I want to quit or cry or both

Something is not working for me but I can't figure it out. I'm on day 23 and I've had a raging headache all week combined with fatigue and some serious emotions! my period ended 3 days ago but I feel like I have really bad PMS. I'm also breaking out. I have tears in my eyes just writing this. 

I consider myself the queen of positive thinking but this has got me down in the dumps. I know there is no non-compliant thing that will make me feel better but feeling like crap is wearing on me.

I'm getting extra sleep, drinking enough water, following the meal template, meditating daily, yoga 4x a week. 

what do I do?

thank you for your help :)

I eat within an hour or 2 of getting up 8am, lunch at 1, dinner at 6:30-7. I 'm sleeping great! I actually got more sleep that usual the last few days because I've been so grumpy. Work can be a little stressful but I don't feel like I'm internalizing it 

today:

B: 3 eggs, butternut squash 1/4 C, broccoli 1 cup, half avocado

L: 2 chicken sausages, broccoli 1 C, cauliflower rice 1/2C, salad with dump ranch

D: Mango Chicken, steamed veggies 2 cups, salad with dump ranch and avocado

yesterday:

L: Tuna with mayo and avocado, 1/2 cup potatoes, salad with dump ranch

PWO: RX bar* i was in a pinch and had nothing. i was really hungry too. 

Dinner: 1 C broccoli, 3 HB eggs, 1/2 avocado 

Monday: 

L: big scoop of butternut/chicken casserole with avocado 

D: large fish filet, roasted parsnips, 1/2 sweet potato, arugula with dump ranch 

3 minutes ago, Nicole Lee said:

California :) It's going to be 75 this weekend. 

Then take yourself out there... Spend time with friends... 

Re the food, I'm not sure what your WO is, but it's possible you're not eating enough starchy veg for your activity level given that your time of month has just past. I'd maybe ramp it up for a few days to see how you feel...

Keep us posted!

Thank you guys. My headache has mostly subsided today. I did some journaling last night and I realized I have been in a funk because my whole30 is a week away from being finished and I'm sure I haven't lost any weight. My clothes fit the same and my face actually looked rounder in some recent photographs. I know this is not a weight loss program but I came into it hoping to lose weight and start down a path of generally paleo lifestyle free of counting, tracking and obsessing. I've been trying to lose the same 20 pounds for about 5 years now and it is exhausting starting new diets, exercise programs, reading new books, listening to podcast, saying positive affirmations, just to constantly see 162 pounds on the scale year after year. 

I love to cook and exercise so it seems like the ball should be in my court to reach my goals. I'm not going to quit and I'm going to see this through. I'm going to trust the process and stay present. I was so focused on day 31 that I was missing what was right in front of me....a badass lady on day 24 :) 

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this vent! It was quite therapeutic getting it out.  

I'm in your boat! I almost burst into tears yesterday at work. It's been a stressful week or so, and I just wanted to curl up in the corner with some chips & salsa, and a giant glass of wine. I had to step back and remind myself that I was on R4D24, and, work stress aside, I feel good. My pants aren't significantly looser, but my darn bra is! :lol: (Why are they always the first to go???) And boy oh boy do I feel good. No more tummy troubles, and skin issues and joint pain are much better too. We are in the home stretch here, so let's focus on the positive!

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Nicole Lee said:

I threw my scale in a dumpster yesterday. I feel like my entire whole30 purpose was to get to this moment. The greatest NSV of all time! I am finally free :) 

AAAAAHHHHHMMMMAzing!  Good for you!  That's the best feeling of freedom EVAH! 

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

21 minutes ago, Nicole Lee said:

I threw my scale in a dumpster yesterday. I feel like my entire whole30 purpose was to get to this moment. The greatest NSV of all time! I am finally free :) 

Excellent! We regularly have people crush them with kettle-bells in the gym - it's very empowering!!

Today is Day 18 for me.  I’m visiting a friend in NYC and we’ve mostly been eating out.  I’m becoming more and more tired of the rich full flavors of whole30 and just was something plain and light.  All I think about is plain Cheerios with almond milk, or penutbutter on toast. 

10 minutes ago, Lady L said:

Today is Day 18 for me.  I’m visiting a friend in NYC and we’ve mostly been eating out.  I’m becoming more and more tired of the rich full flavors of whole30 and just was something plain and light.  All I think about is plain Cheerios with almond milk, or penutbutter on toast. 

If you want something plain and light, then have some lightly seasoned chicken with cauliflower rice. Or make some chicken soup. Not everything has to be fatty cuts of meat topped with avocado and ranch. If you want something light, have something light :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Nicole! I have read all the responses to your post, and it sounds to me like you may have a hormonal imbalance! That's probably why you can't lose those 20lbs. Typically you need to do a hormonal blood panel on day 3 of your cycle- have you ever done this, and if so, when was the last time you had your hormone levels checked?! I'm obsessed with food as medicine and have studied food and hormones for over 10 years.

Archived