9 June Start

dcducks1

Aggghhhh just wrote a massive post full of personals and lost it. Not happy.

Sorry but I don't have the energy to try again tonight but do have to say my thoughts are with you Laurie and your partner. I also was hoping you have people around you that let you cry and complain and get your fears and frustrations out, I know sometimes when you are the support person others feel that telling you to 'stay strong' is the best way to support you, you obviously are very strong but try to get some release sometimes too!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laurie -- Such good news. I am thrilled for you and your boyfriend. I know it's the beginning of a difficult journey, but it's a journey of hope and healing. Now THAT'S a journey worth taking, no?

Rose -- Maybe you really are an Elmo under those hormones. Either way, Elmo or Grouch, I love that you are there and on the process with us.

Short post today because I've got a client coming to pick up an order that I still have to pack. Just miss you guys and so enjoy seeing how/what everyone is doing.

Laurie:  YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!  What a relief.  You must feel the weight of the world off your shoulders.  I bet you'll have some extra springs in your step on your runs now, too.   :D

Thank you also for your openness about all that you're going through.  It really does put things into perspective, doesn't it?

You are a gift to this group.

All:  there is so much I want to say to each of you individually!  I feel so much affection and admiration for you all.  Rose, you strike me as a big gruff generous loving mama bear and I bet you give some mighty hugs.  Grouch?  I just don't see it.  Eoghan:  welcome back!  I'm having a head-down, plow through it week this week, too - not much creative cooking going on on my part right now (sorry Deb) since I've been eating leftover venison meatballs and cauliflower puree all week.  Next week I'm excited to try new things again.  healthyAbby: nice to hear from you!  Join in anytime.  Aren't start dates starting to feel a little irrelevant?  There are at least a couple regulars on here that have start dates different from 6/9, and they are loved and welcomed regardless!

My news:  I had my periodic blood work done last week and my bad cholesterol and overall cholesterol are both DOWN from last time and back within recommended ranges, and my ferritin (iron) was up from before (it was low) to within normal ranges.  Whoop!!

I'm away this weekend and probably won't get to check in or contribute much but I am glad knowing that you all are out there dominating this Whole30!  I am actually getting sad that the end is in sight and am considering what the next steps will look like.  I want to keep going, and might.

Laurie, What amazingly wonderful news about  your boyfriend. A great way to start our Friday. Most amazing to me is your commitment to you while going through such a stressful time. You are an amazing inspiration to each and everyone of us. We will not discuss your god-made starch - you are a BIG WINNER- HUGE.

Normally the "profound chord" is struck in me by Dave but Rose, you knocked my socks off this morning on several points. One is, yes food affects every part of our body. I'm reading a book called the Paleo Code which explains the ins and outs of grain consumption, bad fat consumption, protein intake, good starches, coconut products and why this works.

The Eoghan tip (Owen) will keep me from calling him Egan for the rest of our journey.

Darling Dave - as usual, I find it hard to believe you are all human. The amount of stuff you have on your plate and the profoundly inspiring new relationship you've created with food is totally inspiring.

My Dearest Deb, you are the Martha Stewart of the 69ers. You inspire us daily and remind us that our food journey is not a diet or a restriction, but rather an invitation to the table of whole, tasty and exciting new food dishes just waiting to be discovered.

Rosann, you keep me inspired about traveling. I just got my first passport and have a cruise planned in August 2015 (after my baby graduates high school) to Italy, Croatia, Spain (others I don't remember) I'm so excited

Beacon Rick GREAT JOB.

Good morning everyone! It took me longer to get to posting this morning than usual since I had many fires to stomp out as soon as I got to work.

Rose - i very much enjoy reading your posts. I happen to like the way (and what) that you write. You should write a book, it seems it would be easy and fun to read. Try to have it done before the end of our W30 program...chop chop!

Laurie - I am so pleased to hear the news. Prayers are answered and I continue to hope for the best for both of you!

Higs - great news on the blood work.

Hi Abby - glad you popped in to say hello!

Cara - I loved the post that you wrote and lost......I especially liked all the nice things you said about me! hahaha...I've done it too...frustrating!

A few of our frequent posters (Miki especially) have not been posting lately for whatever reason (her excuses will not be acknowledged). This is unacceptable! If she continues to NOT post I will have no choice but to remove her from the group, take away her "Men of Whole 30" Calendar and refuse a refund of the $5000 monthly program fee. I know this sounds harsh, but rules are rules!.......no matter when I make them up! 

I am so looking forward to this day/week being over....totally spent this week! I don't think I have ever regained my Tiger Blood ever since I got sick. I have this feeling like I am dragging an anchor and just don't have as much energy as I should have. Hoping it will come back over the weekend.

Friday - Garage or shed - it's time to try and find the floor and walls. You might just find that bike you bought to EXERCISE on!

Have a great Friday!

Dave

Laurie - so relieved and happy for you that your bf will get his transplant. Sending you guys much good energy and healing for the journey ahead. I have seen stem cell patients posting about their new "birthday" so I am wishing him, in advance, a very very happy birthday.

Healthy Abby, come join us! And thank you for the perspective on our loving and supportive little group. What a truly awesome example we are of universal synergy, what we can all achieve with kindness and lifting each other up. And of course a healthy dose of the tough love of our fearless leader, Dave!

Speaking of Dave, I promise to go to the carwash this weekend. But seriously Dave I'm so glad you're getting some quality time off, during which I'm sure your tiger blood will come back. Your family is so lucky to have you. 

Rose I agree with Dave, love your writing - do you write for a living? I don't see any grouch in there either. I see a funny, astute, very human sage. And yes, I also would have called Eoghan something other than Owen for the rest of this so thank you for the phoentic translation. 

Mik - miss you desperately,  glad Dave is threatening eviction if we don't see more of you ;-)  JK, just glad you're making it through.

Higs, congrats on the bloodwork, that is awesome! Venison meatballs and cauli puree sound really good! 

CC and Rick, way to go Road Warriors. 

Sadie and Sandy come baaaaack. 

Guys, I was telling my boss yesterday about all of you (I figured he should know what I'm doing when I'm supposed to be working) and how much I enjoy being your recipe guru and I think I got it when I said, I'm honored to be able to do that. I love food and am obsessed with it and have worked in and around it in different ways for a long time. Its truly my pleasure to even hope to inspire someone to try something new, but especially to show/remind us all, myself included, that eating this way doesn't have to be a dried up chicken breast and some steamed broccoli (unless that's what you want). Anyway, thank you for the opportunity. 

I'm still waking up with a runny nose and sneezes. I also just discovered that the only medication that I have to take daily is covered in a substance that may contain some milk powder. Sigh. This is already an alternative to another medication that didn't work. I am super holistic and not a proponent of Western medicine but was forced/scared into it but some alarming recent health stuff. Rumor has it I could try to have this medicine compounded by a special pharmacy but...its pretty new..and..oy. I will rally my strength for that endeavor! Those of you unfortunate enough to have to navigate anything in our US healthcare system, my sympathies. Laurie, for you and your bf especially. 

Allright everyone, peace and love tii later. 

Great to hear from you @Eoghan! 

Higs  - I will totally throw everything on a link before we're done and post it here. That makes me sound more blog savvy than I am lol. But I think I can do it. I have a sneak peek of next week's IODs at the bottom of this post - thanks for the suggns!

Gabenick - nice tiger blood. Rhinestones what? Do we all need some? I might!

Rose - go you workout Day 4!

I come from a long line of gardeners, sadly, to date, I have a black thumb and have also killed a cactus when I tried to take it from CA to CO. I am feeling maybe just a little kitty plasma myself, not sure not sure, cautious optimism. 

Have cooked more boringly this week for convenience - boo, not my style but ya do what ya gotta do 

Ok, on to the excitement of the IOD! Did anyone shrimp it up? 

Which came first, the chicken or the…..

Yes, tomorrow’s ingredient is – THE EGG!!

Does everyone know that ….to cook the tops of your sunnyside up eggs – just put a lid on your pan? And all poached eggs need a splash of vinegar in the water? I have been cooking for years and only got these tips a couple of years ago so thought I would share!

GET EGGY WITH IT.

(btw I missed the BEST pun opportunity yesterday so I’m gonna say it now “PIMP THAT SHRIMP!”)

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7332351633/perfect-hard-boiled-eggs

Prosciutto Egg Cups

http://www.generationyfoodie.com/2013/06/prosciutto-egg-cups.html

Crazy Clown Eggs

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/89854861117/crazy-clown-eggs

Scotch Eggs

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/11/23/paleo-breakfast-sausage-scotch-eggs/

http://www.primallyinspired.com/5-ingredient-smoky-spicy-scotch-eggs/

Italian Style Baked Eggs

http://www.cindystable.com/italian-style-baked-eggs/

Devilled Eggs

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/classic-deviled-eggs-recipe.html

Avocado Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps

http://www.simplebites.net/avocado-egg-salad-lettuce-wraps-with-bacon-paleo-dairy-free/

Paleo Quiches

http://paleogrubs.com/quiche-recipes

Egg Muffins

http://www.lesleywgraham.com/2013/06/whole30-egg-muffins.html

Bacon Buttie (with eggs)

http://meatified.com/no-bread-bacon-and-egg-sandwich/

Sweet and Savory Blueberry Tortilla/Frittata

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/06/20/sweet-and-savory-blueberry-tortilla/

Green Eggs and Ham

http://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/green-eggs-and-ham/

Smashed and Egg Loaded Sweet Potato

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/07/29/paleo-smashed-loaded-sweet-potato/

Mayo (just in case)

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/08/19/mayo-how-to-video/

OMGGGGG you guys, Nom Nom Paleo getting’ a little cray (but make sure you read all the way to the end!)

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/20282441042/tong-zi-dan-virgin-boy-eggs

INGREDIENTS OF THE DAY!

THIS WEEK:

Sat   Grapefruit

Sun  Leeks

SNEAK PEEK AT NEXT WEEK

Mon Jicama

Tue Parsnips

Wed Exotic Meat Day! (rabbit, goat, duck, venison and maybe some lamb even though its not that exotic)

Thu Stone Fruit (peaches, plums, apricots)

Fri Squash (butternut, acorn, spaghetti, etc)

Sat Herbs (mint, basil, thyme. oregano and more)

and Spices (cinnamon, coriander, cumin, tumeric and more)

Sun Love! Put some extra in those dishes and share your favorite recipes and go to dishes of our most awesome 6/9 W30!

Welcome to "Deep Thoughts With Dave!"

I was thinking about a few things when it comes to weight loss, healthy eating, and all of the different diets out there. I think I am someone who shys away from the "bombardment" of information that comes with the newest health craze! Many people post links for this, that, and the other and I usually don't take the time to look at them. I have a highly technical job that requires "massive amounts of information coming from multiple directions" everyday! The last thing I want .......is more! I look at diets like religions! If you were born into a certain religion and it's too restrictive or strict for your liking, you go to a different one. If the basic theory of the diet doesn't appeal to you, you will shop for something that coincides with your likes, tastes, time, interest, etc.  I won't eat fish heads and sawgrass because the "skinny chick" on the TV (who has never had a weight problem) is telling me how wonderful it is.

There is a plethora of info out there that gets very distracting. "Eat less meat...drink more fluids!" "Stop drinking fluids....eat more meat!" "Wine is good for you, butter is bad!" Eat margarin......wait....margin is bad...eat butter!" Do these announcements come right after the media receives the checks from the butter or margarine industry?  I look at these and I process which one "appeals" to me more and I go with that one. I WISH there was a Cheeto and Capt. Morgan diet but I'm afraid I will be dead and gone before they come out with it. Maybe if I get Rose to write the book for me, I can start my own program! The program would also incorporate a cleaning regimen and you would be required to fish for trout like Meadowlilly's husband. You would grow a garden like Higs......sitting......armed to the teeth...on your front porch......ready to dispatch any critter which comes along to steal your food. Your exercise would consist of walking goats or riding bikes for numerous miles.  I digress....................... 

During my time in the military, I was in great shape, very fit and active. We had weight and body fat standards and I was surprised many times when I found someone who did NOT pass these standards but looked like they should have. I knew guys that were built like small mountains but because of a skinny neck, their measurements were skewed resulting in a failed body fat measurement. It taught me that I should never assume that we are all alike. It also taught me to never be envious of someone else's physique. Some of these guys with mountains of muscle struggled mightily to stay within the military standards even though they could lift a house. Other guys that could barely lift a pencil never had an issue with complying with the standards. Your take aways.........don't be envious of other body types, find something that works for you and stick with it, ONLY keep positive people near you while you are trying to change your bad habits, don't get overwhelmed with all of the information that you are flooded with, be patient!

Dave

I appreciate all of your hard work.   Just because I can't concentrate on recipes doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading your due diligence.   I like the menus.   

ML - all good and thank you! I believe I just have to put it out there into the universe and it lands where its supposed to, in the way its supposed to. I am very envious of your fishing!!! I love to fish and you really can't get anything better than fresh fish.. You are so fortunate to have that on your doorstep! And a hunter husband too. I need one of those :-)

PS you can edit the quotes if you don't want to post it all just by clicking in the quote box and deleting what you don't want. 

Dave you crack me up and very well said. 

Someone posted this blog post about body image on our last W30 and for those who haven't seen it, I think its very inspirational: 

http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/

It's so good to pop in here and find you all waiting for me with words of wisdom, stories of adventures near and far, and encouragement. I appreciate that you all sit around just waiting for me to pop in so you can be here for me. Great people - you are.

It's a good day to cheer -- for Higs' blood work; for Laurie's boyfriend's stem cell donor; for Rose and Dave's interesting, thought provoking posts; for Deb's research that is shared freely; etc. There's a lot of people on here and everyone contributes in their own way and finds their own encouragement. How cool is that? I'm not a "chat" or "forum" person, but I am enjoying this experience with you guys. Thanks for that.

Last night I went to a business after hours gathering where my product was featured. There was lots of food and, of course, my product was at the dessert table so I spend a lot of time there chatting with people who were interested in what I do. I had a bowl of homemade tomato soup and a chicken thigh before I left and some almonds. I stayed focus on the reason I was there - to promote my business - and was surprised that I wasn't tempted by all of the sweets. It helped to make sure I was well fed and made a decision beforehand of how to handle the evening. It was a nice evening. However......... I had a special order for mushroom/spinach ravioli today and, DARN if that didn't tempt me more than all of the macarons I make everyday. I stayed strong and set aside 6 ravioli for myself to eat sometime after the next 10 days are successfully finished. Whether I ever eat them or not, it feels good to know they are there for me if I decide to treat myself.

Keep walking the walk everyone. Stay encouraged. Look at the big picture.

Greetings, friends!

It's hard to believe we're on day 19.  I'm struggling a bit today, and I think there's no good reason. I'm making good food and enjoying it. I did a P90X routine this morning. But I guess this is all becoming part of my routine (which is awesome) but some of the flash is wearing off. (The timeline says this will happen!)  I wanted to share a short section from Michael Hyatt's blog that Rick and I follow:

Getting to the Other Side In his book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, Donald Miller tells the story of crossing a stretch of water. Paddling from shore gives us the rush of anticipation and progress. But the anticipation fades and the progress seems to slow.

Pretty soon we’re in the ‟messy middle,” doubting if we have the strength to make it to the other side—or maybe why we started in the first place.

If you’re there right now, keep paddling. Soon the shore will come into view. Inspiration is good for starters. After that, perspiration is the key. And if you defeat the myth of fun, fast, and easy, you’ll enjoy success that’s satisfying, fruitful, and rewarding.

I found that to be pretty inspiring and wanted to share with you.  I also struggle with food when I'm bored or when I want to avoid something. Like work. (I shouldn't write that here, Rick is my boss  :) )  Since Rick is still in Canda, I'm going on a Whole Foods adventure tonight to get out of the house and buy up some of those Tessa Mae sauces and dressings.

Overall, I'm feeling good, and so grateful to have you all to turn to for inspiration!

Laurie - SO happy to hear the good news about the donor!

Higs - good news on the bloodwork!

Mimi - I will have to read the Paleo code - sounds good!

Dave - thanks for sharing your deep thoughts. Question: what kind of job do you have where you can get 9 days off before vacation? And how do I get one?

Deb - Thanks as always for your recipe posts! I'm cooking for the first time in my life, and surprised how tasty these meals can be!

A policeman pulls a man over for speeding and asks him to get out of the car. After looking the man over he says, "Sir, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are bloodshot. Have you been drinking?" 

The man gets really indignant and says, "Officer, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are glazed.   Have you been eating doughnuts?

We should have Friday Night Happy Hour for those who are punch drunk and want to be happy.

CCLay - I enjoy Donald Miller's writing, as well. Blue Like Jazz is one of my favorite books. "Inspiration is good for starters. After that, perspiration is the key." That's true. I'm having that same thing, I think. The newness has worn off, I don't have to struggle with constant hunger and temptation, I can get bored with this if I don't work at it. Good for you (and the rest of us) for keep on keeping on each day even when it's difficult or boring or lots of kitchen work or more expensive or inconvenient or all of the above.

CC I love that quote - the messy middle, the perfect description for so many aspects of life. 

Tomorrow’s IOD everyone is that sweet sour juicy yummy citrus – the GRAPEFRUIT. Oh I love me some grapefruit. I often treat it like a lemon – zest it into salads/dressings, use the juice as I would lemon, stuff a sliced up grapefruit inside a chicken you’re about to roast, or lay slices over fish you’re gonna bake. Yum, and yum. The good news is, it seems to be pretty easy and cheap to find bags of organic grapefruit at both Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

How about this – how to peel a grapefruit:

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/12/05/peel-grapefruit/

Broiled Grapefruit

http://www.witwisdomandfood.com/2014/02/whole-30-approved-broiled-grapefruit.html

http://thesimpleveganista.blogspot.com/2013/04/broiled-grapefruit-with-ginger-coconut.html

Grapefruit Guacamole

http://www.perchancetocook.com/2014/04/25/grapefruit-guacamole-paleo/

Grapefruit Roasted Chicken

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/citrus-rosemary-roasted-chicken

Fillet of Fish with Grapefruit

http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/5548/fillet-of-fish-with-grapefruit.html

Use coconut oil/butter/olive oil/ghee instead of butter

Baked Whole Fish with Grapefruit

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/2932/baked-whole-fish-with-grapefruit.aspx

Sub in grapefruit juice or chicken stock for the wine

Fish with Grapefruit Salsa

http://www.guideposts.org/inspiration/recipes/dinner-recipes/dinner-recipes-fish-with-grapefruit-avocado-and-purple-onion-salsa

White Fish with Grapefruit Coleslaw

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2138603

Grapefruit Fennel, Arugula Salad

http://autoimmune-paleo.com/winter-salad-with-grapefruit-arugula-and-fennel/

Kale and Grapefruit Salad

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/kale-and-pink-grapefruit-salad

Grapefruit and Avocado Salad

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pink-grapefruit-and-avocado-salad

Citrus Salad

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/citrus-salad-recipe.html

Chicken and Grapefruit Salad

http://stupideasypaleo.com/tag/grapefruit/

Apricot and Grapefruit Snack

http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/apricot-grapefruit-toffee/

THIS WEEK:

Sat   Grapefruit

Sun  Leeks

NEXT WEEK

Mon Jicama

Tue Parsnips

Wed Exotic Meat Day! (rabbit, goat, duck, venison and maybe some lamb even though its not that exotic)

Thu Stone Fruit (peaches, plums, apricots)

Fri Squash (butternut, acorn, spaghetti, etc)

Sat Herbs (mint, basil, thyme. oregano and more)

and Spices (cinnamon, coriander, cumin, tumeric and more)

Sun Love! Put some extra in those dishes and share your favorite recipes and go to dishes of our most awesome 6/9 W30!

Road Warrior Update - Day 2:

Success! Best spread of lunch buffet options you will ever see at a business workshop. I opted for the garden salad, grilled chicken with zucchini, asparagus and roasted tomatoes. Had to pass on all the snacks at breaks and the sweets... Dinner: Beef short ribs over parsnip purée (gotta try making this) with roasted celery root. Quite yummy! But can I make it to the gym tonight??

CC - don't have too much fun at the Whole Foods without me!

MeadowLily, those trout are gorgeous!  I'm headed to Idaho in August for some fly fishing and I can't wait.  I LOVE to fly fish but only get to do it once or twice a year.  Some day I'll live closer to a good trout stream...  Mmm, fresh pan-fried trout...  That sounds really good right now.

Happy a.m. my little chiquitas,

Its my love monkey's birthday today, so I have a breakfast casserole blipping away in the oven for his morning feast (it's whole 30 compliant, because like, I can bake you a cake I don't eat, but a girl needs breakfast). Yesterday the boy returned home after a brief stop at a new gym he is trialling. With him he had an information sheet, detailing the foods he was "permitted" *barf* over the duration of his training at this establishment. I have audited this document, as is my wont, and found it to be....lacking.

Seriously, what 38 year old man in a high stress job with three kids to deal with is going to stick to a plan entailing the daily consumption of nothing but salads and eggs? Who writes this crap and where can I find them so I can slap them with a soggy fish?

I told my baby, I will prepare food for you to eat in the morning and to bring to work (this gym dude had ironically scribbled "google paleomom" on the front of this informational avalanche- I said 'why didn't you tell him you live with a paleo mom?'), but I mean damn, why will everybody I love listen to self styled experts about their dietary needs and not to me? I have done the research, I may yet write the damn book, just so that I can complete the trifecta of adhering to Dave's challenges, wagging my literal finger at a wider audience and being able to say "in fact, I did write the book on this. So poop to you, unbeliever." 

All right, I mean I know Dallas and Melissa wrote the book, but I can write a different one, one that has shouting in it.

And also, I'm not sure a 22 year old who wears shorts to work is the person I want as my go-to source for nutritional advice. Just sayin'.

Rant one: complete.

And now for something completely different.

Yesterday was hard. I was feeling mucho munchy all day and I could not for the life of me figure out why, I was eating well, feeling satisfied with the content of my meals, not actually hungry, and yet... a nagging something was playing out in my subconscious, and it wanted the devil's fruits.

Now boys, you're grown-ups, and you don't have to look away, shy I'm not, but the next bit is lady-related.... here's your chance to hide your face in your armpit for a moment

ok. I have always had this issue at certain monthly junctures, I just forgot this month because I didn't feel like a raging ball of hormonal fury for the last week. I was good. So it took me by surprise and I spent the evening mournfully wandering the house, avoiding the kitchen and its siren wail. I wound up caving in to a couple of prunes and a small handful of cacao nibs, and it wasn't a proud moment, because I knew I was feeding the dragon, but kindness to the self is just as important as kindness to others, n'est ce pas? So I forgive the estrogen imp on my shoulder, but that punk better watch its step tonight, because now I know the score and I'm not about to be manipulated by a wash of chemicals unless I pay for them.

Everybody is sounding good around here, Dave's posts are a force for good, I beg forgiveness, but I forgot which of you little patatas offered that wonderful quote about the messy middle...got  little tangled up in my own stuff and failed to pay proper attention, but I loved the post....

Yes, I used to be a technical writer before the boys were born. This slovenly slang-filled discourse is not perhaps indicative of the kind of writing I used to do, but I've always written. I once wrote a horribly poor novel (I was 22, who thinks they can be profound before they have learned to eat vegetables? Me I guess) that I occasionally still read for kicks. Too funny. Posting on this forum has reminded me of how much I love to write, and I'm mulling over the possibility of a blog when the whole 30 wraps up... gotta get the teenage daughter coding, because I can't even figure out how to upload a photo on this here profile. This year, my older baby boy starts elementary school, so maybe I can get the little one into day care a couple mornings a week so that I can work on the novel I've been writing in my head for the last 5 years. If I do manage any of this, it will be because of the whole 30 and the incredible, inspiring, hilarious, and oh-so-human people I have met through it. 

Love to every dirty thirty one of you,

Rose

CC & Rick, you two are too cute!

Meadowlilly, you have a wonderful, whimsical, wayout way of wafting in and out with lovely, descriptions of your current take on the present.

I've never had or eaten a wild anything and I'm afraid given my current situation, that will not be in the cars for me this weekend, but I will be curious to hear if anyone is eating Bambi.

Healthy Abby, thank you for appreciating our wonderful 69er family.

Rosann - great job at your event.

Dave, I miss you too - thank you for my morning AK.

Deb C...I'm about at Tuna, Chicken Sweet potato and lots of avocado. I don't have the heart or time to commit to anything else. But I picture you and your amazing meals.

Dave's Deep Thoughts - always amazing.

Off to bed...tomorrow is driving with the teen (Deb...not sure a dirty 30 will be enough after that).

Archived