Not ready to give up my training wheels

Beets

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're gonna do the AIP thing - good for you. It's gonna be challenging but it's certainly worth it. I'm wrestling with my own thoughts on the future. I liked this last month - kinda feels like being kicked out of the house and I don't think I'm ready!

• Moderators

I will totally join you, Nadia, and MoLuv on your AIP if there's more room on that bus! I've been off eggs, tomatoes, and peppers for more than a week now. It would just mean cutting out ghee :( and a few spices for me.

Happy Day 30. CONGRATULATIONS!! Regardless of the outcome, it's a huge accomplishment and giant step in the right direction. BRAVO!

I'm gonna bust on through till Sat night. Will do my write-up then.

Day 30

Thinking I screwed myself with the few late lunches and breakfasts this week. Read somewhere (omg the reading I've done this week!) that inadvertent IF is one of the causes of still feeling not awesome after going strict Paleo. (Also: starting with a really damaged gut, adrenal fatigue. Both of which I probably have.)

But no snacking, no fruit today. Yay!

M1: ground beef, sweet pot, ghee

M2: burger patties with smoked salt and paprika, l/o brussels sprouts sautéed in beefy pan fat, small sweet pot w ghee

Brought this lunch to the playground bc I was running late to get my son. Much better than grabbing a handful of nuts and raisins like I did yesterday. Want some of those Lunchbots things for me and my kids. And my husband.

Pre yoga: small portion shrimp in red Thai curry with bell peppers, broccoli, red onions, extra ginger.

M1: same. Planned to have this over cauliflower rice but it was full of teeny tiny bugs I couldn't rinse out.

My pre and post "workout" meals aren't great. But my kids were losing their minds, daughter has teeth coming in, screaming, pouring milk on the floor, dogs pooping in my husband's slippers, blah blah blah and that's what happened. I got a little bit dizzy in class.

But, class was great. Feel good. Zzzzz.

• Moderators

Pre yoga: small portion shrimp in red Thai curry with bell peppers, broccoli, red onions, extra ginger.

M1: same. Planned to have this over cauliflower rice but it was full of teeny tiny bugs I couldn't rinse out.

Booo to teeny tiny bugs in your food. :o Sounds like you managed to make a great day out of all kinds of craziness. Sounds like the dog is a very clear communicator. :huh:

What kind of yoga is it you're doing again? I never do pre and post WO meals with yoga. Empty stomach works great for me. But I do a 6 a.m. class and just eat breakfast afterward.

Interesting about IF. Hmmmm. I thought it was a good thing. . . . I had lots of late breakfasts earlier in my W30. Ugh. So much information!

M, the only reason I eat before is that I get home after 9:30pm. What I should do is eat my real dinner well before yoga but I haven't been able to pull that together every time I go. We are used to eating late (kids eat separately during the week) and it's been the hardest habit to break. I hate yoga with food in my belly too, but if I eat nothing I've been getting dizzy while W30ing. So I just eat a little something. I do vinyasa, btw.

Our dogs only poop in my husband's shoes. It's really gross but also makes me laugh.

The IF thing apparently is good of you are really healthy and your systems are working properly. Otherwise it stresses your already out of whack functioning. Supposedly.

Day 33?

I've skipped a day or two of logging. Still in it to win it, though we have my husband's birthday dinner tonight. To which i am wearing my heretofore too small jeans. Last entry in this log as I will be having some wine tonight.

The restaurant is one of our special treat favorite places. It's a farm-to-table seasonal type joint and 70% of the dishes look compliant or almost compliant. Lots of fish this week. Should be delicious. They usually have some yummy seasonal cocktail and I might enjoy one of those.

Lovely day today. I love the high 60s. My kids love dirt.

post-19355-13676245984325_thumb.jpg

I feel good today. Really and truly. I felt happy and confident. And not like a freak of nature. I smiled and laughed a lot. Some of it is the weather--everyone was happy today. But I also made it till 11am before I realized I hadn't had any caffeine at all. And I had energy. Amazing!

I stepped on the scale and I'm down about 7-8 pounds. (I have a really crappy Ikea scale that measures in 2lb increments and changes depending in where on the floor I put it.) I also took some After photos I may or may not post in a Success Story. My pants are seriously about to drop past my bottom. Time to spend the small bit of money I set aside from our tax rebate for precisely this purpose.

I also weighed myself after chowing on the Nomnom Korean BBQ brisket (she uses short ribs) I had in my slow cooker all night, filling my nostrils and the apartment with its delightful bouquet. Yum! Love that concoction. Love grass-fed brisket. Had totally bizarre dream that Hitler was rubbing boogers around my face to humiliate me--but that was probably unrelated.

http://nomnompaleo.c...-fed-short-ribs

Only issue is my slow cooker runs too hot and I end up with charred ends.

When my kids and I left the apartment, we each had a mouth- and handful of brisket. Great post-W30 moment there, with my almost 2yo daughter yelling, "Meat! Meat!"

M1: korean bBq brisket (3-4 portions...), raw carrots dipped in anchovy mayo, mmmm

M2: same

Snack: same (gotta hide this stuff) minus carrots

M3: OUT. Fish probably and veg. Cocktail and wine?

Tomorrow I will start on the Post w30 area. It's been real.

• Moderators

Enjoy off-roading tonight, and congrats on an uber successful whole30!

Looks like your kids (adorable, btw) take after their mama in the dirt loving department. Love the "meat!meat!" anecdote. I am totally making that recipe. Looks divine. She never disappoints.

Beets, I love your journal. I read every post. Your kids are adorable! My kid (39) lives 1 blck off Washington Square Park. I love going to visit and walking the city. We always spend a day at Central Park.

I never thought I could give up nightshades. I was eating mini bell peppers twice a Day for the last year. But it hasn't been as difficult as I thought. I've dumped them with the egg, beef and oranges. I do miss them because they were all my go to foods.

I think this healing process is going to take me more than 30 days.

Thanks for your support, it's really helped me!

Archived