Starting 1/4/16

TanaRed

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 7! How is everyone feeling today? Anyone experiencing food boredom? Being a pescatarian, I am sort of getting sick of seafood and eggs.

L, I am right there with you! Overall it hasn't been bad for me (low point: intense headaches and exhaustion on day 2) but even though I'm not hungry and I feel good about sticking with it, eggs and seafood are getting a bit old. Although I've had so many boiled ages in the last couple of days that I'm definitely feeling more jaded than usual - my husband and I went away for the weekend and j packed a bunch of boiled gags, tuna salad, and mashed sweet potato to be able to stay compliant. Success, but it's been boring.

Have you tried making any of the sauces? I did citrus-glazed haddock the other day and it was delicious. I'm planning to make a spinach frittata when I get home, and will try to stick to different frittatas this week to make the eggs more interesting. I'm also planning to modify a gumbo recipe with lots of fish and shrimp - I think for me the key at this point is to make the food as exciting as possible.

NSV: my husband has been calling Whole30 "Whole Boring" - he's a definite sugar addict - but told me that the cauliflower "rice" and citrus-glazed haddock I made the other day is one of the best meals he's ever eaten. No more complaints from him!

Hi all! Thanks so much for the continued support. Happy to report that the moodiness from last week is mostly gone and I've been getting a ton of sleep. I have so much energy today, and I'm thankful because it's food prep day! :)

I see that others are talking about avoiding food boredom and that's something that's been on my mind too. I'm sure you all already know, but buzzfeed has a few lists of W30 compliant meals (including crock pot recipes, which I love) so I'll be reading through those today.

One of the reasons I starting this program is to see if it would help clear up my skin somewhat. I've always been prone to acne, but it's actually been a little bit worse over the past few days. I'm hoping that this is part of "it gets worse before it gets better" and that it'll start to clear up soon. Has anyone else struggled with this?

Happy day 7!

L, I am right there with you! Overall it hasn't been bad for me (low point: intense headaches and exhaustion on day 2) but even though I'm not hungry and I feel good about sticking with it, eggs and seafood are getting a bit old. Although I've had so many boiled ages in the last couple of days that I'm definitely feeling more jaded than usual - my husband and I went away for the weekend and j packed a bunch of boiled gags, tuna salad, and mashed sweet potato to be able to stay compliant. Success, but it's been boring.

Have you tried making any of the sauces? I did citrus-glazed haddock the other day and it was delicious. I'm planning to make a spinach frittata when I get home, and will try to stick to different frittatas this week to make the eggs more interesting. I'm also planning to modify a gumbo recipe with lots of fish and shrimp - I think for me the key at this point is to make the food as exciting as possible.

NSV: my husband has been calling Whole30 "Whole Boring" - he's a definite sugar addict - but told me that the cauliflower "rice" and citrus-glazed haddock I made the other day is one of the best meals he's ever eaten. No more complaints from him!

The only sauces I've made from the book are the basic mayo (delicious!) and the hollandaise, which didn't turn out how I expected but I ate it anyway. I made my own citrus/orange sauce (not the recipe from the book but still compliant and delicious) which I had with shrimp and veggies. Normally when I get sick of seafood I start eating beans or tofu for awhile. Last night I bought frozen salmon and frozen ahi tuna, two things I didn't have last week. I also got some canned salmon and made salmon cakes last night with the intention of eating them over the next few days. I had two for breakfast with sliced grilled potato, avocado, poached egg and hollandaise. They weren't bad, but now I'm over them honestly the thought of eating those salmon cakes again makes me want to gag. I'm going to have the freeze the rest until they seem appetizing again.

Hi all! Thanks so much for the continued support. Happy to report that the moodiness from last week is mostly gone and I've been getting a ton of sleep. I have so much energy today, and I'm thankful because it's food prep day! :)

I see that others are talking about avoiding food boredom and that's something that's been on my mind too. I'm sure you all already know, but buzzfeed has a few lists of W30 compliant meals (including crock pot recipes, which I love) so I'll be reading through those today.

One of the reasons I starting this program is to see if it would help clear up my skin somewhat. I've always been prone to acne, but it's actually been a little bit worse over the past few days. I'm hoping that this is part of "it gets worse before it gets better" and that it'll start to clear up soon. Has anyone else struggled with this?

Happy day 7!

I didn't know buzzfeed had that! I'll have to heck that out today. I haven't had any major skin problems yet, but I've heard of it happening to other people. A few weeks before starting, I read a blog by a girl who did a whole30 with her boyfriend. She was acne-prone but he wasn't. However, they both experienced bad breakouts during the first two weeks and then it cleared up. So hopefully you're right about it getting worse before it gets better :)

• Moderators

Be careful with lists like those, they often contain things that are not truly whole30, like puddings or smoothies -- don't assume that because something on the internet is labeled whole30 that it really is.

www.wholelifeeating.com is all whole30 compliant recipes. www.meljoulwan.com is mostly whole30 recipes and she's usually good about pointing out ones that aren't or substitutions to make them compliant. www.nomnompaleo.com and www.stupideasypaleo.com also have quite a few whole30 recipes.

Melissa Joulwan and Michelle Tam (Nom Nom Paleo) changed my life- no exaggeration. Their recipes are my go-to for the tastiest out there.

Day seven here, and finally feeling good. I meet up with some folks for an outdoor workout on Sundays, and for the first time in ages, I managed to get up and get stuff done....including breakfast...before leaving the house. For me, this is huge. Workout was better too (duh, I guess, but nice to see it).

Facing a huge challenge/decision re: travel next week. I have a very special guest coming to town from the west coast. We're taking a train to NYC, for three days of sightseeing and hanging out. Now, this is where I would normally add "and eating", but: you see my dilemma. She is a foodie/cook who appreciates good quality fresh foods, but she is also a great moderator (I am not!) and can eat sensibly without eliminating categories of things.

I am confident that I can stay on-plan while we're here at home (she's coming for 10 days), but while traveling? Ugh. I am not willing to make her trip all about what *I* can and can't eat. So picking out places to eat ahead of time- just not really going to work.

Since I was intending to do a whole90 (I found from previous 30s that 30 is not enough to slay my sugar dragon, change my palate, and get new habits ingrained), I think I have come up with the following plan: do the best I can, and assume that I'll be starting at day one again next Sunday (we get home late Saturday night). I'm defining "do the best I can" as: eating compliant when that's available. Enjoying the non-compliant things when that's what's there, and not using any of it as an excuse to eat sweets or go off the rails. There are some favorite restaurants/foods that I want to share with her- totally non-compliant - but none of those are the basis for my unhealthy relationship with food. They're not my triggers.

Not giving up the ghost just yet- will continue on plan until the last possible minute.

Wrapping up Day 7 - woohoo.  No more headaches, and my stomach is feeling a bit better.  I made one of my favorite breakfasts today, it's an egg roll-up (http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/caramelised-onion-carrot-baked-omelette-roll-recipe/comment-page-1/#comment-122643), but it takes too much time to prepare on work mornings.  Ever since my first W30 I have made homemade mayo - can't go back to the c**p that's sold in the stores ^_^   And like SusanB, I wouldn't be able to do this without the recipes from Well Fed (Melissa Joulwan) and NomNom Paleo.  I made Sunshine Sauce today, and omg it is a flavor explosion!  It will be delicious on veggies or meat.  The next one I want to make is Zingy Ginger Dressing.  I have a few pears that I need to use in a W30 dish, but I haven't found anything yet.  (Receive fruit boxes from Harry & David as a Christmas gift).  I had to throw out 2 pears and hope to use the remaining 4 before they go bad.  I'm sure the next fruit delivery will be coming before the end of the month.  I don't usually eat whole fruit on my W30's, because my sugar dragon gets confused - it's too much sugar even though it's technically ok.  I made Well Fed's Waldorf Tuna Salad for lunch tomorrow, along with a big salad and a wedge of fresh coconut.

Day 7! I've been feeling kind of lethargic all week and then today I just felt amazing suddenly. I was in a great mood for no reason and had so much energy. Hoping that keeps up!

Laurever, I'm not particularly prone to acne myself but I think day 5 I noticed a breakout on my lower back (gross right?). It already seems to be clearing up though, so I hope yours gets better quickly also.

Anybody have trouble making it through the weekend? I didn't have any real trouble myself, but one of my favorite things about whole30 is that it really makes me mindful of what I put in my mouth. The amount of times I said no thank you in the past week is almost comical. Old me would have tasted the corn fritters, appreciated the drink, eaten the taco, had a piece of bread etc etc without even thinking. In a way it's kind of empowering, right? Ok, I'm off to enjoy some chocolate chili. Tomorrow starts week two!!

Last night I went to a coworkers house and just trusted that I would be fine without eating till I got home at 10pm.. I ended up buying a salad at Panera which had cheese. I am happy to say I didn't eat the cookie or the bread or the lasagna that my friend offered, even though it was tempting to have that "everything is ruined anyways" attitude. So just dairy, and today back to square one.

My biggest lesson is that I think I got a bit cocky after my prior 3 whole30s and I for sure did not prepare as much as I should have for this week. Lesson learned. Back to basics and meal planning for every meal!

You don't need to be ashamed booksandcoffee, any time you need to restart is a learning experience and these are never bad :)

Even though you might not have been compliant, I still count your measured behavior as a NSV, as you didn't eat all that stuff and you could have.

Are you feeling like you've been missing out, or just felt unprepared and hungry?

I'm still feeling pretty good! I must say, however, that I have to have a snack between breakfast and lunch. I get up early and am eating anywhere between 6am-7am, then I usually have lunch around 1,1:30. I've been snacking around 10-10:30am. (usually a hard boiled egg with olive oil and an apple. Or today it's a banana and grapes with a handful of almonds) I know that snacking is ok if you need to, but I also know they recommend sticking to three meals and trying not to snack in between. My meals and snacks follow the template, but I get hungry mid-morning and it feels too early for lunch, especially if I'm not having dinner until almost 6pm!

That's a big gap between your breakfast and lunch, I would totally have a mini meal of protein, fat and veggies in there to keep me going :)

I find the mini meals with all three help me find where I'm truly hungry, sometimes things like fruit and nuts make me more snacky, because they're not really satisfying.

Ive been doing ok.  Definitely having sugar withdrawals and cravings.  But today i woke up with heartburn and bloating.  So confused since arent we eating foods that are known to NOT cause bloating and tummy troubles.  Also, went to the doctor yesterday where i had to be weighed and I've gained.  Is there a phase "I just want to give up because nothing good is happening"?

Hang in there, YOU CAN DO THIS! :D One of the reasons for the no scale rule is that seeking instant results often leads to less healthy choices and the numbers on the scale can be very misleading (many bodybuilders will be obese on a chart - really not helpful for a lot of the time).

Ya'll, I hesitate to write this because I don't want to discourage anyone else, so please just take this as my individual choice and not something you should do, but... I'm bowing out.  I'll post more in my whole30 log thread, but it's not necessary to share it all here.

Please know I'm cheering you all on and hope that the Whole30 is as wonderful for you as it has been for me in the past.

I think it's a good choice for you b.c. Whole30 takes some effort and sometimes there are things going on which are using up all that effort, or you really just need a break from planning, stress etc. Knowing when something is making you feel less good is a good thing :)

is it ok to have coconut water as a little pick me up about 3 hours after a meal?

I find for me this is a bit like putting a pot on the sugar dragon's head and whacking it with a big metal spoon ;) he wakes up and is very cranky with me.

If you're finding you're hungry, you may need a mini meal or to eat more in the meal beforehand.

Day 6 started with a delicious Rainbow Hash and eggs - question: if my egg is a double-yolker does it count as 2?

haha, if it's in one shell it's just one egg ;)

5 down..... 25 to go! Much more confident today than on Day 1 - I've never been able to see something like this through to the end so I am hopeful that I will this time. My first "test" was last night. A group of women got together at Chilis for drinks and dinner for our friends birthday! OMG - to sit at that table without drinking a margarita and eating the chips was as close to torture as I want to get. But....... I did it. I knew I would be tempted more if I arrived hungry so I made sure to eat something before I went. It worked. I had water and enjoyed the conversation! I didn't stress over what I was going to eat because I already ate and wasn't hungry! Test 1 down..... Not sure how many more to go, but feel better knowing I've conquered 1. Be blessed, all of you! Good luck.

Great NSV! :D Sometimes those moments are really life changing. You don't have to drink or eat junk to have a good time

My days start very early 5am and end very late 11:30 - 12 each night so I don't think there is enough tiger blood to make me run a marathon after my day

You don't always get a choice in the hours of your day, but you might find your short sleeping windows catch up with you. If you day runs from 5am to 12 midnight then the maximum sleep you can get in 24 hours is a tiny 5 hours :o There are some hormones in the body which are only produced until 1am, so you've only got 1 hour to make everything you need for the day.

Maybe you could get your son to make you some homemade mayo while you take a nap?

I even made pancakes for my boyfriend and his kids this morning, and I didn't taste the batter! We went to my moms for awhile in the late morning and not knowing what she would have to eat (or how long we would be staying) I packed some almonds and a larabar which came in handy because they all ate lunch and I had something to hold me over until we got home and I could finish last nights leftovers. Success!

This is a great NSV! :D

I also found the transition to coffee with coconut milk surprisingly easy, but am happy that I only seem to want one cup in the morning now because it isn't quite tasty enough to want more in the afternoon. I had headaches/tiredness days 2-3, but now I feel pretty good. Today I went snowshoeing for two hours and I was so excited because I actually wanted to go do it, and totally enjoyed it. An NSV for sure as I've been a slug for ages. I've been so tired for so long that having the desire to go do something was really nice.

One thing that I feel has helped me so far is not getting too complicated right off the bat. The first few days I just ate plain meat, veggies, nuts, fruit. No sauces or anything. Now that the food is getting a bit monotonous I can start to explore some more interesting recipes/ ingredients (haven't tried ghee yet!) and that will hopefully keep my interest going for the rest of the 30 days. Initially, I felt that if I created an elaborate menu plan for three gourmet meals a day, I'd just overwhelm myself and give up, and I'm happy I went that route as I now know that the program can be really simple and do-able, but I'm looking forward to experimenting with some fun meals, too. My Whole30 book just came in the mail yesterday! One other NSV: I cooked dinner last night. Our family has had take-out every Friday evening for about... ten years. Last night I made bolognese with spaghetti squash and salad for me, linguine for the kids. They all had ice cream for dessert and I had chia seeds. Lol! 

So many NSVs!!! :D

Day 7! How is everyone feeling today? Anyone experiencing food boredom? Being a pescatarian, I am sort of getting sick of seafood and eggs.

Some lists of things to skim through when you're in Food Boredom stage:

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/01/03/30-whole30-friendly-recipes/

http://whole30.com/2014/10/best-whole30-recipes-sauces-dressings-dips-oh/

http://meljoulwan.com/2009/07/21/sunshine-sauce/ - this one is a must do!

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/10/20/zingy-ginger-dressing/

(honestly, Mel Joulwan is my go to whenever I'm bored. I like the NomNomPaleo recipes too, but I think my palate is a closer match to Mel's and she has so many *easy* things like great sauces)

You're not alone Laura, as acne is hormone related you will see some ups and downs, but also some great wins :) Quite a lot of people get comments towards the end of W30 on their healthy/glowing skin (even the men).

I think I have come up with the following plan: do the best I can, and assume that I'll be starting at day one again next Sunday (we get home late Saturday night). I'm defining "do the best I can" as: eating compliant when that's available. Enjoying the non-compliant things when that's what's there, and not using any of it as an excuse to eat sweets or go off the rails. There are some favorite restaurants/foods that I want to share with her- totally non-compliant - but none of those are the basis for my unhealthy relationship with food. They're not my triggers.

I think this is a good plan Susan. There are some experiences in life that are worth just enjoying. If there's anything you know makes you sick though, I would avoid those. Try and get in at least one healthy place, so if you do it again, you can go back to one of your good memory places.

I made Sunshine Sauce today, and omg it is a flavor explosion!  It will be delicious on veggies or meat.  The next one I want to make is Zingy Ginger Dressing.  I have a few pears that I need to use in a W30 dish, but I haven't found anything yet.  (Receive fruit boxes from Harry & David as a Christmas gift).  I had to throw out 2 pears and hope to use the remaining 4 before they go bad.  I'm sure the next fruit delivery will be coming before the end of the month.  I don't usually eat whole fruit on my W30's, because my sugar dragon gets confused - it's too much sugar even though it's technically ok.

Pears are high in fructose, so they can be a problem for some people. You might like them wrapped in prosciutto or something, or in a dressing

I didn't have any real trouble myself, but one of my favorite things about whole30 is that it really makes me mindful of what I put in my mouth. The amount of times I said no thank you in the past week is almost comical. Old me would have tasted the corn fritters, appreciated the drink, eaten the taco, had a piece of bread etc etc without even thinking. In a way it's kind of empowering, right?

This was huge for me my first Whole30, I had not realised how often I ate food that I didn't really love/enjoy/want, sometimes to please others or because I didn't want to "make a fuss". It's quite funny as I'm not usually an avoider of confrontation, but I found a lot of food habits were this way. Clean your plate when you're not hungry, eat food you hate, say yes when someone really *really* wants you to eat their special creation, eat seconds when you didn't want any. Saying no was quite an interesting experience, really changed my perspective

Day 8 and a Monday!

I'm feeling pretty good, I do feel less bloated and I am never really hungry nor have I had any cravings (which is VERY odd for me; something new to get used to.)

How did everyone do over the weekend? This was my first weekend doing Whole30 (like most I was assume) and was so nervous to go out with friend to a High School benefit where there'd be pizza, cookies and booze. I got there and really felt out of place, like I was really challenging myself. I didn't like that feeling, almost like a panic attack. I calmed myself down and shackled my arms to my waist so I couldn't reach food to my mouth...kidding of course.

I took a few deep breaths, kept telling myself "you go this" and ended up thinking why I was doing this which led me to relax and just enjoy the company I was with. After explaining to my friends why I wasn't eating pizza, they were all very interested in the program. Believe it or not, I was explaining this to a Navy Seal and he really said "God bless you, I know I couldn't do that." funny a Navy Seal saying that...

It was a tough weekend...but having one under my belt now, knowing what to expect, I think I can concur a few more!!!  

Have a GREAT week guys!

Happy day 8 everyone! I hope everyone's feeling well and on track. :)

I spent 5 hours in the kitchen yesterday prepping for this week.  I made three meals (pork ribs, salmon cakes, stuffed acorn squash) and things for my lunch (chicken cashew lettuce wrap, chicken salad, grilled chicken strips) and a handful of sauces and a batch of mayonnaise. I feel really ready to go this week. I am thankful I had a lot of energy (at least until it was time to do dishes, lol) because it's going to make my weeknights go so much more smoothly. My motto is 'set yourself up for success'... now I just need to move my running shoes a little closer to my bed. :)

Day 8 and a Monday!

I'm feeling pretty good, I do feel less bloated and I am never really hungry nor have I had any cravings (which is VERY odd for me; something new to get used to.)

How did everyone do over the weekend? This was my first weekend doing Whole30 (like most I was assume) and was so nervous to go out with friend to a High School benefit where there'd be pizza, cookies and booze. I got there and really felt out of place, like I was really challenging myself. I didn't like that feeling, almost like a panic attack. I calmed myself down and shackled my arms to my waist so I couldn't reach food to my mouth...kidding of course.

I took a few deep breaths, kept telling myself "you go this" and ended up thinking why I was doing this which led me to relax and just enjoy the company I was with. After explaining to my friends why I wasn't eating pizza, they were all very interested in the program. Believe it or not, I was explaining this to a Navy Seal and he really said "God bless you, I know I couldn't do that." funny a Navy Seal saying that...

It was a tough weekend...but having one under my belt now, knowing what to expect, I think I can concur a few more!!!

Have a GREAT week guys!

I'm amazed by your self control! And the shackling your hands bit made me chuckle.

Yesterday I was with my boyfriend at his grandparents' house (which I often am on Sunday's) and I left before dinner because they were ordering pizza (as they often do). I didn't even want to tempt myself, and didn't feel like explaining to his grandmother why I wasn't eating the pizza. She's big on junk food, and i didn't feel like getting into a conversation about why I couldnt have "just one slice" or "just one piece of candy." My boyfriend gets it, he's being supportive, and I know we are supposed to talk about it with the people around us but in this scenario I just felt it was better to remove myself from the situation.

Happy day 8 everyone! I hope everyone's feeling well and on track. :)

I spent 5 hours in the kitchen yesterday prepping for this week. I made three meals (pork ribs, salmon cakes, stuffed acorn squash) and things for my lunch (chicken cashew lettuce wrap, chicken salad, grilled chicken strips) and a handful of sauces and a batch of mayonnaise. I feel really ready to go this week. I am thankful I had a lot of energy (at least until it was time to do dishes, lol) because it's going to make my weeknights go so much more smoothly. My motto is 'set yourself up for success'... now I just need to move my running shoes a little closer to my bed. :)

I hear you about moving the running shoes closer to the bed!! I have only been to the gym once since starting this (and really that was the first time I went since thanksgiving!) I need to get back in the habit of getting up and going to the gym.

Your meals sound good! I didn't do enough prep this week, but stocked up on frozen fish, fresh fruit, and fresh veggies that can easily be cooked in short order. I will probably do some prep tonight though, I like having different options available especially for side dishes.

Thank you to everyone who has been sharing websites with recipes to avoid food boredom! I can't wait to give some of this stuff a try.

Good morning everyone and YAY for Day 8!  I feel great!  Ahhh :D :D  My stomach is almost back to normal and I haven't had a headache in a few days.  My energy feels really good.  I'm so glad I'm doing this.  Didn't really feel like riding the spin bike last night, but pushed myself to do it, and I'm glad I did.  I hit a Grouchy Wall last night when my TV remote caused my TV to lock on one channel and I couldn't switch to watch the second Wild Card game.  I'm a football junkie ;)  Both my sons played football through elementary, middle and high school, and even played semi-pro after college.  I got so frustrated and I swear I went up the bit**iness scale in minus 2 seconds.  I had to call Comcast to have them reset my box, and by that time I'd missed the first half hour of the game.  I was very very cranky.  But then I got on my bike and watched the rest of the game, and all was good in my world.  Can't wait for my foot (plantar fasciitis) to calm down so I can run.  This has been one of the mildest winters on record.  <sigh> at least it's nice for walking the dog.

I think this is a good plan Susan. There are some experiences in life that are worth just enjoying. If there's anything you know makes you sick though, I would avoid those. Try and get in at least one healthy place, so if you do it again, you can go back to one of your good memory places.

Hey, thanks! I travel there fairly often and feel like I could stay in control on my own. Perhaps that I'm going to be with a friend is an excuse? But it seems reasonable to me. I'm sure I can find some egg & veg while she has a bagel, but I don't want to do "no I can't eat there" to a bunch of her wishlist places.

As compared to previous 30s, I feel - I don't know - freer knowing that I plan to stay pretty much on-plan for 90 days. So it will be a whole10 (ha) or so, followed by a proper 30 - but planning to stay with the habits for another six or eight weeks after the 30 is complete. I feel like this concept should be more daunting than 30, but it's less for some reason.

Hey all!  Day 8!  WOOT!  Question for all of you though, as I didn't experience this the last time I did a whole 30.  For the last 3-4 days I have just felt "off".  Cold a lot (I am usually ALWAYS hot), and I constantly have the "feeling" you have in your body/head when you know a cold is on the way even though I am almost positive I am not getting a cold.  I ate pretty close to Paleo before this (although Nov/Dec were a disaster), never really ate much sugar, don't drink soda or coffee,etc. so I feel like I shouldn't be having major detox symptoms and especially still on day 8.  Do any of you ever experience this when you aren't eating ENOUGH?  My appetite has been wonky so I am forcing myself to eat sometimes and I am wondering if I am not eating enough, and that is causing my constant off/blah feeling?  Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated!   

Hey all!  Day 8!  WOOT!  Question for all of you though, as I didn't experience this the last time I did a whole 30.  For the last 3-4 days I have just felt "off".  Cold a lot (I am usually ALWAYS hot), and I constantly have the "feeling" you have in your body/head when you know a cold is on the way even though I am almost positive I am not getting a cold.  I ate pretty close to Paleo before this (although Nov/Dec were a disaster), never really ate much sugar, don't drink soda or coffee,etc. so I feel like I shouldn't be having major detox symptoms and especially still on day 8.  Do any of you ever experience this when you aren't eating ENOUGH?  My appetite has been wonky so I am forcing myself to eat sometimes and I am wondering if I am not eating enough, and that is causing my constant off/blah feeling?  Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated!   

I feel like this a lot when I'm dehydrated. Are you drinking enough water? 

Be careful with lists like those, they often contain things that are not truly whole30, like puddings or smoothies -- don't assume that because something on the internet is labeled whole30 that it really is.

www.wholelifeeating.com is all whole30 compliant recipes. www.meljoulwan.com is mostly whole30 recipes and she's usually good about pointing out ones that aren't or substitutions to make them compliant. www.nomnompaleo.com and www.stupideasypaleo.com also have quite a few whole30 recipes.

I second the www.nomnompaleo.com and www.stupideasypaleo.com recommendations.  I use their recipes A LOT as well as PaleOMG and Against All Grain (although some of those have to be modified for W30).  Also, if you buy tessamae products or have heard of them, they are sending out entire weeks worth of whole 30 compliant recipes each week this month and have a bunch of them on their website.  I am making two of their recipes this week because I just got my Tessamae's whole 30 "pack" in the mail on Sat.  I honestly haven't been bored with food choices at all, but then again I love to cook.   :D 

I feel like this a lot when I'm dehydrated. Are you drinking enough water? 

I drink at least a gallon of water a day.  LOL  I drink a LOT of water, even before I started W30.  

Sorry I just responded to you twice.  Still figuring out how to respond to an entire thread rather than just a response!  :o

Archived