Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewer, this is your personal log and space.   I'm not posting any songs because I use them as a diversion from thinking about the hard stuff ...pulling old habits out of my head.   But I was wondering, since it's Saturday night and all... if I could throw a couple on the jukebox and jack this place up.   Lancer's makin' mayo and I'm makin' copies and Kmlynne's resting her feet.   I'm going to sing and dance while everyone's busy. annoying-smiley.gif?1292867547

My family is watching a movie, eating popcorn & candy bars without me.  And I am 100% okay with that.

I am rocking out in the kitchen.  Thanks, DJ.

Aww, bummer about your ghee, Lance.  If you decide to go the "easy" route -- check out this one (last I checked, it is ~supposed~ to be grass fed, as well.)

http://www.vitacost.com/organic-valley-purity-farms-ghee-clarified-butter-13-oz

It says "pasture-raised".  Hmmm.  Anyway -- we've been using it for years.  I love the glass jars it comes in, too.  We re-use them for mayo and all sorts of stuff.

I am your basic cook.  Those mayo photos are from the ethers.   I think lime mayo is the bomb.  I enjoy everything with citrus.  Lemony balsamic reductions,  lime and grapefruit.   Orange peel.   Don't ask me for recipes, I make it up as I go.  Some of it turns into burnt offerings and other times it is surprisingly great.

Recipes are like football.   My eyes glaze over.  Bear will say..."This is the best thing you've ever made."  He always says that which makes me feel like crying because I know some of my dishes are multi-crap.  Then I want to start bawling my head off like  I Love Lucy. 

Bear is the best cook/chef in the world.   I can't begin to compete with his skills in the kitchen.  He's a natural.   I might start bawling just thinking about it.  

lucy-crying.jpg

Brewer,  it's a good thing we're not sitting at the football games together.   We would probably be told to shut-up by the parents and bystanders.

Football.  One step forward and two steps back.  Jump down,  turn around...pick a bale of cotton.   1  2  3  hut hut hut...you deserve a kick in the bu-t.

I can't remember who even played in the Super Bowl last year or any of the years before,  can you?  All of the crying and gnashing of teeth over who wins.  What does it matter?   There's always another streetcar coming around the corner and another football game next week.   So enjoy your snackity snacks and concentrate on HAPPY AWARENESS.    

ld4ever2.gif

You know what I love.  Tea parties.   I would like to have a proper tea party every day at 3:00 PM in the afternoon.   jmcbn, isn't that the correct time?  I don't need the stodge or cookies but my tea parties have great tea, jerky, fish and good dietary fats right in the tea.   

Oh, yeah.  I prefer my tea with Macadamia Nut Oil.    2 teaspoons.    Protein and a Fat.  STAT.  

tumblr_inline_nr0kp2wraB1rvl0vd_1280.jpg

824662000051.JPG MacNut Oil is my favorite fat.  It's soothing to the belly.  After I used too much MCT Coconut Oil, I had to lay off of that stuff for good.  MacNut doesn't bother me at all. I drizzle it over my roasted vege, salads or in my tea. It is liquid gold and I won't leave home without it.   My fave fat.

There's one thing I can do and that's make great roasted vege.   I used to be called the Smoothie Queen but I don't make those anymore.   My lil seester told Bear...welp,  she can't cook worth a hoot but she makes great salads and smoothies.  Thanks alot.

roasted-vegetables.jpg

Lily, I've never used macadamia nut oil...  and I probably won't, after all of the nuts & seeds I have eaten in the past (when we were first switching over to Paleo).  I've learned about the high omega-6 content and I know I'm not taking in enough omega-3 on a daily basis, so that would leave me with a pretty bad ratio.  That's another reason my intake of nuts and seeds has been decreased -- dramatically.  Little to none.

It's too bad you've given up on coconut oil.  Do you have any, ever?  Dr. Perlmutter is recommending a teaspoon per day in his book.  A teaspoon is not much.  However, some folks are so sensitive to it at first that they have to start out very slowly.  Like, you could even put 1/4 tsp in your tea and work your way up.  There are just so many great health benefits (I have an entire book that is just about coconut oil) -- I hate to see anyone exclude it completely.

There's the post Whole 30  No Training Wheels Clubhouse.   Kmlynne keeps the cigar box with the secret passwords and treasures.   The rest of us are bringing in burnt offerings or their delicious mayo for today's meeting.   Lancer will be here shortly.  jmcbn is already in there with the agenda and Brewer is drawing a treasure map.   We'll be doing an obstacle course, hiking the Blue Ridge mountains and other activities we all enjoy.

Coconut Oil.   I overdid the MCT Coconut Oil.   Now,  I have a sensitivity to it.   I've left it off for months.  I might dip my toes back into the coconut waters with regular EVCoconut Oil.   Slowly.

Kmlynne, have you ever had the desire to hike the Appalachian Trail?  I would  go in a large group of at least 30 people or with a platoon of  Marines or Navy Seals.

There's the post Whole 30  No Training Wheels Clubhouse.   Kmlynne keeps the cigar box with the secret passwords and treasures.   The rest of us are bringing in burnt offerings or their delicious mayo for today's meeting.   Lancer will be here shortly.  jmcbn is already in there with the agenda and Brewer is drawing a treasure map.   We'll be doing an obstacle course, hiking the Blue Ridge mountains and other activities we all enjoy.

I wish I had a love button.  This is frickin great.   :lol:

Coconut Oil.   I overdid the MCT Coconut Oil.   Now,  I have a sensitivity to it.   I've left it off for months.  I might dip my toes back into the coconut waters with regular EVCoconut Oil.   Slowly.

Tiptoe.  Yes.  This sounds perfect.  

MCT is not for everyone.  You have no need to consume that unless it is serving a specific purpose for you.  ;)   

Archived