Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

The risk is getting too hungry and eating it all back and quitting.  It happens.   I don't want that to happen to me.   It would be a soul-crushing experience.   So help me.  Bueller.....Bueller....

Quite honestly, without knowing what you eat on a daily basis, my gut says you may need more fat.  What say you?  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read stories of those who've released tremendous amounts of weight and they all say that their body latches onto rebound weight gain so fast because of those really large numbers.   It created a pressure cooker of health problems. 

Brewer or Bueller....Bueller....anyone, when you come back...these are things I would like to talk about.   Maintaining this stability and not going off of the rails because of body chemistry and fighting through it all.  

I don't believe that these folks "latch onto rebound weight gain so fast" because of their past weight.  I just don't.  I believe they rapidly gain weight back because they go back to their old habits.  They start eating foods again that created the metabolic nightmare in the first place.  

They eat foods that not only do not provide satiety -- they are foods that cue the response of wanting more, and more, and more.  

Calories DO matter.  These people go from eating a reasonable amount of calories -- being in a deficit most of the time because their healthy food is so filling -- to consuming an enormous surplus of calories because they are OFF the wagon and completely letting their emotions run the show.

You can cure Type 2 diabetes.  Yes, you can.  Does that mean you can go back to eating the BS that caused it in the first place, and not become diabetic again? Heck no.  That ship has sailed.  That lesson is learned.  We're creating new habits here, for a lifetime of happiness and health.  Not so that we can go and revisit the past.

About the fish  (yes, I know I am late to the plate here).....  I have found the solution!!!  No worries about heavy metals, no worries about too much!

AND - we can use the fish to sustain our gardens!

Check this out!

http://aquaponicsuniversity.com

I went over this website for hours yesterday (well, a long time anyway).  It sounds too good to be true.  How I would love to get a small one for my property.  I don't need to feed 8 people.  Maybe if I can get something about 1/4 that size - bit enough for two.....  Might have to research this more in my spare time :)

Ummm, this is really cool.  Thanks for sharing.  And check it out -- tilapia!   :lol:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-21%20at%209.25.5

We'd have to drive a million miles to a restaurant. 

You live somewhere that has a movie theater, but no restaurant?

As I was driving through town today, I really looked around at how many options we have.  It is sort of unbelievable.  It's no wonder people are fat and lazy.  We don't even have to get out of our cars.

Really think about that for a little bit, folks.  

It's hard to see when you are living it.

Once you are out of it.........  it starts to look really disgusting.

I think it's even worse for me now that I know all I'm learning from the Feingold program.  The things they do not even have to disclose on a label, anywhere.   :mellow:

Does this ever happen to all y'all, some of the fonts completely disappear. The reposted gray boxes are totally blank.  So I see answers and no questions.

Yes, I will eat more fat.  There are no eatin' joints.  I have a one pump gas station that has condiments, a few hot dogs on a roller and multi-crap in the fridge. We drive to the showhouse, nuttin' there but a Mickey D's.   Alreet,  Alright, Alrooty, I went for another hike and left myself checked in here but I was really checked out.  check-email-smiley.gif?1292867567  Hotel California. 

What did I miss. did-i-miss-smiley.gif?1292867581 I can't see anything. This used to happen to Miki all of the time on the WD30, she would get so mad. I see what she means.  I can't see a bloomin' thing.

Does this ever happen to all y'all, some of the fonts completely disappear. The reposted gray boxes are totally blank.  So I see answers and no questions.

Nope.  I don't think this has ever happened to me.  BUT -- sometimes when I look at your posts on my phone, they all turn to cursive.  A fancy, swirly font.  Is that weird, or what?   :blink:   It's kind of hard to read, too.

It is weird.  My dropdown box has only 3 fonts available right now.  I have to keep changing them. I use one and they completely disappear the next time.  That would happen to Miki.

So there's nothing but football on again.  You've seen one,bored-smiley.gif?1292867559you've seen 'em all. 

If Lancer showed up, I can't see anything.  Kmlynne, you need a bigger pond for the fish, the smaller the pond, the smaller the fishaquarium2-smiley.gif?1292867549...they could end up looking like guppies or goldfish.  You could just net them in with a vege strainer. 

aquarium1-smiley.gif?1292867549

nite-mare-smiley.gif?1292867643  It's getting dark so early now.  I can't wait for Spring to get here.  I really don't like the shorter days and time change.  I'm not ready for blowing, drifting snow.  Any spooks out there tonight?  I have to watch myself when I go outside.  The critters are moving in for their last bit of food before winter.   

I've lost that lovin' feeling for play foods.  I can't stand those branded bags of mini candy bars, that melty cheap chocolate.   I've never had a love for those things and I don't mind if they do slip away.  Baby, baby....I'm not beggin' you please to come on back.   I'll never bring that lovin' feelin' back for play foods.  It's gone,  gone, gone.

Extinction Burst.    

Some things are meant to go extinct.   Cake and frosting.  Candy bars.  Paleo Snacks.  Larabars of every kind. Potato chips.  Bread bowls, bread bread, pizza, bowls of pasta swimming in cheese, french fries that are swimming in grease, donuts that are fried in commercial oil and drizzled up with more frosting.  Shout. Shout. Let it all out.  These are the things I can do without.  Come on.  I'm talking to you.  Shout.  Shout.  Let it all out. These are things I can do without.  You shouldn't have to sell your soul. You really ought to know.   Those one track minds that took you for a wrecking ball.  Kiss them Goodbye.   Shout.  Shout.   Let it all out.   These are things I can do without.  

Yeah no kidding lol

Ha! I'd no idea it was so colloquial! I believe the term originated from way back  in the day when we Irish had no money & made mattresses from hay/straw covered in fabric, then as the body warmed it up the bed bugs would come out & start biting, and you'd soon start scratching.... Not the nicest of thoughts, but it somehow stuck!

You live somewhere that has a movie theater, but no restaurant?

As I was driving through town today, I really looked around at how many options we have.  It is sort of unbelievable.  It's no wonder people are fat and lazy.  We don't even have to get out of our cars.

Really think about that for a little bit, folks.  

It's hard to see when you are living it.

Once you are out of it.........  it starts to look really disgusting.

I think it's even worse for me now that I know all I'm learning from the Feingold program.  The things they do not even have to disclose on a label, anywhere.   :mellow:

Like the Matrix.....  B) 

The town I work has a drive thru - just about the only one I know of, anywhere, where the little machine you talk into is on the passenger's side - makes it a little awkward if you've no passenger!

Can't remember the last time I ate anything from one of those places - even their coffee was always poor quality.... 

I don't believe that these folks "latch onto rebound weight gain so fast" because of their past weight.  I just don't.  I believe they rapidly gain weight back because they go back to their old habits.  They start eating foods again that created the metabolic nightmare in the first place.  

They eat foods that not only do not provide satiety -- they are foods that cue the response of wanting more, and more, and more.  

Calories DO matter.  These people go from eating a reasonable amount of calories -- being in a deficit most of the time because their healthy food is so filling -- to consuming an enormous surplus of calories because they are OFF the wagon and completely letting their emotions run the show.

You can cure Type 2 diabetes.  Yes, you can.  Does that mean you can go back to eating the BS that caused it in the first place, and not become diabetic again? Heck no.  That ship has sailed.  That lesson is learned.  We're creating new habits here, for a lifetime of happiness and health.  Not so that we can go and revisit the past.

^ This.

And this is why I think if you come here for that quick-fix/kick-start into weight loss, and you don;t follow through with the reintroduction stage that you'll very quickly spiral back into oblivion.

A gut re-set is just that. It does NOT somehow allow your body to deal with the multi-crap differently. And in all honesty I think the very fact that you've been good to your body for the 30/45/60/100 days that you actually deal with the sugar & the carb-fest in a worse way because your body is saying:

'Jeez.... WTAF?? I thought we were over this...!!''

The dieters will always be dieters. Those who are here for the good of their health get it - not always & not immediately, but for the most part they do.

Meadow, you get it. You do. You sometimes doubt yourself, but you've lasted this long, and you're not about to start back sliding now all for a few chocolate covered raisins. Now pull yourself together - practice what you preach - compliant without complaint - and if all else fails have a spoonful of that macnut oil you're always bangin' on about...  ;)  :P

I do get it.  When others flaunt their raisins{choco} and flop their gummy bears around, it marshes my mellow. The world is filled with breakrooms and play foods that we don't want to eat but others will enjoy it to smithereens.. 

Let's face it, in this world you will meet people who enjoy marshing your mellow.  It reveals something about the status of their heart.  You have to learn to read the signs along the way.  Miss the signs and you could step into a big black hole.

No BS up in here.   "Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself".  That's a song.  I don't post songs in the morning...only at bedtime.   I'm weaning myself from distracting myself.   I still use music for dancing and HAPPY AWARENESS.

This is Brewer's log.  All of her friends are here.   Lancer, you're out there somewhere.   Where are you?

Don't hand me no lines.   I only want the truth without distraction.   A Challenge should be a real thing, too.   If you're going to challenge yourself to step it up a few notches, accountability is good.   

Dieting is such a farce.  Just cutting what you eat and not changing it is a disaster.   When you're at the higher numbers the greater your advantage for weight releasing.   You can start out with lopping potato chips off and you can see big changes.   Making small changes and going from there works when you're at your heaviest.

With dieting you will hit the wall and eat it all back because hunger takes over.  Eating less cake when you used to eat a lot of cake will help you lose weight but won't make you feel or look good.  Eating boxed frozen dinners won't make you look good either.  Eating 100 calorie snacks will keep your hunger roaring.

Just cutting what you eat and not changing it is a complete disaster.  Protein cannot be overlooked.

I do believe the ticket is to build your metabolism.   Meal by meal and mile by mile and month by month.   Eating healthy super foods and exercising and keeping at it.  You can't change a horse midstream and you can't fall back into your old habits.   

If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always gotten.

A Whole 30 is only intended for 30 days and then you create your own sustainable plan.  When I read about peaks and valleys after a Whole 30 and then jumping back on the Whole 30 to deal with a disaster...it can become another form of branded dieting.

We have to learn to enjoy our life.  Period.  Everything we eat.   And all the exercise we do.

We need to enjoy the changes or at least learn to enjoy them.  That's why I don't like branded diets.

After one compliant Whole 30 and only one is needed with a proper reintroduction phase - we have to find customized sustainable solutions that work for us and our body which means lots of trial and error.   I can eat 6-7 cans of fish aday when I'm traveling.  Would you do that?   Yes, I think so.   It works for me and I love the stuff.  

I exercise and it helps me deal with stress.   I'm starting to lift weights because it makes me feel good.  So I do all of these things because I want to.  Not because I feel compelled to by the scale or some weight loss goal.

Would I spend my time in a Spinning Class?  No.  Because I can't stand it.  Same with Zumba and Pilates. Would I eat boxed meals, smoothies or count calories.  No because it is more branded dieting.   Making plans for a Whole 100 is not what the Whole 30 is about and there's the temptation to turn it into another branded diet.  

You want to feel nice.   Find healthy food and exercise that makes you feel nice.  I mean really nice as you eat it.   This will become self-sustaining for you as you go into your future.  

The stuff I eat now makes me feel so much better in the moment than the junk I used to eat.  I had to find the foods that work for me which turned out to be Whole 30 style foods.    I skip all bread, pasta, grains...refined carbs and sugars.   

I don't worry about jack anymore.  My life has only gotten better and I don't sweat about the little things. There's no such thing as a Whole 365.   The Whole 30 is only 30 days.   Create a plan you can live with.  I call mine the Positive Food Management Plan.    Play with it but not with play foods.  

If we try to fit a Whole 30 into another branded dieting slot....your mind will rebel and reject it at some point. The two don't mix.  Find those healthy foods and exercise that make you feel nice.  It will then truly become all so self-sustaining.

Archived