are the days of the old boiled BS. ENJOY.

Here’s the recipe round-up:

Crispy Brussels Sprouts

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/03/26/crispy-brussels-sprouts/

Bacon Balsamic Brussels Sprouts

http://www.ourpaleolife.com/2014/03/bacon-balsamic-brussels-sprouts/

Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts

http://detoxinista.com/2012/11/balsamic-roased-brussels-sprouts/

Lemon Brussels Sprouts Salad

http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/02/22/shaved-brussel-sprouts-with-lemon-vinaigrette/

Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Pistachios, Cranberries, Bacon and Mint

http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2013/02/brussels-sprout-slaw-wpistachios.html

Duck with Brussels Sprouts and Fennel – YUM

http://www.paleofondue.com/2014/02/27/duck-brussels-sprouts-fennel/

Since there’s nothing better than bacon and dates, I’m guessing this is GOOD

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Dates, and Dijon Glaze

http://www.honeygheeandme.com/2012/05/brussels-sprouts-wbacon-medjool-dates-html/

omit the honey, obvs and make sure that mustard is compliant

Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Grapefruit Salad

http://www.seasonalandsavory.com/2014/02/shaved-brussels-sprouts-and-grapefruit-salad.html

Horseradish and Bacon Brussels Sprouts

http://painfreekitchen.com/2013/04/horseradish-and-bacon-brussel-sprouts/

Brussels Sprouts Chips

http://inspiredrd.com/2012/03/brussels-sprouts-chips.html

Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Shrimp

http://xfitmama.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/warm-brussel-sprouts-salad-with-shrimp/

Blueberry Brussels Sprouts

http://naomihattaway.com/2013/07/blueberry-brussels-sprouts-on-the-whole-30/

ok just getting crazy since this has so many IODs in it

Pork Shoulder with Yucca and Brussels Sprouts

http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2011/07/slow-cooker-shoulder-roast-with-yucca-brussels-sprouts-and-carrots/

DON'T BS WITH YA BS!

Coming up:

Thu   Shrimp

Fri     Eggs

Sat   Grapefruit

Sun  Leeks

Ok, its been up for 10 mins now so I'll keep going! 

Rose - I so feel ya on the exercise thing - and I'm always like, why are these yoga poses so hard? Ohhh its also bcs I'm supporting 40 extra pounds of body! That's a lot of extra to be hefting all around and up and down. 

Sandy - so so great that you had such a great trip, ate so well and that you'll be moving to such a gorgeous place!! Congrats! And well said - you deserve health. What a great motto for us all. 

D A Y S I X T E E N

Will I be doing another Whole 30 right away? Doubtful bcs I have to go into the field for work starting July 7 and do crrrrrrazy 18 hour days so I am probs going to be shoveling SWMPO style snacks in just to survive. But will I make every effort to stay compliant apart from homemade paleo granola bars and such even in those conditions? I sure will because I really think eating this way, though not without its challenges, is way better for my energy levels. I've been without nuts and nightshades for about 6 weeks now so am curious to re-intro them. Very unsure about how the egg re intro is going, I've had some aches and pains and as I said in a previous post, am finding the eggs grossly eggy. But man I would like  to be able to add mayo back in. Sigh. 

Generally, I am feeling pretty good. I am better with 4 smaller meals - one before work, one mid morning, one late afternoon and one when I get home. I've tried eating more at 3 meals and they just didn't hold me over. Also, my hair has stopped falling out (side effects of some steroids I had to take - hard for this anti Western medicine gal) - not sure if its the acupuncture, the vitamins, the yoga, the W30, the Indian herbs I slather on it,  or some big ass combo of all of the above. But I'll take it bcs the Daisy Fuentes hair extensions weren't really gonna cut it.

Ok, rambling now, hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!!

This forum is total crap! For a program that is 100% DEPENDENT on groups working together to achieve success, you would think that it would be a little more stable than it is! I sent them an email and explained to them if they couldn't keep the website up that people will eventually leave to go find the NEXT great healthy program website. Whatever!

Theheywhohaa - welcome to the inner (scary) workings of my evil plan. Glad to see you are enjoying this and accepting my cleaning challenges.

Good job on the workout- keep it up!

I had a quick fish dinner last night and a salad. Walked my dog and straightened the garage. I spent the next few hours sanding, priming and painting the interior of the Comet....looks sweet. My middle son Henry helped throughout the process. My neighbor with the '69 Stingray Corvette came down. He is taking his family on a two week cruise and I volunteered to fix his car ( brakes, shocks, suspension, steering, valve cover gaskets) while he is gone. That puts me in the running for "Neighbor of the Year"!

Found some time to break out the Purple Power and cleaned the stairwell, center island panels, fridge, and door knobs. Sparkly shiny....just like our group.

I noticed we are down to our last couple of chores sooooooo.......I added more! Your are welcome, dirty 69'erd! Todays cleaning chore:

Tuesday- Just chill....while you clean out the fridge and freezer! Take the drawers out and wash them and get rid of the meatloaf from last November!

Wednesday - Breath........this will be easier to do once you have cleaned all of the vents and ceiling fans!

Thursday - Vacuum/declutter a vehicle today! Clean out the garbage from last summer's road trip! A wash job wouldn't hurt either!

Friday - Garage or shed - it's time to try and find the floor and walls. You might just find that bike you bought to EXERCISE on!

Saturday - COME OUT OF THE CLOSET................right after you have straightened the shoes, hung everything up, and sorted out the winter and summer clothes!

Sunday - Relax......NO REALLY...RELAX! Take a minimum of 30 minutes to do slllooooowwwww stretches, cose your eyes, lay down, get a massage, take a swim (take a short swim if it's in a hot tub), rent a prostitute, take a leisurely walk, listen to soft sounds, take a nap, meditate, medicate................today is your day to take it easy! You can thank Miki (and God) for this day! You all deserve this day...you are doing amazing and I am very proud of all of you!

Dave

Jeez Louise, is this some sort of sadistic W30 forum deprivation plan to wean us from each other's support and make us tough it out alone??  So not fair.  I missed you all today.  Anyway, we're back and fingers are crossed that we don't go down again.  Fair moderator Chris, is there a way that routine maintenance can be posted on the forum before the rug gets pulled out?  That way Dave and Deb can stock us up on chores and recipes before things get too out of hand.

Day 16, y'all.  My next two weekends involve traveling and house guests, so I've been watching and learning from you all about how impressively you've handled it.  I'm not too worried about compliant eating on those weekends, but my biggest concern is that I've been spending several hours on Sundays shopping, cooking and prepping food for the week ahead.  Not having that day to do is going to bring a new twist to my planning.  But I got this.  Two plus weeks down and I feel almost like a pro!

Rose:  your posts are a delight, every single time.  I can relate to the Bolivian tree frog image.  Oh yes.  I still think I'm a 23 year old distance runner, but alas, 30 pounds and 24 years later I'm huffing and puffing (and still have every intention of being a distance runner again!).

Sandy:  you will hike!  All those waterfalls and trails mean lots of good adventures ahead for you.  Go knees!  Have you tried using hiking poles?  They've been highly recommended to me for taking pressure off my knees going down hill (I have ongoing IT band issues) so I'm going to get some for a backpacking trip I'm thinking about in September.

Deb:  hooray for brussels sprouts!  Mmmmm, bacon and balsamic... oh my.  I skipped pork today, but I ate some leftover venison meatballs and they were YUM.

Great job to everyone!

Dave, I'm so glad you wrote to them regarding the CRAZY unreliability of the forum. I'm always at them on Twitter and FB and was told that the forums were free, so...to which I replied, so is the word of mouth advertising that we all do (and are asked to do, if you subscribe to the daily updates). I don't want to be churlish about something that we are all getting so much out of but I do think that an expectation has been created that we'll be able to have 24/7 support from the forum so to take it away for a day at a time (three times in one week) is quite a lot of forgiveness to ask from us. If it were me, I would schedule the updates for the dead of night. Ok rant over. 

Higs - I found this! Might be helpful for you:

http://whole9life.com/2011/07/whats-in-your-cooler/

Archived