Day one and I feel amazing..something wrong?

I just started Whole 30. I did a lot of research/reading/prepping before I started. I read that the first week can be extremely hard for many people...like a "hangover" & flu syptoms, etc. Today is day 1 for me and I feel awesome and not at all hungry. Granted I've only had breakfast but I'm not even hungry for lunch right now. Is it possible I ate too much? I don't want to obsess about how much I'm eating, but I want to make sure I'm doing this well. For breakfast I ate: sweet potato hash, scrambled eggs, grilled peppers, a piece of sausage, and coconut milk in my coffee. Not to brag, but it was seriously one of the best meals I've eaten in a very LONG time!!! Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated for this newbie...thanks so much and I'm excited!! :D

I'm on Day 12 and for the first 11 days I felt incredible (today is the exception and it's not due to my Whole30, I can guarantee it).

Maybe you feel great because you gave your body what it needed in your breakfast? Which is yay! Right?

I'm no expert at this, but eat lunch even if you aren't hungry. Just until your body tells you to stop. Then stop.

How you feel is somewhat dependent on how you were eating up until today. And one of the most difficult things for a lot of people is the sugar withdrawals and that takes a day or two to sink in.

Today is my day one and I feel pretty great too...but I know it won't last. ;)

You're right. I just (well almost a year ago!) had my third baby after having them all back to back. Up until now I felt like I was basically starving myself to lost weight, but to no avail. It may sound weird, but I feel like my relationship with food has already improved after only one day!!! The recipes I've tried and come up with have been sooooo good I can't believe I'm even "allowed" to eat them. I know I'm addicted to sugar, so we will see if I get those withdrawls...I'm just so excited to be eating real food for once without the guilt.

Thanks so much for your responses!! :)

Don't stress! People react differently. The timeline's really just a rough guide

We really want you to eat at least three meals a day, so even if you aren't hungry for lunch at noon, try to get a small mini-meal in a couple of hours later. Then tomorrow, just don't make as much for breakfast.

The first week or so is just trial and error of figuring out how much your body needs and adjusting based on what your body's telling you

I actually never went through a horrible detox, I thought something was wrong, but it's just how I reacted. and I went from a 2 16oz coke zero a day/chocolate for breakfast/cake for lunch/cookies for dinner/eating out (mostly pizza) at least 5 days/nights a week habit. consider yourself lucky!!

I was really under eating pre W30 ( very low fat and cycling carbs) Then I started W30 and I felt very very satisfied following the template .... But I'm used to cutting weight for sports and doing stupid things to my body ..... W30 is so healthy .... It really gives you everything you need to thrive

Consider yourself lucky. I ate pretty much healthy, gluten-free, vegetarian, 3 meals a day. But I have had a headache from day 2 on, (today is Day 5). I feel awful, and often think it's not worth it, but of course Iknow it is, and I am soldiering on!

Good luck to you, and hopefully you will breeze through, (but know this, I'm jealous!) :rolleyes:

I'm on Day 3 and I also feel fine; I didn't get any sugar crash or any other symptoms except what I was already feeling from caffeine withdrawal (I quit caffeine a few days before starting the W30). I was on a fairly strict Paleo diet already, so maybe it just wasn't that big of a change, but I'm kind of wondering when the other shoe is going to drop...

I am getting ready to start. I am really expecting sugar withdrawals. Especially from the soda consumption. That's awesome that you've not had any negative effects. I hope you keep feeling great.

I spoke too soon!!! yesterday (day 3) was THE worst..full on body aches, grouchy, and craving sweets. Grateful I signed up for the daily newsletter so I know all this is normal and keeps me motivated. I feel like my immune system isn't working though..i can ususally fight off any sickness my kids may have... but not now. THey all have had horrible coughs and now i have it...blah. Really hoping all this turns around during the second week!!!

When I did my W30, I felt the same way. I was alive for the first time in a long time. I think it comes from being fired up on the program; the newness of it all and the adventure you're starting, I personally had a harder time starting week 2; when the detox started, I felt like hell for a few days.You WILL experience bad days, and they WILL require some strength, but think about what you'll be gaining, and you'll make it through!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on day three, and i'm just feeling tired(though I don't think its completely because of the program). I also think I'm not eating quite enough, because i've been getting hungry early. Before I started, I didn't eat alot of meat, so adding meat is a bit of a challenge for me. I am really enjoying searching out new recipes though!

Archived