• Moderators

Yes, fermented coconut sap in coconut aminos is okay, because it's fermented.

I don't fly much, but liquid is usually limited in carry-ons. You might need to drain the liquid off the olives, or read up on how much liquid you're allowed. I have seen olives in snack-size foil pouches at the store, that might work better. Google Whole30 travel or Whole30 flying for past discussions on what people have taken with them. You might look for jerky or Epic bars or something like that for protein, or look into whether you can take something like hard boiled eggs or even just cooked chicken or something with you.

8 hours ago, Rebecca Troelstra said:

How do you travel with olives, etc? Do you really just take the glass jar in your carry on? With liquid and all? 

I put them in a plastic container, but a ziploc baggie would also work:
BsxsN36m.jpg

I traveled with some olives in the un opened can still. The TSA did a full search of my bag but eventually let it through. No guarantees. I would also say, if you're going to be eating on the plane itself vs in the airport during a lay over, try to be mindful of the other passengers- things like pouched tuna and sometimes eggs can be pretty fragrant.

• Moderators

Sorry, even the kale chips are not allowed. No commercially prepared chips of any sort. Make whatever you want at home, but bags of chips, even kale chips, are not approved during your Whole30. We want you eating whole foods you mostly prepare yourself. Buying bags of stuff just promotes munching.

Archived