9 June Start

dcducks1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Although I have not been posting, I am reading.

Everyone seems to be doing well.

Miki- I woke up with a headache the last 2 days, I also seem to get headaches after eating out somewhere that is not home. I am not seeing any weight loss, I do notice my face to be a tiny minute thinner...tiny.

This whole 30 has been different than my previous one, my previous my eczema was gone in 14 days, I am still having to use steroid creams just not as often.

Deb- I stone mainly shirts, I stone business logos, dance sports ect.. I run into some very interesting/competitive mothers when it come to bling..lol

Theheywhohaa- I am a nurse and I dont believe sugar free and grain free are abusive.. the hospitals makes us nurses consult dietary to help the patients come up with menus and help them eat healthier. What I see is moderation with everything is ok,that includes pasta and whole wheat and learning to count carbs.Whole grains and sugar free is suggested and preferred. Now for me that never worked but that is what the patients are educated on. May work for some but not for me personally.

Off to make coffee and pop some advil..Have a great day.

Morning Gabenick,

Still in the kitchen making slumgullion for the kids for their week, as well as chicken and roasted zucchini (they love it, not me).

I'm not feeling food driven the last couple of days (except 8 to 11).

I just think restaurants don't use good ingredients around here...I'm I'm not up for poached and steamed much, so I have to figure that out in life. I'm not doing advil because of some things I read about autoimmune...so drinking a lot of water and that seems to be making the headache go away.

SLow start today.

Good Morning, all! We made it thru day 20 - this is all so exciting!  I am been MIA a couple of days so have spent the better part of the morning catching up - ya'll are an amazing group!!

Welcome, Abby, nice to have you with us!

Laurie, so excited for ya'll, sure is great news - Your guy is fortunate to have you in his corner, you have shown such strengthen thru all of this

Higs, Great news on you blood work!!!! Keep up the good work! Ain't it fun eating fat and getting healthy!

Martha (aka Deb C) thanks again for your wonderful recipes and your encouragement. The recipes have been a wonderful help.

I too am still waking with runny nose and headache- it seems to not be as bad and I am having periods of no symptoms during the day.

As of today, I am taking bell pepper out of my list,  not sure why I hung on to them (oh, I remember, they are darn good) - but not as good as feeling good -

Hope you are able to get your meds compounded to work for you better!

Looking forward to trying your grapefruit tips some day!!

I am going to try the leeks and cauliflower recipe this week.

Lily - I too grow up on wild protein, it was a family outing to go hunt what ever was in season, I have so many fond memories -

Yum the trout looks wonderful!

Loved your glazed eyes joke

Dave - Your "Don't be overwhelmed by all the info" post came at a perfect time. Thanks and thanks again.

As I have mentioned before, I had never heard the word Paleo 'til a few weeks ago, I have been busy trying to learn all I can, it can be extremely over whelming, but thank goodness for Whole 30 and all you guys. I just tell myself to stay the course and give it all time.

And your a poet !! where do your talents end?

CC - Great quote - just what we needed. I have struggled a bit the last few days, so this was perfect, messy middle!!

How did your ribs turn out? Think I will try that.

The Hey - I too truly enjoy are writing, looking forward to your blog and book!

I have been Facebook free for about 9 months but have considered getting back on as a way of keeping in touch with ya'll.

Yesterday started out pretty rocky, Just didn't have any thing in my tank, but about 1pm I came alive - decided to surprise my husband, while he is gone drag racing for the weekend. With his car out of his shop I took the day and give it and his attached cave a good and much needed cleaning - I wrapped up about 10;30 last night and was heading in for a much needed shower to find water all over my living room, hall, bathroom and making its way to the bedrooms - What now? Come to find out the drain hose to my washing machine had popped out of the drain- so after putting every towel we own on the floors, it hit me -shop vac, surely we have a shop vac, but I didn't remember seeing one during of hours of putting away of things, well come to find out, it is the only thing that was nicely put away all neat and tidy - not wonder I hadn't seen it -

All floors are dry and pretty darn clean and most of the towels are washed and put away. I am so thankful for my non-carpet house!

Great day to you all!!! Off to the market! and some other fun shopping -

Hi Everyone! It was great reading and catching up with everyone today. After a few days of "meh," I am feeling more energized to today.

I have been a been dying to step on the scales, but I haven't.  I was packing clothes to go to Viriginia for a month, and tried on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear for a year....and the zipped up! Pretty comfortably.  That is encouraging to me.

I'm not sure who's getting the daily emails, but it was a surprise that yesterday I was talking to a friend about the fact that 30 days is just not enough for me to make a change in my habits. And that was the theme of the post yesterday! I've read most of the books they suggested, and found it interesting that while we're told it takes 21 days to change a habit, it's more like 66 days, and sometimes up to 8 months. Since I've been eating garbage for 45, I may be on the high end of the spectrum!

The ribs turned out great - we used the southwest sauce from Tessemae's.  Rick put his chef spin on it when he came home and reduced the sauce down and it was terrific on the ribs!

Dave - I love the water skiing story. I haven't gone for years, and I keep telling Rick now that we live on the lake in VA that I want to get back at it. Cheers to your success!

Deb - Rick is on fire to try your leek recipes! Not today because we're finishing up leftovers, but this week for sure!

Cara - Rick and I own a regional, fee-only, wealth management firm that specializes in faith based investing. That's why we can have a commuter marriage - we can work out of his office when we're in VA, or my office when we're in NJ. We're also in OH, FL, and soon IN.

Off to pack - we have an 8 hour drive ahead of us tomorrow!  That is my hardest time (driving) - I used to eat fast food, sweets and coffee with a lot jazz all the way to VA and back. So glad for the change  :)

I just had to share this - I was so tickled by it!

I was looking up the iphone 5s apps from that commercial that's always on, and I started thinking about the song. I thought I misunderstood the lyrics - Go you chicken fat, go!  Well I looked it up, and President JFK had the song written in 1961 to use in gym class because he thought our youth were too flabby. The lyrics are pretty funny - but CATCHY!

So clever, it could have been written by Dave. Hope this gives you a chuckle!

CHICKEN FAT "THE YOUTH FITNESS SONG"

Touch down

Every morning

Ten times!

Not just

Now and then.

Give that chicken fat

Back to the chicken,

And don't be chicken again.

No, don't be chicken again.

Push up

Every morning

Ten times.

Push up

Starting low.

Once more on the rise.

Nuts to the flabby guys!

Go, you chicken fat, go away!

Go, you chicken fat, go!

Left! Left! Left! Left!

Left a good pound and a quarter.

Was it right, right that it should be left?

Yes, I left! Left! Left! Left!

Left a good pound and a quarter.

It was right (left), right (left) that it should be left!

Now, touch your toes with me.  Ready!

Touch down (up)

Every morning (down)

Ten times!

(Three!) Not just (up)

(Four!) Now and then (up)

(Five!) Give that (up) chicken fat

(Six!) Back to the (up) chicken and

(Seven!) Don't be (up) chicken (Eight!) again

(up) No, (Nine!) don't be (up) chicken again.  (Ten...halt!)

Hit the dirt!  Hit!

Push ups next,

Nice and steady.

Not too fast.

Ready!

Push up (down)

Every morning (up)

Ten times!

Push up,

Starting low.

(Down!  That's five.) Once more (down) on the rise

(Six!) Nuts to the (down) flabby guys.

(Seven!) Go, you (down) chicken fat, (Everybody sing!) go away.

Go, you chicken fat, go!

CC love the song! You and Rick are en fuego! I am making leeks tonight!

Dave I missed your lovely heartwarming post last night - congrats on feeling so good in that life jacket. I can imagine how great it must feel to do those things once again. 

Meadow, good luck with your docs appt and congrats on making it to 30 days!! I was inspired by you and Higs to buy a whole rainbow trout at Whole Foods, only $7 you probably think thats crazy! This city gal was very excited! That is a beautiful photo - anyone related to you? 

Miki, loving your learning to drive stories -  all I can think when you say Palos Verdes is up by the Wayfarers Chapel, hairpin bends and sheer cliff drops down to the ocean so you are one brave Mama!   I too just ate in a restaurant and feel a little weird. Maybe its because the grill and flat top share space with stuff that has been marinated in things containing gluten, soy etc. Very hard to avoid that kind of cross contamination unless they make great efforts. We all do the best we can I guess. Yes WF has compliant taro chips, cooked in less than desirable oils but still compliant. 

Sadie good to see you! You survived a flood. Good thing your tiger had come alive!

Higs, hoping you had a great weekend eating Spanish style with your sis.

HealthyAbby, I'm down for Google+ or anything that is non Facebook....our own private forum? I left FB in Jan but it is true that its very handy for this type o thing.

Ok, on to bizz - ness. JICAMA. I apologize to our international friends who may have a hard time sourcing jicama. If anyone in the USA has never had it, I urge you to try. Its very refreshing and good for dipping into things, as well as in salads, or apparently (I just read on the interwebs), cooked up as home fries! (I've never had it cooked). To me, it tastes like a cross between a potato and a cucumber. Actually its a lot like an Asian pear but with much less sweetness. It super delish with mango, or just by itself with some lime juice and spicy salt. If you've ever been lucky enough to have one of the bags of chopped fresh fruit from the vendors that we have all over Los Angeles - topped with lime juice, salt, and chilli pepper, well there's jicama in that and its the perfect complement to the melon, mango and cucumber. Oh, btw, the J is pronounced like an H. Phonetically it would be "HICK - ah - maa". NOTE: jicama is actually the root of a legume plant. Because its the root, it is considered W30 compliant. 

Jicama Home Fries

http://margeburkell.com/jicama-home-fries/

sub in ghee or oil for the butter

More home fries

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-jicama/#axzz3655A2Tmd

Baked Jicama Fries

http://digimomswhole30recipes.blogspot.com/2013/10/baked-jicama-fries.html

Spiralized Shoe String Jicama Fries

http://www.inspiralized.com/2014/01/16/spicy-spiralized-shoe-string-jicama-fries/

Jicama Potato Salad - looks GOOD

http://gotidbits.com/austin/clothes-make-girl-potato-salad-recipe#

Tropical Tacos with Jicama Slaw

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2014/04/17/tropical-tacos/

Tiny Tacos on Jicama Shells

http://www.eatingforidiots.com/barbacoa-tacos-on-jicama-shells/

Festive Jicama Salad

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/festive-jicama-salad

Chicken with Cherry, Basil, and Jicama Salsa

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/08/grilled-chicken-with-cherry-basil-and-jicama-salsa-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

Radish and Jicama Tabbouli - AIP

http://autoimmune-paleo.com/radish-tabbouli/

Jicama, Pear, and Grapefruit Salad

http://gastography.com/2013/10/26/jicama-pear-grapefruit-salad/

Jicama Pear and Mint Salad with Citrus Ginger Dressing - AIP

http://autoimmune-paleo.com/jicama-and-pear-salad-with-citrus-mint-dressing/

Jicama, Beet, and Carrot Salad

http://www.elanaspantry.com/jicama-beet-and-carrot-salad/

Cucumber Jicama Slaw

http://www.perrysplate.com/2014/06/cucumber-jicama-slaw-great-tacos.html

Spicy Jicama Chips

http://www.thisblogisforwomen.com/1063/spicy-snack-jicama-chips/

Next up: parsnips!

All:  I'm back, just catching up on all the posts.  Sounds like everyone is doing great!  We made a fantastic dinner at my sister's and the only hard part was that everyone was drinking a really nice bottle of wine that they were all ooohing and ahhhing over.  I smelled it and really wanted some.  But I held firm.  Yay me!

There was however something I ate last night that made my stomach make the loudest, most obtrusive and long-lasting growl it has ever made before.  Stopped all conversation in its tracks, and we all had a good laugh at my expense.  Later I was really gassy.  Everything we ate was compliant, so I've narrowed it down to either the garlic scapes or the roasted pimiento peppers.

This morning my stomach seemed noticeably smaller - like it just shrunk over night.  Now THAT'S exciting.

Someone asked a job question:  I work as director of stores for Powell's, an independent bookstore chain in Portland, Oregon.  That's my day job.  Our little farm is the other seemingly full time job.

Hello to those of you who met up with me on Facebook, and as for the rest of you, yeah, maybe we need our own Team 69 blog!  If we're all administrators, we can all post photos and recipes and stuff, right?

Way to go everyone!

Deb - Rick and I are watching Next Food Network Star and thinking of you!  We LOVE food reality shows!

and Higs omggg I love Powells and my old car proudly had a Powells bumper sticker. I got the best Portland restaurant recs from people in the food section there! How fun. 

and to Higs and Meadow Lily again thank you for the fish inspiration, I threw that baby in the oven for 15 mins at 450 with some lemon and herbs in his tummy and it was seriously one of the best things I've eaten in ages. Someone else was very curious about it too #citycat

post-44893-0-25321600-1404100452_thumb.j

What if we had our own Team 69 thing with goals health, creative and otherwise? 

Deb, you know Powell's!!!  That's so cool.  It's a pretty amazing place.  I've worked there for 22 years and counting.  Who woulda thunk it?

For my leeks tonight I threw all my leftover veggies in a big pot (leeks, part of an onion, some asparagus, a bunch of chard), sauteed them all in coconut oil, threw in some red thai chili and leftover chicken and leftover coconut milk and had a fantastic curry.  I'm looking forward to jicama tomorrow, and I'm especially looking forward to hearing about what everyone chooses for meats on Weds. I had boar bacon this morning for breakfast, and it was TASTY.

Deb, that trout sounds really good and your cat looks like it thinks so, too!

Does anyone have blog experience?  Some of the blogging sites have group blogging capabilities.  I had a blog ages ago on blogspot about my experiment raising heritage turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner but never kept up with it.  Anyway, I love the idea of a Team 69 group blog.  Sounds kinky!

Deb, you know Powell's!!!  That's so cool.  It's a pretty amazing place.  I've worked there for 22 years and counting.  Who woulda thunk it?

For my leeks tonight I threw all my leftover veggies in a big pot (leeks, part of an onion, some asparagus, a bunch of chard), sauteed them all in coconut oil, threw in some red thai chili and leftover chicken and leftover coconut milk and had a fantastic curry.  I'm looking forward to jicama tomorrow, and I'm especially looking forward to hearing about what everyone chooses for meats on Weds. I had boar bacon this morning for breakfast, and it was TASTY.

Yummmmm on the curry!!! Where does one find boar bacon? Sounds super cool! I made the leek and cauli gratin - it was pretty tasty - if anyone makes it I think it needs a little lemon zest/juice and some more salt. My 2c. But its very comforting and almost? cheesy?!! I have a duck breast for Weds!  22 years at Powells! I could see it being a fantastic place to work. Several years and boyfriends ago, we drove from Berkeley to Vancouver and back, stopping along the way, which is when I was there. Loved Portland, and the PNW in general.  

I can't thank everyone enough for all the kind words and well wishes regarding my boyfriend.  I am not sure the reality of the situation has sunk in yet.  After the transplant coordinator gave my boyfriend dates for various appointments and procedures, he called her right back to ask her if the transplant was really going to take place. 

Part of me wants to share so much with all of you because you seem like such a safe, caring, nonjudgmental group of people.  The other part of me feels too vulnerable and scared.  You never know who reads these posts and being too open may not always be good.  Besides the situation with my boyfriend, I have my own demons to fight.  I have issues with feeling that I am "not good enough", problems with decision making and a difficult time with focus (somewhat ADD) and living in the moment.  I am in therapy and on antidepressants.  I can't take ADD meds because they make me too tired/slow me down too much. Unfortunately, Whole 30 has not helped (I've done whole 30 a few times and more than 30 days at a time - so it has nothing to do with time - as they say, it starts with food - but food is not the only aspect) with these issues or other medical issues that I have.  I still believe Whole 30 is a great program and does have its benefits so I will continue on after our 30 days. 

My boyfriend lost his only sibling to brain cancer over a year ago.  His brother had a brain tumor when he was about 19 and then the brain cancer in his 40's.  His dad is a survivor of 2 different types of cancer. Why does one family have to go through so much?  Life is so precious - one minute we have it - the next it is gone.  I know we have to make the most of our existence here and we must cherish our loved ones.  Please take a moment to tell those you care about how much they mean to you and to reflect on the positive in your lives.  I will be the first to admit that I have difficulty finding gratitude these days but I do have a lot to be grateful for.  I have a wonderful supportive mom and sisters, had an incredible dad (lost him to illness a long time ago) a loving boyfriend, 2 adorable feline children with spicy personalities and all of you.

For the remainder of the Whole 30, I need to tighten the ropes.  I've been exercising the whole time and I will continue in that path.  I mentioned that I participate in an online exercise challenge with a group of women.  Tomorrow we start our third 12 week segment for the year.  I love the combination of Whole 30 and exercise - good for the body and mind.

Deb, I've never cooked jimcama, only eaten it raw, very cool - I can't wait to try it. I didn't take him all the way up to the coast just 3/4 way up Hawthorne. Today I hiked up by Terranea and had a lovely time. The coast was gorgeous, unfortunately I now share Dave's sunburn, ouch. I rarely thought about food today which was really exciting. I ate two meals and then was out for 7 or 8 hours. when I got home I had a salad with Tuna and lemon olive oil....Awesome. It is 9:30 and I'm a little food-restless, but think I'm hold on.

CC & Rick, you're so lucky to have each other, and we're lucky to have you too.

Meadow, good luck tomorrow and congrats on you 30.

Today was a great day, I'm grateful for it.

I really want another great day for everyone, let's make it happen.

Dave - I cleaned a little, took son to turn in applications and get a few more, Watered front and back yard, cooked for the week...no resting on my laurels in SoCal.

Miki

Laurie, we must have been posting at the same time. Thank you for trusting us with your truths. It's so wonderful that you have chosen such healthy options to cope with your life challenges. That really is the best we can do. I'm sure you include yoga and meditation. So helpful with ADD/ADHD, anxiety, rumination and negative self image.

it does seem like some families get more than their fair share, without a doubt. They are lucky to have you and you lucky to have the strong women in your family and the 69ers that are sending all the positive vibes they can. Keep the faith!

Hip, hop  hippy to the hippy to the hippity hop,

And a glorious morning to all, even the courtesy-challenged a*hole who knocked my little guy sideways in his hurry to get out of the convenience store first yesterday....hmmm, maybe an average to slightly frustrating morning for him. 

Meadowlily, DAY 30!!!! I'm not in the habit of exclamation point use, but a day 30 is worthy of 4 of the suckers. I feel you on the coffee consumption, its the last vice I allow myself (smoking went 5 years ago, I hardly ever get to finish a glass of wine, and my children edit me for swearing. Yeesh>) so I know the work that it takes to decrease to one a day. Go you. I drink two effete cups in the morning and that's it for the day. Any more and I feel a fury build within me, which is lacking in utility. I'm okay with fury that gets things done, but cul de sac anger is just annoying.

Gabe, that wasn't a dig at nurses, my SIL is awesome and the work she does every day is utterly laudable, but she's also a woman who is about 40 pounds overweight (according to her own calculations, I'm not a weight-watcher and I think the weight your body works optimally at is the best weight to be), smokes 25 a day, and is constantly flittering from diet to diet and gym to gym in search of a quick fix that eludes her. She knows full well that rationing sugar and refined food to my children isn't abusive, but she also equates treats with showing love and affection, and she never comes over without a bag of cookies, sweeties, crisps, and cake, because she knows I won't have them here (my other half always buys something I heartily disapprove of when they are coming, I think he does it in hopes there'll be something left for him to munch on the couch while he watches sports. The irony of this habit is lost on him..)

When we recently discussed the vacation, she suggested we just stock up on freezer food and bread, because after all, its a holiday.

I don't eat freezer food and bread, and neither do my kids (except the 16 year old, whatcha gonna do), I suggested that I might get a veg box and a couple of large cuts of meat (there are seven siblings in my boy's family and most of them have children, its a huge gang). Her face, it was like I had strangled a kitten.

I digress. I tigress. Draggy tigress with an energy slump, but tigress nonetheless. Going to take on a big project today ala Dave, my fella did some 'gardening' in my forest garden out front this weekend and there is so much correcting to do its not funny, He pulled out all my flowers (thought they were weeds...seriously), decimated my sycamore, mutilated my hydrangea. Ack. Nearly puked when I saw his efforts, but thanks to all I have learned from the whole 30 I am viewing this as an opportunity to make some changes to the layout and get creative with planting. Today is taking slips, weeding, soil enrichment, and begging my elderly neighbour for a couple raspberry canes from her raspberry patch (I'll dig em up, not her you big fruitcakes, she's in her 70s. Also I will bribe her with chutney) alongside usual work of childcare, housework, cooking, quietly seething and daydreaming about adult conversation that doesn't involve the purchase of milk.... 

Love to you all, in its original, sugar-free packaging.

R

Whoa, I think we just had a multiple postgasm.

Laurie, you are a star to contribute so much when so much is happening, and your fight is an uphill one for which you have my empathy (I have a brother with severe depression and my father is bipolar, mental health is precious and hard-fought for so many people).

Higs and Debs may have collided at some point! How wonderfully small the world is. We really ought to figure out some sort of bloggedy forum thing for the apres 30, it would be so sad to fall away from the daily updates I get on all of your fascinating lives. Miki, your sons sound like a blast, but not when driving a car. Patience and forbearance are the hardest traits to fake, no? 

Not gonna clog up with extra chatter, just wanted to acknowledge that post fest.

R

What do you do with all of those perishable food items before leaving on a trip?? Make Kitchen Sink Hash, of course!

Today's breakfast:

Sweet potato hash with mushrooms, spinach.

Topped with sunny eggs and fresh salsa

Side if sliced avocado and strawberries...

We are in the home stretch gang!!

Morning Rick, Rose and all 69ers,

It's hard to start the morning without our "Double Ds".

Rick, your breakfast sounds so good. I've become addicted (yes, there, I've said it) to sweet potato hash with over-medium eggs on top...SOOO good.

I have Tuna made up for lunch and marinating fish for tonights BBQ. Breakfast, I guess it will have to be sweet pots and eggs, sounds SO good.

Dave, I slept with the aloe vera bottle and seem to be down to a medium hot flash this morning. My kids took one look at me last night and started in on a "double team sunscreen lecture", which I deserved. Normally I don't burn, but lots of virgin skin for a 5 hour hike was just not well thought out. It seems I do it once every summer, sadly.

I'm a little tired today and I have a dull headache, but I think that is dehydration from yesterday. Will up the water intake and pray for the best. It is so beautiful right now in SoCal, probably everywhere.

Hugs

Miki

I too am guilty of linking love and celebration with food. That is a hard one to break, for me much harder than giving up cigarettes (clearly).

Good morning all you rockin' 69ers!!  I've got the theme song to "Welcome Back Kotter" in my head so you can just think of it now and it's like we're all singing it together.  I'll pause so you can get in a few verses....

I had sat down with lots of things to write 2 days ago and then life happened.  Little man came down wrapped in his blanket and curled up in my lap.  Ahhhhh. That's heaven.   He's on the border of not really doing that anymore so I had to cherish it.  I once had a friend say, "If you knew when the last time was that your son was going to sit in your lap, how long would you have made it last?"  We both got tears in our eyes and couldn't speak for a minute.  So, I think of that regularly, especially now that it is a treat.  I do love summer for these kind of moments.   Wouldn't it be lovely to be little again and curl up in some loving lap and arms once in a while?

I've been reading all your lovely posts and can't help but think what a great group of people this forum has brought together!  If someone does know a way to keep it going, I would love to keep sharing.  The past few days have been good - tried NomNom's recipes for yankee pot roast and ouva in purgatorio.  Both were soul-satifsying.

Dave - it's my weekly turn for the sweaty hot long night at the swim meet. This is our last one, hurrah!!! Congrats on your life jacket achievement! That is well deserved, just for all the emotional support you give us.

Higs - thanks for the tip about PBR and slugs! I'm not sure we get many slugs here - wonder if my walker hound eats them?  She sweetly wagged up to me yesterday with a shrew in her mouth.  Hmmm.  Always makes me wonder what I get exposed to when she gives me a kiss. I'm sure it's no worse than getting a kiss from my son - who licked his hands in the midst of a petting zoo last week.  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? God, I hope so.  Can  you tell me what Kombucha tastes like?  I am guilty of buying things at WF that sound like they'll taste good or be healthy and then get really mad that I bought that friggin' $5 bottle of whatever that tastes like it has been rinsed in my garbage disposal.  I don't know how, but they can make some really awful green tea flavors.

Rosann - can you educate me about French macarons? They always look so pretty on the cooking shows, but I've never tried one!  Are they soft or crunchy?  Do they come in many flavors or are they different colors with the same flavors?

DebC - your bouncy ball story was priceless and I love the word "unsee."  Which is what I wanted to do at the petting zoo. 

Rose - you 'ole curmudgeon you - love your writing. You win the grumpy cat award of the month (huge honor in our house.)

Laurie - stay strong!  The most important thing for your BF these next two months is that YOU stay healthy, so do whatever it takes.  We'll be cheering you on for a successful transplant with no complications.  

Meadowlily - loved the video clips, especially Winnie.  I'm a huge Disney fan and thankfully my family puts up with it.

Here's my personal favorite http://giphy.com/gifs/whOs1JywNpe6c For some reason I can't get it to display the video.

My awesome discoveries of the week:  Usual small rodent pile of hair on shower drain is now only quarter sized everyday since about day 12.  Hubby told me I looked awesome, which I haven't heard in a long time.

Great day to all!

At the MVA waiting on my second son to pass his test for a Learners Permit. Time sure flies.

Laurie.......hold on to faith and find happiness in the smallest things.

Miki- ouch......I'm on day two of bad sleep due to sunburn. I'm a dumbass.......again!

Today is clean the sidewalks, deck, porch and driveway. Clean you dirty 69ers!

Have a great day! Hugs to everyone.......if you don't need it, pass it on to someone who does!

Dave

Today is clean the deck, porch, sidewalks

Archived